The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I'm hoping for Chespin to be either a Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock Pokemon. Grass/Steel would be awesome too, but somehow i think that's rather unlikely. Grass/Dark is a pretty good bet too, i'd love to see another pokemon with that typing

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 17th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I'm seeing Grass/Fighting for Chespin. I have no idea why, but its design just screams that it's going to evolve into a Fighting type. Which would be a nice change, since it would more than likely mean Fennekin wouldn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
Old March 18th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Tim09

Too much chespin and fennekin in here and not enough froakie.
Old March 18th, 2013 (12:30 AM).
Neeni
Stage On!

Nature: Naughty
I'm going for either Fennikin or Chespin

mainly Fennikin because I LOVE fire starters but I absolutely despised Chimchar and Tepig, they were too hideous for me to like and even though Emboar grew on me a bit, I still hate it and Infernape... so finally GF introduced a cute looking fire starter that everyone can like!

Chespin because I've never went for a grass starter since Chikorita (it's the only grass starter I've ever played with) so I might pick it for change

Froakie is a NO for me definitely, I don't like the design at all. I have no idea why they decided to make it a friggin' frog >.>

tumblr | twitter | instagram
Old March 18th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
orangeralts21
Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet

Nature: Serious
Whooooaaaa. If Chespin could be Grass/Rock! I love grass types and rock types!

My Zetaboards Nuzlocke Forum Account
Old March 19th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'd actually thought of something pretty interesting just now (at least, concerning the grass starters):

First Gen: Special
Second Gen: Defensive
Third gen: Special
Fourth Gen: Physical
Fifth Gen: Physical/Special

So maybe Chespin might be leaning towards either a more physical typing, or just remain Grass with a defensive-oriented moveset, like Meganium. I kind of hope it's not the latter and it's more the former, really.
Old March 19th, 2013 (02:54 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I'm just totally going by looks and design, but Chespin looks like a pokemon who is going to be dishing out left and right, so i think/hope he'll be leaning more towards offensive skills!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 21st, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Beth Sycamore
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Are there any pictures of their final evolutions that I could look at,before I make this decision of choosing a starter?
Old March 21st, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sycamore View Post
Are there any pictures of their final evolutions that I could look at,before I make this decision of choosing a starter?
Nope, we've got nothing yet! All we know for sure are what the first stages look like and their typings. We'd love to know more, but sadly we don't =/
Old March 21st, 2013 (04:36 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Yep, and likely won't know much more about the starters until either next month or the month afterwards, really. We still have a whole summer left to go before the release of the games, so GF really are taking their sweet time. xD;
Old March 21st, 2013 (05:19 PM).
Forever
let it go

I think we'll find out more about the starters p soon tbh. But the evolutions will be months away :(
Old March 23rd, 2013 (06:35 AM).
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Chespin easily! It's the best grass type starter yet. I know it's weird but I feel like it's evolution will already be awesome without even seeing it.

I usually go for grass starters (water if the grass type is horrible, like in Gen 4 and 5.) The fire ones always just feel.. generic to me and I don't think they look all that great either. I've always loved Venosaur over Charizard, Sceptile over Blaziken, etc.
Old March 23rd, 2013 (03:47 PM).
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
Fennekin hands down! Chespin is cute too. Not so fond of Froakie, but he'll probably grow on me.
Old March 23rd, 2013 (06:58 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
Chespin easily! It's the best grass type starter yet. I know it's weird but I feel like it's evolution will already be awesome without even seeing it.

I usually go for grass starters (water if the grass type is horrible, like in Gen 4 and 5.) The fire ones always just feel.. generic to me and I don't think they look all that great either. I've always loved Venosaur over Charizard, Sceptile over Blaziken, etc.
idk, I think Chespin is cute, but its evolution won't be outright amazing like I picture Fennekin to be...? That's just how I feel, though :(
Old March 23rd, 2013 (07:23 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
idk, I think Chespin is cute, but its evolution won't be outright amazing like I picture Fennekin to be...? That's just how I feel, though
I can't picture Fennekin as anything but a Snivy clone. Its going to get controversal evolution in some way that makes people royally miffed at it and Gamefreak and take a huge hit to its potential with a huge mess up to its stats.

=C
Old March 23rd, 2013 (07:24 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I mean, I picture Chespin's evolution to be Torterra-esque, so maybe it'd look badass perhaps? :x Either way, I wouldn't mind!
Old March 24th, 2013 (09:25 AM).
Forever
let it go

Nahhh, Fennekin will have an awesome fox design. I'll be surprised if the final evolution is on all fours, though.
Old March 24th, 2013 (09:44 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I mean, then it'd just be a Ninetails copy in that case, or at least I'd imagine it to be! :x I feel that having Fennekin evolve into a bipedal fox of some sort would be more ideal.
Old March 25th, 2013 (05:29 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think we'll find out more about the starters p soon tbh. But the evolutions will be months away
Can't wait for more news on the starters, including the potential news of the evolutions being revealed. I'm hoping Froakie looks good when he evolves cos I think he's my fave of the bunch, but let's hope Fennekin and Chespin's final evos don't look terrible either.

And yeah I do agree with Derk that Fennekin needs to be biped when it evolves, like most Fire starters are.

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old March 25th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I would choose Chespin, just because I always choose the Grass type in a new generation. But I will never be able to get myself X and Y so yeah.. :/

I hope that Chespin's final evolution will become Grass/Dark, Fennikin's evo Fire/Psychic and Froakie's evo Water/Fighting. So there will be this SE circle twice! (If you follow me)

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old March 25th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
VentusS
Unhatched Egg

fennekin is the only nice looking one imo. it is gorgeous
Old March 25th, 2013 (03:46 PM). Edited March 25th, 2013 by Expro.
Expro

Nature: Jolly
I'm liking the designs of all three overall. Fennekin is my favorite out of the three; however, Froakie and Chespin are tied for second haha. Froakies design is unique for a water starter. I like it! Can't wait to see what Chespin evolves into. I see fire/psychic, water/fighting (maybe water/ice or pure water), and finally grass/dark as their respective types. What do you guys think?

I sort of want GF to base Fennekin's final evo on Alakazam and Zoroak. That would look sick! with fire coming out of her ears haha
Old March 25th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Honestly I'd love to see quadrupedal Fire final evolution. Although people are worried about it being a Ninetales clone, I severely doubt that they would keep it's appearance that similar when it finally hits its third stage. It'd be a cool change to, instead of becoming bipedal like the majority of starters have, excluding some of the grass starters.
Old March 25th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expro View Post
I'm liking the designs of all three overall. Fennekin is my favorite out of the three; however, Froakie and Chespin are tied for second haha. Froakies design is unique for a water starter. I like it! Can't wait to see what Chespin evolves into. I see fire/psychic, water/fighting (maybe water/ice or pure water), and finally grass/dark as their respective types. What do you guys think?

I sort of want GF to base Fennekin's final evo on Alakazam and Zoroak. That would look sick! with fire coming out of her ears haha
Fire coming out of ears would be awesome as a design! But I don't think they'll make Pokemon too similar to past Pokemon especially not if they're a starter :(
Old March 25th, 2013 (11:57 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Just based on their first forms, I guess Fennekin is my favourite, but I'll reserve final judgment based on what their final forms look like since those are the forms I'll have to deal with in the long run.

Most starters change pretty drastically nowadays so I have high hopes for the water starter being more appealing in the end. :D

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links