Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Chespin also has good potential for moves. In fact I see one of its exclusive moves being something to do with cracking nuts tbh.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:58 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
If I could choose right now, I'd go with Froakie. I don't normally like frog Pokémon, but it looks so much cooler than the grass type. Fennekin is so overrated
Please Click:

Old April 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Froakie's my least favorite tbh...hope it gets a cool evolution like the water starters since gen 3 have gotten.
Stand for Life
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Forever
let it go

Something comes to mind there. What if the starters final lines evolved via Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, etc? I mean it's unlikely but I think that'd fit in with a possible DNA theme.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Community Supporter

That'll be interesting... it could potentially mean getting the final evolutions early or late depending on where one gets the stone, and if they didn't already use it on another...
Speaking about it I wonder what levels they'll evolve...I'm sort of hoping they push up the level of evolution this time for both evolution stages like they evolve into their second stage at lv. 20 or 21, and third stage at lv. 40.

I see Chespin becoming a speedy version of Torterra.
Stand for Life
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
Boredom is so boring these days

Nature: Calm
WHAT THE ****ITY ****?!
is this a frog?! with a mustache made of clouds?!
Idan used cuteness!

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Community Supporter

Some beleive that "mustache" are actually spectacles.
Stand for Life
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
I'm not a big fan of Fennekin. I've never really liked fire types. When I played my first pokemon game, I liked Treecko the best and, since then, I've always chosen the grass starter. Grass became my favorite type. Since Fire is my always rivals pokemon, I started disliking them.

Speaking of rivals always having the type that's good against yours, wouldn't it be nice if the rival's pokemon was randomly decided after you picked yours?
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Something comes to mind there. What if the starters final lines evolved via Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, etc? I mean it's unlikely but I think that'd fit in with a possible DNA theme.
I'm not sure if that would be likely, but I do hope that they evolve by some other means than the traditional 'level-up'. Even if it is increasing their happiness level or bringing them to a specific location, I wish they would change it up for once.
Please Click:

Old April 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
I'm not sure if that would be likely, but I do hope that they evolve by some other means than the traditional 'level-up'. Even if it is increasing their happiness level or bringing them to a specific location, I wish they would change it up for once.
Specific location... maybe there's like a point, where after beating a certain gym leader your starter could evolve? Maybe it could relate to genetics by having something programmed inside them to evolve after a certain achievement. Idk that might overcomplicate things tho.
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Nature: Calm
Big fan of all 3, although Chespin looks a bit... busy. It's basically a cross between Petilil (the green bit), Emolga (face) and Sandshrew (lower body). Then again Fennekin is pretty much Zorua mixed with Ninetales, but at least Zorua and Ninetales mix more naturally.

I really like Fennekin and Froakin actually, both nice simple designs done well. Froakin could probably do without the white blobs on his nose though, much like Sylveon could really lose the bow tie, but that's another matter.
Sapphire - Pearl - Fire Red - Soul Silver - Black
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:17 AM
TwoFacedGaming2013
Unhatched Egg

I like them alot more than the previous generations starters! Lets just say that...
Old April 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Some beleive that "mustache" are actually spectacles.
This is what I thought. I would have never even thought that it could be a mustache o.o

But I like all three of the starters. But my favorite is Fennkin because it is an adorable fox! <3
Old April 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Tsunagi
I liek mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Fennekin reminds me of Ninetails, idk why though xD
Fennekin all the waaaay!
Mr. Cat says: Signature coming soon! :3
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu02 View Post
Speaking of rivals always having the type that's good against yours, wouldn't it be nice if the rival's pokemon was randomly decided after you picked yours?
I actually wouldn't like that, the rivals always pick the starter that is good against yours because this forces the player to use some strategy, i.e. capture new pokemon that are good against your rival, or learn new moves that are good against your rivals Pokemon. And besides, there's no fun if it's too easy!
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.

Gen 6.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Possible, but very limiting, in a sense? I suppose it depends on which point in the game that you would get these items, in which I assume it wouldn't be very far (or hopefully not that far, anyway). But this would be an interesting route to take for the starter evos!
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
Froakie is awesome. I like all three though.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
I'm pretty sure I'll choose Chespin It's a little difficult since I like both water & grass types but Chespin interests me more than the other two.

❤ 18
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunagi View Post
Fennekin reminds me of Ninetails, idk why though xD
Fennekin all the waaaay!
Because they're both foxes :3 imo it looks closer to Vulpix of the two though, and it's probably where Fennekin's evolution will head.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I'll go with Fennekin all the way though I can change my mind if I see those Evo's. :3
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
I don't know how I would feel if they changed the evolution formula for the starters. Adjusting the levels is one thing, but over complicating it or making it too specific would be an unnecessary change in my opinion. The starters, while considered rare and special, aren't supposed to be these overly complex Pokémon. They're supposed to be, in a sense, basic.

Plus, if current patterns remain, then if one were to evolve their starter too soon with an evolutionary stone, then they may miss out on some pretty important moves learned at their prior stage.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:29 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
i don't why, but every time i think about how every starter final evolution will, i most of the time see froaki's as a big wise and fat frogs like those in naruto.
i also saw a few fan made froaki's final evolution the same way.
what do you think about it if it will turn out this way?
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Forever
let it go

I guess if it turned out that way I wouldn't be too surprised, although something interesting is if what if Froakie's final evolution is down on all fours, as opposed to be standing, as we'd likely suspect. I mean I'm sure there's frogs like that...?
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Fbn11
Unhatched Egg

Fennekin <3, the best. I think that be my decision
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
I guess if it turned out that way I wouldn't be too surprised, although something interesting is if what if Froakie's final evolution is down on all fours, as opposed to be standing, as we'd likely suspect. I mean I'm sure there's frogs like that...?
I always imagined it looking somewhat like a combination of Swampert and Seismitoad. .__.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here