The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

Nature: Calm
Zangoose needs an evolution

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Actually, you just indicated why Smeargle won't get an evolution. Because it can learn any move (can you imagine Smeargle learning V-create in a tag battle from Victini?), it would probably make some unfair for battles. It can't be able to easily overpower any Pokémon at will.

Cyclone
I agree. It'd be way too strong imo. Maybe a pre-evolution would be okay and could even be in NU, but I don't think an evolution would necessarily be necessary. :x
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:34 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I agree that Dunsparce needs an evolution. We could have a second hax Pokémon like Jirachi then.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:56 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I was thinking that Smegle's evolution stat total should be on par with Yanmega's not Togekiss levels.
Anyways a Castform evolution ftw. The sandstorm update would also be nice.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
doeboy9
This Guy Right Here

Location: Chicago, wait, is this supposed to be pokemon related? umm Kanto?
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doeboy9 Send a message via Yahoo to doeboy9
Tauros needs an evolution! I original thought that buffalo thing was gonna have some thing to do with tauros but it turned to pretty much just be another tauros.

maybe a baby for Tauros/Bouffalant and Miltank!

Last edited by doeboy9; February 1st, 2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I hope Qwilfish gets an evolution, there's been some buzz around this since the introduction of X & Y and with it being overlooked it could become really useful.

Something similar to that concept possibly which would obviously result in Poison being replaced by Steel.

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I hope Qwilfish gets an evolution, there's been some buzz around this since the introduction of X & Y and with it being overlooked it could become really useful.

Spoiler:

Something similar to that concept possibly which would obviously result in Poison being replaced by Steel.
Personally, I wouldn't be too fond of Qwilfish losing its Poison typing. It's based off of the Pufferfish, which is considered to be one of the most poisonous vertebrates in the world. For a lack of better words, it would seem sort of uncharacteristic I guess should you take that away from it.

I also think that design is kind of ugly. Sorry! :x
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Community Supporter

I don't think they change it's typing if Quilfish were to evolve. However if they did they could remove water, after all Eelectrik wasn't part water despite being based on a eel.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

I really wanttttt that. Maybe with a shorter mouth but otherwise I want it really badly. It's so pretty! I mean badass. Not pretty lmao. I think it'd be a really strong physical attacker and now would be a great time for it to get an evolution :3
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:41 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I think Lumineon desperately needs an evolution.

Just because it's such an average and frequently forgotten pokemon. It should get some attention placed on it.

I would wager the Finneon/Lumineon line is the least remembered 4th gen line.

Edit: Also, I don't want any more Eeveelutions, gee people are obsessed with Eevee. Give some other pokemon a chance to shine!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I think Lumineon desperately needs an evolution.

Just because it's such an average and frequently forgotten pokemon. It should get some attention placed on it.

I would wager the Finneon/Lumineon line is the least remembered 4th gen line. (
I totally agree with you, Lumineon isn't the best when we are looking at its stats. It definitely needs an update.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
No Pokemon needs anything really. They are made the way they are on purpose. Varying stats, usefulness, ability...that's all common traits that separate all animals in the real world as well. They aren't all going to be useful, nor do they need to be useful.

So with the basis of "they need this or they need that" I wholeheartedly disagree. I however "Want" a few evolution and Pre-Evolutionary additions to Pokemon like Spiritomb, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Tauros, Miltank, and a few others mentioned here.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:25 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No Pokemon needs anything really. They are made the way they are on purpose. Varying stats, usefulness, ability...that's all common traits that separate all animals in the real world as well. They aren't all going to be useful, nor do they need to be useful.

So with the basis of "they need this or they need that" I wholeheartedly disagree. I however "Want" a few evolution and Pre-Evolutionary additions to Pokemon like Spiritomb, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Tauros, Miltank, and a few others mentioned here.
Spiritomb won't get one, I'm rather sure of that. It's known as the "Forbidden Pokémon". What would a pre-evo be, the "Permissible Pokémon"?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Spiritomb won't get one, I'm rather sure of that. It's known as the "Forbidden Pokémon". What would a pre-evo be, the "Permissible Pokémon"?

Cyclone
Their species id doesn't mean much. Cubine is "The Lonely Pokemon". It has an evo so its not that lonely.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Quote:
Their species id doesn't mean much. Cubine is "The Lonely Pokemon". It has an evo so its not that lonely.
It is indeed classified as the Lonely Pokémon, but that's because it has lost its mother and wears the skull of of her. It is just his nature. Spiritomb is a mysterious beiing and shouldn't have a pre-or evolution.

No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
Community Supporter

Well Spiritomb is made up of 108 dark souls irc so maybe it's pre evo could be 1 dark soul, it's evolution could than gain
558 new dark souls to add to the 108 being a more eerie creature than before.

I'll like to see an evolution for Mawile along with Sabeye. Mawhile could turn into a Steel/Dark or a Steel/Ghost type (I think it's based on either a demon or a ghost, can quite recall.)

Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
It is indeed classified as the Lonely Pokémon, but that's because it has lost its mother and wears the skull of of her. It is just his nature. Spiritomb is a mysterious beiing and shouldn't have a pre-or evolution.
What if its mother is still alive like in most game cases? But that's part of the point. Its species classification is the "Lonely" Pokemon so it should by that right be a lone evolution. Just because its Forbidden doesn't mean it can't evolve in the future. Forbidden doesn't even relate to the in ability to evolve. Its only known as the Forbidden Pokemon because it was sealed away.

Spiritomb is simply one I want to see with an evolution.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Community Supporter

Xander's got a point, it'll be illogical to dismiss Spiritomb having an evolution simply due to being sealed. Besides curse can still grow stronger even if sealed...perhaps in an evolution the Keystone on it's person...uh spirit breaks unleashing a powerful Pokémon that was more evil, and now more vengeful than the original.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:56 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:

That is all but obvious...

If anything, it's primary type would transform to Steel (Its literally made of steel on that pic too anyway)

It's happened before, with Onix being a primary Rock type with an extra Ground since it is literally made of Rock and lives underground...but then when its structure changes to a superior metal based, it's the primary type that changes.

Rock/Ground
->
Steel/Ground

I'd love to see that happen again with a situation where it makes just as much sense. Qwilfish looks like a great possibility for that.

Water/Poison
->
Steel/Poison

It only learns 4 Water moves, and one of them, Aqua Tail would easily be replaced by the Steel equivalent Iron Tail...whereas Steelix learns 6 Rock moves even though it lost that typing.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Say that to Yanma, Lickitung, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Onix.......(I could list so many other pokemon)

So I wouldn't say any pokemon are necessarily made the way they are on purpose, if Game Freak wants to they can always go back and upgrade a weaker pokemon and I don't doubt that there are still plenty of candidates available for upgrades.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I wouldn't say that's true, there have been Pokemon that gain an evolution at later Generations which will most likely be the case for this generation, more so for Gen V Pokemon. This is the first opportunity for them to get a new evolution for those Pokemon and I do think there will be a couple from Gen II i.e Qwilfish, Dunsparce etc and probably other generations too.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Say that to Yanma, Lickitung, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Onix.......(I could list so many other pokemon)

So I wouldn't say any pokemon are necessarily made the way they are on purpose, if Game Freak wants to they can always go back and upgrade a weaker pokemon and I don't doubt that there are still plenty of candidates available for upgrades.
Well that's also the other benefit to it, the fact that those mons mentioned now greatly benefit from eviolite, and Murkrow and Misdreavus are better now because of it. Soo if there is more evolutions to mons it can definitely improve older ones without playing with stats, which can be a positive. But then again I don't want evolved ugly mons :(
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Khrysta

Quote:

None of those "needed" evolutions either. They were randomly given them. There were Pokemon weaker and used less than all of those mentioned yet those got evolutions and the weaker, less used ones didn't. Game Freak will add an evolution when it strikes their fancy, not because of a non-existent need to evolve the Pokemon.
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

There should be more dual typed Pokémon with Normal as primary type and other type.as secondary. Normal Pokémon with unique type combination seem like having better resistants. So what if we get alternative evolutions of Glameow, Vigoroth or Clefairy? Maybe also new evolutions of Persian, Spinda and Girafarig?

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links