Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2013 (12:26 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by BluuArrowz:
Froakie seems fine to me. I have a feeling that I may end up picking him and having my favorite chespin as a second. Fenniken is to picked right now making it less appetizing. Its not bad but thousand will be choosing it. But as of right now Chespin Baby. I have a feel that this one will feel like Maganium. Tanky and Strong.
I actually picture Chespin to evolve into a fast physical hitter, but I can see it going down the more sturdy road and being used as more of a wall instead of a fast hitter. Although, I'm hoping for more of the former.
Old May 3rd, 2013 (03:59 PM).
BluuArrowz

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I actually picture Chespin to evolve into a fast physical hitter, but I can see it going down the more sturdy road and being used as more of a wall instead of a fast hitter. Although, I'm hoping for more of the former.
I mean it seems like they are giving the speed to froakie and fenikenn. So chespin might be a slow but powerful tank. Froakie being the speedster attack. and Fenikenn the speed special attack.
Old May 4th, 2013 (01:48 AM).
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I'm going to go with Froakie on my first run through and then i think Im going to go for Chespin on my second on i usually love fire types but for some reason i have no interest in it at all. But for me the real choice will come when i see the final evolutions of them. If we don't get to see the end results till we play the game Im going with Froakie

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old May 4th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
SnazzyPanic
Unhatched Egg

I choose chespin because the fire type looks as though its gonna suck and frokie well another bad look water type. Chespin looks cool
Old May 4th, 2013 (08:30 AM).
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Chespin and Fennekin are cute, but im going with Froakie because he looks the strongest imo, and cant wait for his evolutions! Wow i cant wait!

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old May 4th, 2013 (11:08 AM).
ToWriteLove
On Her Arms

Nature: Gentle
How is Froakie in last???? Easily the best I say.
Old May 4th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Froakie is the Oshawott of this generation, last because it doesn't look as cool as the rest...lol won't be surprised if it had the most cool of the final evolutions like Oshawott did.
Old May 4th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
wilso
Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
i was looking at all the grass types moves and i cant imagine Chespin using most of them i mean treecko only got absorb and its an alright attack but meh what kind of grass attack will chespin start with?
Old May 5th, 2013 (08:48 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by wilso:
i was looking at all the grass types moves and i cant imagine Chespin using most of them i mean treecko only got absorb and its an alright attack but meh what kind of grass attack will chespin start with?
I'm pretty sure it'll get physical grass moves. Maybe a new type of physical grass move for early on, and Leaf Blade for later on? I can't help thinking it'll have something like nut cracker tho.
Old May 6th, 2013 (02:30 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Another image has surfaced, probably fake but it's allegedly the starter evolutions.
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:13 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Another image has surfaced, probably fake but it's allegedly the starter evolutions.
Definitely calling that a fake. The background is far too naked to be an actual page from CoroCoro and the art is different from Sugimori's typical style.

Oh, and moved your post here. You're welcome.
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:20 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

To be honest...I was too focused on how badass-looking they were. .__. It just seems like a "too good to be true" kind of thing (in which unfortunately, it seems to scream a blatant fake in this case).

I agree with Shivi though. You'd expect, at least, from the progression of info that we've gotten so far, to at least have some screenshots of the starters' evo in a battle or something like that, or some 3D model of them in the games if they were actually revealed. I don't think just one screenshot is going to do in this case.
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:28 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

As I said in the evolution thread they're most likely fake as Aerilyn said here. The pallete and style of them do not match Sugimori style. Mostly the pallete was the big give away, a lot of fake mon are drawn in very dark colors opposed to the more lighter colors we typicially see in Pokemon.
Also I think they're sort of ugly...
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:40 AM).
Forever
let it go

They're also too blue/orange/green imo, compared to the other ones, but lol if they turn out to be real.
Old May 6th, 2013 (07:06 AM).
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Yeah I think they might be a bit dark compared to the pre-evos. Generally there's some kind of color pattern but eh. Also I don't see why the Chespin evo would be right smack in the middle cut by the page, that seems like poor editing on the magazine's part lol. It looks a bit realistic though, and I liked Fennekin's evo.

Old May 6th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That is so fake I can't even handle it. Those don't even look like evolutions to me, it just looks like they took the starters and made a bigger version of them. I mean, that's generally not how it works. And the artwork style just doesn't fit.
Old May 6th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
That is so fake I can't even handle it. Those don't even look like evolutions to me, it just looks like they took the starters and made a bigger version of them. I mean, that's generally not how it works. And the artwork style just doesn't fit.
Not to mention Froakie's evo is in the exact same position. But yeah, I agree, the quality (not just the quality of the art, but the concepts as well) of these fake evolutions is very low in my opinion.
Old May 6th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

While they're probably fake, they're quite good fakes imo.

Anyway, Fennekin all the way as long as they don't screw up the evolutions like they did with all the Gen V starters.
Old May 6th, 2013 (08:07 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

My thoughts exactly, they just look liked enlarged versions of their original stages.
Old May 7th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I enjoy looking at the fake concept art people come up with at least, since they're interesting to look at. But yeah, hopefully we get some art of some sort for the evolutions soon!
Old May 7th, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Mmmm, I'm really wondering if we're getting any kind of evolution reveals this month...if not next month. I'm really hoping we're getting something about the starters soon, though. I know people are going to flip either way when it does. xD
Old May 7th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
BluuArrowz

I have a feeling Froakie is going to be beast and everyone is going to cry for hating on it later.
Old May 7th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I usually pick my starter depending on his final evolution, so getting some pictures and some more information this month would be pretty nice

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 7th, 2013 (10:19 PM).
Birthday Thunder
Venus

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Birthday Thunder
I'm not even going to lie here, if that really is fennekin's final form, I will die. I love the way that thing looks so very much. If it is fake, I applaud the artist because that looks incredibly real to me. Almost like the artist for pokemon made that.

3DS FC for X and Y: 2766 8490 0653
Old May 8th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Someone on Pokejungle said that that image was posted on dA some time ago. So I think they've confirmed its fake.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links