Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Starter Pokémon

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

I believe Chespin's line will be a Chestnut's stages.First the seed,then the chestnut and then the chestnut breaks in half open and BOOM chespin's final evo is on four legs with a huge spikey shell on its back.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 12th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Thought I should bring this to everyone's attention:

Quote:
Hariboogu is the Thorn Armour Pokémon. It is 0.7m, 29kg and has the ability Overgrow
I'm going to go ahead and predict that we're going to get a Grass/Steel Pokemon this time around for Chespin's final evo. Not that this is a bad thing by any chance, since Ferrothorn already shares this type and is greatly valued by it's overall bulk and number of resistances. If this is true, then Chespin's final evo could actually serve as a rather good check towards fairy-types, something I'm definitely looking forward to.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old September 12th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Thought I should bring this to everyone's attention:

I'm going to go ahead and predict that we're going to get a Grass/Steel Pokemon this time around for Chespin's final evo. Not that this is a bad thing by any chance, since Ferrothorn already shares this type and is greatly valued by it's overall bulk and number of resistances. If this is true, then Chespin's final evo could actually serve as a rather good check towards fairy-types, something I'm definitely looking forward to.
Did you translate the entree from the corocoro image?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 12th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
Did you translate the entree from the corocoro image?
I am making a prediction and/or guess. In short, I am speculation like everyone else is. I could very well be wrong.
VMPMAMA
Old September 12th, 2013 (11:40 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Did you noticed that the poll is wrong? If you count the voting precents you will get around 107 totally lol
Old September 12th, 2013 (11:58 AM).

Nature: Timid
I kinda like that evos. All of them.
And seems Fennekin/Teerunaa will be, almost surely, Fire/Psychic.
At least not Fire/Fight.

Old September 12th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Of course, at least people won't have to worry much about the final evo being Fire/Fighting. xD; The chain is finally broken, much to the relief of fire-type fans everywhere.
VMPMAMA
Old September 12th, 2013 (01:52 PM).

Fennekin's head is quite big for its body. I sure hope the fully evolved form looks badass

My Trade Shop Shiny Value: 3241
Old September 13th, 2013 (05:23 AM).
Shiver TheKid
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
So I saw the official pokemon twitter page post a video up of the 2nd evolution forms of our X & Y starter pokemon and all I gotta say is that froakie has the best 2nd evolution form. Fennikin turns into some fire/fairy type and holds a wand looking thing. Also mewto has 2 means evolution forms depending on what game you have ! Plus they showed garchomp and his mega evolution! Pretty bad ass. But what did you all think about the x and y evolutions for the starters?
Old September 13th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
Man's Best Friend
Silver Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Okay, so after seeing Chespin's evolution in battle in the new video, I'm inclined to pick Chespin again. It's evo doesn't look like a balloon in the fight so yay!! I'm happy once again.

Old September 13th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Run! Run for it!
Platinum Tier

Going to merge this thread with the existing Starter Pokémon thread since it's all pretty much the same discussion.
Old September 13th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

So with the new trailer revealed, I'm more excited than ever about Chespin's 2nd evo, as it's even cuter than I thought it was! What is everyone else's thoughts?

For anyone that hasn't watched the trailer yet, you can take a look at it here~!
VMPMAMA
Old September 13th, 2013 (05:56 AM).

So with the new trailer revealed, I'm more excited than ever about Chespin's 2nd evo, as it's even cuter than I thought it was! What is everyone else's thoughts?

For anyone that hasn't watched the trailer yet, you can take a look at it here~!
I really don't understand why the video change alot of people's opinion about chespin, for it not look any different from what we saw in the corocoro
Old September 13th, 2013 (05:58 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by metalhand:
I really don't understand why the video change alot of people's opinion about chespin, for it not look any different from what we saw in the corocoro
My view on Chespin's evo has always been the same. I suppose it was because it's one of those Pokemon that takes a while to warm up to, I suppose? I do think it's kinda silly that the hate train started just because Chespin gained some weight. .__.;
VMPMAMA
Old September 13th, 2013 (06:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by metalhand:
It kind of does. When I saw it in the video I was a little shocked honestly. It's just the different angles and the way it's rendered. I actually like it less after seeing the video.. But I'll still pick Chespin on the first go I think.
Old September 13th, 2013 (06:14 AM).

My view on Chespin's evo has always been the same. I suppose it was because it's one of those Pokemon that takes a while to warm up to, I suppose? I do think it's kinda silly that the hate train started just because Chespin gained some weight. .__.;
Actually ever since I saw his evo I got more interest in him.
Most pokemon which been covered by caccon, golem or something like it becoming something tottally different(look at Salamance which evolve from shelgon, and Tyranitar which evolve from pupitar).

By the way, the fact that chespin doesn't change alot making me believe that he will evolve at level 14, I think froakie and fennekin will evolve at level 16-17
Old September 13th, 2013 (06:36 AM).

With the recent screen shots shown, Braixen looks kinda mischievous with that smirk lol.

Old September 13th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I like the explanation they give for the stick on its tail. At least it doesn't seem like it's just there. Also, the screenshot of its stick on fire looks cool!

Since Fennekin's bio said it ate on a lot of twigs... "Once Fennekin evolves into Braixen, it no longer eats branches. But it still keeps a tree branch in its tail, which seems to calm the Pokémon."

Old September 13th, 2013 (06:54 AM).

[QUOTE=BeefTaco;7830998]With the recent screen shots shown, Braixen looks kinda mischievous with that smirk lol.

Meh The bottom portion of Braixen is pretty human-like.. Which is not what I like in a pokemon (unless it's a fighting/normal type). Unless the final evolution looks amazing I'll probably be switching my vote from Fennekin to Froakie

My Trade Shop Shiny Value: 3241
Old September 13th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
my heart pumps out old red paint
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I love how cool the starter evos' names look and they did do interesting themes there.

Quilladin is "quill" and "paladin", maybe this further hints to Chespin's final stage having a knight theme to it? Hoping that's the case, and also it's the first time we've had a Pokemon name starting with Q since 2nd Gen so that's an interesting fact there.

Braixen is from "braise" (French for live coal") and "vixen". I love how they used a French name there, makes it even moreso that Fennekin's line follows Piplup and Snivy's lines before it as being based on French royalty.

And Frogadier is "frog" and "brigadier". Don't know how that ties in to the speculated ninja/thief motif but it looks like an awesome name nonetheless. Pretty good job Game Freak did there with these name inspirations.

battle server | tumblr | profile | lovely pair
adoption center mentor | fairy-type club

Old September 13th, 2013 (07:18 AM).

Anyone else think that Fenniken's final evo will be Fire/Fairy?
It uses a Wand, which is a weapon of magic. The majority of faeries use magic, I think(correct me if I'm wrong) Also, it has similarities to a witch, which is a mythological creature that uses magic, so I'm pretty sure that a witch Pokemon would be classified as a fairy, not physic .

Friend safari: Fire type

Charmeleon Flechinder ??? (If you know please tell me)

My youtube(not much here):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c2c8xExPrjG-mTdbao_Yw
Old September 13th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Mini moose will rule you all

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
With the recent screen shots shown, Braixen looks kinda mischievous with that smirk lol.

When I first saw the official coro coro scan I had mixed feelings. But now seeing it in game I really like it a lot now, looks great I just gotta make sure I soft reset for a female :p
Old September 13th, 2013 (10:32 AM).

What do you guys make up of Frogadier's name, sound militaristic like Brigadier don't you think? Its French name is Croâporal as in Corporal which is also a rank in the Military. You guys think its final evolution will be based on something from the French Military?
Old September 13th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
Lover of Winter

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
What do you guys make up of Frogadier's name, sound militaristic like Brigadier don't you think? Its French name is Croâporal as in Corporal which is also a rank in the Military. You guys think its final evolution will be based on something from the French Military?
Now that you think about it, Froakie's name could be partially derived from "Rookie". So what's a higher rank? Frogeneral? Frommodore?

Also, I know I'm not the only one that sees Frogadiers head resembling a pilot's headgear and the bubbles resembling a scarf. Water/Flying frog pilot?
Old September 13th, 2013 (10:57 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Dillon_68:
Now that you think about it, Froakie's name could be partially derived from "Rookie". So what's a higher rank? Frogeneral? Frommodore?

Also, I know I'm not the only one that sees Frogadiers head resembling a pilot's headgear and the bubbles resembling a scarf. Water/Flying frog pilot?
That's a good look at the name's origins. Maybe it's final evolution will be Fronin (a combo of Frog and Jonin, or Frog and ninja) if it's final evolution is based off a ninja like the rumors say.

Sponsored Links