The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Pokemon X 153 34.85%
Pokemon Y 194 44.19%
Both 92 20.96%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I love the Wyvern look, it's more Wyvern like imo than Reshiram was.
The Elk though is awesome too though, those horns...

I can't wait to see pokemon "Z".
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Nature: Timid
I really like both of them. Truth be told, I like Xerneas a bit more than Yveltal, but that's only because Xerneas has a better shot visual-wise while Yveltal's view is still a bit murky, save for its general shape, so I'm still waiting for a better view.

Otherwise, this is one of the rare Generations for me wherein I like both mascots. These games should be promising.

Last edited by Taro Tanaka; January 9th, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I still cannot decide which one I would prefer, I'm teetering towards Yveltal cause of it's dark appearance though.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Well at least they have said how they're pronounced, or I would have never got it.

Quote:
We’ve been getting a lot of questions about the pronunciation of the new Legendary Pokémon names. So here they are, Trainers! The official English phonetic spelling for Xerneas is ZURR-nee-us, and for Yveltal is ee-VELL-tall. How many of you already had it right?
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Lady Gaga
♥ paired to Samme!

For Gen 4 I knew I wanted Dialga.
Gen 5, Resihram.
But now...for the first time ever I dont know which one I like more, they are both amazing. The past couple years they were all dragons, now these are so drastically different from each other, it isnt just a thing of colour scheme now.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Xerneas to me looks better, but we haven't really got a good look at Yveltal yet. I love Xerneas's horns, man they are majestic! Can't wait to find out types of these two amazing Pokemon!
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Docile
This is very cool. In terms of type I think they might do opposites like with Reshiram and Zekrom, Dialga and Palkia, and Groudon and Kyogre have done. Maybe they will introduce the Light type here. It would be very cool if the final battle was like in Black and White.
This has major details about the ending of Black and White do not continue reading unless you wish to be spoiled.
Spoiler:
Just like how you and N were on equal ground during the last battle.(It was set up in such a way that Reshiram/Zekrom would act last and Fusion Flare/Bolt would always deal double as a result to make up for being 2 levels below your opponet) Maybe, they would be set up in a way that they are both typed to have an advantage over each other. Which is where the Light type could come in having an advange over Dark move wise and a disadvantage type-wise

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

The names are kind of odd, but I'm fine with it. Yveltal is still my favorite, but I do like Xerneas too, as it looks quite mysterious, just staring off in the woods. I wonder what the story behind them will be?
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Matty Mayhem
Matty :3

Nature: Bold
The legendary for X looks much cooler, in my opinion.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Meet Xerneas and Yveltal

With the 6th Generation of Pokemon, comes a new set of legendaries; X and Y.

What are your opinions on these Pokemon? How do you think they look and talk about all speculation here.

Legendary Pokemon from 1:12 in:

Pictures:
I like X better, I know it's just a deer but it's still less overrated than a dragon, maybe if we could get a clearer picture without him glowing.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:44 PM
ANinyMouse

Other than Yveltal obviously being a Flying-type, I really can't for the life of me guess what types they will be. This time around, I'm not sure the color schemes are going to be very helpful... like how when Reshiram and Zekrom were released, we only were able to guess their types because of how their tails looked.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

The names are a bit weird and might be difficult to pronounce, but they sound elegant! I like them, as well as their looks. I like how they don't look related, and I hope they're not. The idea of the two main legends in Pokemon main games being related in some way is getting to be tired. Lugia and Ho-Oh had nothing to do with each other and I thought that was fine. But there's just no need for them to have some bind, so I hope there isn't. If it happens, then oh well, but still.

And I hope they're not Dragon types...if that's already been revealed though, sorry. Just got home, lol. :P
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:51 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Bambi from Pandora or a red kite.. Hmm

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I really like these legends. I am also having a hard time picking, especially because there aren't great clear images of each yet. I'm leaning towards Yveltal, but I still love Xerneas. Hoping they aren't dragon, mostly the flying one.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Community Supporter

I can't help but think that Yveltal is part Electric, seriously those black lines in it's underside look like bolts. So my guess is still Electric/ either Flying or Dark (if it's Dark than it should have levitate as it's ability).
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I totally love Xerneas than Yveltal since Xerneas just looks classy... And Yveltal just looks a big Y. :/

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I can't help but think that Yveltal is part Electric, seriously those black lines in it's underside look like bolts. So my guess is still Electric/ either Flying or Dark (if it's Dark than it should have levitate as it's ability).
I think dark/flying or NOTHING AT ALL. Because really it looks like dark, so it has to have dark somewhere. :( It's like wasting its potential! Or unless there's a new typing ;)
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Yveltal just constantly reminds me of the 5th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus lol. I can't wait to see a clearer image.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I definitely get the Dark feeling from Yveltal, although I feel it will be Dark/Flying obviously cause of its flying nature. Xerneas seems to be Grass mixed with maybe Steel or Psychic. I'd love to see a Light type which I think Xerneas would be, but hey I thought Zekrom was going to be Dragon/Dark and Reshiram Dragon/Light as they were part of the Tao trio. So the Light type may be pushing it.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Community Supporter

Actually Yvetal could be ghost too. When I first saw Darkrai I thought it was going to be part Ghost but it was not...this may be the reverse of that in which a dark looking pokemon is ghost type. Or maybe even better, Yvetal is a Dark/Ghost Pokemon with Levitate!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about their names... Well for Xerneas, all I can think of is the organization from the KH games :P
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm adoring Xerneas ahh, I've been waiting for a legendary like this! But Yveltal I'm really not so keen on right now. I know there's not much to base it on at the moment so fingers crossed for the future, but everything about it as of yet is pretty disappointing, especially the name :(
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about their names... Well for Xerneas, all I can think of is the organization from the KH games
Lol I thought of Xemnas too when I first heard it's name.

I think Yvetal being flat like gives it a yin yang relation to Xerneas as X is the flat axis while Y is the upward axis (the horns which make it seem tall and majestic)
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
ANinyMouse

Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I definitely get the Dark feeling from Yveltal, although I feel it will be Dark/Flying obviously cause of its flying nature. Xerneas seems to be Grass mixed with maybe Steel or Psychic. I'd love to see a Light type which I think Xerneas would be, but hey I thought Zekrom was going to be Dragon/Dark and Reshiram Dragon/Light as they were part of the Tao trio. So the Light type may be pushing it.
Oh, ditto on everything.

After noticing how Yveltal's top side is black with white diamonds, and the menacing claws and black horns... definitely looks like a Dark/Flying to me, now. A lot of the Japanese people are thinking this, too.

IF they were going to introduce a Light type, this would be a great time to do so. Any time is a great time, I guess. Hopefully it would bring some balance to the type chart. Xerneas' glowing horns and serene demeanor would be a good fit. I think I'd want to see a few old Pokemon pick up the type, though. Keep in mind, though, that since "Dark" in Japan is "Evil," "Light" in America would be "Good" in Japan. So although there might be some attacks that are based on actual light, like Aurora Beam and Flash, I think most of them wouldn't be. Almost all the Dark-type attacks are based on fighting dirty or cheating. A type based on doing the right thing and playing fair is kind of counter-intuitive for a game like this, since Light-type Pokemon would most likely seek not to fight if at all possible... though I suppose Light-types would seek to punish Dark-types.

Last edited by ANinyMouse; January 9th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Ugh... they do give me the same Light/Dark feeling I got when Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though, but It would surely be a breathe of fresh air to have to adapt to a new type, and to start of with a legendary representing it. I wouldn't even mind if Xerneas was the ONLY light type. I really wish we had Sugimori art for them...

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links