Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Do you pay attention to music videos? Which music videos are some of your favorites? You can share them by posting links if you wish.
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:02 AM
BeausaHD
The Beau In HD

Obviously Gangnam Style,its probably the only song that everyone could dance to :L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I love music videos! My favorites are ones that are well edited, go along well with the song in question not only in regards to the song itself, but it correlates with the song's theme and represents it in visual form like it's meant to do. Otherwise, what would be the point of the video?

For one example, I thought the Diamonds music video was a fantastic piece.
Spoiler:

And I Knew You Were Trouble.'s music video just... blew me away.
Spoiler:

And I Got a Boy (SNSD) wasn't too shabby either!
Spoiler:

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Eh, not really. There are some I really like, my favorite being the one from "Take on Me" from A-Ha. You know, that one from the 80s? But I usually don't get music videos or just find them boring :/
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I usually watch a song's music video once or twice when it's first released just to see what it's like and if it's good I'll end up watching it countless times (wonderful example here), but usually I'll just play songs whilst browsing the internet or talking on IRC since I've already seen the video once and I'd rather get on with other stuff whilst listening to music. In general I'll grow to like a song much more if there's a great music video for it since it's an instant feeling of "Oh wow, this is awesome", but it's not vital for liking a song by any means.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I like music videos when they aren't just the singer singing/band playing. I like it when the video actually has something to do with the song, and makes the song more impressive.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I like music videos but I'm generally just as happy to just listen.

A few I particularly like are Thriller (Michael Jackson), Little Talks (Of Monsters and Men), Blow (Ke$ha, even though I'm not a fan of her) and honestly anything of Linkin Parks but especially In The End, Burn IT Down, The Catalyst and Lost In The Echo XD

There are lots more but they aren't really popping into my head right now
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:31 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I would watch music vids if I'm bored. I usually and only listen music if I'm doing something, like walking aimlessly.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I like music videos, but I'm not completely in love with them. But if a great song comes along and it has a great music video, I care.

One of my favorites is the Gangnam Style music video, lol. It's hilarious. And another would be the video in Beauty and a Beat, because Justin keeps smiling. Eek, fan-girling. ♥

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old January 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I'm not a fan of videos. I like to keep how I think of songs to myself and seeing a video tends to ruin it. There are some really great ones though. Have fun:

paired to crono
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really watch music videos. I prefer just to listen to the song; so I will like the song for the song, not for the clip (not saying that a lot of people do this; I've just heard that's what some people do)

If I really like the song, I'll watch the clip; but I just can't think of any clips at the moment. XD
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I'm not too partial to music videos, but I'll watch them. Most of the time it feels like the song is the only reason for the video to exist, if that makes sense.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Supertime
I saw that one coming. It's a gem :D

I never watch music videos but once I was at a friends using her computer to put on background music via youtube, and I stumbled across one by Baths I couldn't stop watching.

Great song, gorgeous video.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Katalyst
Black Rose Immortal

I rarely watch music videos, mainly because the genre I listen to the most hasn't got many good videos since it doesn't focus much on them. It's usually just the band playing the song, and for me a music video would portray the subject treated on the song.

That said, there's one video I find really nice: "The Right To Go Insane", by Megadeth - this song is about the recession and the effects it can have on people, and it has similarities with a true story - Shawn Nelson's tank rampage in 1995 - and as such it is re-made in this video, along with the causes for such rampage.

© i Katalyst
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
My favorite:
note
The following may not be suitable to all ages.
The following is suitable for PG-13.

Spoiler:

There's a fair amount of symbolism in this song, the meaning of which should be pretty obvious. This video won a LOT of awards.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Just had to share a couple more favorites with you all.

Most everything Die Antwoord does is pretty mesmerizing, too.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
The Doors are legends, and so is Skrillex. Let's watch their epicness fuse into a pool of sheer awesomeness!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here