The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Pokemon X 153 34.85%
Pokemon Y 194 44.19%
Both 92 20.96%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:28 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
I want to know what these legendaries rule. What if Xerneas was the bringer of peace and Yveltal was the bringer of war.
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:36 AM
pokefan75
Professional Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
I quite liked the look of the Xerneas deer one but i don't like its legs cause they remind me of Arceus and i HATE Arceus! the other one looks really wierd its head looks cool but im not liking its colours or the big fat tail. I do like them but not as much as reshiram and zekrom i'm really looking forward to seeing how they play into the game and what types they are. im guessing the deer is like a grass-psychic type and the other is fire-dark type because they look it and it also makes them opposite.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Legend Thriller

Guys do you think Yveltal is possibly a part poison type?
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Thriller View Post
Guys do you think Yveltal is possibly a part poison type?
Probably not. It's most likely flying and "something". The more viable thing seems dark/fire here than really poison, which wouldn't really line up well with Xerneas given that if it's part steel or part grass, it's at a disadvantage.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefan75 View Post
I quite liked the look of the Xerneas deer one but i don't like its legs cause they remind me of Arceus and i HATE Arceus!
Heh. There's only so much you can do with the design of a stag-like Pokémon legs. Besides, if it helps, Arceus has much bulkier legs than Xerneas. Whereas Xerneas' legs look much slender and more like swords; which you have to admit, is pretty darn cool.

Now excuse me while I go look at my life choices after having just described the legs off of two Pokémon.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

The new legendaries are awesome looking! Not sure of their power though.. yet c;

Coming soon...
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Yveltal looks like it'll be a dragon/flying/fire type Pokémon or something along those lines, meanwhile Xerneas looks like it'll be a grass type. Although its antlers look as if they indicate some sort of multitype ability.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Yveltal looks like it'll be a dragon/flying/fire type Pokémon or something along those lines, meanwhile Xerneas looks like it'll be a grass type. Although its antlers look as if they indicate some sort of multitype ability.
From what you said. Yveltal could be Dragon/Fire Pokemon with Levitate. Sorta like what they did with Flygon. Xerneas could have an ability that alters it's second type while maintaining Grass as it's primary.

Old January 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Deniro
Unhatched Egg

Crazy how it's tied even with that many votes. I guess this means they did a good job

Not the biggest fan of Yvetals veiny look though. Xerneas looks amazing.

Old January 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Noel View Post
From what you said. Yveltal could be Dragon/Fire Pokemon with Levitate. Sorta like what they did with Flygon. Xerneas could have an ability that alters it's second type while maintaining Grass as it's primary.
Sounds about right. Yveltal looks so cool. Xerneas just reminds me of Sawsbuck (I hate them because they kept on using Hi-Jump kick on the battle subway with fighting gems in BW/2).
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, or have speculated this, but I saw an interesting theory by some fans on the web:

Quote:
Xerneas and Yveltal look very organic.
Xerneas might represent a Neuron, Yveltal might represent Muscles and Blood.
That means 2 of the 3 germ layers are covered.
Almost all animals develop out of 3 layers.
The third missing layer is the Endoderm.
The third legendary will represent the Endoderm.
Hm, if that's the case, and if we're still going along with the whole 'biology' theme of this pokemon game, perhaps these theories can shed a little light on what their types might be. Well, look - A neuron is an electrically excitable cell that processes and transmits information to the brain through electrical and chemical signals. So, Xerneas, representing that 'neuron' could potentially be an electric type! (with the key word 'electrically'). As for it's secondary type? Well, that can be in the air; it can be anything, imo. One of the types I'm leaning more towards is grass, because, well, I'm thinking that the trailer provided a sort of hint that it might be a grass type, because it was conveniently in a forest. Then again, it could also be a steel type, because its art sorta... 'looks' resembled from Dialga, maybe it can also be Psychic, since it miiight fit in with it's natural ability of making it's horns glow vibrant colors, or with this possible neuron theme.

As for Yvental, I guess from the theory that it can represent muscles and blood, could it be some sort of Dark or Water type? Well, even though blood is thicker than water, it -is- still technically a liquid. Then again, maybe it can be a poison type too? Since 'poison' can be an adaptable substance like toxic chemicals. As for muscles, well, fighting types pretty much resemble muscles, so could that be a possibility? Then again, I'm also leaning more towards it being a Dark / Flying type as well, from my primary... speculations.

Maybe their types can be something like that?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Anyone having any success in Decoding their Names ? The "Tree of Life" thingy isn't helping a lot.
Bulbapedia has something regarding a Celtic God for Xerneas but isn't he based on Norse mythology ?
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Pink Mommy
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Timid
Is it just me, or in the pictures they X legendary looks like a Y and the Y legendary looks like a Y?

Also, I preffer the Deer one. It looks like it were part of the Virizon/Cobalion family, but with cool antlers and sword legs.

Paired With LilJz123
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Probably not. It's most likely flying and "something". The more viable thing seems dark/fire here than really poison, which wouldn't really line up well with Xerneas given that if it's part steel or part grass, it's at a disadvantage.
Again, Kyogre>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Groudon.
The advantage wouldn't mean anything.

I still have no idea why anyone would even think of Fire there.
Poison on the other hand might actually have some basis, especially with how it looks from below, like its a freakin three armed virus-thingie that grabs hold of you and sucks the living heck out of you.

But they'd probably keep Poison for whatever will represent Nidhoggr...

btw wow, think of that, Poison/Dragon for Z, the serpent thats locked at the bottom of Yggdrasil o.o
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Pink Mommy
Pokemon Breeder

That serpent idea is acutally pretty cool.
I'd love to see that.

Paired With LilJz123
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
loucas
100% hot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

am i too late for the fact that maybe they were based on the creatures of the yggdrasil?

i was in Team Xerneas in the video, but when the Official art were released, Yveltal kinda shine more, it has this great impact on me, the looks, and the name, spell O-ZOM.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Midnite

I happen to like Xerneas and my brother likes yveltal so i will more then likely get both besides Xerneas is the X pokemon if you look at its eyes in the trailer they have an X in them

Click My egg to help it hach plz and my pokemon.
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
I really, REALLY don't want yveltal to b part fire.
They also got new sizes and weight. Yveltal is friggen HUGE, but xerneas is... still...heavier?

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

After some considering, I believe that it's a given that Yveltal will at least be part Flying type due to, well, the fact that it flies, as well as that article relating it to the bird atop the Yggdrasil tree, Xerneas' type though I am still not very sure about, but if it incorporates grass then it'd be at a disadvantage to Yveltal unless they both had secondary types that cancelled each other out.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Perhaps Xerneas' weight being more heavy than Yveltal ─ which is proven to be larger ─ is a clue that Xerneas is in fact part Steel? Just throwing it out there.
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Anyone having any success in Decoding their Names ? The "Tree of Life" thingy isn't helping a lot.
Bulbapedia has something regarding a Celtic God for Xerneas but isn't he based on Norse mythology ?
Bulbapedia also has a possible origin being Greek. The Ceryneian Hind, another mythological deer with golden antlers and hooves of brass. Which is a real good possibility for an origin given what Xerneas looks like.

Right now, it's difficult to say what they're based on, since we don't know much of anything about them or the region. (Yveltal could possibly be based on a South American bird, the quetzal.) It could be just Norse mythology or a mix of things, with Celtic, Greek, Norse and other various mythologies coming together for a fun mix of stories.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
The Norse myth is very fascinating, and I wouldn't be surprised if the legendaries got some of their inspiration from it. But I'm hoping that if that's the case and our "Z Pokémon" is the serpentine creature that it won't be another Dragon @@; Poison, sure, but not Dragon for me.

Also, I just realized that Ylveltal is trying to copy Lugia's invisible cheeseburger hand-wings. I wonder if his wing-tail-hand will be necessary to finish eating it? x3 I kid, I kid! But I do think their poses are a bit similar and I think it's kind of cute.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
I love both Xerneas and Yveltal's design very much. I may like Yveltal a tad more because of the colour combination and how it gives off an evil feel (I'm a fan of that kind of thing).
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Xerneas reminds me a lot of the Spirit of the Forest from Princess Mononoke, and while I really like Yveltal's design, I'll probably being hunting down Xerneas (that and the name rolls of my tongue way easier )
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Superfox

The design for Yveltal looks amazing. Much better than Xerneas imo. I don't like it as much as Zekrom or Reshiram (at least not yet), but it definitely is enough to make me choose Pokémon Y over Pokémon X.

I think Yveltal is most probably going to be a Dragon type or Flying type, possibly even a Dark type. Xerneas I think might be Electric because of its antlers, which look a little like Christmas lights. That'd be unique. I think the last Electric legendary we had was Zapdos, unless I'm forgetting one.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot Raikou and Zekrom. Oh well, I still stand by my statement. Out of 47 Legendary Pokémon, only 3 that I could think of were Electric-type. Meanwhile, the Legendaries are just brimming with Psychic types, Dragon types, and even Steel types.

Last edited by Superfox; January 15th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here