The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I'll get the rotating bed. x3

@PinkSapphire: Ooh, can I help?

Succubi Bane
Crow Tengu/Succubi (Because they're pervert races. Which one depends on the orientation of the Succubus)

Mermaid (Because they can pull Succubi into the water to stop their advantage of flight)

Succubi Boon
Mages (They have their own magic, so they have their own resistance to direct magic attacks, but illusions affect the environment, not the target, so Mages don't have resistance against them)

Werewolves (They lack the critical thinking in animal form to realize the illusions aren't there)
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
What would Yasha be strong against? I'm curious. Once they have control of their abilities, which admittedly, is later in life. They should be a trouble spot for some depending on their summons.
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:21 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Why do you have Lycans as strong against mages when they are weak to magical attacks?

Honestly I think this would work better if there was equal footing between all yokai with each race having weaknesses but not being weak to another. For example, with what I said about mages and lycans

1. Lycans are vulnerable to magic.
2. Mages don't have the means of countering the physical strength and speed of Lycans.

It all works out fine without trying to add some sort of Weakness/Resistance system and overcomplicating things.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Snowpeople counter everyone. Why? Let me list it
1. They are absolutely the coolest. The possibilities are high
2. Fire kills people, ice can preserve or protect as well as kill.
3. Ever try punching a glacier? (PS a certain unsinkable boat attempted and failed.)
4. You can't outsmart people if you are shivering .
5. You're body is pretty much mostly water, (chemistry says mostly nothing though...) thus all that has to happen is turn down the heat.
6. Go ahead and try to find something that ice can't fix.
7. Cold days wont slow them down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's look at the cons
1. They gotta suck on some candy.

Man that's bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and don't even think about talkin bout fire foxes, they ain't got **** on this! Little bit of ice and they won't be warm enough for a spark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's look at the other races-
Crow-things: Really? A little ice on the wings and just try flying
Human Leeches: Guess what ice is made of? Good ole Dihydrogen monoxide!
Phycic puppies: You ever seen a dog try and get a piece of ice and it keeps slipping away? Yea, good luck
Muscle puppies: A little icy fur and they'll be running with their tail between their knees
Book-snakes: Cold blood? Let's make it cooler. You'll be reading at a negative ten degree level after a little snowman power.
Fairies: Don't try it
Catnip Addicts: Good luck scratching through ice with you're kitty claws
Aquaman's daughters: Enjoying your nice, warm pool? Well that sucks
Vegas Con artists: Magic? Is that some kind of joke? Let's see you make ice claws disappear from your chest!

So you may be thinking, what is their disadvantage? Why hasn't evolution just made everyone a snowperson?

Well stop thinking, you'll hurt yourself. Snowpeople are kind enough to allow the other races to quarrel amongst themselves. One can only be respectful when in the preasence of one of these powerful, and generous Youkai.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

You need somebody to serve tea and coffee in the Snowperson kingdom! :3
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
@Khawill - Do snow people like being on fire? I don't think they'd survive melting.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
@Khawill - Do snow people like being on fire? I don't think they'd survive melting.
You're petty, barbaric, and rather silly statement has ceased to actually have meaning!!!!!!!!

I think the question is, can fire be set upon snow people in the first place? The answer is no!!!! You see, fire needs a heat source, and then it needs something to start it. Now how can you get close enough to start it? And how could you possibly get warm enough near them for fire?

If that isn't enough, did I not mention what ice is? DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE as in H2O as in WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, I end my argument with more exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Guys please :p i'll decide on the weaknesses list okay? The list I posted a few ago was just an example~

c: …… Lili… can I have tea……? Green tea or strawberry tea…?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
So many words that I'm too lazy to type.

Also, Skymin's gone, so every rule can be broken!

So, uh.. Why is it that Lili and Claire get all the love? Don't others deserve to feel such emotion?

Onto more serious business. The reason Lycans are resistant to Mages is because they have brain power, which would mean a high resistance to spells, and plenty of ways to prevent the Mage from casting any sort of spell.

Solo, on the other hand, doesn't have this resistance at the moment. This is because he doesn't know how to use his powers very well, nor does he know the many abilities he could use with his power. All in all, he needs work. He does well with hand-to-hand though, which is primarily the only reason he's ever won his fights.

As for saying he's stronger than Fairytale, that's untrue. The Commandeer was referring to his stamina/endurance, because every time he's beaten down, he refuses to stay down. He can take many beatings before he's down for the count. His use of powers is what knocked him out each and every time.

Of course, this was also one of his reasons for joining Fairytale, among many others.

So... No comments on that Solo spoiler then?

Old March 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

It's kinda like batman in justice league shows.
He isn't stronger than any of them. Though he can take more punches and energy blasts than any of them. (Seriously, batman can't be human, even in comic superman, and apocalypse have punched and wailed on him just for him to call Alfred for a sarcastic remark)

Frio and Elise are in class early, open to any interaction.

Old March 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Onto more serious business. The reason Lycans are resistant to Mages is because they have brain power, which would mean a high resistance to spells, and plenty of ways to prevent the Mage from casting any sort of spell.
Um...I don't think that makes much sense; the brain power = resistance part. If that were the case. mages would be resistant to other mages, but their not, they just know how to counter magic with magic. I mean, I guess a mage could be more resistant to magic than other species, but if a mage where to be hit dead on by another mage's fire magic, they'd probably be burned to cinders.
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Claire*

I don't really see why we need strengths and weaknesses against certain types. It kind of makes them seem like human pokemon. xP
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Um...I don't think that makes much sense; the brain power = resistance part. If that were the case. mages would be resistant to other mages, but their not, they just know how to counter magic with magic. I mean, I guess a mage could be more resistant to magic than other species, but if a mage where to be hit dead on by another mage's fire magic, they'd probably be burned to cinders.
I'd like to believe that Telekinesis/Psychokinesis is a sort of different form than magic, something that is hard if not impossible to break via spells or sorcery. Put simply, I think Telekinesis energy simply has the advantage over magic energy by power, while magic is far more expanse and can do much more in terms of strategy, if that makes sense.

And yes, it's nice to think of these monsters as 'Human Pokemon'.

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Claire*

In that case, we all know that traps are super effective against all! Mwuahaha. >;3

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I'd like to believe that Telekinesis/Psychokinesis is a sort of different form than magic, something that is hard if not impossible to break via spells or sorcery. Put simply, I think Telekinesis energy simply has the advantage over magic energy by power, while magic is far more expanse and can do much more in terms of strategy, if that makes sense.

And yes, it's nice to think of these monsters as 'Human Pokemon'.
I don't like the idea of just considering magic as general thing, the branches are pretty important. As a mage, you have the ability to bend, conjure, and amplify the elements, as well as various other forces; it seems far too general...or limiting...to consider it a general thing. Not all magic deals with the elements of course, but if you one were able to subdue magic with mental abilities then I think they would also need to be able to subdue the elements (or the effects or severity of the elements) themselves. The only way I couldn't see this being the case is if the psycho were to somehow subdue the mage's source of magic, which varies with the type of mage (in Gavin's case, it's "Aether", a type of energy that exists in Hell).

Having said that, both mages and lycans are known for their incredible brain power, and thus, it would stand to reason that the two forces would create something of a stalemate. It's implied that brain power does indeed play into the power of a mage's spells, and as such it can very much parallel with tele/psycho abilities. Similarly, it's not inconceivable that with that same brain power mages could also wield the same abilities, unless they're unique to Lycans for some reason.

Though really, I'm not gelling this whole "Rock, Paper, Scissors" type way of looking at youkai, it seems too...shallow? Limiting? General?

...I honestly can't figure out which one fits most, but I'd probably say all of them fit the bill.
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire* View Post
In that case, we all know that traps are super effective against all! Mwuahaha. >;3

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P
Is Eva's favorite Star Wars character Admiral Ackbar?

@machomuu: That sounds like a decent idea too.

I think a mage's type of mind-power is more of an intelligence aspect, while a Lycan's is pretty much naturally built resistance and relies more on control than knowledge.

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Can't we all just get along? Every time we argue, a trap doesn't get a hug! D:

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Dusk

Who was arguing?

Either way, I'd rather not make Yaoi (and I doubt machomuu would either) to make up for any argument.

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

I'm this close...THIS CLOSE...to getting some r33+1.

...Okay, obviously you can't see my hands, but it's pretty close.
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
The reason I choosed to use strengths and weaknesses is because I hope the students will go to each to help out in certain battles because their race might be strong against the enemy that's all.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

@Machomuu: Clonazepam? Google mostly shows up with car parts for R33+1. :3
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
That's a very Pokémon-y way to put it, Sapphy. It's pretty clear that youkai are going to have some kind of weakness, such as a snowperson's abilities degrading in heat and vampires being just plain useless in water (so they're screwed on a mermaid's home turf), but you can't rock-paper-scissors it so easily — especially when there's more than three.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Hm...I guess rule 43 backwards is a clearer censor.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Oh. Ohh. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh. Ohhhh. Oh. You mean boobies.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

N-no, that's not it...

...there's more than just boobies...

Sponsored Links