The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
One natural and other Mechanical ? We can have the option to take it to a lab or something and using a machine to evolve it or just let it evolve naturally.
Now I'd love to see something like that happening! Then instead of being always a Rock type + something they could be Steel or electric + something? Sounds like a cool idea :3

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Forever
let it go

That's awesome! Steel evolutions for Carracosta... hmmm... it'd benefit Archeops because it'd be less SR weak, too! Daym this'd make certain Pokemon wayyy too strong lmao. But I really like the idea a lot!!
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Yeah me too, and it would make it very interesting since you would be given more choices than we have now. Even the idea of turning the fossils to a mechanic pokemon could make for some cool story elements!!

Old March 15th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Forever
let it go

That too! Plus with the DNA theme it could be somewhat likely to happen really - and changing up old fossils could also represent changing the fossils of the past, and starting all over again, which is what Johto did kind of...?
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

It woudl fit the whole "new generation" setting pretty well in every aspect.
I'm not quite sure what you mean about Johto though??

Old March 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

But maybe that's just my dislike for it coming through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightyWillBill View Post
How.dare.you. Druddigon is obviously the best Unova Pokemon, and there are many others out there besides myself who love Druddi. But maybe that's my love love for him coming through.

But yeah, I agree, I don't want him to get an evolution. He's good enough as is IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Yes, and they're more likely to think like that if said pokémon they're discussing isn't already massive and hugely unpopular.
Um…how about a Druddigon pre-evolution?

EDIT: Oh, wait; it's already been discussed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
So I've made a few changes on my suggested pre-evos/evos for previous gen Pokemon:

Pre-evo - Skarmory, Audino, Heatmor, Druddigon

Evo - Bannette, Corsola, Qwilfish, Gothitelle, Durant, Sableye, Mawile, Cherrim, Carnivine, Swoobat, Chimecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferna View Post
I would love a Keckleon evo, Herracross evo (i don't care how strong it is ;___; ), Druddigon prevo (it would be so qt), Emolga evo and a Stantler evo would all be awesome :3
aslong as game freak don't go crazy and evolve every single unevolved/one stage pokemon I'll be quite happy.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; March 15th, 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: This has already been discussed.
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Um…how about a Druddigon pre-evolution?
I guess that could be pretty cool. I'd love to see an Evolution for Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime, since they already have pre-evos, why not an actual 2nd stage? :D

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I kind of love Druddigon, so giving it a pre-evolution would be cool. I don't want it to evolve into anything else though, but that's just because I love how it's appearance is and I don't want it to change =P
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
because I love how it's appearance is and I don't want it to change =P
That's how i feel about people wanting a Snorlax evo

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Although in reality that's kind of silly to say since you aren't REQUIRED to evolve it. So a Sumo Snorlax or whatever they think up of for Druddigon wouldn't be awful, I just wouldn't use them =P
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I don't think Snorlax is ever going to get an evolution unless Gamefreak takes power creep to a whole new level. Snorlax is already sitting on a 540 BST. It would be kind of ridiculous to see it get even higher considering how good he already is.

Druddigon is sitting at 485, so I can imagine him getting an evolution, but I agree with Jake. I like his appearance as is. It makes me think of a small child drawing up a concept and Gamefreak being like "this is gold!" and putting it into the game. :] It's kind of adorable.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
A pre evo for emolga and pacharisu would be good as well. They're clearly related!
…but what about the rest of the electric rodents' evolution lines? And then there's the water rabbit line, as well as my opinion that Plusle and Minun need a shared pre-evolution (and maybe evolutions, too; they're sort of underpowered compared to Pikachu – but then again, I think that Pikachu is the only powerful electric rodent, especially since it can evolve into Raichu when exposed to the Thunder Stone – along with most of the rest of its cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Even with not many attack EVs, a nice brave bird could still leave a chunk in HP for certain Pokemon, so it's offensive abilities are certainly not to be underestimated, even if they're not really the best around. XD

My worries as far as a Sigilyph evo is concerned is that, given that in competitive battling, the most common kind of Sigilyph is the Cosmic Power/Stored Power, I'm kind of worried about what the new evolution would bring. I mean for me personally, I feel that Sigilyph is pretty much Xatu evo, even if it really isn't and even if it looks pretty much nothing like Xatu.
Well, parts of Sigilyph remind me strongly of Unown (plus, Unown are glyphs, although it is unknown whether they or language came first, while Sigilyph has 'sign' and 'glyph' in its name.) Maybe its pre-evo. could be a Pokémon that turns into it when its traded with an Unown (or, if this generation implements multi-Pokémon trading the rest of the way, more than one – you could have asymmetrical trading! But maybe that's for another thread…)

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; March 15th, 2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Wondering if it would be possible for Hypno to have some sort of evo? It doesn't seem to be very powerful, and its only prominent stat is it's Special Defense. I'd like to see it become more offensive, maybe a good boost in special attack, if anything, y'know? And speed, too.
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Creating an Evo for Hypno seems like a cool idea, I'd like to see that. At the same time, i think a pre-/Evolution for Absol would be pretty nice

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Forever
let it go

sPA boost, yeah, but a sPD lowering would even it up a bit for an evolution. I mean otherwise it'd rival Gardevoir in a way and might make it used less :/
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Really hope corsola gets an evo. Basically like Krabby to Kingler, just a bigger, more awsome version of corsola. Theres quite few Gen 2 pokes i think should get evos (heracross,dunsparce,quilfish), and also pinsir and sableye
Old March 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
sPA boost, yeah, but a sPD lowering would even it up a bit for an evolution. I mean otherwise it'd rival Gardevoir in a way and might make it used less :/
I actually just realized that both it's Attack and Special attack are the same, so maybe lower SpD and make it more of a mixed attacker by raising both Attack/SpA/Speed? Would make it more decently used while setting it apart form Gardy.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
That's awesome! Steel evolutions for Carracosta... hmmm... it'd benefit Archeops because it'd be less SR weak, too! Daym this'd make certain Pokemon wayyy too strong lmao. But I really like the idea a lot!!
Ha ha mechanical Archeops would be pretty cool, except way too strong in my opinion ! Turning Archeops into a Steel/Flying would give him only 2 weaknesses (fire, electric). Although this could be a downside because Archeops loses the effectiveness of STAB stone edge and rock slide, and replaces it with STAB steel (which has terrible type coverage).
Great idea nonetheless!

Gen 6.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:18 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I want to see a kangaskhan pre evo so badly. I also wanna see Dunsparce get some attention.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 16th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Does anyone think Bisharp should be given an evolution, by any chance? This Pokemon isn't really pretty known, and it's type is fairly horrible, leaving it weak to a lot of the game's types (even the popular ones like Ground and Fire, and even Fighting ). Do you think an evolution might give Bisharp what it needs to survive in the increasingly offensive metagame?
I always thought that Bisharp should evolve into either the king or queen in chess. Obviously these evolutions would be based on gender (Male Bisharp evolve into king, and female evolve into queen).
Now, I know I do a lot of statistics, but I like doing them for some reason.

Monzaror (King)
Hp: 95
Atk: 130
Def: 105
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 90
Spd: 70
BST: 550

Regade (Queen)
Hp: 70
Atk: 140
Def: 80
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 80
Spd: 120
BST: 550

As you can see, Monzaror (Monarch and Razor) is the physical tanker. And Regade (Regal and Blade) is the physical sweeper.

BTW everyone, can you let me know wether or not you like my made-up statistics, or would you rather me not write them? I just want to know.

Gen 6.
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Pinsir and heracross pre-evos

I just found this randomly on the web. What do you guys think?
Convincing fake, or a proof heracross and pinsir will have pre evos?

Im not sure what to think, since it doesnt specify where this was taken or anything else...but they definitely look cute and realistic enough, at least to me

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Pinsir and heracross pre-evos

I just found this randomly on the web. What do you guys think?
Convincing fake, or a proof heracross and pinsir will have pre evos?

Im not sure what to think, since it doesnt specify where this was taken or anything else...but they definitely look cute and realistic enough, at least to me
Nah it was a fake, and Mr XY said it'd be on the 15th and it wasn't :( Wouldn't mind something like them, though!
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Nah it was a fake, and Mr XY said it'd be on the 15th and it wasn't Wouldn't mind something like them, though!
Oh man that's sad, i already got all my hopes up
The designs are kinda cool though, so i still hope they do get a real pre-evo!

Old March 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hopefully they'll be cuter than that. How about a pre evolution for Maractus?
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Maractus looks more like a pokemon who could get an actual Evolution to me, he just seems to have the potential to be more than he is now imo.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here