The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y
Ye 7 43.75%
Nae 3 18.75%
Not Sure 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Fire Slash makes total sense. Fire totally needs better moves and now's the time for it imo.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Yeah, I'm quite surprise we have yet to have elemental slashes...well beyond Oshawott's semi-signature move.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Forever
let it go

I can see Fiery Slash, but not really for Water/Grass. I mean grass isn't overly sharp and water is just... wet. XD; Sooo if anything we'd hopefully get like Fiery Slash. :3
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Community Supporter

We already have a grass version actually, Leaf Blade.
I meant Ice, Electric, Fire, Water slashes.
However...how about making a grass punch called Wood Punch that may cause flinching?
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh right Leaf Blade ahaha. Ice Slash would be awesome, so would Wood Punch! Don't think there'd be anything for electric, though...
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Community Supporter

Electro slash? I feel like if they make one Luxray will have it, and so will Raikou, and maybe even...Raichu.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Elemental Claws might work better, along the lines of Shadow Claw.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Community Supporter

Well shadow claw is a Ghost version of Slash... I guess they could call them claws too if they want to :3

How about making a water version of Double edge? We've already got grass and fire versions of the move but lack water.
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Not sure how water can really hit hard other than Waterfall. More Scald-like moves should appear tho imo.
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Nature: Calm
New powerful AND accurate Physical Water, Fire, Electric and Ice moves are needed in my view (with good distribution).

New powerful AND accurate one-turn Special Grass, Ghost, Rock and Steel moves are also needed in my opinion.

Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful). I think these would really mix up the metagame nicely, making Fire and Ice less useless defensively (although Rock types might still be favourable since they'd take half damage from Lava Rise...).

Perhaps Deep Freeze could cause the enemy to slip over on entry, causing more (and type-effective) damage the more the enemy weighs?

There could even be a Flying entry hazard - something like "Tornado" that would mess with the weight mechanics by picking everything up off the ground and tossing them about for damage. Flying-types (and possibly 'mons with Levitate) wouldn't take damage since they can control themselves in midair.

Thoughts?
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
New powerful AND accurate Physical Water, Fire, Electric and Ice moves are needed in my view (with good distribution).

New powerful AND accurate one-turn Special Grass, Ghost, Rock and Steel moves are also needed in my opinion.

Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful). I think these would really mix up the metagame nicely, making Fire and Ice less useless defensively (although Rock types might still be favourable since they'd take half damage from Lava Rise...).

Perhaps Deep Freeze could cause the enemy to slip over on entry, causing more (and type-effective) damage the more the enemy weighs?

There could even be a Flying entry hazard - something like "Tornado" that would mess with the weight mechanics by picking everything up off the ground and tossing them about for damage. Flying-types (and possibly 'mons with Levitate) wouldn't take damage since they can control themselves in midair.

Thoughts?
Cool ideas, but like you said some of them do seem overpowered.

Gen 6.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Personally, I think that the ones we currently have suffice enough. Sure, they may be inaccurate at times, but I feel that's to really balance out their power. After all, one wouldn't want to be taken a full on Fire Blast in Sun when there's a chance that it could miss though, right? :x

Quote:
Most importantly though, I'd like to see Fire and Ice versions of Stealth Rock - something like "Lava Rise" and "Deep Freeze" - that does damage on entry (with type-effective damage), or even burns/freezes on entry (although this might be too powerful).
I wouldn't mind this, but I think it'd be pushing it a bit much to have them burn/freeze on entry. Especially Deep Freeze, that would mean that every single Pokemon that isn't an Ice type gets frozen, and that wouldn't be good. D:

Quote:
I honestly think that SR would suffice, because Flying doesn't really hit many things super effectively. Meaning it'd probably only be useful for grass/bug types, but not much for other types out there, really.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post

Thoughts?
Deep Freeze sounds like it could be good, although I think I'd call it something like Ice Rink or Ice Skate idk, because Deep Freeze to me just makes me think of Kyurem and not an entry hazard move.
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:35 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I think i got a move..
How about this?

Name - Bubble Blade
Type - Water
Power - 70
Accuracy - 100
PP - 15

Throws sharp bubbles like a blade. Has a high critical ratio..
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Forever
let it go

Sounds good! Except maybe like, wave blade sounds better as they can be sharper than bubbles? :x
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:28 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Yaa, like water version of aeroblast..
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Forever
let it go

So we do actually have Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot confirmed. With these in mind, what else do you think we'll get (that seem to be suited to the new Pokemon?) Maybe something like a new type of Head Smash exclusive for Gogoat and previous Bulls?
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Community Supporter

I don't think Gogoat's line will be getting an exclusive move. Maybe Fletchling will learn a fire version of Sky attack in it's final form?
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
I was recently playing Pokemon White 2 and found one of these trainers:

Who said "a flood of attacks from three Pokemon..." *hits B button* "I know! 'Jetstream' attack! Let's call it that." I thought this might be a new move that would be debuted in X & Y.

What do you guys think?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
I think it may reference a new battle mechanic for double and triple battles with moves combining to form a new attack, like the pledge attacks did, but with maybe all attacks doing something like this... Maybe rotation battles will allow combos like that too somehow.

Old May 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Or it may simply be a random NPC saying something weird just like every other random NPC in every Pokemon game ever =P

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So we do actually have Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot confirmed. With these in mind, what else do you think we'll get (that seem to be suited to the new Pokemon?) Maybe something like a new type of Head Smash exclusive for Gogoat and previous Bulls?
If Parabolic Charge is the electrical equivalent to Absorb, then I can imagine there might be equally equivalent electric type moves to Mega Drain and Giga Drain.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:18 PM
MarinoKadame

Wonder if Helioptile gonna get an electric attack like Solar Beam and Hyper Beam.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
If Parabolic Charge is the electrical equivalent to Absorb, then I can imagine there might be equally equivalent electric type moves to Mega Drain and Giga Drain.
Not necessarily- Horn Leech, Drain Punch and Leech Life don't have any same-type variants.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Or it may simply be a random NPC saying something weird just like every other random NPC in every Pokemon game ever =P
Hopes and dreams crushed :c

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here