The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Advertise here
As a society, we tend to obsess over celebrities and their lives. We always want to know what they are doing, what they are wearing, what is going on in their personal lives, etc. This information can be found anywhere. A recent example of this would be Kanye West and Kim Kardashians baby announcement. It made major headlines. Go on twitter and its all about the celebrities on there with the trends and such.

My question is, why do you think this is? Why do you think we as a society need to know everything about a celebrity? Has it gotten to the point where its getting out of hand?

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid
Because they're put on a pedestal of GREATNESS that they don't often times deserve. Like Kim Kardashian. She's famous for having sex with a mediorce R&B artist. Congrats? And then her family gets pooled into it. Weird. That means her family is famous for Kim's sex tape. Isn't that weird?

Anyway though, I personally don't obsess over any celebs. I tend to know what they're up to though, because of Twitter. And I laugh about the silly things and such. btw...Kim and Kanye's child should be named Gucci Dash Swerve West. I'm waiting.

paired to crono
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Tabbuts
Unhatched Egg

Can't help and it's the human nature where when they see or get to know that someone is different than them, they will try become like the other.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbuts View Post
Can't help and it's the human nature where when they see or get to know that someone is different than them, they will try become like the other.
...I can see how this could apply to some people, some celebrities, but I wouldn't say that it's human nature. Look at Lindsay Lohan for starters, people tend to obsess over her and her latest wrongdoings (tbh those people in particular frustrate the living **** out of me, there's nothing about her to worship) and only some severely misguided people say that they want to be like her.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here