The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:01 AM
MarinoKadame

Plusle and Minun pretty much look like Pichu already.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
amtgardbarbar
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I love Grimer and Muk. I think a new evolution of Muk would be fantastic. It would make me so very happy. Just imagine the seer awesomeness. Engulfing its prey with its massive body of toxic ooze. Also new evolutions for the only two pink things I would ever call BA which are Clefable and Wigglytuff. My final suggestion would be a new Golduck evo.
Old April 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
An evolution of Qwilfish, please, please. An OU Qwilfish is awesome. Well, I guess, if BW mimics the first gen, it would introduce several baby types of previous generation, and add some branch evolutions. A baby Pokemon of Audino, Throh/Sawk, Mincinno, and Alomomola is possible.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Hoping to get an evolution for each of the following (I know this is a bit much to ask for):
-Qwilfish
-Grumpig
-Camerupt
-Primeape
-Chimecho
-Farfetch'd
-Sandslash
-Mightyena
-Sunflora
-Banette
-Electrode
-Ariados
-Ledian
-Skarmory
-Mantine
-Heatmor
-Durant
-Beheeyem

Mostly I just want a Mightyena evolution because I love that thing. There are many Pokemon who would make sense to have a pre-evolution, but I'm not a big fan of pre-evos anyway.

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:09 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

A Camerupt evolution would be beasty, it only has two weaknesses, and has a ability which can weaken the damage it gets from them. So an evolution could possibly make it OU .

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
CrossZero
Blender Maker

Personally, i'd like to see 1st, 2nd, 3th, 4th and 5th gen. starters evolution, Imagine a Sceptile evolved O.O i'd really love it!!! But that wont happend never.

Also i'd like to se evolutions of eevee (all the elements) yo fly with my eevee XDDD

See you!! ;P
Why wont you let me hide from me!?
Mirror... tell me some thing... tell me whos the loneliest fo all?
I am the lonliest... of all
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Community Supporter

I'll like to see an evolution of Kriketot, it's the only early bug Pokemon without a third evolution, I feel like it could gain the dark type upon evolution.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
An evolution of Kricketot would be idea, but at the same time, I kind of question it because there are much more viable physical bug-types out there. What about a possible evolution for Pinsir, for example? It seems that would be much more fitting, to at least somewhat distinguish itself from Heracross and have some competitive use.
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Community Supporter

I know but stats don't always mean everything...plus it'll give it more stab moves...
A Pinsir evolution would be cool, if it gains the steel typing it can finally cut down those enemies it wasn't able to before, in the dex entry that is.

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:10 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I dun think pinsir needs an evolution. It stats are gud enough and is very useful and powerful in games. Maybe gf can give him some new abilities/attacks to make it cmpetitive, upto uu tier atleast
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:44 AM
Rayquaza 97
Draco Meteor.

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
A Pinsir evolution would be cool, if it gains the steel typing it can finally cut down those enemies it wasn't able to before, in the dex entry that is.
Isn't Heracross sort of like an evo, a bit like Alomomola/Luvdisk sort of thing?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I know but stats don't always mean everything...plus it'll give it more stab moves...
Don't misunderstand! I'm not saying that they do, by any means. Of course, forgive me for always seeing things in a competitive light (seeing as I've been around the competitive metagame for a good while). It's just that these are things that I personally look for when I personally consider whether or not a Pokemon is really deserving of an evolution, if you know what I mean. Not that I would have anything against a Kricketot evolution if it were to be made, I'm just saying that there still would be better Bug-types out there to use, so making one would be sort of pointless. .___.

But that aside, Pinsir gaining steel as a type is a fair double-edged sword. One would normally assume that Pinsir would become Bug/Fighting much like it's "twin", Heracross. But again, I feel that it has to separate itself, instead of being some sort of useless Heracross clone, so to speak. .___. So I do slightly/somewhat agree with its evo receiving steel as a type; it actually does eliminate SR weakness, but it does have some drawbacks. Getting rid of Bug's Fire resistance is one of them, along with getting rid of the ground resistance, but I feel that the resistances gained is bigger than the resistances lost here, so I'd say it's a win/win.

Just keep the evo away from Fire-types, as usual. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza 97 View Post
Isn't Heracross sort of like an evo, a bit like Alomomola/Luvdisk sort of thing?
...Eh...not really. I believe a lot of people are confused because...well...as I said above, I'd say (thought you might look at things differently, and that's fine!) that Pinsir is kind of like an inferior copy/clone of Heracross, so to speak? I mean, I know that's a harsh way of putting things, but there's hardly a way of looking at it. Its movepool is similar, has a decent attack (much like Heracross'), things of that nature, it just isn't as....good. I'm at least hoping that an evo would rectify that, and if it doesn't at least gain a new typing, to at least expand upon its current movepool and make it useful somehow. ._.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:09 AM
Rayquaza 97
Draco Meteor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'm at least hoping that an evo would rectify that, and if it doesn't at least gain a new typing, to at least expand upon its current movepool and make it useful somehow. ._.
I agree. Pinsir's movepool sucks at the moment so adding a typing would mean it could expand to a more respectable one. Although, aesthetically, I'm not sure how you could make a beetle-thingy look evolved without it being ridiculous. I think Heatmor desperately needs an evolved form as he has really bad stats but, again, not sure how that would look. :/

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza 97 View Post
I agree. Pinsir's movepool sucks at the moment so adding a typing would mean it could expand to a more respectable one. Although, aesthetically, I'm not sure how you could make a beetle-thingy look evolved without it being ridiculous. I think Heatmor desperately needs an evolved form as he has really bad stats but, again, not sure how that would look. :/
Heatmor is just...a ridiculous Pokemon in general. Not that it's that terrible to use, but it's just awkward. I honestly feel that giving it an evolution wouldn't hurt anyone, but it's hard to imagine what that thing could evolve into, really. .__. I think that it would be better if Heatmor perhaps gained a second typing in it's evo to help it in battle, but if not, then I'm fine with it being pure fire.
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rayquaza 97
Draco Meteor.

Quote:
Heatmor is just...a ridiculous Pokemon in general. Not that it's that terrible to use, but it's just awkward. I honestly feel that giving it an evolution wouldn't hurt anyone, but it's hard to imagine what that thing could evolve into, really. .__. I think that it would be better if Heatmor perhaps gained a second typing in it's evo to help it in battle, but if not, then I'm fine with it being pure fire.
Other than Heatmor, I think they should tie a few loose ends and make Kangaskhan the final evolution in the Cubone line as it was originally supposed be. I know that brings it's own issues and there was a reason why they weren't in the same line in the first place (the whole mother's skull thing is downright disturbing) but there's no reason as to why Cubone's pokedex entry has to mention that.
Maybe a common pre-evo for Volbeat and Illumise and Plusle and Minun as they're both from gen 3? A common pre-evo for Emogla and Pachurisu would be nice considering they're both electric squirrels. Too many possibilities...

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Adding a evolutionary stage to Marowak and Kangashkan is imo too late to do that. They had 4 Generations to do it. A pre-evo for Illumise and Volbeat that can evolve in both would be cool. The male one into Volbeat and the female into Illumise.
Furthermore an evolution to Cryogonal, Delibird, Sudowoodo and Stunfisk.

Please give that poor thing (Stunfisk) an evolution, it will do better.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I have quite the list, so I'm going to start off with the ones that I know WON'T HAPPEN:

- (Tying a lose end) Luvdisc into Alomomola would be amazing, not only would it make sense, it would tie them both up.

- A dragon eeveelution. Although not entirely out of the question, I just don't see it happening, even though it'd be nice.

- Shuckle. I don't think it will be possible due to this guy having the greatest defense ever, by himself. It'd still be nice though...

- Emolga evolution. This guy looks like he needs an evolution. Still probably not happening.

Now for a few plausible ones:

- A steel type eeveelution (and perchance a few others). The reason I find this plausible is because, unlike Dragon types, Steel isn't a pseudo legend type, making it more plausible, especially with the release of Sylveon.

- Druddigon evolution or pre-evolution. This is the ONLY dragon type to not have one and it made almost no sense that he didn't. That's why this seems a bit more plausible.

I don't think I can say anything else that someone else hasn't. In closing, Pinsir evoltution would be very cool. Wait, what? Not even on my own topic, ah well.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Troock
Whatever Forever
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I would really like to see Absol getting some evolutions.

Friend Safari
2793-0588-6635

Oddish
___

Ivysaur
___

Maractus
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
But that aside, Pinsir gaining steel as a type is a fair double-edged sword. One would normally assume that Pinsir would become Bug/Fighting much like it's "twin", Heracross. But again, I feel that it has to separate itself, instead of being some sort of useless Heracross clone, so to speak. .___. So I do slightly/somewhat agree with its evo receiving steel as a type; it actually does eliminate SR weakness, but it does have some drawbacks. Getting rid of Bug's Fire resistance is one of them, along with getting rid of the ground resistance, but I feel that the resistances gained is bigger than the resistances lost here, so I'd say it's a win/win.

Just keep the evo away from Fire-types, as usual. xD

Uh...Bug is weak to fire...not resistant. Bug/Steel has takes x4 damage from Fire attacks. I also have always seen Pinsir as a ground type more so hopefully if it evolves, it'll be Bug/Ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Warrior View Post
I have quite the list, so I'm going to start off with the ones that I know WON'T HAPPEN:

- (Tying a lose end) Luvdisc into Alomomola would be amazing, not only would it make sense, it would tie them both up.

- A dragon eeveelution. Although not entirely out of the question, I just don't see it happening, even though it'd be nice.

- Shuckle. I don't think it will be possible due to this guy having the greatest defense ever, by himself. It'd still be nice though...

Now for a few plausible ones:

- A steel type eeveelution (and perchance a few others). The reason I find this plausible is because, unlike Dragon types, Steel isn't a pseudo legend type, making it more plausible, especially with the release of Sylveon.
Luvdisc and Alomomola really don't make sense. The whole thing for it is based on look alone...well ok then Shellder and Cloyster should be related to gastly. The pearl bodies are exactly like Gastly's body. They aren't even close enough body wise. They share a similar heart pattern, but Alomomola's goes into such great detail and is based off of a sunfish, while Luvdisc is just so plain and hardly looks like a fish at all.

Shuckle can evolve. They can easily shift and lower stats. Evolve means to change and adapt. Shuckle can eventually evolve to the point that it doesn't need so much defense. Shifting points from defense to offense and adding more points into speed due to loss of the shell and gain of more mobility as well as add more points to health and attack/Sp. Atk.

They do stat shifts with Scyther and Scizor since they have the same BST. Some Pokemon even shift the focus. One lower form can be based on attack and when it evolves its stats reorganize to fit in with Special Attack instead. Its not a very uncommon trait that Pokemon share.

As for steel...Metagross is a Psuedo legendary Pokemon so Steel could be seen as Psuedo legend focus. Some of the more powerful steel types are legendary Pokemon just like Psychic and Dragon. It doesn't have as many non legend related Pokemon as Psychics though they are common types for Legends. So it can be seen as a psuedo legendary type. As for eevee, its possible for it to evolve into any type. That's just part of the charm.

I doubt Sylveon is Steel type though and there doesn't seem to be any other Eevee evolution appearing in Gen 6 based on marketing so far. Future is still possible though.
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
Adding a evolutionary stage to Marowak and Kangashkan is imo too late to do that. They had 4 Generations to do it. A pre-evo for Illumise and Volbeat that can evolve in both would be cool. The male one into Volbeat and the female into Illumise.
Furthermore an evolution to Cryogonal, Delibird, Sudowoodo and Stunfisk.

Please give that poor thing (Stunfisk) an evolution, it will do better.
Thought I'd give opinions on the evos you suggested! n__n
  • Cryogonal - I'm have mixed feelings about this. The primary purpose of Cryogonal was to serve as a special wall, but its Ice typing severely hinders it's purpose. Sure, it's special defense is through the roof, but any decent super-effective physical attack would be more than enough to mash it to bits. Maybe they could improve upon this with an evolution, but I'm not too sure otherwise. It's special attack could also be improved to like, base 110 or something like that, so it isn't too overly powerful. An Ice/Steel typing (to get rid of rock weaknesses) would be ideal, but that would bring about more trouble than it's worth, since 4x Fire/Fighting weaknesses are a definite concern. A Ground weakness could also be a problem, but yeah.
  • Delibird - Also a mixed bag on this. Ice/Flying is an absolute disastrous typing for the poor bird, since not only does that make it 4x SR weak, that also adds on an Electric as well as a Fire weakness to boot. I'll be pretty adamant in saying this: Flying is probably the worst type out there to mix with an ice-type, as those two don't really play well together at all. With that said though, I don't believe an evolution would really help Delibird's case any, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. n__n; I wish the poor guy was used more, especially with an evo, because he's really cool and all, really.
  • Sudowoodo - If you ask me my opinion of one definitely underrated Gen II Pokemon, I'd have to answer Sudowoodo. Give this guy an evo, and he would truly shine. Being a pure rock type, he really doesn't have much to fear; only the standard weaknesses: Grass, Water, Fighting, Ground, Steel. Yeah, the number of weaknesses sounds pretty gross, but Sudo's impressive defense stat negates half of these. If given an evo, I could see this thing's attack being like 115 and it's defense being something like base 130. It'll be extremely beneficial in making it as resistant to physical attacks as possible, while still striking back hard.
  • Stunfisk - I remember bringing this up in the thread before, but as the only Electric/Ground Pokemon (for now), you'd expect it to have some more potential than to look like a joke. Arguably, I could say that if given an evolution, the possibility is still high out there for it to even look more silly, but I believe that Stunfisk has potential that's yet to be tapped. It's stats are nowhere near amazing, and hopefully an evo would improve upon that, while unlocking said inner power and making Stunfisk truly shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troock View Post
I would really like to see Absol getting some evolutions.
Heyyy, now that's something I'd like to see! Of course, I think some would call me crazy, considering Absol's amazing attack stat and all, but it's movepool is really bare, so hopefully an evolution would rectify that. Absol's other downside is it's speed, so maybe that can get bumped up a good five or ten points or so (to acceptable levels?) Other than that, I don't see any major changes to Absol other than maybe increasing it's attack by an additional five or ten points, but really no more than that. x_x I think it's primary purpose is to act as a glass cannon and it should stay that way (or at least, be more effective at it).

Quote:
Uh...Bug is weak to fire...not resistant. Bug/Steel has takes x4 damage from Fire attacks. I also have always seen Pinsir as a ground type more so hopefully if it evolves, it'll be Bug/Ground.
Haha, I actually meant something else noticing that, I don't know how Fire actually got in there, really. x_x
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Rayquaza 97
Draco Meteor.

How about a Sandslash evolution? GF seem to be focusing on gen 1 so far (Eevee and Mewtwo) so why not? It has Okay stats but they could definitely be improved upon. It's movepool isn't great and, lets face it, it isn't in general. There's definitely a LOT of room for improvement in this Pokemon. Imagine how cool it would look!

Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Luvdisc and Alomomola really don't make sense. The whole thing for it is based on look alone...well ok then Shellder and Cloyster should be related to gastly. The pearl bodies are exactly like Gastly's body. They aren't even close enough body wise. They share a similar heart pattern, but Alomomola's goes into such great detail and is based off of a sunfish, while Luvdisc is just so plain and hardly looks like a fish at all.
Not exactly what I meant. Yes, how they look is part of it. But they are both fish and water type only. Although that is pretty much the only base for the speculation, again, I did say it had little to no chance of happening.

I can see where you were going with the pseudo legend typing though. (Although, I've come to realize that no matter what we speculate, Game Freak can do whatever they want...)

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.

Last edited by Golden Warrior; May 2nd, 2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
If Pinsir gained a secondary type, I'd hope it would not be Steel or Fighting like Scizor/Heracross, but the third, even more appropriate and unique type: Dark O:!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Community Supporter

Dark and ground (as Xander suggested) work too tbh. Pinsir is one of those Pokémon that I feel if it were to get an evolution it's typing can be around with.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I said about the bug/dark combo in the other thread. Pretty much evil and deadly. Fighting and bug weakness gets removed leaving behind flying/fire/rock. I think pinsir is pretty defensive as well so it can take some hits.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links