Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 16th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Nature: Relaxed
Ironically, this thread has more IC than the IC thread does :p
Old January 16th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
The Wise Lesbian

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

@Machomuu: Indeed.
Old January 16th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
@Khawill: Michael does seem to have that groovy beat down to a funky rythym. His funk is uncomparable, as his chill dance moves add that bit of groove to any dance floor.

EDIT: I need some more 70's lingo....TO THE INTERNET!
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old January 16th, 2013 (06:54 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Sorae: *Shrinks* I'll leave you too alone to sort out your differences... while I sip a Coke.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old January 16th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
*spends too much time going through these posts, some mentioning Takumi* >.< Stuff like this will drive me away from this RP! God!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 16th, 2013 (08:21 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by WolfOfEve:
Fangirls: *outside the window of the classroom, staring in*

Solo: "Oh good lord..."

Teacher: "Is something wrong?"

Solo: *points a thumb toward the window* "Them."

Fangirls: *muffled* "HE NOTICED US!!" *squeals and fainting*

Solo: "Please, close the blinds."

Teacher: "Are they... Okay? Do they need medical attention?"

Solo: "Yeah, I'll say. Don't worry, this happens all of the time."

Teacher: "... Right... So, as I was saying, the answer wa--"

Solo: "I have a question."

Teacher: "What is it this time."

Solo: "Are the doors locked?"

Teacher: "What does that have to do with--"

*muffled screams and pounding on the door*

Frio: *speaking from experience, as a roommate* "Lock it lock it LOCK IT!!"
This is soooo untrue.
Frio: "Wait are those a lot of people at once?"

Teacher: "Yes..."

Frio: "Lock it lock it lock it!"

Is it odd that for the conversation involving Frio and MJ I imagined it taking place in a bowling alley? Probably not.

As for 70s lingo, I'm your man brotha, just ask the question and receive an answer, just a little suggestion though.

"You GOTTA put a little hip into your step. And boogy like a wild cheetah!" *Foolish dancing
Old January 17th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Guysss c: let's leave the IC part for in the IC thread okay? This is called an OOC thread not for nothing~ CX
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 17th, 2013 (07:12 AM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by Lokiepie.
ooh...Cake!

Nature: Quirky
don't mean to be harsh or anything here but does anyone else find the fact that Solo lifted a werewolf in its true form and threw it across the room as a bit OP (over powered.) I mean come on, they are only meant to be able to pick up large objects for a few seconds... which isn't long enough to lob a werewolf across the room without faintin

the lycan description even states this

(my replacement while a new sig is made )

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 17th, 2013 (07:20 AM).
Hey hoo~

Hmm…… lokiepie has a point here…… i'll talk about it with him.
Sisters
Theme
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by Lokiepie:
don't mean to be harsh or anything here but does anyone else find the fact that Solo lifted a werewolf in its true form and threw it across the room as a bit OP (over powered.) I mean come on, they are only meant to be able to pick up large objects for a few seconds... which isn't long enough to lob a werewolf across the room without faintin

the lycan description even states this
"I mean come on" is pretty descriptive of my reaction to this.

I feel I should go into depth as to what exactly happened, and the aftermath. (While ignoring the fact that I keep feeling victimized for various reasons)

Firstly, this fight took place outside, directly in the stands of the auditorium where the speech took place, in fact. There wasn't really a room to throw the werewolf across.

Second, he wasn't thrown. He was slowed to a stop while charging, and then simply flipped onto the ground headfirst. As for the method behind this... Imagine a spiritual plane that exists alongside our own, an invisible field of energy that surrounds us. This telekinesis could be described as a movement of energy, and with that, anything in its path. Some energy was spent to push energy against the werewolf, causing it to get nowhere. More energy was spent by sweeping the werewolf's legs, causing it to fall, head-first, to the floor.

Lastly, the power itself. I'm not sure exactly how it was written in the Race Description, but there was plenty of discussion as to how to make this power useful but within reasonable limits. The result was a self-damaging effect, in the form of mental exhaustion. The amount of power used within an amount of time determines the effects on the user. Small and simple uses of power would cause little to no exhaustion of-- Let's call it "Stamina". These small uses (such as carrying a backpack or textbook in the air instead of carrying it) cause very little stamina use, often little enough that the stamina returns after it is used. Moderate uses of power will affect stamina more, and will take at least a few minutes to recover from. Once a decent amount of stamina is used (let's say, around thirty to forty percent) the user will suffer from a headache, until the percentage falls below that point. With more stamina used, this headache will worsen, and the headache overall will last longer. At a critical point (around, eighty percent or so) the headache becomes a migraine, much more painful, as the mind is trying to warn the body that it's being overused. If stamina is fully used (to one hundred percent) the user will then faint. This is a drastic downside, as being unconscious in front of an enemy is pretty much immediate game-over, unless the enemy has, you know, a heart.

The amount of power Solo used in this fight results somewhere between seventy-five and eighty-five percent, and he is currently suffering from a migraine. The teacher tossed him an asprin (headache relieving pills) which should lower the percentage around fifty percent (meaning even after it's used, he'll have a headache for a few minutes.)

I hope this clarified some, because I feel like I've been wrongly targeted for these things too often and it's usually by misunderstanding or misreading.
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:24 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

If I may intervene...the "low, moderate, heavy" use of power is a bunch of vague garbage that can easily be taken advantage of.

If you want to avoid these things, Eve, create a specific system with clear identification for what counts as what. Give him a pool of "power points" and a basic equation for how much gets taken off.

X x Y = Z

X = Pounds lifted

Y = Amount of seconds carrying it

Z = Power Points used

Then, put an upper limit on it. I'd suggest 100, but 300lbs is about the minimum weight for a Werewolf (I mean, look at those things). So, with this method, you could lift a Werewolf for one second, which is just enough to do what you did.
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Hey hoo~

Actually, what Lilizuki's suggesting is pretty interesting, and it might prevent future misunderstandings.
Sisters
Theme
Old January 17th, 2013 (08:43 AM).
King of the Hell

While I agree that it is a smarter way of handling it, it seems like excessive math to be doing for every single time it is used. There are plenty of other factors that'd have to be put into place as well, such has amount of power put into use (because, when Solo uses it while angry, he tends to put more energy into it than necessary, which just means wasted energy). There's also the expanse of the energy (how condensed or spread out the energy field is, or how big it needs to be to carry something of a certain size).

Honestly, it's much easier (and much less confusing) to analyze the situation and determine just how much of it was used. (If overpowering is something that remains an issue despite this, I think there's a problem).

I'm keeping careful track of these things, you know. There was only ever one instance where I believe I actually overpower a character, and that was on purpose. (I.E. Raven the destructive Avain-Human, whose power was more likely to backfire than anything)

And then on the other hand, I've made extra-weak characters (I.E. Kiyoko, who is still a played character to this day.)

It's just, things like this give me the impression that I'm being slandered (or that people seem to think I'm always like that). While I'm not proud that I have an ego, I'm fairly modest about it. It's just that I've had enough slander in real life (Long story short, I got in trouble with my bully, the only bully that actually beat me up, and my mother chose to believe the /bully/ over me. One of those thing's I can't forgive, especially since she decided that I can't be trusted on my word after that.)
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
ooh...Cake!

I never aimed to victimise for my first point (I'm actually an overly nice person who doesn't put up with stuff like that), I simply question the validity of the method which was used. so do not take it to heart. If I had not asked, I would simply be confused and slightly worried that a character being able to use that amount of power would be allowed.

Secondly, flip would be the wrong word for use as it is here where I got confused. To flip something is to lift it and spin in the air. Hence why I was lead to the belief that you had pulled a werewolf, which is pure muscle and mass, up into the air.

I agree with the system with x, Y Z but then again there is one flaw. the werewolf ran ("charged") at solo. now look at it this way, you have 300lbs (using the example before) running at you, a speed youkai, moving at a rate that exceeds a normal human's sprinting speed.

To stop a 130lbs person charging within 0.5 secs which is instantly (which is said in the post) would take 906 newtons of force. That is far above 85 percent of the ability you said was being used.

Now apply that to 300lbs werewolf made from pure muscle (as that's what they are really).

The amount of forced used by the telekinesis and the strain it would put on a brain, doing that alone is enough to make someone have a brain haemorrhage.

Not to mention the other energy was then being used to trip the werewolf and make it topple to the floor.

But I will leave it there.
(sorry my boyfriend was discussing physics with me and wanted me to add )

Probably best anyway to use the X,Y and Z system for the future as pink said

I don't want to offend so don't take it (again) as me singling out someone out. I wasn't :D just wanted a fair standing ground for all characters. ( I will let it lay now and I will not continue on the debate even someone wants me to. again I just wanted a fair standing ground for all and to get my say )

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:06 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

I don't want to read the arguments, PinkSapphire shouldn't have to, and I'm sure nobody wants to write them.

And they will happen.

So, I'm leaving this here. I've accounted for different situations, such as anger and larger fields, as well as all other concerns I could find in your post. It's up to PinkSapphire to decide if it's worth using, but hopefully you find it suitable as well.

Lycans and Power Points
Spoiler:
Lycans have the ability to use telekinetic abilities, such as throwing, lifting, or otherwise manipulating other objects or even people. However, these abilities are straining to the user, requiring that they draw from a mentally-draining pool of power, hereafter referred to as Power Points.

As Lycans grow in power, they gain more Power Points. Lycans begin with 300, but can extend this with age and training. Depending on the weight of the object and time spent manipulating it, the amount of Power Points used can increase of decrease.

In addition, beginning Lycans regenerate Power Points at a rate of 10/hour, or completely after eight hours of rest. If a Lycan spends one hour meditating uninterrupted, its Power Point usage is lowered by its state of mind. If a Lycan attempts to lift more weight than they possibly can (300lbs for a Beginning Lycan), they immediately faint with no effect on the target object.

Equation

X x Y = Z

X = Pounds the target object weights

Y = The amount of time spent manipulating the target object

Z = The amount of Power Points used

Powerpoint Threshold Table for Beginning Lycans
300 Power Points
Normal

250 Power Points
Dizziness

150 Power Points
Dizziness, Nausea

50 Power Points
Dizziness, Nausea, Headache

0 Power Points
Passed Out

General Modifiers
Lycan is Angered
+10 Power Points per use

Lycan is Injured
+5 Power Points per use

Multiple Targets
Multiply the Power Point uses, instead of adding them (Example: A 5lbs book and a 20lbs Chair being lifted for one second would use up 100 Power Points instead of 25.)

Environmental Duress
+2 Power Points per use

Lycan Recently Meditated
-2 Power Points per use

Old January 17th, 2013 (09:08 AM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by Lokiepie.
ooh...Cake!

but most of that as eve said is far to much math for an rp, I agree again I was just worried

but fair enough, if you are keeping track on things it's ok and I will drop the subject now
sorry if you thought I was being mean Eve

*one problem though, I'd give him a smidge more points as if it's weight, and we are already stated a werewolf is at about 300lbs by time, he would have already passed out just so he can survive this *

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

It's some math, but at least it's clear. If I hadn't already been through a similar thing with Eve, I wouldn't have bothered, but this is the second time such a thing has happened when he's using vague mechanics.
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:16 AM).
King of the Hell

@Lokiepie:
>Doesn't want to further discussion
>Furthers discussion

@Lilizuki:
>MATH IS USEFUL FOR SOMETHING
>If you're a math teacher

To be fair, Lili, you had been pretty biased about /destroying/ my character in that RP. Not to mention the fact that Samus was probably just too kick-ass for the characters to be equal to begin with. I was thinking the characters might be more leveled (as they are in Smash Bros., if you exclude SPAMMAknight) but it seemed to be more based on realism, and when that's the case, Power Suit > Everything.
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:19 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Eve, we've been over this before, and I have no intention of re-treading said ground.

If some compromise isn't agreed on, you get your way, while we have to deal with things like this again. Use that system, don't use that system, buy PinkSapphire Cherry Cola until she agrees with you, or figure something else out. d:
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:23 AM).
ooh...Cake!

..didn't discuss.. rounded up... don't be so bitter with your outlook eve, I was replying to lilizuki trying to help out

Quote originally posted by Lilizuki:
buy ... Cherry Cola
and oh man now all I can think about is a drink

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:27 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Thank you~ It'd be easier to just make the Werewolf a few pounds lighter, so I'll assume that instead of editing. :x

My subliminal messaging worked! d:
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
King of the Hell

Eve, we've been over this before, and I have no intention of re-treading said ground.

If some compromise isn't agreed on, you get your way, while we have to deal with things like this again. Use that system, don't use that system, buy PinkSapphire Cherry Cola until she agrees with you, or figure something else out. d:
Neither do I, yet you were the one who mentioned it ._______. (Poker Face)

As I said before, I'm keeping watch over it. With as many fights as he'll get in, he won't win them all (especially against magic users). It all depends on the situation. Fistfights he's more likely to win, but really that's if no powers are used (I'm sure he'd get creamed by a vampire's strength alone)

@Lokiepie: Let's move on... Over drinks?

@Sapph: DON'T WORRY I GOT YOU SOME TOO

Old January 17th, 2013 (09:32 AM). Edited January 17th, 2013 by Lokiepie.
ooh...Cake!

why not Drinks? cool refreshing lil devils. can't do wrong not to mention..Cherry!

My subliminal messaging worked! d:
curse you..

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:51 AM).
King of the Hell

Lilizuki: Is your little vampy girl some kind of flirt? I can't imagine she'll get away with much more than Solo, the only difference being one is fighting and the other is Public Displays of Affection.
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Uhh, no? Fanning herself with something Frio wants is more a gesture of taunting than flirting, essentially telling the person that she has no use for something they want, but possesses it anyway.

But I'm curious about what you meant anyway. Is there a list of School Rules somewhere that I didn't see?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links