The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
Love em or hate em? I don't have cable in my room so I get netflix, it's amazing to me. I never watched enough tv to justify a huge cable bill. The price for Netflix and Hulu is amazing and you get these huge libraries of constantly updated movies and tv.

I don't watch much tv but these days when I'm going to bed at night it's great to wind down with a movie or tv series I like. The suggestion engine for Netflix is pretty good at finding me things I like as well.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Livewire
League Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I love my Netflix, I've had it since summer 2011. And yes, unwinding at night with a nice movie or a cool documentary with some snacks is great.
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My connection is rubbish so Netflix doesn't really work for me. It takes forever to load anything and then whilst it's playing its all buggy and skips so I stopped using it. I'll probably try it again some time if I get a new router or something, but for now it's just not worth it. I do love the idea though, being able to watch any movie at any time sounds wonderful <3
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Doppelgänger
everyones got a dark side
Community Supporter

I don't have Netflix, but I want it. I used it at my cousins house once and it was awesome. I love how cheap it is also, definitely on my list of things to get this year.
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I love netflix -- we use it instead of bothering with a cable bill. I can't see living without it
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Esper

Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
hashtag
the man in black

I have both Netflix and LoveFilm (along with other TV catch-up apps such as 4oD and BBC iPlayer), I think they're brilliant. I mainly use them to watch films on as I'm not a huge fan of long series and if I do really like a series I will make sure to watch it on TV.
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.
Can't wait til the streaming services have basically any content you're looking for. I can see it getting that way, when netflix began it had next to no selection and people said it was gonna go nowhere - yet now it's making deals with disney for first dibs on its content.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links