Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 12th, 2013 (06:58 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Quote originally posted by heretostay123:
loins
You keep using that word.

I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old January 12th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
The Hero of Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Lilizuki:

Haha. Sorry. I couldn't resist the urge to post something ridiculous. Do you know the feeling?
Old January 12th, 2013 (07:44 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle

I KNOW THIS QUOTE!!

It's from "The Princess Bride"

A very good movie. Indigo was so cool.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
;; Let's try to get this conversation back to this RP!

Who here thinks there's an impossibility a human could get into Youkai Academy? >.> What school am I going too again? *looks at the flyer*

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

@Nideous: You are correct, Sir.

@ShinyDiamond: That rule always bothered me...I mean, is interaction between the players somehow not considered contributory to the game as a whole? Anyway...

The possibility of a human getting to the academy depends on how the races cross realms. Do Youkai just poof about? Is there a particular ritual for a particular day that could have been accidentally triggered? Are there designated portals between the worlds? That question needs to be answered first.

Besides the merely practical reasons, a human in Youkai world would seem to suffer from persecution. Their presence is dangerous, because it means Fairytale might attack the Academy to get rid of them. Then, there's the fact that humans comitted genocide on multiple species that has likely left some Youkai sore. Plus, they'd have numbers and individual power over the human, so it'll be good fun for them to bully it anyway.

So, practicality is ambiguous, socially dangerous.
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:23 AM).

It's not impossible. One just needs a stapler and some wings. It might hurt for a while, but it would work.
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:44 AM).
Let the Good Times roll!

Nature: Relaxed
@ShinyDiamond: That rule always bothered me...I mean, is interaction between the players somehow not considered contributory to the game as a whole? Anyway...

The possibility of a human getting to the academy depends on how the races cross realms. Do Youkai just poof about? Is there a particular ritual for a particular day that could have been accidentally triggered? Are there designated portals between the worlds? That question needs to be answered first.

Besides the merely practical reasons, a human in Youkai world would seem to suffer from persecution. Their presence is dangerous, because it means Fairytale might attack the Academy to get rid of them. Then, there's the fact that humans comitted genocide on multiple species that has likely left some Youkai sore. Plus, they'd have numbers and individual power over the human, so it'll be good fun for them to bully it anyway.

So, practicality is ambiguous, socially dangerous.
I dunno if it'd be socially dangerous, mostly because I doubt Youkai Academy would accept a human in any case other than that of R+V. I mean, unless they snuck in for some reason, they'd have no reason to be there, really, since one of the major functions of the school is training to coexist with humans. It'd be kinda like going to Duel Academy if you weren't a duelist (which you actually can't do because of the entrance exam).

But, in the very unlikely case that they did for some reason admit a human for any other reason than teaching, I'd agree. In fact, I'd think it'd probably go beyond simply bullying.
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

o.o So, whaat you're saying is, this school has a bunch of monsters? I-I'm sure it's just a school that cosplays... *looks at the flyer again, sweating*

~Dia+PS~
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:04 AM).
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Ally: *Flicks her tail* What's a coss play? Is it tasty?

Seriously, this is gonna be awesome. :3

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:05 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
It's like what Machomuu said.

The headmaster knows when there is a human entering, but won't refuse them since this is an academy to learn to coexist with humans. For the headmaster it's an opportunity to see if humans would accept the truth about the Youkai's.

It kinda dissapoints me to see that there are still people who think I didn't thought about this throughly, while to be honest I spent a lot of time in this ; some people would know.

Nami: *pats ally's head* not sure, I hope it's a new kind of tomato juice.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:11 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

I never said you hadn't thought it through; I did say that you didn't tell us how we move between dimensions. :x

Anyway. Even if the Academy is only to learn how to co-exist with humans, genocide is not something easily forgiven. Or are we meant to ignore this little tidbit: "About a year later it escelated, a war started between the humans and the Youkai's and alot humans and Youkai's died in this war, so far that some Youkai species were eradicated." ?
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Takumi: They don't know what cosplay means? Then... *gulps*

~Dia+PS~
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:37 AM).
Hey hoo~

I never said you hadn't thought it through; I did say that you didn't tell us how we move between dimensions. :x

Anyway. Even if the Academy is only to learn how to co-exist with humans, genocide is not something easily forgiven. Or are we meant to ignore this little tidbit: "About a year later it escelated, a war started between the humans and the Youkai's and alot humans and Youkai's died in this war, so far that some Youkai species were eradicated." ?
Riiiggghhttt ; thats something I did forget, you move thrpugh dimensions…… with a bus and a creepy busdriver :3 i'll insert this in the thread later today

Also, it's your choice if you want to forget it or not. Many did though because it technically was the fault of a few youkai that started killing humans. <-- this matter will be explained in the plot itself in the class "youkai studies"
Sisters
Theme
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
technically was the fault of a few youkai that started killing humans.

I...

Remind me to never go to war with you. O_o"
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:43 AM).
Let the Good Times roll!

I do think there is one thing to note. "Youkai" is a term that means anything that is not "normal". In other words, literally any non-normal animal or plant being, dead or alive, that you can think of (such as a yeti, a spirit, Loch Ness (if it wasn't a dinosaur), a wyrm), any one at all, is a youkai.

The reason I say this is because it is a term that was created by humans to separate themselves from things that "aren't like us", and in that same sense I'd suspect that some youkai would even consider it a derogatory term, as youkai simply call humans..."humans". Because of this, youkai are probably one of the broadest things in existence, and as such, feeling between them are varied on an incredible scale.

So, regarding the genocide, I'd suspect that youkai would feel more apathetic towards the war itself than the actual casualties. Battles between youkai and humans were almost as frequent as battles between humans and humans as well as youkai and youkai, and they usually had different reasons for doing so, but what makes a war significant is that it justifies any reason youkai would have to hate humans, as it solidifies the fact that humans want youkai gone while youkai are just trying to live their lives.

The reason this is significant is because youkai, on the whole, aren't really close if they aren't of the same race, clan, or species. They're not against each other, but usually they only band together if they have similar goals (such as a distaste for humans). As such, youkai species being extinguished isn't all that displeasing to those that didn't have any ties to said species probably wouldn't really care all too much (depending on their personality and their occupation), but it would amplify any feelings they have about humans.

Then there are the reasons many youkai don't like humans. Humans, to many youkai, are greedy, murderous, selfish, careless, ignorant, are quick to act before thinking, and a bounty of other negative things, especially to youkai. And in many cases they are, especially to youkai. This really epitomizes the phrase, "Humans turn their eyes to what they don't understand." Or maybe the phrase, "Humans are scared of what they don't understand," would be more accurate, as they largely do the things they do, to youkai specifically, because they don't understand them and are afraid of them. We don't take the time to understand and make rash decisions based on what we think we know about them.

Granted, this is mostly general information taken from Science-Fiction, Fantasy, and other things, examinations of what I've found to be the case across the literally millions of youkai-related media (historical and otherwise) out there, so this is not necessarily fact in regards to Youkai Academy.
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
The Wise Lesbian

Thank you for explaining that, Macho. I'm not really knowledgeable about any portrayal of Youkai besides what's been written in this thread, and a manga I once read (That did portray Youkai as a sort of species through one particular aspect).

If I may ask a question; is there a way to turn a human into a Youkai?
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
Hey hoo~

Thank you for explaining that, Macho. I'm not really knowledgeable about any portrayal of Youkai besides what's been written in this thread, and a manga I once read (That did portray Youkai as a sort of species through one particular aspect).

If I may ask a question; is there a way to turn a human into a Youkai?
If you read Machomuu's SU on the first page, thats one reason, but this can also happen when a youkai shares his or her blood with a human (mostly vampires do this) <--- this must happen a few times though, and in a vampire's case, the human becomes a ghoul, which is a creature with litterally no brains and hunts down humans to drink, they are very violent.

But there are several other reasons, a human can become a zombie when it dies and can't find piece

Things like that.
Sisters
Theme
Old January 12th, 2013 (12:37 PM).

Ha! Cosplayers? Not even the US government is THAT evil.
Old January 12th, 2013 (12:57 PM).
The Wise Lesbian

If you read Machomuu's SU on the first page, thats one reason, but this can also happen when a youkai shares his or her blood with a human (mostly vampires do this) <--- this must happen a few times though, and in a vampire's case, the human becomes a ghoul, which is a creature with litterally no brains and hunts down humans to drink, they are very violent.

But there are several other reasons, a human can become a zombie when it dies and can't find piece

Things like that.
Thankies~

Those ghouls sound useful monstrous!
Old January 12th, 2013 (06:31 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Thankies~

Those ghouls sound useful monstrous!
Mostrous indeed... it sounds like a it's a stereotypical zombie!

Just one thing to add to DeLaMuerte-

Yasha's can't summon food :3 and Yasha's use several coins not just one.
I know they can't summon food. I just happened to put that in the same sentence... although I see why it would be confusing. And the coin is now a coin bag. How does a Yasha use a coin(s) anyway (i.e, is there a specific gesture?)? Do they use multiple coins to summon something different (i.e, stronger?)? And last but not least, are these coins "used up" once they're used? If so, is there a way to get more?

*pants* too many questions. Sorry. Out of energy cause I ran out of meat. D:

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old January 12th, 2013 (07:40 PM).
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Just a bit of knowledge. Youkai's can smell blood when they snif up-close, & it depends on the aroma. For example, if a Youkai smelled a human, they would smell human bloo- O.o Uh... '':D I like chocolate!

~Dia+PS~
Old January 12th, 2013 (08:06 PM).
The Wise Lesbian

I think the plural of "Youkai" is "Youkai".

Are we mixing OOC and IC now? Is this a thing we're doing?
Old January 12th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Can Youkai detect other Youkai? Also from this thread I have now learned the difference between a Lycan and a Werewolf.... arigato.

Old January 12th, 2013 (08:50 PM).
Let the Good Times roll!

Quote originally posted by ShinyDiamond:
Just a bit of knowledge. Youkai's can smell blood when they snif up-close, & it depends on the aroma. For example, if a Youkai smelled a human, they would smell human bloo- O.o Uh... '':D I like chocolate!
All youkai can do this?...why?
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:32 PM).
The Wise Lesbian

Quote originally posted by dcjboi:
Also from this thread I have now learned the difference between a Lycan and a Werewolf.... arigato.
"Lycan" is short for "Lycanthrope", which means "wolf man" and is synonymous with "Werewolf"; their only difference is the language from which they originate.

Now you've learned something.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)