Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: 3D Graphics good or Bad?
Good 105 88.98%
Bad 7 5.93%
Dosen't Matter 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
I saw the trailer, and it seems like the battle now uses models now. I don't mind, but I really miss the sprites.
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm actually really glad they've transitioned from sprites to models, because I'm still not a huge fan of the pixels from the sprites we see during the battles in the Fifth Gen games. It'll be nice to have battles looking sharp and clean once again.

Also, since this relates the the graphics in X/Y, I've merged your thread here.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've actually waited a very long time for this transition. I'm fond of games that use models (such as Pokemon Colosseum and XD), because the battles would look so much more life-like, so to speak. Especially since, assuming if moves do make contact in these games like they would in the console versions, that would honestly just be icing on the cake.

Sure, the graphics style isn't a huge explosion of amazing or anything, but I'm satisfied with it at this point, and that's really just how I want to play my Pokemon games from now on.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Guy
just a guy

Loads of new high quality images showcasing the new graphics and this is just a few of them! Not sure I like how the new HP bar though or how they placed it.

Last edited by Guy; May 14th, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm honestly in love with the new graphics. From the first trailer we got up to now, the graphics look like they've taken a gianst leap in quality. I'm so pleased with how the models are turning out, plus I like the status screen for Chespin too (Also level 5 Vine Whip, niceeeeeeeeeee). I'm actually pretty fond of the new HP bar, making it more minimalistic and out of the way than before.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Did you guys see the Nitro Charge ?

Holy Crap !
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

I'm loving the detail in the background. It makes battles feel more dynamic.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

The new move animations definitely look awesome.That fire looks awesome, and it did with Fennekin using Fire Spin during the trailer as well. The leap over to the 3DS provided Pokémon to grow a lot and make all the different graphical factors the game has move from sprites to actually full-fledged animations. I know I'm starting to parrot myself, but the leap over to the new handheld was the best move they've made this whole generation.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Is it just me or does it look like the graphics improved a lot since the very first gameplay video surfaced? Am I just seeing things?
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Is it just me or does it look like the graphics improved a lot since the very first gameplay video surfaced? Am I just seeing things?
They definitely have. The very first trailer seemed very low-quality and grainy with the movement, but the new graphics seem much more crisp and clean than they have previously, even with movement occurring. They have definitely polished up the graphics in the past few months, and it's definitely a large improvement from the first trailer.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I can honestly say that these graphics are just plain Beautiful

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
the graphics are great!
can't wait, i want this game now!
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I like the graphics better, however I hope they can still refine them if they aren't done with the game yet, that way it'll be even more beautiful.
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
metalhand

by the way did you noticed how the protogonist react to different things in the city?
i really liked it!
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
There's been so much progression in terms of graphics since we saw that trailer in January, if this is only half way I can't wait to see the final result.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

It looks a lot better now than it did with the original trailer.

I still don't understand why the battles look so much better than the other graphics in the game. Someone at GF isn't pulling their weight methinks.

It's still beautiful though.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
You can see both the Male and Female protagonist in the same picture.

And the female don't have her hat.
Oh yeah, I see her right there in the top right.

He still have no clue who Brown n Curly is though.

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Honestly they might just be NPC characters. It looks like the character speaking is just saying her little text blurb before the battle starts. The other character is stumping me though. It could either be a double battle initiated because you stepped into both of their eye lines, or it could be a companion following you maybe?
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Honestly they might just be NPC characters. It looks like the character speaking is just saying her little text blurb before the battle starts. The other character is stumping me though. It could either be a double battle initiated because you stepped into both of their eye lines, or it could be a companion following you maybe?
Since NPC means Non-Player-Character, then of course all 3 of em are NPCS, it's just the girl in the top right is pretty obviously an NPC version of the female protag as she's wearing the exact same clothes.

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Bad word choice there, but yes of course they're all NPCs =P I guess I should have said they're minor NPC that just appear to be trainer classes, not much else. Of course, the female protagonist there probably means that whichever gender character you don't pick will be incorporated into the storyline somehow like previous generations have done.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Since NPC means Non-Player-Character, then of course all 3 of em are NPCS, it's just the girl in the top right is pretty obviously an NPC version of the female protag as she's wearing the exact same clothes.
Well she don't have her hat.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Rayquaza 97
Draco Meteor.

Nature: Modest
I'm actually in love with the graphics in the new trailer. It's obvious that GF have worked pretty hard on the game since the first trailer and things just seem, crisper.
This signature has been disabled.
That image is way too large. The limit is 600 pixels in width and 350 pixels in height. Resize the picture if you want to still use it.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
The graphics in the new trailer look much improved since we first saw the game in January.

It's great to see so much time, effort and love is being put into the game.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
jellotime91

No me gusta that ugly HP bar.

The aliased text and tiny elements are not good on the 3DS, especially on the very edges of the screen...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here