The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Oh no, I didn't mean all in one gen...that'll be pushing it.
Though if I had to pick I'll rather have them do the former special types only and have the already existing one's evolve...
I believe "Dragon" is the only special type left, and they could still very well go down that route and stop there if they wanted to. However, to give the existing Eeveelutions their own evolutions would make them far too strong in my opinion. An increase in stats and pretty new evolutions aren't what I'd say they need right now either, not as much as a wider set of moves anyway.
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:49 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i was just thinking about this and i think magikarp needs a different evolution. one that keeps him in his fish like state.

EDIT: oh, wait! that dex entry saying he was once stronger, he needs a pre evo!

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Nah. There's nothing that could really be weaker than Magikarp....Magi is actually supposed to be the weakest Pokemon of all, so having a pre-evo is kind of redundant(to me, that is~!).
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
ch121s
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
i think would like the mid evo of magikarp and gyarados,daramuka and darmatian
the evolution of sableye,malwile
pre evo of heatmor,thor,sawk
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Nah. There's nothing that could really be weaker than Magikarp....Magi is actually supposed to be the weakest Pokemon of all, so having a pre-evo is kind of redundant(to me, that is~!).
Supposed to be the weakest though it has a higher bast stat total than Ralts, Wurmple, Weedle, Caterpie, Kricketot, Azuril and Sunkern. Sunkern is the weakest Pokemon by stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch121s View Post
i think would like the mid evo of magikarp and gyarados,daramuka and darmatian
the evolution of sableye,malwile
pre evo of heatmor,thor,sawk
They won't add in between evolutions simply because it messes up the evolutionary lines already set, and have been set for years. That and they'd probably have to redistribute stats, which I don't see them ever doing until they introduce a new battle stat.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Speaking of Sunkern I'll like to see a Grass/Fire evolution to Sunflora
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:38 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
no, not a weaker one, a stronger one, i know it sounds kinda strange but the pokedex supports it.

"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Supposed to be the weakest though it has a higher bast stat total than Ralts, Wurmple, Weedle, Caterpie, Kricketot, Azuril and Sunkern. Sunkern is the weakest Pokemon by stat.
The funniest part about that is that, Sunkern can actually 2HKO Magikarp with a good Giga Drain, and let's not talk about Seed Bomb here. XD Though I'm more of a Ralts person myself, but I digress.

Quote:
no, not a weaker one, a stronger one, i know it sounds kinda strange but the pokedex supports it.
It would sound kind of strange to me that, if the Pokedex does support any kind of theory whatsoever about Magi's evolution, that it would've been made by now, y'know? Gamefreak had tons of chances to do so after all, but what's the point of doing that when Gyarados is basically the best out of Magikarp that you could get?
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM
ShinySamurott98
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
I think Dunsparce more than anyone needs an Evolution.

Either Normal/Dragon or Normal/Ground. I would use it.

Shiny Hunting for:

Black 2 Friend Code: 3268-4319-9858
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
The thing about Dunsparce is that it's based on a legendary creature. It baffles me why they made it so weak.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Speaking of Sunkern I'll like to see a Grass/Fire evolution to Sunflora :)
While it'd definitely be good for Chlorophyll fast mon it's just so forgotten. idk if bringing it back now would really make sense given that out of all the Pokemon it's one of the least remembered, imo. But it would be strong so there is an advantage, I guess.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
While it'd definitely be good for Chlorophyll fast mon it's just so forgotten. idk if bringing it back now would really make sense given that out of all the Pokemon it's one of the least remembered, imo. But it would be strong so there is an advantage, I guess.
Uh who really Yanma, and Aipom back before gen IV? I'm guessing not many yet they got evolutions. Gf can make evolutions of any pokemon they chose no matter their typing, or if they're too weak or too strong (I don't think GF cares much about the tier system apart from legendary ubers)...as long as they have idea they'll proably use it.
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Uh who really Yanma, and Aipom back before gen IV? I'm guessing not many yet they got evolutions. Gf can make evolutions of any pokemon they chose no matter their typing, or if they're too weak or too strong (I don't think GF cares much about the tier system apart from legendary ubers)...as long as they have idea they'll proably use it.
I guess but Sunkern is like the weakest mon competitively other than Magikarp, sooo something so weak it just feels like it'll be forgotten and not touched :( Plus the evolution will likely look like idk Carnivine?
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

How did you reach that conclusion? If anything it'll proably be a tall sunflower petals of fire.

Speaking of Carnivine, I would like to see it get the roselia treatment, it's pre evo would be a small sprout, while it's evolution would be a three headed venus flytrap.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:22 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

maybe instead of a pre evo for magikarp, an alternate would be better. i saw a meme a while back that was supposed to be magikarp in the middle of evolving and he was still orange and a little fatter but nearly the shape of gyarados, i'd like one like that. maybe a different type or something

Last edited by roosterman; February 10th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone
Well That is a good theory. Perhaps if the tail became evil, could it become Normal/Dark?

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Community Supporter

I imagine the normal part would turn dark thus making it our much desired Dark/Psychic type.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

Some of you were right. A brand new Eeveelution has bean revealed by Corocoro yesterday. My question is; what type isit? It looks Normal to me, but it could be a new type as we're speculating. Just look at this, its name is Ninfia btw. It is a bit pinky, looks like Victiny and has ribbons. I'm glad that we're getting new evo's of older Pokémon.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
How did you reach that conclusion? If anything it'll proably be a tall sunflower petals of fire.

Speaking of Carnivine, I would like to see it get the roselia treatment, it's pre evo would be a small sprout, while it's evolution would be a three headed venus flytrap.
I... dunno :( but petals of fire does seem kinda badass I just doubt it'll get much attention, still. :x

But yeah if Carnivine had a pre-evolution it better be cute and not too similar to other grass-typed mons.
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post

Some of you were right. A brand new Eeveelution has bean revealed by Corocoro yesterday. My question is; what type isit? It looks Normal to me, but it could be a new type as we're speculating. Just look at this, its name is Ninfia btw. It is a bit pinky, looks like Victiny and has ribbons. I'm glad that we're getting new evo's of older Pokémon.
Yes, while I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions as much as others, I'm glad to see this because that means that other old-Pokémon evolutions and even pre-evolutions are not out of the question like in gen 5.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

The only type I can see it being is a normal evolution.

Or light type.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:33 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Okay
I've just saw the new eevolution yesterday and I'm directly went to "WTF?!" reaction.
I'm gonna write something (rant) because of this.

This is so far, is one huge let down that ever happened for me as long as I love Pokemon since 12 years ago. Am i disappointed because Ninfeon design? Yes. Is it because I'm a nostalgia fanboy? No, but I'm used to. I'm no longer complaining about newer Pokemon desings because I'm realize that Pokemon would have to change. It wouldn't be the same forever. It need to evolve.

My expectation spectacularly with many Pokemon of Generation V. There are many Pokemon that I really loved their design as much as I loved Generation III Pokemons/ To name a few, these Pokemons are Volcarona, Zebstrika, Eelektross, Haxorus, and so on. Although there still one Pokemon that I really hate from Generation V untill now (seriously? Ice cream? I'm sure there will be coca cola Pokemon someday).

Eevolutions are always my favorite Pokemons. They are one of the most well designed Pokemon. While most of them look cute and cuddly, they still have their power, showing strength and capabilities of type they represent. They look realistic, while still retain the feel of "pokemon" within them. Eevolutions for me, is what dog/cat for us in real world. They can be cute and just simple pet. But trained them, they can be one mighty battle companion.

Until now. Until Ninfeon (or Ninfeam as the Japanese calls it) appeared. I'm really upset when I'm see it. I couldn't believe that this is suppose to be one of Eevee evolution, sibling of Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. Eevolution supposed to be great, but this....

I'm really disappointed. I wouldn't be so upset if it not supposed to be another eevolution and just another new Pokemon without connection to Eevee at all. But since they called it one, I can't help but ranting and look at it with disgust and hate.

I looked at it calmly, see the picture of Ninfeon carefully with the intention to know where the part went wrong because I realized that Ninfeon not so bad at all but something still feels wrong. Then, I know it, the culprit, the things that makes me hate it so. The Ribbons.

Its that out-of-place ribbons that make it son un-eevolution. The ribbons look so unnatural compared to other feature that eevolution had. That ribbons feel so atackled and added to them just for the sake of cutesy. It shouldn't be there! At all! If the ribbon would be removed or changed to some more natural shape, I would be satisfied.

Just what happened to you Sugimori Ken? Have lost your touch with the Eevolution? Or this is just the work of your apprentice? I'll hope for the latter. I'll hope Sugimori Ken would mend my wound with another "Volcarona", "Haxorus", "Metagross", or "Empoleon".

sorry for the long rant. I just have....to write it. Somewhere civil.
Here the pic of all eevolution for everybody
Spoiler:

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Well with Ninfia, at least we can say older Pokemon will be getting Evo's as well. Bring on the Gen III evo's I say, they all need some massive overhaul's.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Well with Ninfia, at least we can say older Pokemon will be getting Evo's as well. Bring on the Gen III evo's I say, they all need some massive overhaul's.
Who's need overhaul? Most of them are fine I guess. Using "all" is overkill since I thought that Gen III Pokemon have the most neatly designed Pokemon. They are the perfect blend between "realistic" and "pokemon".
Altaria? looks so damn fine. They are a good example to really differentiate Dragon Pokemon design.
Spinda? I guess a evolution would be good but I think they do just fine.
Luvdisc? Well, this is one the gen III Pokemon that need evolution I can think of.
Lunatone and Solrock? No, evolution would ruin their "exoticity"
Wishcash? I think evolution are fine too with this, but it still good without one.
Bannette? Yes, it could have some evolution to have a match with it sibling, Dus-family.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolution
Gen 3 has the largest amount of single stage Pokemon. Most of them, aren't "fine" and do need evolutions.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here