The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive


A young man stands in his bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 13th of April, is this young man's birthday. On this day, he and his three best friends will start playing the game SBURB, which will bring the apocalypse to Earth and force the kids to grow up and meet aliens, alternate selves and time traveling horrors. Also, they will all get really rad hoods and pajama. Welcome to the new extreme.

This is the fanclub for the PC members who follow the webcomic/phenomena that is Homestuck by Andrew Hussie, to talk, daydream and discuss the plot that is thickening every day. Homestuck consists of silly gifs, long dialogue, lots of time shenanigans as well as breathtaking flash animations and music. But if you are here, you probably know that already.

RULES:

==>
Respect the opinions of others, even if they differ from your own. Always be polite and kind in this club.

==> Always put things related to the last update date, in spoilers!

==> If the current topic seems old or has been answered by most already, you are free to make up a new. You are also allowed to chitchat, but stay on the topic of MS Paint Adventures-related stuff.

==> When you have proved to be an active member, you might be rewarded with the club emblem!

SIGN-UP SHEET:

==>
Your own chumhandle:
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer:
==> How far have you read:
==> Answer current topic:
[/LEFT]
PROSPIT DREAMERLIST:



DERSE DREAMERLIST:


CURRENT TOPIC:
==>
Put stuff related to the latest update in spoilers, please! At least on the update day, in case someone storms in and has forgotten to check the update first.

FEATURED HOMESTUCK PANEL THINGY:
==>
http://www.paradoxspace.com/


__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure


Last edited by Adventure; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
we're fantastic
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
==> Username: Antemortem
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: Admittedly only about 4500+ and I'm super ashamed especially with how much I say I love it. I still do, though I've not caught up yet and am o m g slow at it. Don't hurt me. ;; I do a lot of research (mainly spoilers, oops) on characters so I know some thingsss.
==> Answer current topic: My favorite about Homestuck is the childishness of the atmosphere that it conveys while also tucking in adult themes often enough that it stays enjoyable without becoming cheesy or tiring. It's also funny as hell.
__________________
I'M WEARING AN AVATAR OF ALL THE HOENN POKEMON
EVERY DAY FOR... HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ME TO WEAR
EVERY SINGLE HOENN POKEMON. pls feel free to drop avatar
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team

Last edited by Antemortem; January 4th, 2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: omg thought it said favorite prospit/derse dreamer
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Drew's Avatar
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
==> Username: Drew
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit
==> How far have you read: Current and some fan adventures
==> Answer current topic: I think it's easier to answer what I don't like about Homestuck, which is roughly nothing, besides the fact that some times certain characters creep me out. I'm part of the fandom via Tumblr, Facebook, and at cosplay conventions. Been caught up for over a year now, and I really like most things about the comic. I love the characters, and the complexity of the game, and how Hussie tends to rely on humor, but one twist can turn it so it's actually really dramatic depending on how you handle it. Gives room for a lot of fandom discussions, and theories, etc. :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Limanya's Avatar
Limanya
Page of Breath
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: alterniia. are you bliind or 2omethiing?
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Nature: Docile
Username: Limanya
Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
How far have you read: Completely up to date!
Answer current topic: Well it impresses me how long this thing already is going on. Seriously, so many pages and Hussie hasn't given up yet?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Ink Heart's Avatar
Ink Heart
Project X c;
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
==> Username: Ink Heart
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: Dancestors or something with Dirk? I've been procrastinating lately. xD
==> Answer current topic: The trolls, the music, the weird yet interesting yet funny storyline and stuff. Plus the fact that Hussie's been working on this for so long. SO MANY PAGES.
__________________
Do you know how much it HURTS?
Forever knowing that YOU'RE the one...
To PROTEST, DETEST, and FORGET me
EGC | FF | Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
==> Username: Antemortem
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: Admittedly only about 4500+ and I'm super ashamed especially with how much I say I love it. I still do, though I've not caught up yet and am o m g slow at it. Don't hurt me. ;; I do a lot of research (mainly spoilers, oops) on characters so I know some thingsss.
==> Answer current topic: My favorite about Homestuck is the childishness of the atmosphere that it conveys while also tucking in adult themes often enough that it stays enjoyable without becoming cheesy or tiring. It's also funny as hell.
Added! Welcome!

I don't even know how many pages the comic consists of as of now. 5000+? Are you still in Act 5? I hope you're ok with us talking about dancestors and alpha kids, otherwise you'll have to let us know and we'll use spoilers for that :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
==> Username: Drew
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit
==> How far have you read: Current and some fan adventures
==> Answer current topic: I think it's easier to answer what I don't like about Homestuck, which is roughly nothing, besides the fact that some times certain characters creep me out. I'm part of the fandom via Tumblr, Facebook, and at cosplay conventions. Been caught up for over a year now, and I really like most things about the comic. I love the characters, and the complexity of the game, and how Hussie tends to rely on humor, but one twist can turn it so it's actually really dramatic depending on how you handle it. Gives room for a lot of fandom discussions, and theories, etc. :3
Oh, you're using this account again. Neat :3 Welcome!
I agree, it's so complex that sometimes I wonder if Hussie is high on a new kind of drug when he's writing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limanya View Post
Username: Limanya
Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
How far have you read: Completely up to date!
Answer current topic: Well it impresses me how long this thing already is going on. Seriously, so many pages and Hussie hasn't given up yet?!
Welcome to the club!
I actually think he's planned out the ending now. And what's up with Gamzee's business?? I wonder if he really planned all his shenanigans out from the start or just came up with it recently O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Heart View Post
==> Username: Ink Heart
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: Dancestors or something with Dirk? I've been procrastinating lately. xD
==> Answer current topic: The trolls, the music, the weird yet interesting yet funny storyline and stuff. Plus the fact that Hussie's been working on this for so long. SO MANY PAGES.
Welcome!
I too love the music. I hang around the bandcamp and listen to the official music as well as fanmade music very often.


I think the Derse moon is overweight btw xD Not that it matters~
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure


Last edited by Adventure; January 5th, 2013 at 03:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
==> Username: Lt. Col. Fantastic
==> Prospit or Derse Dreamer: The quiz told me I was Derse..so..Derse.
==> How far have you read: I am up to date at this moment.

Spoiler:
Last update was Jane ripping her poster because it reminded her of Jake.


==> What do you like most about homestuck: I love how big the world is. It's always fun to have over thirty characters with their own pesronalities.
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
==> Username: Lt. Col. Fantastic
==> Prospit or Derse Dreamer: The quiz told me I was Derse..so..Derse.
==> How far have you read: I am up to date at this moment.

Spoiler:
Last update was Jane ripping her poster because it reminded her of Jake.


==> What do you like most about homestuck: I love how big the world is. It's always fun to have over thirty characters with their own pesronalities.
Yeah, he really made over 40 characters with their own distinct histories and personalities. That's rather remarkable, I agree.

I added you ;3 I'm contemplating a change to Prospit just to not let Drew be alone xD I just always thought it seemed more cool to be a Derse dreamer. You could run around and wreaking havoc for the agents prematurely and stuff. And stare out into the abyss, maybe communicate some with creepy horrorterrors. Instead of looking into foretelling clouds. Then again, Prospit looks so beautiful...
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Antemortem's Avatar
Antemortem
we're fantastic
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Are you still in Act 5? I hope you're ok with us talking about dancestors and alpha kids, otherwise you'll have to let us know and we'll use spoilers for that :3
Yes, and no problem! XD; Don't let me spoil everyone's discussion fun~~ :3
__________________
I'M WEARING AN AVATAR OF ALL THE HOENN POKEMON
EVERY DAY FOR... HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ME TO WEAR
EVERY SINGLE HOENN POKEMON. pls feel free to drop avatar
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mr. Mammoth's Avatar
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever there is ice
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
==> Username: Mr. Mammoth

==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit. Because shiny future-clouds and sunlight are just teh BAWS.

==> How far have you read: I'm up to date so far, and I've read some fanstories if that counts.

==> Answer current topic: Oh geez, what do I like most about Homestuck? Umm... That it's an anime?

Okay, seriously though. For me, it's the characters and the humor that makes Homestuck such a wonderful experience and also the fact that Hussie is able to set the mood quite well depending on the situation. I just love to sit and chuckle at Dave's and Tavros' rap-battle, or Karkat just shouting at everybody about... Well, whatever. Equius proclaiming how STRONG he is, or just seeing how the Major runs his business as, a Major. It's all just so, MAGICAL. Oh, and I also love Homestuck for spawning maybe one of the best webcomics of our time besides itself: Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Oh yeah, and then we have the music which is just FFFGGGGGNNNNNNHHHHGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAmazing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
It's totally the best anime. I added you! and switched to the Prospit camp hehe

I haven't read many fanstories. I guess I don't find them as interesting as the real thing :p I did read one where Kanaya was a high school student, but I didn't get very far.
Would you guys have any good fanstories to recommend?


How about this: we put plot-related things from Act 6 in spoilers, but characters are ok to discuss (like alpha kids and dancestors). Everything up to Cascade is pretty much common knowledge among anyone in the fanbase now, I should guess. Or we'll make it so in this club xD Have to draw the line somewhere.
Spoiler:
While theories about the ring and jujus and sprites and Lord English etc. should be in spoilers.


SO about these last updates...
Spoiler:
Omg Lil Cal is more important than I thought O.o What did Gamzee do with the doll on Derse? Was it in the future and he was about to give it to someone there or what?

Also, the rabbit balancing on an orb when Caliborn talked - does that mean that Liv Tyler/Lil Sebastian is/was Caliborn's old juju? Or Calliope's perhaps? I guess we'll see about the latter when Jane creates her item in the next update though..!
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure


Last edited by Adventure; January 6th, 2013 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Mr. Mammoth's Avatar
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever there is ice
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Yeah, I've read the one with High School Kanaya as well. Though I haven't read all of it. There is actually a Ke$haStuck story of all things which seems to be... Interesting with lack of a better word.

Yes, about the last update:
Spoiler:
Well, Lil Cal was with Gamzee in the picture where Hussie said "Now back to the most important character of Homestuck" or something like that. What I think Gamzee is doing with the puppet is that he's giving him to the guys on Derse and they initiate the creation of Doc Scratch (who was made with the MEOW-text and Lil Cal, I believe) whose body Caliborn will later inhabit as Lord English. And since he is a Lord of Time, but can only get instinctive feelings of the future, I guess that is why he feels so "heartfelt" about the puppet because he can feel that the aforementioned is going to happen.

As for Liv Tyler/Lil Seb, I'm pretty sure that's Caliborn's juju if anything. Because I think he said that he couldn't find his sister's, since she'd presumably given it away to someone else already. Now if Jake could hurry up and remember the damn code for it, we can finally find out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mammoth View Post
Yeah, I've read the one with High School Kanaya as well. Though I haven't read all of it. There is actually a Ke$haStuck story of all things which seems to be... Interesting with lack of a better word.

Yes, about the last update:
Spoiler:
Well, Lil Cal was with Gamzee in the picture where Hussie said "Now back to the most important character of Homestuck" or something like that. What I think Gamzee is doing with the puppet is that he's giving him to the guys on Derse and they initiate the creation of Doc Scratch (who was made with the MEOW-text and Lil Cal, I believe) whose body Caliborn will later inhabit as Lord English. And since he is a Lord of Time, but can only get instinctive feelings of the future, I guess that is why he feels so "heartfelt" about the puppet because he can feel that the aforementioned is going to happen.

As for Liv Tyler/Lil Seb, I'm pretty sure that's Caliborn's juju if anything. Because I think he said that he couldn't find his sister's, since she'd presumably given it away to someone else already. Now if Jake could hurry up and remember the damn code for it, we can finally find out.
Ke$haStuck? xD Sounds interesting indeed. I kind of would prefer to find a fanadventure with original characters though. But all of those I've found seem to be about trolls... Why do people love trolls so much? I think the humans are much more interesting.

Update-plot-talk
Spoiler:
Aaah right! Yeah, I've figured that much out, that Doc Scratch is made from Lil Cal and the MEOW code. So that's how the doll is important :3

Oh, right. And in the last update, we got to know why she didn't have it in her possession. Because she had already given it away to Jane in the future :D And yeah, but does that mean that Jane will get both jujus? Sh*t just got bad*ss.
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Cid's Avatar
Cid
Find your niche.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beneath the sky.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
==> Username: Cid
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit. Hussie says Prospitians are inherently introverts (or that's how I interpreted it, haha) so I suppose I fit in that description. :p
==> How far have you read: I'm up to date! I only got into the fandom last year out of sheer curiosity, and I'm glad I did. It's got one of the best fandoms imo; fitting for a great webcomic in the first place. <3
==> Answer current topic: No, because I've never read any Homestuck fanfiction, unfortunately. u_u Ke$haStuck and High School Kanaya sound like interesting reads, haha. Might check them out soon, just so I could get a piece of that Homestuck fanfic action. Also I agree! I like the humans way more than the trolls, and it's odd that the fandom seems to cater to the trolls so much with the work that they produce. The trolls are pretty cool in their own right, but I only really like a handful of them, so. :\


Regarding the recent update:
Spoiler:
I can't wait to see the jujus. I have a feeling it's gonna be related to the pistol shifting cane that Lord English used back in that one intermission. I can't really remember which, but his cane turned into a pistol, right? It matches the dual nature of this juju. Maybe it's the combined form? Or just that it's related to the cherubs' jujus or something. :p

Also don't alchemiters just create a carbon copy of the thing captured by the code? So that doesn't really explain Calliope's lack of juju. :\ Also Jane will probably get both jujus in the end. So I'm really excited. :3

Regarding which to put in spoilers, I think that's a good plan. (b'')b But personally I think the main thing we have to put in spoilers is character deaths. Everything else wouldn't make much sense to the ignorant anyway. Or at least I think so, haha.

Also guys I saw you talking about the god tier title test in Tumblr back in the old Homestuck fanclub.
Is it this one? It's just that you never linked it there, so I was left wondering. :p
__________________

Last edited by Cid; January 6th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
[font="Courier New"]==> Username: Cid
Adding you! Introverts, you say? Perhaps :3 I didn't think John seemed very introvert though. Just a bit odd xD

It's not so much fanfiction as real Homestuck-copies actually. People do their own art, sometimes Hussie-style, and post on the official forums to let the readers choose what happens next. Just like Hussie did in the beginning with Homestuck. Here are some stuff which I think would be perfectly fine to post here since it's very relevant and on-topic.

I wrote something here but now I've changed my mind and write something else xD Trolls are interesting when I really think about it, partly for having different blood colors and castes and partly for different psychic powers being pretty normal there so possibilities are many when making up characters. Plus, all the quadrants. ALL OF THEM.

JUJUtalk
Spoiler:
The pistol might be his juju! But Calliope was always so secretive about hers so it makes me think that we haven't seen Caliborn's juju together with him yet.

I think that all the things that the ectobiologybabies got sent from John's lab with are jujus. Cal, Maplehoof, the rabbit, the book... About that "there can only be one", it's fine regarding the rabbit and book (John's book, Sassacre's whatever, you know) because one would eventually become the other. John's book would become the old book that lay in Dad's safe and Rose's rabbit would become Jade's rabbit. Or if it was the other way around.

Maybe baby-Grandpa's pistols weren't jujus though. They didn't show up anywhere else, did they? Unless one of those guns somehow turned into Doc Scratch's gun 8D /theorytiem~ But the hat that baby-Nanna got is certainly one.



The test you linked to is the "advanced" one, yes. Here is the simpler one.
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Cid's Avatar
Cid
Find your niche.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beneath the sky.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Well I'm not really sure if introvert's the right word for it, haha. I'm sure the Dersites are pretty outspoken, though! Like Dave and Roxy are generally chatty, and Rose and Dirk are pretty smartassy. :p Sure John, Jade and Jake have their fair share of ramblings, but they're generally a lot less prone to talking than the Dersites, imo. Jane is just cute. <3 And besides, we only see them talking to their really close buddies they met in the Internet. Like look at how Jade dealt with the trolls at first, and compare that with how Dave dealt with Terezi. Oh and Kanaya being a Prospitian contrary to Rose being a Dersite is what I generally look at when seeing what defines each. :3

I'm ashamed to say that I've never made an MSPA Forums account. I just lurk that place for the Let's Read Homestuck CoLab thread from their YouTube channel, so I'm really not as involved with the fandom as I'd like to be. XD; Buuut the adventures thing sounds really interesting! I might try reading some.

Ah I get what you mean. But character-wise I just don't find myself favoring trolls over the humans, so I stick to what I said. u_u Troll culture is really interesting, weird, indulging, surprisingly consistent and most of all, fun, but as for my opinion on the specific trolls that are introduced, they're okay. A couple of them stand out, but the others are just meh. That's saying something, because I love all eight kids a lot, haha. About that, the quadrants just always remind me of the long explanation that Hussie gave us that I bothered to read out of sheer boredom (and curiosity, I suppose) so ugh. Still, I like how it explains their relationships and pairings. And I sort of like that about Nepeta, too, because she's really cute when she does the whole shipping thing. :]

More JUJUtalk
Spoiler:
Ah yeah. I'm still racking my brain really for what Calliope's juju could possibly be. @_@

I agree! I think those childhood items that got sent with each baby are jujus. Although the "there can only be one thing" confuses me, to be honest. I've never quite seen how paradox space handles jujus produced from the alchemiter, or at least I can't remember a specific instance of it happening. So what would happen with Jane's actions in the recent update? ._.

Also what makes a juju a juju? I think Jake's pistols can still be considered jujus. I mean does it really have to show up elsewhere? Or maybe if that's really required, then couldn't Hussie just make it appear later on in the comic? :3 But yeah Jane's hat is probably a juju more so than Jake's pistols.

Ah I've taken that, too. I remember I got Page of Space for that simple one and then Mage of Void for the in-depth one. I think Mage of Void captures me more, though, so I consider that much more accurate. B)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Hmm. In that case, I should maybe be a Derse dreamer after all xD If the trolls would contact me, I'd be like Terezi on them and try to make them do things, or I'd try to talk to as many of them as possible.

I made an account but I don't really go there. Maybe have made some post somewhere but can't completely remember.

We can all have our own opinions ^^ I used to debate with myself if I liked Terezi or Vriska the most and now I think that Terezi has won me over. Mostly because she turned pretty sane later on, while Vriska just... was Vriska. I also love Meenah, for some reason I can't really explain. The quadrants make their interaction more interesting, yeah ^^

even more Jujutheory
Spoiler:
Hm, let's examine Lil Cal's history just because I feel thinky today. It originated as Bro's doll (from what we know today) and followed Dave into the B1 session. Then when Bec Noir killed Dave on LOFAF, he took Lil Cal as a trophy. Then after he arrived in session A2, he threw Lil Cal at an Aradiabot to ensnare her, but she teleported into the path of a meteor going through a skaian gate and then crashlanded on Alternia where past-Aradia found Lil Cal. Kanaya stitched him back up and gave him the green suit. On the meteor, Gamzee took possession of the doll and then brought it with him to Caliborn in the end.

But somewhere in the middle, Dave woke up on Derse and dreamed that Cal was there, so Lil Cal in Derse pajama manifested as Lil Cal's dreamself there xD And this Cal fell out the window but landed on Bro's flying skateboard and ended up in the ectobiology lab where it followed Dirk to the B2 universe. But the old Lil Cal still existed so it was necessary for Derse Cal to be destroyed, or terrible things would happen to Dirk or somethingsomething.

Or maybe it still exists and just lies on the bottom of the ocean, in Dave's old city...


Regarding alchemizing, I think stuff you alchemize is as real as the real thing. So perhaps Calliope had already destroyed her juju after she sent Jane the code or something.

I'm not sure what makes a juju a juju. Maybe we'll get to know more later xD Calliope explained at some point, I think. Is the word and the thing something that Hussie invented himself?


Maybe I should do the advanced test then, since people seem to think that result fits them better ^^ I was a Mage of Light or maybe it was Hope, when I took the light test.
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Drew's Avatar
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Omg Meenah. I went through such a phase when Meenah when she was in the series more, I really liked her, and that's toned now a bit now because she hasn't been around in a while, but yeah. She was really cool to me for a bit. I really like Vriska too, but my favorite troll is Sollux.

I'm on the MSPA forums, but I made the account when I was real new to the series, and I never use it. I prefer other forms of the fandom.

As for the title / aspect tests, there are two huge ones going around right now. They're both complex. One is the original huge one with three parts, I was Prince of Blood on that one. The other is also complex, but its newer and still being worked on.. that was Prince of Hope, for me. -w- If I can find a link to the second one, I wanna hand it to some of you, it's a neat test.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
I'd be happy to take that new test :3 Seems you're truly a Prince, then ^^

btw, have you guys seen this? It's a highly interesting read, I think. Especially the very last chapters, about the lore. Totally not canon though, since they have invented new aspects and roles and changed the plot and mechanics around a bit in some places. http://archiveofourown.org/works/340777/chapters/551606
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
I took the long title test on ThePageofHope or whatever it was called. I got A tie between Bard of Heart and Mind.

I just now took the shorter one...and I got....Page of Time?

Thats quite a jump.

Spoiler:
I think the jujus are going to be something we haven't even seen yet. At least Callipoe's...
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
I took the deep quiz and I'm a Page of Doom O.o Quite ominous. Helpless in the beginning and then devastating xD Never quite liked the doom aspect, because I don't really understand it. At least I'd be hawt in le briefs.

Act 5 Act 1
Spoiler:
Maybe Sollux was doom-y because he killed his matesprit? And because he heard voices of the doomed and knew that he was going to become blind and that Alternia would die and whatnot. But that might have been because he was a Mage too.


Also, stumbled upon this. Only in spoilers because of size.
Spoiler:
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure


Last edited by Adventure; January 7th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Spoiler:
I think Sollux was doom-y just because Skaia. Doesn't it preset the classes and aspects for each player even before the universe begins? I think the visions and voices were an effect of the Doom aspect, not a cause.

I also do not understand the doom aspect really. Or the mage class for that matter. I think maybe the mage is like a seer, only they hear things? Instead of seeing them? I dunno.

Doom is probably only useful in the seer classes...not really sure how doom could be a weapon or utility otherwise. Maybe by giving others visions of doom, you could lower their morale? But that seems like a pretty weak power considering the other aspect weapons. Space, Time, Light, Breath, and even Hope are awesome weapons. Assuming the science wand was actually hope as a weapon, like Eridan supposedly could use.



Oh wow, how annoying is it that my whole post is in spoilers? It's probably okay without them, mainly talk of aspecific class and aspect, but has some spoilers for the end of act five act two so I put it there anyway.
__________________


Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Urugamosu's Avatar
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
==> Username: Urugamosu
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: I'd like to think that I'm a Prospit dreamer.
==> How far have you read: I'm up to date, I've read things and seen stuff that I will never unsee, like certain numbers and phrases, goodness this is so good.
==> Answer current topic: Well I've read Heinoustuck and Ke$hastuck, they're pretty cool, I'm still reading through heinoustuck, epic so far.
__________________

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Cid's Avatar
Cid
Find your niche.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beneath the sky.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Welcome, Urugamosu! :D

Guys I think I found what Drew was talking about with the other newer aspect or title test, but I'm not sure if I should link it now because it's undergoing major changes that the creator's fixing (like bias towards a specific title / aspect due to a faulty online personality test, etc.) but yeah the original one's still available and ready to take. Do you guys want a link?

Took that test and got Prince of Blood. Which is something I did not expect at all. ._.
So what am I now, really? Page of Space? Mage of Void? Or Prince of Blood? lmao

Also get that dirty pic in spoilers away from this thread, Red. Hahaha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Adventure's Avatar
Adventure
all of time & space
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post

I also do not understand the doom aspect really. Or the mage class for that matter. I think maybe the mage is like a seer, only they hear things? Instead of seeing them? I dunno.

Doom is probably only useful in the seer classes...not really sure how doom could be a weapon or utility otherwise. Maybe by giving others visions of doom, you could lower their morale? But that seems like a pretty weak power considering the other aspect weapons. Space, Time, Light, Breath, and even Hope are awesome weapons. Assuming the science wand was actually hope as a weapon, like Eridan supposedly could use.
Don't think we need to spoiler class/aspect stuff ;) It's so interesting that everyone should take part in it if they want! Prepare for wall of text... Uh, I think I'll spoiler it just because it's a long post otherwise.

Just long text on theories around aspects/classes
Spoiler:
I think, like Heroes of Time have an understanding of Time as Rose and Dave put it, Heroes of Doom probably have an understanding of Doom that others haven't. Perhaps it'll manifest itself as visions or voices of the "imminently deceased". Lemme formulate theories here. I love doing that since I'm currently in the process of remaking Checkmate to be interesting and more simple even for people who haven't read Homestuck.

A Seer is mainly a coordinator and thinker. A Seer of Doom could probably figure out how to best avoid doom for their teammates and how to bring it to their enemies. A Knight of Doom would use Doom as a weapon to defend his allies and fight his enemies, maybe by fighting in a style that's unusually apocalyptic or dramatic? A Thief of Doom would steal Doom from somewhere and use it for him/herself. Probably not to doom him/herself but rather to bring doom to their enemies. Aspects are not so much about literal powers as they are about what will happen when you fight or act in SBURB. While classes state when and how and on whom you should use your powers. I think many fan-explanations think like this at least.

Also, Mage is in many places online believed to be a class where the person does a lot of inexplicable or unexpected stuff or being very cryptic. Some fan-theories think the class is given to match the person, others think it's given to be the opposite of what the person is, to make them grow. So if they are usually very straightforward and don't like mysteries at all (like Sollux, lol) they can become Mages in SBURB and have to learn how to be weird, sort of. Like selfish/careless people might end up being Rogues (though Nepeta wasn't really selfish, hmm) and have to assist their teammates a lot.


Act 5 mostly
Spoiler:
Sollux did weird stuff like magic with his eyes and had an incredible number of dreamselves and I dontevenknowwhat he is now, half-dead? Sure, his eye magic was due to his psionic powers and his double dreamselves were due to his sign as gemini, but maybe they were because of his Mage class since classes are decided long before they enter the game, probably? ;)


/long theorytext over 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugamosu View Post
==> Username: Urugamosu
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: I'd like to think that I'm a Prospit dreamer.
==> How far have you read: I'm up to date, I've read things and seen stuff that I will never unsee, like certain numbers and phrases, goodness this is so good.
==> Answer current topic: Well I've read Heinoustuck and Ke$hastuck, they're pretty cool, I'm still reading through heinoustuck, epic so far.
Adding you. Welcome to the club! I know, right? I wonder how much Hussie did plan ahead and still do, and what he randomly came up with as he went along.

I came to this pic in Heinoustuck and then I thought ;; and ;_______;
Spoiler:


Unless you mean something else xD



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
Guys I think I found what Drew was talking about with the other newer aspect or title test, but I'm not sure if I should link it now because it's undergoing major changes that the creator's fixing (like bias towards a specific title / aspect due to a faulty online personality test, etc.) but yeah the original one's still available and ready to take. Do you guys want a link?

Took that test and got Prince of Blood. Which is something I did not expect at all. ._.
So what am I now, really? Page of Space? Mage of Void? Or Prince of Blood? lmao

Also get that dirty pic in spoilers away from this thread, Red. Hahaha.
I want a link for the old one, please :3 I think I'll do the other test again and see if I'm still a Page of Doom xD Though from the personality explanations of the aspect and class they give, I guess it does fit me... Not sure I like that fact xD

Maybe you'll end up in the Glitch FAQ's Replay Value-verse and can be all of them in different sessions ;)

tehe. I did spoil it, yo



Anyways. Since everybody's doing tests and stuff now, let's make the main topic relate to that:

Regardless of what you get in tests, What is your favorite Aspect and Class?
__________________

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.