< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Reply Post Reply

Old March 16th, 2013 (8:34 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Personally I believe Maractus should get the Roselia treatment. A small baby cactus pre evo with a small flower, and a large cactus that I imagine to look like a mix of ludicolo and Cacturne
Crimson Ruby, Indigo Sapphire, Green Emerald.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 16th, 2013 (8:38 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
That actually sounds like a really cool idea, I'd love to see that happen! Should his evo get a second type or remain a pure grass type?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 17th, 2013 (7:45 AM).
nasty plot
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Pure grass probably, unless sound was to become a type (which I really doubt :x)

I'm paired with and in love with Frizy
Old March 17th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Sound becoming a type? oO
First time i hear about that!

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I honestly don't see giving Maractus any other evolutions. I mean it's definitely possible, but I feel like it's one of those stand-alone Pokémon. Although, a baby cactus that was cute (since Cacnea isn't) would be adorable.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:17 PM).
Gold Tier

I might see a baby Maractus but I dunno about an evolution. I think it's fine the way it is personally.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:25 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Pretty much my feeling. I feel like it getting bigger somehow so we had a giant cactus would almost just be ridiculous.
Old March 17th, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Silver Tier

What about some of the other 13 Unova Pokémon that don't have evolutions or pre evolutions? I can see Audino, Sawk, Throh, and Basculin getting something this time around.
Old March 17th, 2013 (1:06 PM).
Professor Of Fail

I don't understand why people dislike Pre-Evos. Granted, they're weaker and more gimmicky, but they're also cute and fun to raise. besides if you're playing only for stats then you're not really playing right.
I want to see some branched evolutions similar to Gen II's to Gen I; a 'Politoed' equivalent to the Tympole line, and possibly link Sawk and Throh just like the Hitmons. After all, Gen V was more or less designed to have similarities to the first one.
As for Prevos, Kangaskhan needs fixing. It's been four generations as of X and Y since breeding was introduced and it needs to lose that baby! the breeding mechanics left no room for mammallian breeding in the Pokeverse...though that sentence implies humans in the pokemon world also breed with eggs...

Anyway, Lapras needs something smaller and cuter to come from, and as for evolutions perhaps Mr Mime could become something a little less freaky. Audino getting a 'new blissey' look would also be appreciated. Farfetch'd also called, he wants to be cool again.
Old March 17th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

I don't think that just because something stands alone that it NEEDS to get an evolution. Things like Sawk and Throh I would have no problem for them to stay as they are, no evolutions required. I mean I could see a pre-evolution to link them together, but I wouldn't want them to evolve further than they have already.
Old March 17th, 2013 (3:21 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I don't think that just because something stands alone that it NEEDS to get an evolution
I share that opinion, and to be honest i hope we get more new and original pokemon than just a bunch of pre-/Evolutions of pokemon that we already know. Of course it makes some pokemon more useful and interesting, but i hope they don't go over board with it

Old March 17th, 2013 (5:22 PM).
and so our story begins
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
I never really saw a point for Sawk and Throh to evolve. I mean, personally, I'd love to see an evolution for them, but...what would they look like, and would they basically be hitmon clones all over again? What would separate them from the hitmons? So many questions, and yet so little answers, which is why I kind of feel it's best to leave them as it is. Audino is also another one that just isn't fit for an evo. What else can it do? It could possibly grow more powerful offensively of course, but there are so many other more preferable normal types that outclass Audino entirely.

It's kind of a sad thing, because these Pokemon would definitely be interesting with an evolution at any rate, but the problem being is that there are more preferable Pokemon to choose from, at least competitively. That, and there's really no point to evolving them.
pair
an enigma of colours and dreams beyond.
Old March 17th, 2013 (9:37 PM).
Professor Of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I never really saw a point for Sawk and Throh to evolve. I mean, personally, I'd love to see an evolution for them, but...what would they look like, and would they basically be hitmon clones all over again? What would separate them from the hitmons? So many questions, and yet so little answers, which is why I kind of feel it's best to leave them as it is. Audino is also another one that just isn't fit for an evo. What else can it do? It could possibly grow more powerful offensively of course, but there are so many other more preferable normal types that outclass Audino entirely.

It's kind of a sad thing, because these Pokemon would definitely be interesting with an evolution at any rate, but the problem being is that there are more preferable Pokemon to choose from, at least competitively. That, and there's really no point to evolving them.
I see most of the Unova pokemon as being like Gen I counterparts, based on that theory of similar-but-different-evolution-by-location thingie. Timburr is the new Machop, Sawk/Throh are the new Hitmons, Tympol is the new poliwag, etc. An odd exception to them all being gen I counterparts would probably be Alomamola, which seems to be a counterpart to Luvdisc...even though it would have done better were it a Luvdisc evo.
Old March 17th, 2013 (9:59 PM).
Silver Tier

I see Audino as the Chancey of Unova, so I see it becoming bigger, with increase Hp that's sky high. However I perfer if it's evolution got a better special attack as it has such a vast special movepool imo which can't be fully used as it is now.
Old March 18th, 2013 (2:39 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I see Audino as the Chancey of Unova, so I see it becoming bigger, with increase Hp that's sky high. However I perfer if it's evolution got a better special attack as it has such a vast special movepool imo which can't be fully used as it is now.
I quite agree. Audino can be useful to some extent due to its massive movepool, but its stats are just...well...yeah.
I like Audino just as much as Chansey, however Chansey gets an evolution - Blissey, so my vote goes to Chansey. I think an evolution for Audino would make sense, Blissey came into existence during the generation after Chanseys, so an evolution in the generation after Audinos gen (gen 6) just seems necessary. Plus, Audino would be much more useful with an Eviolite, as both its defenses would be increased to 130 (I rounded off 129) and 103 hp to go with that 130 def and sp-def would make Audino a pretty spectacular wall, maybe even outclassing Blissey - maybe.

Audino evolution all the way!
Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013 (5:02 AM).
and so our story begins
Platinum TierCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorBeeching View Post
I see most of the Unova pokemon as being like Gen I counterparts, based on that theory of similar-but-different-evolution-by-location thingie. Timburr is the new Machop, Sawk/Throh are the new Hitmons, Tympol is the new poliwag, etc. An odd exception to them all being gen I counterparts would probably be Alomamola, which seems to be a counterpart to Luvdisc...even though it would have done better were it a Luvdisc evo.
Of course, you're really not the only one! A lot of people have thought Alomamola was a Luvdisc evo, and it was quite shocking when it wasn't really (meaning that it had kind of nothing to do with Luvdisc, which I firmly believe is kind of bs).

In any case, you raise a good point here. :3 Never thought of the Unova pokemon like that, really..

Quote:
I see Audino as the Chancey of Unova, so I see it becoming bigger, with increase Hp that's sky high.
But then again, why not just stick with Chansey, if that's the case? I suppose an Audino evolution would be kind of cool, for grinding purposes (assuming it could ever be found in the wild), but other than that, I don't really much use for it. It has potential, but what can it do that other normal Pokemon are currently unable to?
pair
Old March 18th, 2013 (5:43 AM).
Emulation Noob

I can see Basculin getting an evo, it'd be interesting if they take him the same way as Magikarp.
I.e. Turning Basculin into a serpent, or even a hydra.
But we already have Hydreigon as the hydra, so back to the drawing board for me.

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013 (5:56 AM).
and so our story begins
Platinum TierCS

I completely forgot about Basculin! I kind of wondered why it never got an evo, as I feel that was pretty unfair to do to it, really. Based on it's appearance, it looks like a fierce little thing, probably it'd evolve into another shark? I imagine it being very similar to Carvanha in that sense.
pair
Old March 18th, 2013 (6:19 AM).

A Basculin evo would be so cool, I also hope it has an evo like Gyarados. Although since Basculin is more powerful than Magikarp, I believe the evolution would take place at a higher level, say lvl.41?

I hope the evo looks something like this: (Not my design btw)

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013 (6:27 AM).
Emulation Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
A Basculin evo would be so cool, I also hope it has an evo like Gyarados. Although since Basculin is more powerful than Magikarp, I believe the evolution would take place at a higher level, say lvl.41?

Carvanha approves this evo

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013 (7:00 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post

This looks awesome! It would totally fit, but i would let him evolve somewhat sooner, maybe around 32?

Old March 18th, 2013 (7:39 AM).

Evolution at around lvl.32 sounds more like it. Do you think the evo would be water-dark just like Sharpedo or maybe just a mono-water type?

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013 (7:57 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Tough question...Basculin or his evo don't strike me as a dark type, but maybe some other 2nd type? i just don't know which

Old March 18th, 2013 (8:05 AM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Any new Evolution would be by new attack, Item, trade method, or new status (such as friendship) or based on location. Not by level. If it could have evolved by level it would have in Gen 5. When they make new evolutions its always a effort evolution. So if Basculin evolves its either based on a location or a new item or a new move.
Old March 18th, 2013 (8:06 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
When they make new evolutions its always a effort evolution. So if Basculin evolves its either based on a location or a new item or a new move.
Thanks for pointing that out, i totally forgot that! I guess it could be by item or location then

Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links