The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Hmm, well fairies are bug like creatures so perhaps it's typng is bug, it'll be shocker I admit as it doesn't look like what I expect the majority of the pokemon fan base would've imagine a bug eevee to look.
Old February 15th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Hmm, well fairies are bug like creatures so perhaps it's typng is bug, it'll be shocker I admit as it doesn't look like what I expect the majority of the pokemon fan base would've imagine a bug eevee to look.
Fairies aren't bug like. They are spiritual beings. They can have different types of wings (assuming you only know about the common disney cute ones) that can be based on animals, plants, or insects, sometimes they even take after an element they embody if they are elemental fairies.

Originally, fairies were old demonic looking creatures, both male and female that would kidnap children and eat them. Then you have the god-like majestic "elf" like versions commonly called Fae which were incredibly powerful. They were still evil and plotted many attempts to thwart the growth of man-kind. So depending on what stories you know, just calling it a fairy can be misleading.

I know of a bunch of different types of fairy, some good and some evil. Barely any are bug like outside of the possibility of them having butterfly, Bee, or Dragonfly like wings. Though they also have Fairies with Petal like wings and others that as I said, are from the elemental energies.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Community Supporter

I'm aware of all that, I was refering to the common bug like wings depiction commonly seen now in days, which influence perception (for example Santa claus isn't fat, that was marketing by Coka cola) of the media. Also bug is the only other element I can relate to fairies that isn't Flying or one that's taken...well maybe rock as some of the elvish folk seem to be associated with rock but I don't think this eevolution is based on an elf. Oh wait Ghost can also fit, as some fair folk appeared as ghost like creatures in some myths...

Anyways I'm crossing mu fingers for a Castform evolution, it holds the biggest chance of all the gimmick pokémon to get one (none of them have gotten one yet...) imo.
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
GallifreyanGallade
Poké Time Lord

If they don't finally give Farfetch'd an evolution this gen, I'll be really annoyed. I thought a Fighting/Flying samurai evolution of it would be pretty cool.
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Garoucher

Nature: Timid
Since Eevee has a new evo, probably others Pokémons will have a evo/pre-evo.
I would like to see an evo for Pinsir. If Scyther had one, I think Pinsir can have one too.

Old February 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Perhaps they can follow a similar Gen I → Gen II structure. Make Sawk and Throh a triple split evolution from gaining a common pre-evolution similar to Tyrogue and a third green counterpart a la Hitmontop. Audino can also get a Blissey-eqsue evolution for itself too. Although, I doubt that would stop it from being a poor man's Chancey. /sadface

That being said, RSE currently has the longest list for stage one Pokémon that can't evolve. I'd like to see more of them gain new evolutions this time around to be honest. It would also be a nice nod to possible RSE remakes as some have already mentioned like how Gen IV gave more evolutions to the Johto Pokémon preceding the announcement of HG/SS.
Old February 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Pinsir evolution is so damn good! I'll hope they really give that forsaken Pokemon little love. I'll think for Pinsir evolution, the type should Bug/Dark or Bug/Ground

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Perhaps they can follow a similar Gen I → Gen II structure. Make Sawk and Throh a triple split evolution from gaining a common pre-evolution similar to Tyrogue and a third green counterpart a la Hitmontop. Audino can also get a Blissey-eqsue evolution for itself too. Although, I doubt that would stop it from being a poor man's Chancey. /sadface
A third green evolution? Please no. ;( Their evolution would probably be in a higher tier than them but omg, it would be ugly. Green in general would be an ugly colour for a fighting type. XD; Yellow... still bad, idk, purple cause of blue/red could be okay, tho!
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hm, how abouuuut a Cherrim evolution?
80/70/80/107/98/105/540, Grass/Fire, Flower Gift/Solar Power/Chlorophyll

I say it should be a grass/fire in accordance with the sun~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
A third green evolution? Please no. ;( Their evolution would probably be in a higher tier than them but omg, it would be ugly. Green in general would be an ugly colour for a fighting type. XD; Yellow... still bad, idk, purple cause of blue/red could be okay, tho!
Well they're based on oni, which is like the east asian version or a goblin, which can be green. For example Thundrus is based on an oni like god that's green.

I'm hoping they make the green one female though so that way the pre evolution can be either one and one wouldn't always need a ditto to get it, and it'll allow for some egg moves by breeding the green/yellow/etc female branch evolution than evolving that pre evo into any of the three.
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I would like to see Jynx with an evolution xD

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
So I've made a few changes on my suggested pre-evos/evos for previous gen Pokemon:

Pre-evo - Skarmory, Audino, Heatmor, Druddigon

Evo - Bannette, Corsola, Qwilfish, Gothitelle, Durant, Sableye, Mawile, Cherrim, Carnivine, Swoobat, Chimecho

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; February 17th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishCookie View Post
I would like to see Jynx with an evolution xD
And it has to look like an ice princess , and should be evolved wile holding an item and trade.

Granbull with an evolution would make it more wanted, and I think it will become something like a vicious bulldogg.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Sandslash evolution! Also, I'd like poor little Dunsparce to get an evolution or two, the little guy needs some love.
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Community Supporter

Jynx and Sandlash Evolutions ftw! Another evolution on my wish list is a Mr.Mime evolution, maybe into Mime Sr. or something like that.
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Rainbow Daaash
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
If they don't finally give Farfetch'd an evolution this gen, I'll be really annoyed. I thought a Fighting/Flying samurai evolution of it would be pretty cool.
Honestly, kinda glad they left Farfetch'd alone. There needs to be SOME things in Gen 1 not touched by other generations with evolutions. Fourth gen practically ripped half it's new species off gen 1, by just adding (in my opinion) ugly and unnecessary evolutions to what were perfectly fine by themselves one stager's. Poor Farfetch'd, Lapras, Ditto, and Tauros had to watch all their friends turn into weird bulbous creatures a few years back - let 'em be spared that pain themselves :V
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
I must have a Jynx Evolution, or else.

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Granbull should have a really beefed up evolution. The Snubull demand would skyrocket. It would be a hilarious difference between first to last stages.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

Nature: Quiet
I would love a Keckleon evo, Herracross evo (i don't care how strong it is ;___; ), Druddigon prevo (it would be so qt), Emolga evo and a Stantler evo would all be awesome :3
aslong as game freak don't go crazy and evolve every single unevolved/one stage pokemon I'll be quite happy.
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:25 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hm, how abouuuut a Cherrim evolution?
80/70/80/107/98/105/540, Grass/Fire, Flower Gift/Solar Power/Chlorophyll

I say it should be a grass/fire in accordance with the sun~!
Is it still have second form? I hope so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandshrew4 View Post
Sandslash evolution! Also, I'd like poor little Dunsparce to get an evolution or two, the little guy needs some love.
Sandslah evolution! I would love to see it too. But any pokemon that urgently need to complete its line is Kangaskhan.
Seriously, a pokemon hatched with a baby on its own? Without any male counterpart??!

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Forever
let it go

Male Kanga could be a high special attacker, given that opposites attract. ;)
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Chimecho evolution, although it looks great as it is and it's been landed with a nice pre-evolution, I think think it could potentially get a great evolution.

Old February 18th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Community Supporter

A Mr. Mime evolution (Mime Sr. ?).
I wonder what a chimecho evolution will be based on, It's pre evolution is a traditional japanese bell, while Chimecho is based on the japanese wind chime.
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Maybe like a harmonica or a skylight like um, paper lantern to follow on from the wind theme? Although I feel like that's actually covered somewhat BUT YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I'd love a Castform evo, an adorable Absol pre-evo, a Liepard evo that actually isn't weird looking...call it Theiline or something. (theif+feline...that actually seems cool!) I'd also want a baby evo of Audino, an Emolga evo that looks really cool, a baby Druddigon because like someone before said it would be ADORABLE, and a really epic Dunsparce evo that makes it like Magicarp-useless but evolves into epicosity. <3

Sponsored Links

Advertise here