The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Alomomola and Luvdisc aren't related...or at least not evolution wish, maybe so by long distant evolution like Scyther and Kabutops (though that's only a fan theory).

Also I think we'll only see two eeveelution though 3 would be nice, they could do Rock,Steel, and Ground.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Not sure if anybody said this yet, but i think this next gen WILL have new evolutions. They do it every other gen.
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Community Supporter

True every odd generation has lacked evolutions of past mons (Gen 1 by default Gen 3 only had 2 pre evos no evolutions, and 5 none as it was all new) with the evens having the most. I'm hoping for an influx of gen 3 pokémon evolutions so GF can add them to remakes like they did with gen 2's remakes. Of course that'll mean evolution by moves like the gen 2 Pokémon. It'll be nice to see Absol get a signature move that allows it to evolve.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

There might actually be special items that would evolve previous generation Pokémon into the new evolutions in Pokémon X and Y. But yeah, I think they might be bringing in new evolutions from Generation III, but then again... there hasn't been any new ones from Generation IV or V yet. So it would actually be nice to actually see many new evolutions from Generation V Pokémon.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
"Hacoiny, the Money Pokémon. This Pokémon is easily mistaken for money dropped on the ground, and has caused many a Trainer to enter into an unwanted battle after an attempt to pick it up."

(Name completely made up.)

Cyclone
That could also work as a pre-evolution of Meowth (COIN INTO COIN-LOVING CAT, TOTAL LOGIC). And I think it would be interesting to use, too!
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That could also work as a pre-evolution of Meowth (COIN INTO COIN-LOVING CAT, TOTAL LOGIC). And I think it would be interesting to use, too!
Lol, that would be odd.
I'll like to see a pokemon based on a computer that has become too smart, that's it's gain a mind of it's own.

Old January 30th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Lol, that would be odd.
I'll like to see a pokemon based on a computer that has become too smart, that's it's gain a mind of it's own.
Idk what that'd be an evolution of, maybe Porygon-Z perhaps?
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've always thought that pokemon like Metagross who is highly intelligent like a super computer had a mind of it's own, buuut heck, it they can have a different branch of Porygon evolutions, I'm up for that. =O

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:39 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
A new evolution of Porygon2? Can only be evolved while holding the 'Abandoned File' and trade, so you get a normal/ghost Porygon2 evo.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:55 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Porygon X & Y > Porygon Z, get it? ;)

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:35 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Porygon X & Y > Porygon Z, get it? ;)
Well I don't think there will be two other alternate evolutions of Porygon, but rather something following on from Z would be okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
A new evolution of Porygon2? Can only be evolved while holding the 'Abandoned File' and trade, so you get a normal/ghost Porygon2 evo.
I like this idea! Or maybe even an ~advanced~ DNA Helix, given what the games appear to be based upon.
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Well I don't think there will be two other alternate evolutions of Porygon, but rather something following on from Z would be okay.

I like this idea! Or maybe even an ~advanced~ DNA Helix, given what the games appear to be based upon.
If it's an alternative evolution, then it'd have to be from Porygon or likely Porygon2. Anything following Porygon Z would have to be an alternate form since its the third and final stage in the Porygon line. I do love the idea of a Double Helix evolution item though.
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Quote:

That would be great! Perhaps a new Conversion syle move which is signature to the new Porygon evo?

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Tielur

Nature: Jolly
I want a Sableye to evolve! he is cool looking but his stats and movepool are trash. He is honestly one of my favorite pokemon but I could never actually use him. his highest stat is 75...
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:43 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tielur View Post
I want a Sableye to evolve! he is cool looking but his stats and movepool are trash. He is honestly one of my favorite pokemon but I could never actually use him. his highest stat is 75...
You haven't got around using it with Prankster ability, right?

It's been quite helpful in some OU battles. Can nicely stall via priority Recover xD

But it currently gives 2 Effort points, so pre-evo and evo are both a realistic possibility.
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I wouldn't mind an Evolution to Castform or something. Because Castform is man-made, it could be like an upgrade and have a Sandstorm transformation.
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:54 PM
CoolKnightST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
I really want a pre-evolution of Lapras and Tropius.
Not possible for lapras since in the aime there apears to be an lapras baby even he's still really big. I think onix is an beter examples.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolKnightST View Post
Not possible for lapras since in the aime there apears to be an lapras baby even he's still really big. I think onix is an beter examples.
The games aren't and should never be affected by the anime. Seeing a young Lapras in the anime doesn't rule out the possibility of a Lapras pre-evolution from ever happening.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think a Lapras pre-evoltuion is quite possible, it would make a great addition to the Baby Pokemon group too. Something like this maybe:

Old January 31st, 2013, 04:46 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
The games aren't and should never be affected by the anime. Seeing a young Lapras in the anime doesn't rule out the possibility of a Lapras pre-evolution from ever happening.
With that said, I think it'd be cool if sometime the anime and game have similar chains of events, or if there are post-E4 side quests introduced emulating anime missions, complete with Team Rocket coming along. The only difference is there would be no Brock, May, Cilan, Iris, Dawn, etc. to help out; if anything, there might be scripted bits with Gym Leaders coming to help you.

These bonus quests could be DLC for a small fee ($2 each?) and there could be a listing of missions available at a building accessible only after the E4.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolKnightST View Post
They had Baby Pikachus before Gen 2 was introdiuced as well. Anime doesn't control how the games flow. Games control how the Anime flows.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I think a Lapras pre-evoltuion is quite possible, it would make a great addition to the Baby Pokemon group too. Something like this maybe:

No that looks like Shellos... :( So no, if the pre-evolution is going to look like that I'd rather there be none at all!
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:33 PM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

D U N S P A R C E for too freaking long I've waited for an evolution of Dunsparce

God dammit Iwata! Make it happen!

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Community Supporter

Dunspance needs something...Yanma got something in Gen IV and before that it was largely ignored, proably still is but it's better now. An evolution of Smergle would be appreciated, that way it'll be easier to use it's mass moveset from sketch to create havok.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:44 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
An evolution of Smergle would be appreciated, that way it'll be easier to use it's mass moveset from sketch to create havok.
Actually, you just indicated why Smeargle won't get an evolution. Because it can learn any move (can you imagine Smeargle learning V-create in a tag battle from Victini?), it would probably make some unfair for battles. It can't be able to easily overpower any Pokémon at will.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links