The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I'm kind of iffy on the whole thing. Not a fan of some of the... whopping five designs but I'm open to give it a chance. Even if I don't I'm going to wind up buying the game anyway I might wind up using the fire starter for a first run for the first time ever, oddly enough. Froakie is pretty rad too I guess. The deer legend? Jade. Enough said.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Pictures for all, all I have managed to get from the video!

Spoiler:

Game looks even worse in screenshots, but it's hard to judge with that low quality. Luckily it isn't THAT bad in motion, but then there's the framerate issue.

That flying legendary I actually like. The reindeer looks boring.

EDIT: Look at all those jaggies!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Jeremy
Sweetie

Nature: Quirky
Well sweeties, I'm seriously hyped for this game. Then again, I usually am about any game. I'm quite happy about the Worldwide release, no more skipping the Internet to avoid spoilers...potentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Just throwing this out there, but good luck hacking this one guys. Seriously o.O
Hacking 3D games won't be too hard. Just look at the Wii. Hacking the 3DS itself, we're getting there.

On a random note, who's waiting for Pokémon Z? Also, who's planning on making a 2D remake of this game? =p

Facebook Twitter

Last edited by Jeremy; January 8th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Route 3 sign, does that mean this region will be far away from the others if they're starting again from 1?
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Echidna
Something Interesting

Nature: Brave
Uhm, guys, you might wanna consider that the screenshots/video are enlarged, which is probably why they look so damn pixelated. I'm pretty certain they'll look considerably better on the console itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Hacking 3D games won't be too hard. Just look at the Wii. Hacking the 3DS itself, we're getting there.

On a random note, who's waiting for Pokémon Z? Also, who's planning on making a 2D remake of this game? =p
Yeah but see my doubts stem from the fact that we're already 2 generations behind, generations that were in 2D. So hopefully at this pace, we'll be able to hack Generation 6 sometime around 2025. u_u

Not to mention that even if we manage to hack the engine (provide means to hack the games), think of the massive work it would take to work on graphics. Appears each Pokemon needs a full on 3D model or at the very least , over 30 frames. Same goes for OWs and tiles. So yeah, I can say with enough certainty that we can say our goodbyes to Fakemon and graphics hacking in general u_u

Not to mention the massive amounts of work it would take to map this damn thing.

I feel a headache coming on even thinking about this. >_>

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Route 3 sign, does that mean this region will be far away from the others if they're starting again from 1?
Yes I think that it's correct so like Unova 1, it may not have pokemon from previous gens.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Jeremy
Sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Yeah but see my doubts stem from the fact that we're already 2 generations behind, generations that were in 2D. So hopefully at this pace, we'll be able to hack Generation 6 sometime around 2025. u_u

Not to mention that even if we manage to hack the engine (provide means to hack the games). Think of the massive work it would take to work on graphics. Appears each Pokemon needs a full on 3D model or at the very least , over 30 frames. Same goes for OWs and tiles. So yeah, I can say with enough certainty that we can say our goodbyes to Fakemon and graphics hacking in general u_u

Not to mention the massive amounts of work it would take to map this damn thing.

I feel a headache coming on even thinking about this.
Super Smash Bros Brawl mods were done, I'm sure once we get enough reverse engineers, X and Y are going to be hacked. But that's to far away to think about, let's enjoy the games that are coming out.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Echidna
Something Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Super Smash Bros Brawl mods were done, I'm sure once we get enough reverse engineers, X and Y are going to be hacked. But that's to far away to think about, let's enjoy the games that are coming out.
Yes let's O:

I've been jumping around here going crazy for the past hour, so yeah. All's cool ;-;

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned

OMFG AFAGGEGBS, EXCITED!!! Hey I guess I know why they called it X and Y. I saw a Pokemon that he's like an Y.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
It looks exciting but I may be the only person with a criticism. The designs seem to be following through with the Black and White look- overcomplicating the characters a bit. I guess I can say that's the only flaw through my own personal opinion, but I'll have to see the rest to make a proper decision.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Yes I think that it's correct so like Unova 1, it may not have pokemon from previous gens.
Judging from the video footage that was shown, I think it's safe to say that there will be older generation Pokémon made available early on.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Spinosaurus

You know one thing I'm hoping for? Getting rid of random encounters.

Please Gamefreak. They were stupid back then, and they're still stupid. Such an outdated mechanic.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
It looks exciting but I may be the only person with a criticism. The designs seem to be following through with the Black and White look- overcomplicating the characters a bit. I guess I can say that's the only flaw through my own personal opinion, but I'll have to see the rest to make a proper decision.
I can see what you mean and that is one big reason I fell out with the previous 2 games, but I think X/Y might not pile as much detail into it, as the 3DS is a bit more powerful, so it might even out. Unless, they try and max out on the hardware.

Either way, this game has got me more excited than most of the squeals, so that is something for me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
The official Pokemon website has updated with the details and it's looking good!

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Judging from the video footage that was shown, I think it's safe to say that there will be older generation Pokémon made available early on.
Yes I know. But that's just my theory if the video doesn't had previous gen pokemons.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Ethan
Best Friends

Nature: Jolly
I like the new flying legendary interesting
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Airhead
Banned

Must... have... life depends on it!!
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

What's the most exciting aspect of the trailer for you guys? The actual 3D world is starting to take a whole of my interests! :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Spinosaurus

If anyone is interested, the japanese names for the starters:
Froakie = Keromatsu
Fennekin = Foko?
Chespin = Harimaron

Probably got Fennekin's wrong.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; January 8th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Echidna
Something Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Must... have... life depends on it!!
This basically :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
What's the most exciting aspect of the trailer for you guys? The actual 3D world is starting to take a whole of my interests! :3
The uhm, part where that vulture god thing flies in ;D
So badass o.o

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Just the whole travelling through the region in 3D looking at the different areas. I'm really pleased with the current graphics.

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Banned

EXCITED! SO EXCITED. Gen 6! 3D world! Haha!
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Pokemon Trainer Ethan
Best Friends

Nature: Jolly
Something cilan would say... Ah! A new recipe!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

While caught in the excitement I failed to notice that these games will be available as a download edition.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

pokemon Coordinate version!
now I need to get my own 3ds (or borrow my brothers)!

and just last night I thought I was growing weary of pokemon after playing it for so many years. ok Nintendo, you got me.

White FC (♀Touko):4255 - 4402 - 9025
White 2 FC (
♀Mei):0940 - 0478 - 9833

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links