Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 25th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Some metals on the periodic table are poisonous though. Like Mercury. Its not entirely out of the question.
That is true, wasn't even thinking from that angle actually! So I suppose it's not too far out of the realm of reality, so who knows.

As far another evolution that I'd personally just like to see (for no real reason other than that I love the evolutionary line), I'd love to see an Altaria evolution. I have no idea what it'd even look like after evolving, but it'd still be cute I'd imagine =P
Old April 26th, 2013 (12:19 AM).
Forever
let it go

Maybe an Altaria middle evolution instead? I mean it goes from this cute bird thing to this gigantic dragon thing and if they go any further in the evolution line they might destroy it.
Old April 26th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't really even see Altaria as much of a Dragon though. It still just looks like a giant cloud puffball to me =P Maybe giving it a final stage evolution to something that has some sort of dragon qualities to it would be nicer to me. A middle stage evolution would just be awkward to throw in. I mean how would Swablu evolve into Altaria...and then just stop and evolve to something different that THEN evolves into Altaria? Just seems weird to me.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Altaria is one weird pkmn.. I mean, how a cloud pkmn be a dragon?
Maybe swablu needs a side evo .
Old April 26th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Maybe an Altaria middle evolution instead? I mean it goes from this cute bird thing to this gigantic dragon thing and if they go any further in the evolution line they might destroy it.
the chances of that happening are the same as the chances that Luvdisc and Alomomola are related by evolution and will gain a middle evolution to connect them...0 percent.
Old April 26th, 2013 (01:47 PM).
MarinoKadame

Quote originally posted by shubham2207:
Steel/poison?
I don't think this is gonna get real.
U knw, imo, steel/poison is just like a water/fire type pkmn which is nvr possible..
Water/Fire could be somekind of steam pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 26th, 2013 (04:25 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Water/Fire could be somekind of steam pokemon.
This. Honestly, I see no reason as to how/why it shouldn't happen. Especially this generation; I'm pretty much wholeheartedly expecting new type mixes, if anything. It wouldn't be surprising if Water/Fire was one of them.

Also, Altaria is kind of fine as it is? I'd probably go with Jake's post and perhaps give it a final evolution, but by no means is giving it a middle evo going to help things, really. D:
Old April 26th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

Nature: Quirky
Any idea if Magcargo is more likely to obtain an evolution? The snail hasn't really gotten a lot of love even with Shell Smash. The only is that there needs to be another animal from the same family as snails and slug that's more detailed than a normal snail irl.
Old April 26th, 2013 (07:49 PM).
Community Supporter

Maybe Marcargo could become pure rock...I know most pokémon don't lose a type especially their first type but it's possible...like the magma completely hardens.
Old April 26th, 2013 (07:59 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I really don't see Magcargo losing it's type if it evolves, really. I mean, you've got a point: Magma has to harden at some point, but...I dunno, for some reason, even if Magma hardens, isn't it still very hot? Unless I'm just getting it really wrong, but I don't know. xD

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's kind of an abrupt move if it loses its Fire-typing all of a sudden, since that's more or less its main STAB.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:11 PM).
shubham2207

Some pkmns aren't made to be loved in any way. What about furret? Anyone remember that sexy normal type pikachu?

Also wt i know about slugma is that it should evolve into heatran..:-P they both look alike..
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Some pkmns aren't made to be loved in any way. What about furret? Anyone remember that sexy normal type pikachu?

Also wt i know about slugma is that it should evolve into heatran..:-P they both look alike..
Furret is a Raticate clone...not a Pikachu one owo;;

Its used fairly often by a lot of my friends over the other clones minus Bidoof for slaving sake. Though I do sorta agree, that they are designed in certain ways on purpose.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:

Not really. Slugma....doesn't really look anything remotely related to heatran, not even if you gave it iron plates to it's face. It'd just look awkward at worst, but it'd still wouldn't really look like Heatran. D:

As far as Furret is concerned, it could be given an evolution, but whether or not it'd be something useful in the long run is debatable. I feel this way because Furret is, unfortunately, a long forgotten Pokemon by most, and going by its stats, it's not exactly battle material, either.

I mean, give it an evo would still be a good option, but chances are even that evo would be outclassed by what currently exists. So it's kind of a redundancy issue, sadly. u_u
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
shubham2207

No, i didnt say that they look same, but they both look like a foot/leg wtevr it is..
Evo doesn't mean dat they have to look same. Take karrablast n escalivier.(wtevr its name is) karrablast was meant to evolve into accelgor. And same goes for shelmet and accelgor.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:35 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
As far as Furret is concerned, it could be given an evolution, but whether or not it'd be something useful in the long run is debatable. I feel this way because Furret is, unfortunately, a long forgotten Pokemon by most, and going by its stats, it's not exactly battle material, either.
Except Furret is a Raticate clone, and Raticate clones don't receive evolutions due to traditional reasons.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

No, i didnt say that they look same, but they both look like a foot/leg wtevr it is..
Evo doesn't mean dat they have to look same. Take karrablast n escalivier.(wtevr its name is) karrablast was meant to evolve into accelgor. And same goes for shelmet and accelgor.
But..where did you get that from my post? oO I never said anything about evos and looking the same, just generally the fact that Slugma and Heatran just...really don't look alike in the slightest. Of course, there are evolutions that exist in the Pokemon world that you would never expect would come out of their pre-evos, but the differences within the two are just too great to consider, really. I mean, isn't Heatran a psuedo-legend, if not a legend already? I guess that's my perspective on it.

Also, I really don't understand your Karrablast/Escavalier/Accelgor example. I don't see how Karrablast was "meant" to evolve into accelgor in any way but...I guess that's just me.
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:41 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

But furret's eyes and cheeks reminds me of pikachu..
Oh, don't worry! I feel that it's kind of a subjective matter more often than not of what Furret looks like (to be fair, its face kiiiind of resembles Pikachu's, but eh, not going too much into that). Just the fact that an evo wouldn't really help it stand out much more than it already is now. D:
Old April 26th, 2013 (08:58 PM).
shubham2207

@twilight sky - Nope, neither its legendary nor pseudo legendary.
Now wait, leme explain u.
You said that slugma and heatran are not remotalety related, but u said that evo can be anything. And also do u accept it they both look like a monsterfoot? So, they can be related to each other even if they aren't looking similar. But, it is just me, thats wt i thought when i saw both of them.

Also that shelmet/karrablast evo.
Shelmet has high defenses and crappy speed and even looks a part steel type. Also escalivier, it also has defenses and slow speed. So, i said that why gf didn't evolve shelmet into escalivier and evolved it into accelgor.? Are shelmet n accelgor related to each other?
Basically, wt i m saying is that evolutn doesnt mean that both the pkmn has to be related wid each other.
Old April 26th, 2013 (09:07 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
@twilight sky - Nope, neither its legendary nor pseudo legendary.
Now wait, leme explain u.
You said that slugma and heatran are not remotalety related, but u said that evo can be anything. And also do u accept it they both look like a monsterfoot? So, they can be related to each other even if they aren't looking similar. But, it is just me, thats wt i thought when i saw both of them.

Also that shelmet/karrablast evo.
Shelmet has high defenses and crappy speed and even looks a part steel type. Also escalivier, it also has defenses and slow speed. So, i said that why gf didn't evolve shelmet into escalivier and evolved it into accelgor.? Are shelmet n accelgor related to each other?
Basically, wt i m saying is that evolutn doesnt mean that both the pkmn has to be related wid each other.
Slugma and Heatran don't have any similarities other than being fire typed. That still isn't enough to associate an evolution. They are vastly different in design which includes moves. Seeing as Slugma was introduced in Gen 2 and Heatran in gen 4. There is absolutly no chance that either are or will ever be related to one another. That chance passed 2 generations ago.

Shelmet is related to Accelgor. Karrablast evolves into Escavalier. I don't know if you are intentionally using the wrong names or confusing the names yourself.

Shelmet leaves its shell upon evolution and becomes Accelgor. The shell that was left behind is taken by Karrablast when it evolves and it becomes Escavalier. Both are based on real world related bugs that do the same thing. One has a hard shell that is later taken by another insect when the original owner of the shell outgrows it.

Their relation is clearly made out through evolution method and history between the two Pokemon as well as real world allusions.
Old April 26th, 2013 (09:20 PM).
shubham2207

About slugma n heatran, I said its just me. And ty fr clrng about that shelmet/karrablast.
Old April 27th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Community Supporter

How about an evolution of Skunktank? It could become Poison/Fire I feel.
Old April 27th, 2013 (01:18 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
How about an evolution of Skunktank? It could become Poison/Fire I feel.
I like this idea! It's stats are medicore enough that an evolution definitely wouldn't be OP by any means (but reasonably quite powerful). However I still feel that it would retain it's Dark-typing, unless it starts growing flames out of nowhere, I don't see it really being a Fire type. :x
Old April 27th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
shubham2207

I think plusle and minun needs some evolutionary love.
Old April 27th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I think plusle and minun needs some evolutionary love.
Or maybe pre-evolutions for now i.e. Plusle ♀ + Minun ♂ = ♀ Baby Pokemon, while Plusle ♂ + Minun ♀ = ♂ Baby Pokemon.

<3

Just that it should avoid looking too much like Pichu :v it would also represent a "neutral" charge.

Maybe called Zenil, from Zero + Nil.

Dunno.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 28th, 2013 (05:22 AM).
Bestwaffles

A Lapras pre-evo would be interesting, but I have always kind of hoped for a Pinsir evolution, something similar to Scizor?

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links