The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I'd love a Lapras evolution. Even with it's typing it's so slow that it can't do anything effectively. Even if we only boosted its speed through an evolution I'd be happy.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Do you think Dugtrio should get an evolution? I just checked and it has a base stat total of 405. Looks like it could do with a boost.

I would hope the evolution keeps the same face though.
They can always pull a Magneton to Magnezone and have them fuse into one body. Its weird, but has been done a few times. Beldum, Magneton, Exeggcute, etc.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I would understand and a pre-evolution for Lapras, but not an evolution. Iicr, Lapras has the highest BST of all Pokémon with no evolutionary relatives. If it got a pre-evo, I think it'd be similar to how Munchlax's stats are.
I remember Xander mentioning somewhere that GF does not take into account stats when evolving a Pokemon. To put it simply, they evolve whoever they feel like whenever they feel like it, and if it just so happens to be Lapras, then so be it. I do agree that Lapras is pretty powerful in it's own right, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest (actually I'm lying, it would), to see it have some sort of evolution similar to what Shivi has posted.

In fact, I believe that it has the optimum stats needed for an evolution, as I believe that it could truly evolve into something better, to make the most use out of both Curse and Dragon Dance~!
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Forever
let it go

Only want a Lapras evolution/pre-evolution if it looks like that, although baby Lapras will likely be similar to Shellos.
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Does anyone think Bisharp should be given an evolution, by any chance? This Pokemon isn't really pretty known, and it's type is fairly horrible, leaving it weak to a lot of the game's types (even the popular ones like Ground and Fire, and even Fighting ). Do you think an evolution might give Bisharp what it needs to survive in the increasingly offensive metagame?
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Bisharp evolution sounds promising. However, the Pawniard evolving into Bisharp is a reference to a pawn turning into Bishop in Chess. Going by that scenario, i see a Split-evo as pawns can turn into other pieces as well. They can do something interesting and make it have 4 split evolutions !
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I would love to see an evolution for Farfetch'd, to make him more usable. Maybe let him become a Flying/Fighting type? That's be pretty cool.
And how about a Kangaskhan pre-evolution? Seems like it would fit since she carries a baby in her pouch all the time. Also a pre-evolution for Pinsir and Heracross would be cool.
And I'd love to see an Evolution and/or Pre-Evolution for Absol and Tropius. Just seems like something interesting :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:21 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Bisharp evolution sounds promising. However, the Pawniard evolving into Bisharp is a reference to a pawn turning into Bishop in Chess. Going by that scenario, i see a Split-evo as pawns can turn into other pieces as well. They can do something interesting and make it have 4 split evolutions !
By that vein, the male Pawn turns into a female Queen. That would be an interesting evolution...but it would be the strongest of all four.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 14th, 2013, 08:46 AM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
This remind me of Pawnchessmon white and black in digimon, where White mega is Kingchessmon and black is Queenchessmon, both have similar pre-digivolution but in black and white.

Also I wonder how a Snorlax evo would look like, a Sumo Normal/Fighting ?
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I don't think we'd ever see a Snorlax evolution, although some sumo-wrestler concept would be gloriously interesting. Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I don't think we'd ever see a Snorlax evolution, although some sumo-wrestler concept would be gloriously interesting. Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P
Maybe by giving him something or make him learn a certain move can evolve him into a Normal/Fighting, we only have Meloetta as Normal/Fighting.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Just kinda goes against the whole Snorlax is lazy as crap thing =P
Well Slakoth is lazy as crap. Vigoroth is hyper active. Slaking is lazy as crap. XD

Evolution can change a great many things. Not to mention Munchlax is gluttonus but not that lazy. It evolves and now Sloth takes over gluttony....Maybe he can evolve into something greedy in the way that it dislikes sharing food since food is still a main concept in Snorlax's design XD Snorlax is a good example of the 7 deadly sins~
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Not all Snorlax's are that lazy. :o

But yeah, maybe a Sumo Wrestler is a fine idea! Or maybe just a wrestler in general? Although.. maybe it'd be kind of weird to have a pokemon with a large amount of fat, suddenly grows muscles in evolution? However, yes.. then again, evolution can work in strange and mysterious ways~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Although seeing what a Snorlax Evolution would look like, i love his personality and design too much to see him evolve into a Fighting Machine...i love him jsut the way he is.
But i think there are many other Pokemon that could still have a (Pre-)Evolution, like Absol, Tropius, Minun and Plusle, Heracross and Pinsir, maybe even Miltank and Tauros :D

Old March 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Not all Snorlax's are that lazy. :o

But yeah, maybe a Sumo Wrestler is a fine idea! Or maybe just a wrestler in general? Although.. maybe it'd be kind of weird to have a pokemon with a large amount of fat, suddenly grows muscles in evolution? However, yes.. then again, evolution can work in strange and mysterious ways~!
Quote:
Snorlax spend the majority of their time sleeping, surviving on their stored fat. Many Snorlax only awaken once a month, spending their waking time finding more food.
From Bulbapedia. So I'd consider that pretty lazy =P

I'd actually like to see a pre-evolution for Plusle and Minun to share, maybe something that would be neutral, and then would evolve into either one based on stats or something.
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
I wonder if they would give something like Lapras TWO pre-evolutions.

The problem is that so far all pre-evolutions have been obtained by using incenses and couldn't breed... so what would happen to the middle one? Would it simply breed its own species and also require the same incense to get the earliest stage?
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
I wonder if they would give something like Lapras TWO pre-evolutions.

The problem is that so far all pre-evolutions have been obtained by using incenses and couldn't breed... so what would happen to the middle one? Would it simply breed its own species and also require the same incense to get the earliest stage?
I'm seriously confused by what you are saying.

all of the Pre-evos made aren't all Incense babies. Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid, Magby, and Smoochum are manditory babies. They are automatically bred when you breed a female from their family. Tyrogue needs ditto but is forced without incense. Gen 3+ are the Incense babies.

Incense babies can only be bred with incense and are the lowest form of an evolutionary line. It can't be a stage 1 or second form. If the Stage 1 is bred without an incense it breed what ever it was. Like say breed Roselia without Rose incense, you get roselia. With Rose incense you get Budew.
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM
HyperXhydra

Dunsparce needs an evolution!
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Yes, agree whole-heartedly. It's pretty much just sitting there and it's completely mediocre in every way. I'd love it to get a boost.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

I almost always forget Dunsparce even exists...giving him an evolution would at least make him more interesting, and maybe even good enough to be actually used in a team

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Forever
let it go

How about... a Carracosta evolution? Could certainly be strong and become something big in OU at least! Or maybe, idk.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

A 2nd evolution for a fossil pokemon? That would definitely be something new, but kinda unlikely maybe? Would be unfair to all the other poor fossil pokes

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Forever
let it go

But Carracosta was introduced in the generation of change!

...plus maybe all fossils could get evolutions then!
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Now that would be pretty cool! I'd love to see a Kabutops evolution :D

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I don't see new evolutions for fossil pokemons. Atleast not a natural evolution. Probably something akin to genesect ? I mean, what if this generations fossil pokemon(s) has a split evolution. One natural and other Mechanical ? We can have the option to take it to a lab or something and using a machine to evolve it or just let it evolve naturally.

Sponsored Links