The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Just posting here to say that I'd like a Tropius evo because 1. It's type is embarrassing and 2. There's nothing it can really do about it.

....That may include even having an evolution, but at least it'd remotely stand a chance out there in the battlefield, perhaps? u_u It might not, but it's worth a shot.
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:42 AM
xiaoqiao143
Unhatched Egg

hope they include pre-evolution of VULPIX i really like to see its pre-evolution a baby cute fox
HOPING they really make VULPIX pre-evo!!
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoqiao143 View Post
hope they include pre-evolution of VULPIX i really like to see its pre-evolution a baby cute fox
HOPING they really make VULPIX pre-evo!!
I don't think Vulpix needs a pre-evo, it looks very basic form itself. Not to mention most Pokemon that require stones to evolve are usually the final evo.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old February 26th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I was almost certain there would be another eevee evo, so I was glad there is one!

Now I'm hoping for a jynx and mime evolution, that would make my life!

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Speaking of Vulpix how about a Fire/Ghost evolution to Ninetales, or a Fire/Psychic? Maybe a 20 bst boost in addition to the new type.
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Except Ninetales is annoying enough as it is. Of course, we can't always assume that evolutions would have the same abilities as their pre-evolutions, but you have to remember that this is Ninetales we're talking about here: The same Ninetales that causes drought and spams Fire Blast and Solarbeam, so expect even more of that...with eviolite, no less. It's pretty flimsy defensively(Special defense is a WHOLE 'nother story), but even then, I sure as heck wouldn't want that thing to stay on the battlefield if it were my opponent, nevemind it's evolution. @_@

A Mr. Mime evolution would be interesting, though how Gamefreak would achieve that is unknown, because they would have to make a play on his name somehow, which I imagine is pretty difficult to do. XD;

Buuut....and this is just me...if any Pokemon could have an evolution, it'd be Ledian. I mean, it learns three of the most amazing moves that a Pokemon could learn in competitive battling: Reflect, Light Screen, and Swords Dance, and yet it could use none of those because 1. Stealth rock weak and 2. It's weak to like everything.

So yeah, I'd like the poor cute ladybug to at least get some recognition. D:
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:28 AM
AmericanWonderland
Sassmaster

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanWonderland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

A Mr. Mime evolution would be interesting, though how Gamefreak would achieve that is unknown, because they would have to make a play on his name somehow, which I imagine is pretty difficult to do. XD;

Buuut....and this is just me...if any Pokemon could have an evolution, it'd be Ledian. I mean, it learns three of the most amazing moves that a Pokemon could learn in competitive battling: Reflect, Light Screen, and Swords Dance, and yet it could use none of those because 1. Stealth rock weak and 2. It's weak to like everything.

So yeah, I'd like the poor cute ladybug to at least get some recognition. D:
I don't know how they would evolve Mr. Mime really, but I definitely agree with Ledian. It really deserves an evo, because Pokemon with great movesets shouldn't be so weak.

White 2 Friend Code= 3010 6901 0098
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

And I also want to know: Why doesn't Girafarig have an evo yet? It really is high time that it has one. .__.
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
And I also want to know: Why doesn't Girafarig have an evo yet? It really is high time that it has one. .__.
I can see Girafarig having a an evolution that is kind of like a griffin, imo. But yeah, I'd say it definitely deserves an evolution of some sort; it has really, really, unique typing, y'know?

On another thought, I really wonder if they will pull an Alomomola on us and make a Pokémon that figuratively screams "I'm an evolution of #####!", yet has no connection to it whatsoever. I can see them doing that to Chatot, make a second parrot with a sound gimmick, yet never compare the two in any official material, even though the rest of the world does.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; February 26th, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I can see Girafarig having a an evolution that is kind of like a griffin, imo. But yeah, I'd say it definitely deserves an evolution of some sort; it has really, really, unique typing, y'know?

On another thought, I really wonder if they will pull an Alomomola on us and make a Pokémon that figuratively screams "I'm an evolution of #####!", yet has no connection to it whatsoever. I can see them doing that to Chatot, make a second parrot with a sound gimmick, yet never compare the two in any official material, even though the rest of the world does.
OH I CAN SEE THEM TOTALLY DOING THAT.

Like, a bigger parrot, or a parakeet, or something like that, and ultimately troll people with it when it doesn't even have a pre-evolution, omg. x_x

Also, can Mawile evolve please? I know it might look a bit..awkward, and it's evolution even more so, but still. :( Mawile is lovable and I'm sure it has some battle potential, especially given that it has Iintimidate and only three weaknesses!
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
OH I CAN SEE THEM TOTALLY DOING THAT.

Like, a bigger parrot, or a parakeet, or something like that, and ultimately troll people with it when it doesn't even have a pre-evolution, omg. x_x

Also, can Mawile evolve please? I know it might look a bit..awkward, and it's evolution even more so, but still. :( Mawile is lovable and I'm sure it has some battle potential, especially given that it has Iintimidate and only three weaknesses!
Yessss, I totally agree with you on Mawile. I've only heard that Mawile was about 2-3% worse defensive wise than Skarmory, but, yeah, a evolution totally has potential! I mean, pokemon like Mawile, Sabyele, and as I mentioned before, Chimecho, are one of those pokemon that we are so psyched on capturing, but, they don't have that sort of "oompth" that will prompt us from using it instead of a stronger pokemon, you know?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Yessss, I totally agree with you on Mawile. I've only heard that Mawile was about 2-3% worse defensive wise than Skarmory, but, yeah, a evolution totally has potential! I mean, pokemon like Mawile, Sabyele, and as I mentioned before, Chimecho, are one of those pokemon that we are so psyched on capturing, but, they don't have that sort of "oompth" that will prompt us from using it instead of a stronger pokemon, you know?
Exactly! There are also Pokemon such as Torkoal, and even Castform that would be pretty interesting with evolutions(even though Castform was mainly created for the sake of weather, but yeah). Grumpig is another one that I'd like to see have an evolution. It's....eh, I'd like to see an improvement in abilities. Thick Fat isn't bad, I suppose it's pretty useful if you're switching it in to a Fire Blast or something, but how much of a hit can it really take? I'm a huge fan of Grumping, and I was kinda disappointed to find out that it can't do much.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I hope GF will connect Luvdisc and Alomomola with eachother. Just a way to evolve Luvdisc into Alomomola.

And I hope for an evolution of Ferrothorn. Better Sp.Defence and a way to get rid of the Fire type.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

If Gamefreak hasn't tied Alomomola to Luvidisc last gen, they certainly won't this gen. They had their opportunity to do so, but it just doesn't seem like they will. D:
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I think Eviolite has made a big impact on pokemon evolution. As Twilight said, ninetails can really abuse it if it gets an evolution and Thus, i don't think it ever will. The same goes for pokemons like Forretress,Skarmory,Torkoal,Lopunny,Cofagrigus,,Durant,Cryogonal,Mitank,Scizor,Weezing etc. They can all have a big impact on Metagame just by using eviolite. As a result, i doubt we'll see evolutions of aforementioned pokemon..but you never know.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

You're right about that! When evolving a Pokemon, it's especially important to take eviolite into consideration, because who knows how powerful that previous-staged evolution is going to be? I know that sentence makes it sound like most things with eviolite are untouchable, but it's actually far from that. Are they harder to take down? Yes, more or less, but it isn't impossible by any means. I mean, Dusclops was a bulky Pokemon to begin with, and now it has gotten even bulkier with Eviolite in hand, so if that's possible, anything really is possible, there's no actually predicting what GF could do.

Even with Pokemon like Miltank(who already is powerful on the offensive side) and Lopunny, they can still be taken down by powerful fighting moves, it just makes it harder to take them down, which I think is the primary worry here. At first, I thought there was some set of requirements for evolving Pokemon and making sure they're not OP, but even then, we already know of some pretty overpowered Pokemon(I'm looking at you, Haxorus. Base 97 speed means absolutely nothing when you can DD your way into obliteration), so who knows?
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Gamefreak won't take one single item into consideration when evolving Pokemon. They'll look through their concept books and go "Hey that looks like it would be a good evolution for XXXXX. Lets add it."

We've had strong Pokemon evolve before. Magneton and Electabuzz just to name two of the more popular ones. Their evolutions are pretty powerful which honestly does not say much as both Magneton and Electabuzz were already plenty powerful. Eviotile will not stop Pokemon from evolving. If so then we possibly won't get any other new evolutions this generation because Gamefreak would be too paranoid to add on to any line.

They make them strong because they can, they make them weak because they can. They are made those ways on purpose. Whether the Pokemon was strong to begin with or not doesn't play any real part in whether they get evolutions. Porygon and Porygon 2 were fairly ridiculous with how strong they were before Gen 4. Then they still added Z to the line and completely restructured a lot of what we knew then.

As for Starmie and Ninetales, We still have not gotten an evolution to Pokemon that evolve by Stone. With the way most Stone Evolvers are, it seems to be an end all evolution since most don't learn any new moves outside of 1 or 2 unless they are special cases. I can't see them evolving anything that already evolves by stone, I can see them added alternate evolutions to them though. Like how Vileplume and Bellossom are. I wouldn't expect any Stone Evolving Pokemon to get one added onto the stone evolver's direct line.

I would like Alternate Staryu and Vulpix evolutions though. Though with Fennekin being there, I don't think Vulpix will get any love since Fennekin is already a cheap copy of Vulpix so far.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gamefreak won't take one single item into consideration when evolving Pokemon. They'll look through their concept books and go "Hey that looks like it would be a good evolution for XXXXX. Lets add it."

We've had strong Pokemon evolve before. Magneton and Electabuzz just to name two of the more popular ones. Their evolutions are pretty powerful which honestly does not say much as both Magneton and Electabuzz were already plenty powerful. Eviotile will not stop Pokemon from evolving. If so then we possibly won't get any other new evolutions this generation because Gamefreak would be too paranoid to add on to any line.

[...]
You know, I want to say something like "it wouldn't be far off to assume that some people at Gamefreak that follow competitive battling" though as much as I want to believe that....eh. u_u

And I know that Eviolite won't stop any Pokemon from evolving in the companies eyes, that's more or less a worry from within the competitive battling community(perhaps)rather than a worry of the company.

Quote:
I would like Alternate Staryu and Vulpix evolutions though. Though with Fennekin being there, I don't think Vulpix will get any love since Fennekin is already a cheap copy of Vulpix so far
An alternate Staryu evo would be interesting! Though what else would it evolve to that's not a copy of Starmie? XD
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
The company does follow the meta, the thing is, they do the exact opposite of what we tend to think. They like changing the meta up. Which was one of the reason why we got so many new Battle specific items in Gen 5 and the Hidden Abilities. They do pay attention, but really, Eviolite effecting others that gain evolutions would make them want to evolve more Pokemon just to throw the meta game on its ear.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Ah, I see. We normally expect them to follow some sort of consistency with the metagame, while Gamefreak, on the other hand, just toss some evos and new moves and whatever around like some sort of jumbled salad, and sits back and watches what happens, right? XD
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
I hope GF will connect Luvdisc and Alomomola with eachother. Just a way to evolve Luvdisc into Alomomola.

And I hope for an evolution of Ferrothorn. Better Sp.Defence and a way to get rid of the Fire type.
I want an evolution for Alomomola. Give it eviolite and it'd be amazinggg.

Also Ferrothorn evolution would be way, way, way too uber. :(
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Blaziken can crush Ferrothrorn's evolution, as can Ho-oh, Groudon, other pokemon in uber who can learn Fire Blast, so I imagine it's evolution will be no different, specially since it's quite slow, unless it's evolves into a speedster...so I don't see Uber for it just like Scizor which is pretty good but not good enough. OU I can see.

I'll like to see an evolution to Pokémon that evolve by stone, maybe the monkeys (no pokémon evolved by trade twice until gen 4 with Porygon 2 evolving to Porygon Z).
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Blaziken can crush Ferrothrorn's evolution, as can Ho-oh, Groudon, other pokemon in uber who can learn Fire Blast, so I imagine it's evolution will be no different, specially since it's quite slow, unless it's evolves into a speedster...so I don't see Uber for it just like Scizor which is pretty good but not good enough. OU I can see.
Yeah, I want to see you say that when you face Ferrothorn in Rain. Trust me Paralysis/Leech Seed/Spikes(or SR)/and Gyro Ball(or Power Whip) is NOT a fun combination to face. It's weaknesses may look obviously glaring, but Ferrothorn is not a pushover, I'll tell you that much. Don't push it without expecting to be pushed back, and it'll push hard if it has to.

Also, would anyone agree with a Corsola evo? How many people even forgot Corsola even exists? XD
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Yeah, I want to see you say that when you face Ferrothorn in Rain. Trust me Paralysis/Leech Seed/Spikes(or SR)/and Gyro Ball(or Power Whip) is NOT a fun combination to face. It's weaknesses may look obviously glaring, but Ferrothorn is not a pushover, I'll tell you that much. Don't push it without expecting to be pushed back, and it'll push hard if it has to.

Also, would anyone agree with a Corsola evo? How many people even forgot Corsola even exists? XD
You got a point there with Ferrothorn. Many Pokémon with 4x time weaknesses are still useful.
Corsola with an evo just has to look so epic! :0 It's design may look lile an older coral, with plants and maybe a habitat for smaller fish Pokémon (Dex entry?).

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:06 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventyseventy View Post
Both Heatmor and Durant really do need evos, but then again, Farfetch'd, Corsola, Stantler and Absol have been waiting longer.
Yeah, Farfetch'd could share a pre-evo. with Delibird and Stantler could likewise share a pre-evo. with Sawsbuck through a cousin of Deerling with which it would share a direct pre-evo. or something…

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
i want to see Unova pokémon with evo's and pre-evo's, a pre evolution of miltank and tauros so they are offficially connected to each other and i would like to see a pre evolution of kangashkan.
Wait…how are Miltank and Tauros connected again?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; February 27th, 2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here