The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:34 AM
RandomMudkip
Class on grass
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
I've only played Mystery Dungeon explorers of Darkness so here's my input. Ehem,

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

I cried my butt of that day. When grovyle steals the time gears, but did that to save the world was the most admirable thing I've seen in a Pokémon game. Grovyle used to be meh... But know he's one of my favorite Pokémon because I could relate to what he was doing. Then the sacrificing, and me (Totodile) leaving (Chikorita) alone really got me.

But I was all happy when I came back.

Best spinoff ever.
Old August 29th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Aamelo
Reality Bender.

Nature: Quiet
Have to say that the Mystery Dungeon series was the first game that ever made me get emotional and yes, its probably my favorite Pokémon game of all, enjoyable and emotional. The ending really hit me to the point of having water formed in my eyes almost falling down, it was not a straight cry that day, but still hit me very emotional.

I have recently re-watched the ending on youtube with my girlfriend, got to admit, in that one I cried, probably because I had more feelings mixed in the process.
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Kalex54

Nature: Timid
Well, considering the PMD series is my favorite thing I got to say that even though I had to watch the ending on youtube because my game broke or something the most emotional is "PMD EoS" it has great storyline and sad ending in my opinion it will ALWAYS be the best , plus just go on youtube and watch videos of "PMD"(especially explorers of) in wich they put loads of fan art of every part of the game with Japanese music that is emotional....I even cry watching those in the end scene....
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
PokemonCollector-N
Pokemon Collector

Nature: Naughty
I got really emotional nearing the end of PMD: Gates to Infinity. It was just so sad. D': Blue Rescue Team, too. So much of the feels.

"What if Canada was real?"

Magikarp? More like Magiking.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
The storylines in the MD games are amazing

The final special episode in Sky was just perfect and really struck me emotionally
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sérene
(Now Hibicakes)

Nature: Modest
When I saw this topic, I mentally screamed yes! D':

I honestly can't remember my detailed reactions from Blue to Sky, but I do remember that each storyline never failed to make me tear. Grovyle was my favorite Pokémon design throughout those times and seeing him in the later games as a main character excited me so much, but then he had the sad story with so much bravery. I cried for his sacrifice, but also realized how much of a great heart-tugging story it was.

And I cried for much too long at the ending of Gates to Infinity. I'm afraid of spoiling things, so just... that ending! And the ending after the ending! I was shattered seeing the partner crumble with what happened, but relieved at the very end. Likewise with many opinions, the stories have always been amazing.
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Lazer
Geek in the Pink

Nature: Sassy
Yes, I was so sad especially at the end of the main story line in Sky.
Blue Rescue still gives me tingles when I play it. The games are so much deeper than the main series.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

oh yes yes. especitally at the end of pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of darkness. I cried so bad that.....that I had to not watch the ending lol. ......thiniking of it is making me feel like crying as we speak...
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky was one of the first games to make me cry and i am not joking,grovyle's sacrifice coupled with one of the saddest tracks on any pokemon game made tears come out of my eyes
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM
SoulRoach
Hoenn Fanboy

Nature: Calm
I shed man tears, as the events really where a hit in the feels.I have to say that the stories to the spin off games, are actually better than the story in the main games.
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulRoach View Post
I shed man tears, as the events really where a hit in the feels.I have to say that the stories to the spin off games, are actually better than the story in the main games.
The main games don't even really have a story Dx
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
VIIIAxel

Every single time I play... Especially in the Explorers trilogy. Learning the truth about Grovyle, and then the ending itself always gets me. I've never cried or anything, but I get incredibly attached to those characters. I can't help but get emotional...
Old October 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Relaxed
The first Mystery Dungeon game I played was Explorers of Time, and man, was I hooked! I never wanted to stop playing it. I remember when I finally defeated Dialga (which took 12,789,374 years) and seeing the whole sequence where you disappear. I remember when they talked about your character disappearing, I didn't take it seriously. I thought "When you beat the game, you're probably just going to stop that from happening, right? You won't REALLY disappear... right?" Even though I knew they'd probably bring me back later, that moment was still poignant to me. I'm planning on playing Explorers of Darkness over winter break. I can't wait to experience that all over again.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo

Last edited by AkameTheBulbasaur; October 20th, 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I have more to say.
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
Guilty :3 yes, especially the first PMD games (Red/Blue) and Sky definitely made me cry the first few times whaha, the story is just too touching and sad, I really like the ending music in PMD Red/Blue when you defeated Rayqyaza and destroyed the meteorite, when you dissappear into the light ball in the sky. The first time I ever played this I was like; "Noooo I don't want to leave! I want to return to the Pokemon World, is it over now? :'(", but then the sentence came up with: ...If you really want to return... blabla I was thrilled xD YES! I can return and rest my final days living as a Pokemon :3

Signature and Avatar made by: © She_Delphox
Friend Safari: Electric | Pikachu / Electrode / Luxio

Old October 31st, 2013, 06:48 PM
jazzykurl

Nature: Quirky
Well, I barley cry fullstop, but I was super close.
Especially at the cutscenes after the credits, poor Spark :~:

this didn't really help
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:10 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Explorers of Sky made me shoot some tears,
especially the part where they
Spoiler:
ban them out of the guild and hunt them down

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT PLAY IT YET!

But, well, it was a really great story, and I was all sucked into it xD
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Batty

I tested up a tiny bit at the ending of Red Rescue Team. I was 12 years old.

Explorers of Time made me cry full on at age 18.

Never cried at any other game.
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Prof. Apollo / Shadow Boss Erebus

At the end of Explorers of Darkness, I actually cried. It was so sad. And the music as well. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye has to be one of the most heart-wrenching tracks in Pokémon history.
Old November 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Sarcastasaurus

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've cried at some point in all the MD games I've played! The Mystery Dungeon games are probably my favourite games in the franchise and the emotions that they evoke probably has something to do with that.
Old November 10th, 2013, 10:22 AM
TrinityLovesPokemon
TrinityLovesPokemon

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to TrinityLovesPokemon
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky I cried. At the end when your character and your partner are being separated, I cried so hard. I was at my friends house when this happened, and she was all like "What's wrong with you?" Omg I cried for like five minutes. Isn't it weird how connected us trainers can get to our Pokémon? Just imagine what it would be like irl. But yes, I've cried multiple times from the Mystery Dungeon games.
And suddenly I see that I can't break free, I'm
Slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity;
With nothing but my hate and the paralyzing agony
To tell me who I am, who I was; Uncertainty
Enveloping my mind till I can't break free; And
Maybe it's a dream, maybe nothing else is real
But it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel
So I'm tired of all this pain, of the misery inside
And I wish that I could live feeling nothing but the night.
Old November 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
goldenarticuno

Whilst I never physically cried I remember going through parts of just feeling really sad. I played Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon twice and there were parts during which I felt really inspired to fix the wrongs that had occurred in the storyline.

One of those times, my family and I were going somewhere and I couldn't keep playing past one particularly sad part and the whole time until I got my DS back, I was just in semi-awe and silence wondering how the world could be so messed up...

hahaha pokemon LIFE!

Some of my favourite things include: making people laugh, playing pokemon, having fun!

I have recently discovered ROM hacks... an absolutely incredible idea from the heart of the best community in the world (the pokemon community!)!

Spread the pokéLove! Peace, mates!
Old November 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
icelovebunnies9
Ghastly Dragon

Oh geez...I really got emotional, especially when the main character had to leave in Blue/Red Mystery Dungeon. I physically cried. It was...so sad. I'm serious. It was so hard for me to keep quiet while watching (I already finished the game and watched this on Youtube) because my family was around.

I don't know. I must be sensitive or something. XD

Friend Safari: Fire-Type Ninetales, Pansear, and Charmeleon
FC: 4957-3485-2702
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Oh my goodness I thought I was weird when I cried in a game! Gates to Infinity was a total tearfest for me! Gurdurr's evil path, Keledo's letter to Virizion, and most of all, the partner going to the Worldcore so you could come back. D'X Thank you Pikachu, I missed you too!

You rebel. I like you.
Old November 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
I always cry at the end... did on my first playthrough of Red Rescue Team and still did on my latest of Explorers of Sky. I haven't played Gates to Infinity but I'd hazard a guess that it'd be the same case, there.

Regions cleared in the almighty Dark mono-type: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Jeannes.Thinkin

Send a message via Skype™ to Jeannes.Thinkin
Them feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;_;
I cried in every ending that I played through.
(Sniffle)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links