Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I think Chespin looks more like a fighting type than Froakie, but he also looks dark.
Change is inevitable.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If Froakie's final evolution has a mustache or beard of some description I'm basically obligated to choose him.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

I'm basing mine entirely on how much I like the 3 parts of the evolution design-wise.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Fennikin Should be a Fire/Fighting Type and look super similar to Mienshou!

Just kidding! More Fire/Fighting Pokemon are needed as much as more Luvdiscs!!

I just saw the first round of Starter Evo Fan Art. OMG! SO AMAZING! I don't think Game freak could do better!

This Image ALONE is enough reason to choose Frokie!

The Grass Type With Spikes!

The O-Kami Style Fenneikin with the briad!

The Frog Fan Art makes me Love the Blue from in ways in never did yesterday.

I now Officially LOVE Generation 6 Starters.

I only hope the Real Starters are just as good!

Last edited by SnowpointQuincy; January 11th, 2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
I just saw the first round of Starter Evo Fan Art. OMG! SO AMAZING! I don't think Game freak could do better!

This Image ALONE is enough reason to choose Frokie!
Froakie was def my favorite at first glance and still is, but his final evo will really be what determines my final choice. That pic would be the perfect final evo for Froakie, but that is just too epic so I can't get my hopes up too high. But that drawing though!

Whatever Froakie evolves into I just really don't want it to be a like a fat and squatty Gamabunta toad. He should retain his quickness and agile body. If he does become an ugly fat toad then I probably won't choose him. But hopefully all the starters surprise us in a good way, my second choice would be Chespin and last Fennekin.
*caught:

*hunting:

Old January 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
This is the BEST round of FakeMon that I have ever seen!
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:43 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Either Froakie or Chespin for me, but for the sake of the poll I'll give Froakie some love.
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:37 PM
naqman32
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Sauce? You're the first I've seen mention this.

Cyclone
i mentioned it was what i'm thinking from my head, it just makes the most sense to me, i mean it could be chespin really evolves into some old willow tree kinda dark type, and fennekin is psychic, and froakie is still just water/ice or maybe water/fighting, but from the trailer i think froakie is going to be water/ice from the ice attack he uses because if you look closely, it's not using water gun, there are snowflakes moving in that beam and he just looks like he's wearing a winter coat..so the other three i feel should balance him out
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Looks like I'm choosing the grass starter for first time...
Chespin look a bit like oshawott (but better) though... Oh well, its better than friggen snivy

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I don't get why everybody is comparing Chespin to Oshawott! I mean, it's fine if you do think they're similar, there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't get it myself, in my humble opinion.

I mean, for starters, Oshawott was super adorable.

Chespin, on the other hand... not so much, to put it nicely.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:24 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
I don't get why everybody is comparing Chespin to Oshawott! I mean, it's fine if you do think they're similar, there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't get it myself, in my humble opinion.

I mean, for starters, Oshawott was super adorable.

Chespin, on the other hand... not so much, to put it nicely.
For me it's the other way around, Chespin's cute and Oshawoot is slightly less.

I don't think Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting...unless it evolves into something like that fox Digimon...
Stand for Life
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
For me it's the other way around, Chespin's cute and Oshawoot is slightly less.

I don't think Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting...unless it evolves into something like that fox Digimon...
It's okay, I respect your opinion!

By "fox Digimon" do you mean Renamon?

Somebody mentioned it earlier, and I had said I saw the resemblance too, and I would be excited to nickname my Fennekin Renamon! I'm not a hardcore Digimon fan or anything but Renamon is my favorite out of the Digimon I know. I just saw her on that season of Digimon they did when I was younger.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

As far as I'm thinking about starter Pokémon and my favorite out of them all, Fennekin. x3

I'm thinking that their final evolutions will have types like this:

Chespin's final evolution: Grass/Dark
Fennekin's final evolution: Fire
Froakie's final evolution: Water/Flying
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Victini

I'm really hoping Fennekin stays a quadruped upon all three stages of evolution. I'm personally getting real sick of quads evolving into bipeds. :<

I really love all three!! <33 Though sadly I can't choose all three, so I think I'm gonna end up with either Fennekin or Chespin.. with the latter being a tad more preferable. Now here's hoping for nice evolutions.~

Edit : Yup! I'm going for Chespin, it's official! :'D

Last edited by Victini; January 11th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
Fennekin is my favorite design wise. However, the moment I saw it, I knew it would be extremely overused. A canid, a fire type. A cute little body with huge fennec fox ears? Yeah, it's definitely going to be very popular.
I'll wait until the final evolutions to decide who I'm going to pick on the new games, however unless Froakie ends up with something really stupid for a final-evo, I'll probably get her.

I was impressed with all the starters. Chespin is fairly cute, but I have little hope for it being anything short of a cluster**** of different colors, textures and designs for it's final evolution. I think it is based off of an Armadillo- one of the animals I relate most to. However, I'm almost certain it's final evolution will be hideous.. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised, but..
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Just spotted this over on reddit.

Spoiler:

We've got some hints direct from Nintendo here with regards to typings. They've suggested (tentatively) Grass/Bug, Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic. Thoughts?
i gave myself to sin.
i gave myself to providence,
and i've been there and back again.

Last edited by shenanigans; January 12th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Superfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
I now start loving Fennekin. I never thought of a Fire Fox and it's a reality now!
Um...Vulpix and Ninetales??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Just spotted this.

We've got some hints direct from Nintendo here with regards to typings. They've suggested (tentatively) Grass/Bug, Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic. Thoughts?
Oh man, if Fennekin becomes Fire/Psychic I will be all over that. Although...it would make it somewhat similar to Ninetales.

Anyway, I don't think Chespin's gonna become Grass/Bug, simply because its a mammal and a lot of grass types can use pin missile anyway.

Last edited by Superfox; January 12th, 2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Just spotted this over on reddit.

I originally wanted Froakie to be Water/Fighting & Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic and wasn't sure about Chespin so I hope this is true. These would be perfect typing for all of them and we might find something out on Pokemon Smash if they decide to give us any more information.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:43 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfox View Post
Anyway, I don't think Chespin's gonna become Grass/Bug, simply because its a mammal and a lot of grass types can use pin missile anyway.
Chespin's the one I doubt tbh - apparently (although it somehow slipped by all us lot lol) it's based on a hedgehog which'd by default grab it Pin Missile and, if anything, I'd imagine a Ground subtype. Froakie being Water/Fighting would also be odd given that Poliwrath (a really big tadpole, apparently???) has that typing and is closely linked to frogs but... this is the most reliable source we've had so far.
we're not scaremongering.
this is really happening.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If anything I could see Chespin becoming either Grass/Dark, Grass/Steel or just pure Grass, the other two seem plausible.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think that Chespin will end up with a dark secondary type, so that the Pokemon's secondary types can form another triangle Dark/Fighting/Psychic, since that's a trio of types that some people have been asking for in starters for a bit.

I saw these cool ones on tumblr, the first is fire/psychic and the second is fire/electric!
Spoiler:

I think that they'll do a good job, seeing how the positive the response have been to the starters, or in the end the evolutions will just grow on me.
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

You know what would make me mad? If they named Chespin's final evolution "Chesperior". lol
"Cold-Blooded"
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Device-Sasuke
Unhatched Egg

I'm totally choosing Chespin. Have you seen that cute little face? I just wanna pinch his little cheeks lol.

Best Pokemon ever. Period.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
The more I think about it, the more I kinda want the starters to be monotype.
But, I would like the dark/psychic/fighting and whatnot too.
Change is inevitable.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I was going for fennikin bt when i heard about it being fire/psy(most probably), i was dissapointed..

I m now just like wtf another ninetales...!!so i m going for chespin if its gonna be part ground..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here