Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I can only assume this means all of the English translation of names, cities etc will come at the same pace as we receive the information.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:20 AM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I didn't see it coming but it's definitely a good thing. Now I won't have to wait for the English release and be spoiled with the Japanese players talking about it. There was alot of thing I knew about Black 2 and White 2 before I even bought it and it was hard to avoid spoilers. I'm thinking worldwide means they'll all be released on the same date so it;'s definitely a good thing.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
It's a new thing that Japan and English version will be releasing at the same time but it's a good thing for us because I think that a very few people knows Japanese except people from Japan but English is talked worldwide. So we don't have to wait for a game of our language.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Yamiidenryuu

My birthday happens to be conveniently located in October, so I am pleased with this.

... Of course, it's October 1st, so I likely won't be getting it for my birthday unless mom takes a rain check on one of my presents, but there's always birthday money.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
They FINALLY did this! Something I noticed was that when it was released in Japan and the ROMs came out that people would get them with the English packs and not buy the game... Hopefully this deters that from happening!

I'm super excited for it though.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
This is certainly something new, but I think it's awesome. Finally, no waiting over a year to play a game I've been anticipating for just as long! No memorizing all of the Japanese information before I have the chance to hear anything in English! No incredible spoilers before I get to experience the games myself! No . . . oh my God, no a lot of things and many other yes to good things!
I think you can tell that I am ever so slightly excited. I'm supposed to be working on stuff in Art right now. Yeah, I shouldn't have logged on to PC. Now there's no way my Art is getting done. @_@ Now to go to lunch next period and gossip with my friend to sound like a pokemon genius! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
... Of course, it's October 1st, so I likely won't be getting it for my birthday unless mom takes a rain check on one of my presents, but there's always birthday money.
Lol, my bf's birthday happens to be the same day. Thanks, now I'll remember to save enough money to buy the games and a 3DS for him too. xD
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I see it like this:

Japan - Wednesday 16th October 2013
Europe - Friday 18th October 2013
US - Sunday 20th October 2013
Australia - Thursday 24th October 2013
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
We got a localised Nintendo Direct at the same time, so I guess it's only logical the games release around the same time or so. The localization folks even went as far as to localise whatever they could that showed in the trailer too.

You can tell that they're being serious about their worldwide release.
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
The good thing about this is we'll finally be able to avoid spoilers.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

What are you going to say if there's a 3 day gap between releases and then "RED IS THE CHAMPION" pops up on Twitter?
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
What are you going to say if there's a 3 day gap between releases and then "RED IS THE CHAMPION" pops up on Twitter?
Then avoid all social media until you play the game! XDDD
But it is good that they do look like they are taking the whole World Wide seriously.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:21 AM
StarUmbreon
Unhatched Egg

This is going to be interesting. Not only do I need to save up for the games but now I need to buy a whole new system since I now have a reason to do so. I'm in desprate need of a job asap because that is sure to put a dent in my pockets. But on the bright side this is AWESOME! I fell in love with Fennekin so That's gonna be my Starter for Pokemon X but now I have to choose between Chespin & Froakie for Pokemon Y.
R|S Remake Team

Ruby Remake

Sapphire Remake
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I am surprised, honestly. I wonder what inspired this.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
This makes me happy. At first I was thinking, "Damn, 3DS is region locked so I can't import and have the game early anymore." Then I went to watch the trailer and it said worldwide this October. Had to do a double take at that, haha. This makes me happy though, since the wait won't seem so bad now that it's October 2013 for everyone. It seems like a long way away, but in the last three years, I've really figured out that time goes...waaaay too fast haha. So it'll be here in no time really.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM
dieter57
pokemon master

Nature: Hardy
It seems that game freak has heard our cries! My birthday is in September but I'm sure ill be getting it on the release date his time. Amazon preorder here I come...
Black 2 FC: 2581 1037 2587

I'M BACK IN
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Livewire
ヒトモシ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
A worldwide release in the age of globalization is a nice touch. We can all start the game at the same time, and not have to wait for it to make its way overseas.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Definitely a nice decision to do a worldwide release; the waiting game was the hardest part for me and now we can just get it around the same time as everyone else. No more spoiling it for myself either out of impatience, whoo! :3;

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I have to say this a great thing! I can only think of good things (well, we will all connect at once worldwidely to the GTS or whatever it is called in the new games and the servers will go down lol hopefully, they will be ready for things like these). Eventually we will play at the same time Japaneses do! This is like the dream of any non-Japanese Pokemon fan :D

Allez, hop!
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
KazukoHimura
I'm not a punching bag!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to KazukoHimura
...about why they're able to get the games released at the same time in all areas.

Me and a friend theorized it's because they only had to make 3D models for the new generation. The models in Pokedex 3D Pro are what they're using in X/Y! So they've had months to work on the models XD
I am ALWAYS looking for a good roleplay!
Just a romhacker/rper/fanfic writer/MMO Gamer/Vocaloid fan/MMD video and model maker that isn't a corrupted loon.
Founder of the Chaos!AU and the Vocluster team.
Huge gijinka fan, and addicted to lab-based stories with them.
My OC is Kazuko Himura, and I swear to god she's an animated actor with a black hole for a stomach.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:32 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazukoHimura View Post
...about why they're able to get the games released at the same time in all areas.

Me and a friend theorized it's because they only had to make 3D models for the new generation. The models in Pokedex 3D Pro are what they're using in X/Y! So they've had months to work on the models XD
1. Lol Nope
2. They are Using Cel-Shaded Models in X and Y not the Ones in the Pokedex 3D
They Would Have been working on X and Y long before Pokedex 3D Came Out
ShubLink has been Discontinued and will be Replaced by a new service
Friend Codes
[Pokemon Black]: 3096 8948 7035 [OT: Chris ID: 15969]
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp