The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:13 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm willing to jump onto the bandwagon of rumors speculating that Sableye might be given a new evolution. The little guy certainty deserves one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I agree. :( Maybe a middle evolution between the two could be viable, though?
I don't see how that would work though. If Riolu can already evolve into Lucario without a middle stage, why add one? It wouldn't make sense if they did that. If anything, a split evolution would be more likely, but I don't see them doing that.
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I'm willing to jump onto the bandwagon of rumors speculating that Sableye might be given a new evolution. The little guy certainty deserves one.
I know this has been mentioned before, but if we're giving Sabeleye an evolution I totally support giving Mawile one as well. It makes sense they're a pair essentially, being version exclusives found in Granite Cave. It'd be cool to have them as version exclusives again, and have their evolutions present in each one too!

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I just remember Krabby today, Kingler should totally get a final evolution, Water/Steel :3
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I wouldn't have anything against that! :3 As long as it's still slow...though my concerns with a Kingler evolution lie within its extremely high Attack/Defense stat, and having that strengthened would be quite the double-edged sword. On one hand, if used by the proper player, it could tank a ton of physical blows and hit back hard. On the other hand, it'll be a complete pain to fight against, but then again, it is still slow...
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I wouldn't have anything against that! :3 As long as it's still slow...though my concerns with a Kingler evolution lie within its extremely high Attack/Defense stat, and having that strengthened would be quite the double-edged sword. On one hand, if used by the proper player, it could tank a ton of physical blows and hit back hard. On the other hand, it'll be a complete pain to fight against, but then again, it is still slow...
Counter it with a super effective special sweeper and you should be alright. Of course, if you can't OHK it, then you better hope you can stand up against its heavy attack power too. I don't know where I stand on Kingler getting an evolution. While I love the idea of it becoming Water/Steel, I don't know if it needs one. I guess you could say I'm indifferent. Either way wouldn't bother me though.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

How about this:

If anything needs an evolution, it should be Stunfisk.

Let that sink in your minds for a bit. xD
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I know this has been mentioned before, but if we're giving Sabeleye an evolution I totally support giving Mawile one as well. It makes sense they're a pair essentially, being version exclusives found in Granite Cave. It'd be cool to have them as version exclusives again, and have their evolutions present in each one too!
Most pairs don't get evolutions at the same time though. I mean a lot of pairs were broken in Gen 2 and 4 because their opposite got an evolution and they didn't.

Also saw something about Aerodactyl. Very little chance of him getting a Pre-Evo. 5 Generations have passed and he comes straight from the fossil himself. I can only see him getting an evolution not to completely destroy coding already set cause why would the evolution come from the fossil if he has a form before.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:56 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Most pairs don't get evolutions at the same time though. I mean a lot of pairs were broken in Gen 2 and 4 because their opposite got an evolution and they didn't.
maybe the broken ones just get more attention than the ones kept?

Lets see,
duos broken by new stages:
-no Bellossom for Vitreebel
-no Kingdra for Seaking
-no Scizor for Pinsir (but Heracross as an even closer relative so dunno)
-No Skarmtyke
-No Dusknoir for Banette

both gaining stages:
-Cleffa/Igglybuff
-Hitmons relation strengthened by making them one family
-Electivire/Magmortar, twice
-eeveelutions, several times
but there is also those who weren't clearly duos, but were made obvious by gaining new stages:
-Bonsly/MimeJr
-Lickilicky/Tangrowth
-Honchkrow/Mismagius
-Gliscor/Weavile

but the interesting thing to note here is that we havent seen a broken duo get fixed yet afterwards, except for getting a new replacement (Heracross)

I wish they would show us its possible at least and fix one of them.
Skarmory baby and Banette-evo please ):

Quote:
Also saw something about Aerodactyl. Very little chance of him getting a Pre-Evo. 5 Generations have passed and he comes straight from the fossil himself. I can only see him getting an evolution not to completely destroy coding already set cause why would the evolution come from the fossil if he has a form before.
Eh it could be excused as any other post-gen2 baby pokemon. A special fossil insence discovered which allows for them to breed weaker forms.

All fossils having 2 stages would be boring tho...unless they introduce a new mono-stage or 3-stage one of course...heck a fossil+pseudolegend would be awesome /off-topic lol
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post

both gaining stages:
-Cleffa/Igglybuff
-Hitmons relation strengthened by making them one family
-Electivire/Magmortar, twice
-eeveelutions, several times
but there is also those who weren't clearly duos, but were made obvious by gaining new stages:
-Bonsly/MimeJr
-Lickilicky/Tangrowth
-Honchkrow/Mismagius
-Gliscor/Weavile

but the interesting thing to note here is that we havent seen a broken duo get fixed yet afterwards, except for getting a new replacement (Heracross)

I wish they would show us its possible at least and fix one of them.
Skarmory baby and Banette-evo please ):
Electabuzz/Magmar would have gone to the first list as a trio that split up in Gen 4 thanks to gaining evolutions while their third didn't.

Same evolutions aren't pairs.

Cleffa/Igglybuff both go with every other baby that was introduced in Gen 2 with same evolution methods, Pichu, Togepi.

Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime were introduced in different eras. Same as Hera and Pinsir. They can't be pairs. Nothing matches up except for evolution standards but then they can share this with other Pokemon as well. Hardly even qualifies for being able to pair up. As for Hera and Pinsir, they were only paired after Pinsir lost its original pair partner. This to me was just done as an excuse to keep Pinsir paired. Other than that not much is similar.

There isn't much similarity between the last set of pairs either. At least they were introduced in the same generations, but they all hardly qualify as pairs seeing as the two have next to nothing alike.

I don't believe that GF even pairs Pokemon up unless they were designed to play off one another or designed for Tag battles. For the latter that's pretty much just Gen 3 Pokemon.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM

How about an evolution for Minun and Plusle? I know they're Hoenn's Raichu (I prefer Rai over Pika) clones but Raichu got a baby evolution outside of it's generation so maybe the other Raichu clones will too...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Eh. Giving them an evolution is like giving every Pikachu clone an evolution though, in a sense. Why doesn't Pachirisu have one, as well as Emolga? Though it's kind of strange to me, how these "pikachu clones" dont even have evolutions of their own, so they could maximize their potential somehow, so I wouldn't really be against an evo either way.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:38 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Electabuzz/Magmar would have gone to the first list as a trio that split up in Gen 4 thanks to gaining evolutions while their third didn't.

Same evolutions aren't pairs.

Cleffa/Igglybuff both go with every other baby that was introduced in Gen 2 with same evolution methods, Pichu, Togepi.

Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime were introduced in different eras. Same as Hera and Pinsir. They can't be pairs. Nothing matches up except for evolution standards but then they can share this with other Pokemon as well. Hardly even qualifies for being able to pair up. As for Hera and Pinsir, they were only paired after Pinsir lost its original pair partner. This to me was just done as an excuse to keep Pinsir paired. Other than that not much is similar.

There isn't much similarity between the last set of pairs either. At least they were introduced in the same generations, but they all hardly qualify as pairs seeing as the two have next to nothing alike.

I don't believe that GF even pairs Pokemon up unless they were designed to play off one another or designed for Tag battles. For the latter that's pretty much just Gen 3 Pokemon.
Electabuzz/Magmar were not part of a trio. Jynx (I assume) is distinct from them in several ways (being weaker, having a Psy type, being female, obtained in its own way..), but even simply from a design viewpoint.. Magmar and Electabuzz are both humanoid versions of an animal, with patterns across their body that clearly show off their element. Whereas Jynx is something else entirely and I would never guess the Ice type.

But anyhow. Care to elaborate what you meant by "pairs" then?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

At first, I though they were part of a trio but....I don't see what Jynx really has in common with Electabuzz or even Magmar. Arguably (actually it can hardly be debated considering Jynx's anatomy), Jynx is more humanoid than the former two (even though they're all really humanoid in a sense), but that's all I really see them having in common. oO; So in that sense, maybe Jynx isn't really paired up with them, after all, which is why it didn't get an evo.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Electabuzz/Magmar were not part of a trio. Jynx (I assume) is distinct from them in several ways (being weaker, having a Psy type, being female, obtained in its own way..), but even simply from a design viewpoint.. Magmar and Electabuzz are both humanoid versions of an animal, with patterns across their body that clearly show off their element. Whereas Jynx is something else entirely and I would never guess the Ice type.

But anyhow. Care to elaborate what you meant by "pairs" then?
Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar were a trio until Gen 4 broke them. They have always been regarded as a trio by fans until two got an evolution. They share the Electric/Ice/Fire grouping as the Legendary Bird trio which is rumored that they were supposed to be the legendary trio until the birds replaced them.

All the pairs are directly linked to one another by existence.

Nidoran M and Nidoran F. While separate Pokemon, they are part of the same family.

Volbeat and Illumise share the Nidoran relationship. They are two separate Pokemon that are part of the same family.

Plusel and Minun were designed for Tag battles. Having identical patters, move sets, and abilities that were originally just for them and used to power one another up during tag and double battles.

Lunatone and Solrock share a backstory of being from the same origin, share the same moves.

Zangoose and Seviper share a history. While its not a nice history, they still directly influenced each other's design.

Latios and Latias are from the same family and share a history with one another.

Newest pair is Karrablast and Shelmet. Since the two need each other to evolve I don't think they'll ever lose their pairing.

These are pretty much always shown together and around the same areas. Where you find one, you find the other if both are available if not then they are available in two separate games in the same area.

Most others came into existence through fans, but majority of fan made ones have been constantly broken by Gamefreak in later games. Those are so far the only ones to have remained. Might be a bit more but these were the ones right at the top of my head without needing to go through the Pokedex again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
At first, I though they were part of a trio but....I don't see what Jynx really has in common with Electabuzz or even Magmar. Arguably (actually it can hardly be debated considering Jynx's anatomy), Jynx is more humanoid than the former two (even though they're all really humanoid in a sense), but that's all I really see them having in common. oO; So in that sense, maybe Jynx isn't really paired up with them, after all, which is why it didn't get an evo.

It didn't want to get one because GF didn't want to give it one. Until Gen 4, all three have high similarities and were meant to be the legendary trio of the original games, being replaced by the birds.

If Jynx were to get another Evolutions and if it ends up with an item ending in "-izer" many fans will fight to get her added back into as a trio. It wasn't until Gen 4 that Electabuzz and Magmar started getting more publicity but that was very short lived.

Even though the already shown picture was fake, some fans still believe the rumor that there will be a Jynx evolution. Really the only reason for wanting her to evolve is because they want to reestablish the trio.

Samething would happen if Pinsir got an evolution and Heracross didn't. Pinsir would drop Heracross as its paired Pokemon and go back to being Scyther's pair.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Just to comment on all the pair thing (since I guess I sort of started the topic), I do realize that they aren't officially a pair or anything, but from a fan's perspective they kind of are, so with that logic it made sense. Of course, they don't have to follow through with that, so I'd be okay with just seeing a Mawile evolution and not having one for Sableye =P

On a different note, I'd love to see an evolution given to the Skitty line. Delcatty is just meh honestly, although it has a decent support movepool. Plus it's adorable =P Unlikely to happen due to Skitty evolving into Delcatty via Moon Stone, but it'd still be nice!

Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
MetaRaptor
Unhatched Egg

I'm not a big fan of Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of old Pokemon. While I may learn to love some of them, others just look horrible to me. For example I will never like Lickilicky and Magmortar.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
On a different note, I'd love to see an evolution given to the Skitty line. Delcatty is just meh honestly, although it has a decent support movepool. Plus it's adorable =P Unlikely to happen due to Skitty evolving into Delcatty via Moon Stone, but it'd still be nice!
Honestly, Delcatty is a Pokemon that I feel deserves an evolution above everything else. .___. It's a cute Pokemon but...is it there for just aesthetics only? I feel that it could has so much potential, and that giving it an evolution would hopefully unlock a lot of that.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:35 AM

I also wish that it'll have one. Darn, I'm hoping that they'll break the stone evolutions don't have anymore evolution non written rule they have going on.
Also I feel that Manectic could use an evolution, she's the one I'm hoping gets an evolution the most out of all the Hoenn Pokémon.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Honestly I'm rather fond of Manectric as it is, and it's stats aren't too bad really. It could be given one, but I don't really see it as a necessity for it.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM

I think it's evolution's design should look more like a real life wolf. That way we can have our real wolf pokemon as many seem to forget it's based on a wolf
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Did someone already mention Spinda having an evolution of some sort, or does it reall need one? It's a cute, underrated Pokemon that I wish would see more use competitively, and plus I wonder what an evo for it would look like. n_n
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM

I hope they give it one...one that knows moves that lower it's stats so it's DW ability will be more useful xD It could be a giant Panda.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I think a Mawile evo would be pretty cool. I'd also be happy if it got two evos (not stage 1 & 2 but two stage 1s similar to Huntail & Gorebyss), one were it's a bigger version of the yellow part of Mawile without the black jaw and another were the black jaw has consumed the rest of Mawile.

I know Farfetch'd gets brought up a lot, but I contemplated it further earlier when I compared its uselessness to Murkrow before Honchkrow was introduced.

Shuckle and Heracross could do with evolutions just for more exposure, they're part of a section of Johto pokemon I easily manage to forget.

It would be cool if Spinda evolved into a powerful pokemon that gets confused through its ability, in a sort of similar drawback to Slaking.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:33 AM

It's creepy to think about but the black jaw is it's actual mouth...the rest is just...there to throw prey off...so I think she'll keep her trick in evolution.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

A Spinda evolution would definitely be cool. I mean, something to actual abuse Contrary (other than Superpower) would be really cool for it. That, or just to up its stats so it could actually get an attack off easier =P

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links