The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
You should remember France once owned colonies in North Africa, Morocco was a part of it.
Which gives basis for a fennec fox being a starter in this region after all!
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:20 AM
~Mittens
♪ηуαα♥

Nature: Brave
Hmm... hard decision. I like all of them. Probably I will choose Fennekin.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:23 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Of design alone, Fenneken, but last time I loved Snivy till I saw how bad he was...
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 14th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevil View Post
Of design alone, Fenneken, but last time I loved Snivy till I saw how bad he was...
Well generally from the speculated psychic typing it's pretty logical to assume that it won't suck :x At least if it's the expected typing it'd have a chance to be strong and hopefully have Calm Mind, and actually be able to USE it. I hope.
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Soile
Eevee Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Fennekin, but keep him as a fox :'( That is, please do not stand up on your hind legs at the end of the evolutionary line. Just be a fire fox. Pulease.

I seriously don't know what to do if Fennekin becomes some stupid two-legged fighting fox. I think that's why I'm not pre-ordering this time around. If he does, this gen is on the same level as IV and that was my least favorite gen. I only liked Piplup. None of its evolutions, none of the other starters. At least gen V, I could live with Serperior (which is a first since gen II for me, liking the last evolution of a starter) but preferred Servine, and liked Oshawott through Dewott but not Samurott. That was a blessing! Here, I have only one option (unless Chespin gets insanely epic in his next two evolutions, but I doubt that) and I'd love a Gen VI Vulpix. Psychic type would be amazing, too. Typings like that really make me want to use them in my team, like Chandelure and Galvantula.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Nicktaco
Hot Sensation

I really like chespin thou I might choose fernikin
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soile View Post
Fennekin, but keep him as a fox :'( That is, please do not stand up on your hind legs at the end of the evolutionary line. Just be a fire fox. Pulease.

I seriously don't know what to do if Fennekin becomes some stupid two-legged fighting fox. I think that's why I'm not pre-ordering this time around. If he does, this gen is on the same level as IV and that was my least favorite gen. I only liked Piplup. None of its evolutions, none of the other starters. At least gen V, I could live with Serperior (which is a first since gen II for me, liking the last evolution of a starter) but preferred Servine, and liked Oshawott through Dewott but not Samurott. That was a blessing! Here, I have only one option (unless Chespin gets insanely epic in his next two evolutions, but I doubt that) and I'd love a Gen VI Vulpix. Psychic type would be amazing, too. Typings like that really make me want to use them in my team, like Chandelure and Galvantula.
Fennekin can be quadruped and still be Fire/Fighting just so ya know. XD It doesn't have to stand on 2 legs to be a fighting type anymore.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Forever
let it go

I really doubt they'll have a fighting fox :x Like the previous ones seemed kind of obvious in design but this one has the potential to go anywhere honestly. Hopefully psychic!!
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I really hope Fennekin becomes something else than Fighting. i don't even care about his second type anymore, as long as it's not fighting.
And i wouldn't care too much for the design, or would you expect a Torchic to become a Fighting type if you didn't know how his evos look?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Forever
let it go

I guess, however you could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of? I just don't see why they'd go with a fighting fox when a psychic fox has much greater potential (just imo though).
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of?
I think if you only know the very first stage it's hard to tell what Type a Starter is going to be. A soon as the 2nd and 3rd stages are revealed, then i think you can formulate an educated opinion.
I'm definitely on your side though, i hope it's something like Fire/Psychic! And i can't see why they would go 3(!!) Gens with a Fire/Fighting starter...talk about creativity..

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever;7581662[B
]I guess, however you could somewhat predict the past fire-starters evolutions, kind of?[/B] I just don't see why they'd go with a fighting fox when a psychic fox has much greater potential (just imo though).
the moment i saw tepig, my first words were "Alright, not a fire/fighting this time !" And we know how that played out =/
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
the moment i saw tepig, my first words were "Alright, not a fire/fighting this time !" And we know how that played out =/
Same here, i was hoping for him to be a Pure Fire type...

Old March 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Well that's in the past and we have to look to the future! ...aka Fennekin :3 Pure fire wouldn't be bad, either. I mean it'd certainly rival Vulpix but it could be a more defensive/slower fire fox than the ones in the first generation.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

I have a feeling that all Starters are going to have mixed types, or at least i hope so, since it makes them way more interesting and diverse imo.

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It's pretty easy for them to use evolution to make something stand up. However, if it's revealed that Fennekin evolves into Fire/Fighting then I'm not using him. I'm already planning on using Chespin, but it'd be ridiculous to see a fourth Fire/Fighting starter. It's gotten so old and I hope Game Freak realizes that.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

I've always been a fan of fire starters until they all eventually became fighting -.-
I don't see how GF thought that would be okay...just don't get it. I might pick the Grass starter for the very first time, Chespin look so cute and cool :3 I'm looking forward to see his eventual 2nd type

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Forever
let it go

What'll surprise me about Chespin (because it was mentioned) would be if it was a special attacker. I just can't imagine a nutty little creature like that being a special attacker!
Old March 17th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Chespin gives me the vibe that it'll evolve into some badass forest-excadrill. Which in that case would be absolutely amazing and would make me really really tempted to use it.
And because of that I agree with Nica about the special stuff. :P
Of course if it was done well, it'd be great. But most of all I hope it's not gonna be like with for example Samurott, where it has equal offensive abilities. That allows for more variation and flexibility, sure, but it feels like such a waste if you only use one of them anyway.

As with Fennekin, Fire/Fighting stopped being fun for me after Blaziken, but I'm not really feeling it this time. Psychic would be so great.

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:33 AM
silverwind93

Fennekin. Not just because I have a weakness for most fire types but I've also become obsessed with fennec foxes since I first saw him
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
Chespin gives me the vibe that it'll evolve into some badass forest-excadrill. Which in that case would be absolutely amazing and would make me really really tempted to use it.

As with Fennekin, Fire/Fighting stopped being fun for me after Blaziken, but I'm not really feeling it this time. Psychic would be so great.
I would love to see Chespin turn into that forest-excadrill kinda pokemon you mentioned, I think that would definitely make me pick him! Maybe He'd be of a Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground type? Would be something new and interesting to see.

And i agree with your view on Fire/Fighting starters. I absolutely love Blaziken, because he looks awesome and his typing used to be something unique. Infernape i can tolerate, but GF making a third starter with the same type definitely took the fun and originality out of it. Psychic seems like a good fit for Fennekin, would be nice to have a non-legendary with that typing.

Old March 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
What'll surprise me about Chespin (because it was mentioned) would be if it was a special attacker. I just can't imagine a nutty little creature like that being a special attacker!
To me, it honestly will look like it'll go into something physical. Of course, we haven't had a Special grass type attacker since.....Gen I, I believe? It'll definitely surprise me, that's for sure. @_@
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Forever
let it go

A forest Excadrill is also what people also assume the design to be in a way too @ Pokestick. Grass/steel would make for an interesting starter typing if that were the case!
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Ooh, didn't even consider Grass/Steel. The awesome of that alone would outweigh the massive fire weakness.
Like many others, I'm thinking Grass/Dark. It's been done before, but not enough. :P

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
SunnyZ
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I'm thinking of choosing Fennekin right now because I've never chosen a fire type starter pokemon before. I guess it would be nice for a change

Oh ho ho ho ho ho, Baguette!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links