The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y
Ye 7 43.75%
Nae 3 18.75%
Not Sure 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Advertise here
That rumour about the Poison type move named Belch with a Base Power of 120 seems plausible, we haven't got a strong type Poison move and it sounds really fitting to its typing. I can imagine it being used by the likes of Weezing, Muk, Swalot etc.

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
That rumour about the Poison type move named Belch with a Base Power of 120 seems plausible, we haven't got a strong type Poison move and it sounds really fitting to its typing. I can imagine it being used by the likes of Weezing, Muk, Swalot etc.
I definitely agree, but maybe holding a berry shouldn't be a requirement to use it, as it would limits its use quite a lot.

let's say maybe the move could have a base power of 120 when used with a berry, and after that it would drop to about a base power of 65? Would make it still usable in battle. And maybe it could have an added effect depending on the type of berry the Pokemon holds?
Would make for a lot of options

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:46 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I definitely agree, but maybe holding a berry shouldn't be a requirement to use it, as it would limits its use quite a lot.

let's say maybe the move could have a base power of 120 when used with a berry, and after that it would drop to about a base power of 65? Would make it still usable in battle. And maybe it could have an added effect depending on the type of berry the Pokemon holds?
Would make for a lot of options
I think it should be based at 60... If you eat a berry the turn before with the trainer using it, then it goes up to 90 and if you eat a held berry or through an attack that eats the opponent's berry, it goes up to 120... Lowered if the berry gives an additional effect.

Old May 20th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I mean, we have Gunk Shot already that's 120 BP and 70 accuracy. I don't really think we'd need another one like that. I like the idea of having it affected by Berry usage though (both because it seems like a cool move concept, plus it means Berries would come back =P).
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Hey guess what?
I HAVE A TIME MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about going back in time so I can join Gamefreak and make new moves and stuff.

For my first idea, I was thinking of an electric move that I could put into the game. Something like U-Turn? Anyway, it is a special electric move with 20PP and 70 base power. I have been trying to think of a name for ages, but I just couldn't think of any.

Suggestions anyone?

I have already thought of other moves too. I really like Mewtwo, so why why not give him a special move? It would probably be a psychic move, 100 base power, and I'm thinking of the possible side effects of this new move. Psystrike sounds like a cool name.

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; June 11th, 2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Sagiri

This has probably been suggested, but some kind of physical Hidden Power.

Hidden Power, though not very strong, even maxed out, can be very fun to use in-game, and can be useful for type-coverage for Pokemon with limited movepools. However, any Pokemon that are primarily physical based are just out of luck.
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:29 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hmm not sure just leave it to the upcoming time and then it will finally show up.....
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Papajones33

we need a strong normal type move with no backdrops coz duble edge and take down are not too good and hyper beem
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bear View Post
This has probably been suggested, but some kind of physical Hidden Power.

Hidden Power, though not very strong, even maxed out, can be very fun to use in-game, and can be useful for type-coverage for Pokemon with limited movepools. However, any Pokemon that are primarily physical based are just out of luck.
I agree with this person, I'd love to see a physical counterpart to Hidden Power that can suit those physical-oriented Pokemon with shallow movepools, like Flareon. I'd be a bit confused as to what they'd call it though.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old July 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Guys Guys how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?
Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I had a pretty fun dream about a grass type entry hazard. It works like Toxic Spikes just not a status damage. The attack leaves the field surrounded in a spore cloud. When Pokemon switch in they get leech seeded. Grass types get their immunity but don't destroy the ability.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
4768fitz

Gang up:

A random pokemon from your team is sent out to gang up on the opponent and you may attack with both of them as if it were a double battle. It has like 5pp or something and once a pokemon faints you have to use it again to repeat the move. It can be used twice to get three pokemon on the go.

If that is too overpowered maybe the opponent is able to send out more pokemon too when the move is activated.

Obviously it can't be used if you only have one pokemon!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Status Shock, a psychic move that have 50 base accuracy and the effect of the attack is that when you use it, your opponent is hit with a random status effect (Burn, poison, frozen or sleep)
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajones33 View Post
we need a strong normal type move with no backdrops coz duble edge and take down are not too good :( and hyper beem
Return? Has a max base power of 102.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
A few more ideas just came up in my head.

ShortCircuit: An Electric-type equivalent of Explosion, which faints the user but does huge damage to everything around it.

Fog: A weather condition which lowers accuracy of all Pokemon on the field. Doesn't affect Pokemon with Keen Eye or anything like that.

Barrel Roll: One of Boilurn's signature moves. It is the Steel-type equivalent of Rollout. It starts with 35 base power and is doubles each turn. It's base power is doubled when it uses Withdraw, rather than Defense Curl.

Boil: A unique Fire-type status move (We need more of those don't we?) which gives the opposing Pokemon a burn the next time it makes contact with this Pokemon.
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I had a pretty fun dream about a grass type entry hazard. It works like Toxic Spikes just not a status damage. The attack leaves the field surrounded in a spore cloud. When Pokemon switch in they get leech seeded. Grass types get their immunity but don't destroy the ability.
I really like this actually. SubSeeding is a pretty relevant stall strategy. Adding in that passive damage, plus healing your team, would make stall become much more viable again. Of course, it'd have to be similar to Stealth Rock in the sense that you couldn't stack layers up to do more damage. Otherwise this is a fantastic idea. Honestly, just more varied entry hazards in general that do different forms of passive damage would be cool. Maybe Flaming Spikes that would cause burn upon switching in?
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Status Shock, a psychic move that have 50 base accuracy and the effect of the attack is that when you use it, your opponent is hit with a random status effect (Burn, poison, frozen or sleep)
That looks like a pretty fun move although that accuracy looks unappealing.

I also thought of a new idea for an attack, I'd like to see a special-based variant of Foul Play that calculates the foe's Special Attack stat when doing the damage. The Foul Play we already know is physical based so a special counterpart would be pretty cool.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old July 9th, 2013, 09:32 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
On the topic of entry hazards, how about a grass hazard that cause Paralysis? Like Paralyzing spores?
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
On the topic of entry hazards, how about a grass hazard that cause Paralysis? Like Paralyzing spores?
An entry hazard that deals paralysis would be more electric imo. Would make ParaFlinchers easier to set up but too many abilities make it almost not worth investing in.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:41 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
How about one that causes sleep? It may result in a rise of pokemon with Insomia.

Do you guys think Xerneas and Yvetal's signature moves will have any other effects? Also do you think they maybe two turn like Kyurem's? Or work like Dialga's Roar of Time?
Old July 12th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Nite Ace

There's this DARK type move that acts like U-Turn and Volt Switch but instead of dealing damage it lowers the opponent's Atk and Sp.Atk. It has been confirmed but I forgot the name. Can you imagine the momentum you could gain or keep it going in the metagame via this move? Its something I'm looking forward to.
Old July 12th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ace View Post
There's this DARK type move that acts like U-Turn and Volt Switch but instead of dealing damage it lowers the opponent's Atk and Sp.Atk. It has been confirmed but I forgot the name. Can you imagine the momentum you could gain or keep it going in the metagame via this move? Its something I'm looking forward to.
Parting Shot! Definitely seems like something that will be thrown into VoltTurn core teams to keep up momentum. Admittedly it just sounds like something that would make it even easier to abuse (since as long as you can keep hazards off the field VoltTurn is a pretty easy strategy to abuse), so I'm not a giant fan of it in that sense. Just as a stand-alone move I do like it though.
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:14 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Guys Guys how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?
This looks interesting! But it should be limited to Grass pokes though...

Another move I would really like is a move that boosts the user's accuracy, called something like "Tight Eyes" or "Sharp Lens", would be really nice & would help benefit from moves like Hypnosis & Sleep Powder.
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
...Isn't that just a grass version of Double Team?

And I agree with what a member above said about needing a powerful normal attack... I mean Return is fine for competitive where the damage will always be at max but it's a pain in-game.

I wonder if Moonblast will be the Fairy equivalent to Surf/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam... Or it could be the Hydro Pump/Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard counterpart?
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Quote:
how about a status move called Grass Pile in which the user hides in a pile of grass thus raising evasion?
I quite like this idea too, although I'm not sure about it raising evasion. It feels more like a defense boosting move, rather than evasion, although if that move raises both defense and evasion that would be cool, and would certainly make it unique. It could be used generally on Pokemon that can cover themselves such as Swadloon and Tangrowth.

A couple more moves came off the top of my head:
One move I thought of is Toxic Tongue, which does 40 damage and has a 50% chance to badly poison the target. I think this will be more reliable than Poison Fang.

Another idea of mine is to have an Ice-type trapping move, such as Flurry Blow. It basically a cold gust of wind launched at the target, and it damages every turn, just like Whirlpool etc.

Another thought is Tsunami, a special Water-type phazing move which works just like Dragon Tail.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here