The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Oh, well in that case HURRAH (unless those people had that idea in this thread in which case it's kind of embarrassing).

I was thinking a hydra of sorts, myself. Fairly massive, three heads, Poison/Dragon type and fabulous sweeping stats. I've always been a huge Arbok/Seviper fan so I'd like at least one of them to be usable
They... did :x Well somewhat, ya. OH WELL you weren't to know!!

Ooh. While I don't really like the idea of a poison type being really powerful, an evolution of Arbok into a dragon doesn't actually seem so crazy. Buuut there was Hydreigon only just really released last generation so it might be a little too similar, as I kind of visualise it when you say that anyway. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM
François
Earth! Wind! Fire! Water!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Ooh. While I don't really like the idea of a poison type being really powerful, an evolution of Arbok into a dragon doesn't actually seem so crazy. Buuut there was Hydreigon only just really released last generation so it might be a little too similar, as I kind of visualise it when you say that anyway.
My idea would look more like Cyber End Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh (except not a machine and less massive, obviously) but you have a good point about the hydra concept being done so recently. I'd hope the fact that the additional heads here wouldn't be arms and it's not airborne would make it different enough to exist, but it's just a random idea and GF will presumably go down a completely different route if they ever do make an Arbok evo.
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:
HOLY! Can we please take a second to appreciate the beauty that is fanart? These eeveelution ideas are pretty amazing to say the least. Although, if we were given a Flying-type eeveelution, then I'm not sure so much about the poodle design. It's cute, but it seems a little much. I always pictures small angelic wings on its back or tiny wings on its legs similar to the shoes of Hermes, the Greek Messenger of the Gods. But those are some pretty amazing ideas.

Quote:
My idea would look more like Cyber End Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh (except not a machine and less massive, obviously) but you have a good point about the hydra concept being done so recently. I'd hope the fact that the additional heads here wouldn't be arms and it's not airborne would make it different enough to exist, but it's just a random idea and GF will presumably go down a completely different route if they ever do make an Arbok evo.
I'd imagine that if ever Arbok were to gain a final stage and end up as a Poison/Dragon, I picture more of a serpent-like dragon ─ hopefully without the wings. To base it off of the Hydra, would scream Hydreigon too much as Nica mentioned earlier. Not to mention, it wouldn't help that their color patterns, at least the purple with a dark gray / black would seems quite similar already.

Although, a two-headed snake might not be out of the question. Two heads at opposite ends of the body. There are snakes like that, but I'm just not sure if it would be the right sort of move to make with an Arbok evolution. Or maybe my imagination of what it might actually look like blurs my thought of it actually happening.

Last edited by Guy; January 20th, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
HOLY! Can we please take a second to appreciate the beauty that is fanart? These eeveelution ideas are pretty amazing to say the least. Although, if we were given a Flying-type eeveelution, then I'm not sure so much about the poodle design. It's cute, but it seems a little much. I always pictures small angelic wings on its back or tiny wings on its legs similar to the shoes of Hermes, the Greek Messenger of the Gods. But those are some pretty amazing ideas.
So badly want that ground and that flying design to be real XD; I mean the ground one looks like an actual warrior whereas the flying one has the Eevee face. But since most people are speculating on ground occurring (iirc!), I hope that occurs. :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Seeing the discussions in this thread really makes me think that poison types like Arbok really do deserve an evolution of some sort, even if the evolution itself is more or less lackluster, it would be better than nothing, after all. XD

Ariados might do well with a third evolution, maybe? It's not super strong or anything, and I can see an evolution that could be a lot stronger than it. What do you guys think?
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
I was thinking they could make a pre-evo for Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant, all in one. Have a young calf that's pink (to look like Miltank) with a similar mane as Tauros, with a puff of hair that goes from the mane to the top of it's head (which becomes Bouffalant's afro). Have the evolution be: female: Miltank, male: Tauros, male & special condition: Bouffalant. Maybe add a new female to the mix, to simulate Bouffalant (Miltank and Tauros where one generation apart too, after all).
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
I was thinking they could make a pre-evo for Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant, all in one. Have a young calf that's pink (to look like Miltank) with a similar mane as Tauros, with a puff of hair that goes from the mane to the top of it's head (which becomes Bouffalant's afro). Have the evolution be: female: Miltank, male: Tauros, male & special condition: Bouffalant. Maybe add a new female to the mix, to simulate Bouffalant (Miltank and Tauros where one generation apart too, after all).
Bouffalant has a 50:50 chance of being either Male or Female so they can't add a second Pokemon that is gender specific.

Besides that, like with Alomomola, it is confirmed by Gamefreak that Bouffalant is not related to Tauros/Miltank in any way, shape, or form. I'd prefer if they don't link any Gen 5 Pokemon to past ones like they have it now.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:
HOLY ****! I want that poison-type, ghost-type, flying-type and bug-type. They are awesome!!

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; January 20th, 2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: we have a censor jsyk
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster

Quote:

Spoiler:
My personal favs are the Dragon, Steel, and Fighting. As for the dragon, I would hope that the wings would be a little bit larger, because to me withought bigger wings it seems to imitate as a bat, thus a Dark type pokemon, but the general design is amazing. As for the steel, I think the little gear collar is just adorable . And as for the Fighting, it flat out shows a fighting type hands down. The gauze wrapping, the nose scuff, and just the emotion this pokemon seems to express just screams "tough" in all ways. Extreme praise to whoever created these eveelutions.

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClumzyTrainR13 View Post
My personal favs are the Dragon, Steel, and Fighting. As for the dragon, I would hope that the wings would be a little bit larger, because to me withought bigger wings it seems to imitate as a bat, thus a Dark type pokemon, but the general design is amazing. As for the steel, I think the little gear collar is just adorable . And as for the Fighting, it flat out shows a fighting type hands down. The gauze wrapping, the nose scuff, and just the emotion this pokemon seems to express just screams "tough" in all ways. Extreme praise to whoever created these eveelutions.
The fighting-type evolution, somehow, reminds me of Houndour.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
Perhaps a pre-evo of Throh/Sawk, similar to what Tyrogue was to Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan? Hopefully not with the same thoroughly aggravating evolution conditions - getting a Hitmontop back in the day took me ages - but something similar...the two are very similar, so it'd make sense for them to have a shared pre-evo, I think.

It's far less likely to happen, but I'd quite like to see a Lunatone/Solrock pre-evo as well; one which evolves when a Sun Stone or Moon Stone is used on it. Not enough Pokemon evolve with either of those stones, so it'd be nice to see them get a little more use. I think Banette could use a Reaper Cloth evolution, as well...Dusclops got Dusknoir with the fourth gen, and seeing Banette becoming an occult monstrosity would be interesting.

I'd also like to see an adorable Druddigon pre-evo, because I almost feel sorry for it for how utterly useless and ugly it is. It needs something like that so it at least has SOME appeal.

Old January 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
s2daam

I would actually quite like for GameFreak to "clean up" in terms of the evolutions and everything. I mean, Mr. Mime? Seaking? 50:50 GENDER RATIO? No. I want GameFreak to somehow alter this. I mean, say these games are set after all other games, maybe something has been discovered to change them? I mean, there can't just be a magical change which means they change who they become, it would be a joke. Something like a species change?

Think of it, Mr. Mime can be male or female. However, there comes a time where Mime Jr. has to for some reason "adapt" to a change which means that Mime Jr. now evolves into a new species named Mrs. Mime. Because of this, the female "Mr. Mime's" are slowly becomign extinct and are dieing out. In terms of past games, you can still trade female Mr. Mime's into the game, however, female Mr. Mime's are just no longer available in the wild.

Also, in terms of linking already-existing Pokémon together - possibly a discovery of an item to do so. These items may only be available in certain regions, or only just discovered - the reason why these evolution links have never been discovered.

I just feel like these "inconsistencies" need to be fixed! Sooner rather than later!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:45 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

Nature: Brave
Ok. I'm a mokey pokemon FREAK!! LOVED the Pans and the Simis, I didn't hate Mankey or Primeape, Chimchar was my baby, but Aipom is my LOVE!! Or, at least, he used to be, until he was ruined by that idiot Ambipom. WHAT'S THE DEAL?!?

Anyway, I was just saying that I'd hate for them to ruin one of the cool Pokemon, like Pinsir, a disgusting, ugly, unloveable evolution/prevolution like they did with Aipom/Ambipom.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:28 PM
DTep
Arcanine4evar

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
I would actually quite like for GameFreak to "clean up" in terms of the evolutions and everything. I mean, Mr. Mime? Seaking? 50:50 GENDER RATIO? No. I want GameFreak to somehow alter this. I mean, say these games are set after all other games, maybe something has been discovered to change them? I mean, there can't just be a magical change which means they change who they become, it would be a joke. Something like a species change?

Think of it, Mr. Mime can be male or female. However, there comes a time where Mime Jr. has to for some reason "adapt" to a change which means that Mime Jr. now evolves into a new species named Mrs. Mime. Because of this, the female "Mr. Mime's" are slowly becomign extinct and are dieing out. In terms of past games, you can still trade female Mr. Mime's into the game, however, female Mr. Mime's are just no longer available in the wild.

Also, in terms of linking already-existing Pokémon together - possibly a discovery of an item to do so. These items may only be available in certain regions, or only just discovered - the reason why these evolution links have never been discovered.

I just feel like these "inconsistencies" need to be fixed! Sooner rather than later!
Even though this is a huge mess up on GameFreaks's part, it is one that will never be fixed in my opinion. We will have female Mr. Mimes forever, as crazy as that is. And it is one I'm sure they realized they made, and for five generations have not fixed it, so I doubt they are in any rush to do so just because this is the 6th generation.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTep View Post
Even though this is a huge mess up on GameFreaks's part, it is one that will never be fixed in my opinion. We will have female Mr. Mimes forever, as crazy as that is. And it is one I'm sure they realized they made, and for five generations have not fixed it, so I doubt they are in any rush to do so just because this is the 6th generation.
Hm... I never really realized that there were female Mr. Mimes, knowing that it's name indicates that it's male. Yeah, it sounds really weird. Hopefully in Pokémon X and Y that they'll fix this sort of thing and introduce a new Pokémon, then so that Mime Jr. could either evolve into Mr. Mime or the new Pokémon, depending on what gender it is.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~

Nature: Gentle
Oh my gosh, a kangaskhan Pre-evo, then we can see the adorableness~

Journey's, something a person will need once in a lifetime.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2daam View Post

How are weird english names for Pokemon, gamefreaks fault? The original names don't have these issues.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
eXeMegadeth
Why are we here?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugamosu View Post
Oh my gosh, a kangaskhan Pre-evo, then we can see the adorableness~
Sadly, it actually almost needs its own evolution instead. A Pre-evo is what we always wanted for it, but in my opinion it would be as useless as chingling.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeMegadeth View Post
Sadly, it actually almost needs its own evolution instead. A Pre-evo is what we always wanted for it, but in my opinion it would be as useless as chingling.
I think a majority of people ask for a Kangaskhan pre-evo, because of the child it carries in its pouch. When you breed a Kangaskhan, you end up hatching a Kangaskhan with a baby already there. That hardly makes any sense. Even though the PokéDex entries are never followed literally in the games, it would still be nice for the sake of consistency and logic to hatch a pre-evolution of a fully formed Kangaskhan.

That being said, an evolution would be awesome. Looking at its base stats, an evolution of Kangaskhan could be a real powerhouse both in-game and in competitive play. With a possible secondary type and a good movepool (which it pretty much already has), you're just asking for trouble [in the best way possible].
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Midnight Bear
AKA Vhin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I think a majority of people ask for a Kangaskhan pre-evo, because of the child it carries in its pouch. When you breed a Kangaskhan, you end up hatching a Kangaskhan with a baby already there. That hardly makes any sense. Even though the PokéDex entries are never followed literally in the games, it would still be nice for the sake of consistency and logic to hatch a pre-evolution of a fully formed Kangaskhan.

That being said, an evolution would be awesome. Looking at its base stats, an evolution of Kangaskhan could be a real powerhouse both in-game and in competitive play. With a possible secondary type and a good movepool (which it pretty much already has), you're just asking for trouble [in the best way possible].
Honestly, when has Pokémon Breeding ever made sense? The only way to make any sense of it at all is to ignore everything we know about genetics and assume that baby Pokemon are, in some sense, clones of their mother whose gender is not based on genetics (otherwise you'd get hybrids, and yes, that'd be true even if all Pokémon just different subspecies of one species).

How does Cubone hatch with the skull of its mother? How does Farfetch'd hatch with a stick?

The answer is - just don't think too much about it.

Quote:
Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.
A shared pre-evo is pretty much all that could happen. Baby Pokémon, like you are proposing Luvdisc be turned into, can't breed, and Luvdisc can breed. Even if you're suggesting turning it into a line like Onix / Steelix without a Baby Pokémon, that still wouldn't work - a Steelix egg returns an Onix, whereas an Alomomola egg returns... Alomomola. Excepting Baby Pokemon from Incenses, when you breed any Pokémon you get the lowest form of their line.

Even from an OCD perspective, it would be more irritating, to me, for them to change their rules randomly just for two Pokémon.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
s2daam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
How are weird english names for Pokemon, gamefreaks fault? The original names don't have these issues.
I never even realised to be honest... kind of wierd in itself really haha!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
piefara
human

staryu, starmie and.......... starus (star us)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by piefara View Post
staryu, starmie and.......... starus (star us)
o_o That's an odd speculation.

How about a Latios and Latias baby? :D Like a Phione from Manaphy.

For Eeveevolutions:

Flying - Hold Air Balloon then level up at a certain level w/o having Air Balloon pop.

Ground - Evolve while using Dig

Ghost - Have Eevee learn Final Gambit and while at a certain level, Eevee uses Final Gambit. It evolves even if it is in FNT condition. After evolution, Eevee (Ghost) has full HP again.

Unsure on what methods for Dragon, Steel, Fighting, and Rock.

Last edited by Musica; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
Evolutions for:
Faarfetch'd
Magcargo
Delcatty
Electrode
Seadra (something other than Kingdra)
EEVEE
Spinda
Mawile
Sableye
Kricketune
Durant
Heatmor

Pre-evos for:
Lapras
Kangaskhan
Skarmory
Tauros
Miltank
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Personally I think that a few Pokémon just have to be kept weak, whether it be Farfetch'd or Luvdisc or something else. You can't have everything be strong.

Sponsored Links