The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
i have to agree with Magmaruby, they do seem pretty fake for obvious reasons.
I wonder when we will finally see some official new pokemon...

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:18 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hopefully this upcoming weekend. Maybe we'll get a new evolution considering we've gotten old mons new evolution and new forme, so I feel like we may be continuing the pattern of old gaining something new.

I'm hoping we get an absol evolution though the chances of that for this issue aren't high but I can hope.
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:21 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess that makes sense, and i'm honestly looking forward to find out the backstory to mewtwo's new form...that's like the last thing i would have expected from X and Y.
Absol is awesome, and an evo would be amazing, but as you already said, it's probably unlikely

Old May 6th, 2013 (05:24 AM).
Community Supporter

Does anyone want a Houndoom evolution? I beleive someone mentioned it a while back but someone didn't want to see it evolve, I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. Personally I wouldn't mind if Houndoom evolved, it just seems like a lot can be done with it. Of course that also presents the chance of messing it up.
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Houndoom seems pretty okay stat-wise...though I agree an evolution wouldn't really be that overpowered. Its base 110 Special attack could be Base 130, and it's base 90 attack could be Base 100, and that investment could come out of it's defenses (which, to be honest, it doesn't really need that much of anyway, it's pretty much a glass cannon here). Speed could also be increased to about 115 or so, allowing it to outspeed major threats that would ordinarily kill it.

So it'd be like this:

HP: 85 (I'm also guessing HP increases with evolution, but eh, thats not its primary purpose)
Attack: 100
Defense: 40
Special Attack: 130
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 115

Total: 530

Or would that be a bit too much?
Old May 6th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Houndoom could use an evo, yeah. Something to make it match up better with Arcanine's 555 BST. I feel like the two of them are on similar footing in terms of concept so making them more equal would be nice. Even if the evo just offers more bulk (which could be explained by some bone-like armor in its design) that would be great. And possibly giving it Moonlight or Morning Sun.
Old May 6th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Houndoom is one of my favorite pokemon and I'd love to see it evolve!
Giving him a stat buff wouldn't make him overpowered, so that'd be okay.
And design-wise he could be inspired by Cerberus, which would be pretty cool :D

Old May 6th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Muchasmarcos
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Dunsparce needs an evolution to make it recognizable as snake pokemon.
Since it has wings i'd say it would evolve into a normal-flying type and would gain a decent speed boost.
Zangoose should also evolve. It screams for a defense boost and a normal-fighting dual type sounds reasonable.
Seviper needs a defense boost to be able to perform so it should also evolve & add secondary steel type so it stays in balance with zangoose.
Farfetch'd needs an evolution as well due to its sub par stats. A flying-fighting typing would fit it well (since it's a cool & crazy swordfighting bird).
And lastly keckleon would also profit from a ground type evolution to fix it's bad defensive typing and also swap it's abillity for something like sturdy or multyscale.

Stats for the evolutions:
----Dunsparce-----Zangoose------Seviper-----Farfetch'd-----Kecleon
HP:---110----------90-------------90----------70-----------90
ATT:--95----------120------------100---------95-----------100
DEF:--95-----------80-------------90----------70-----------75
SPA:--80-----------60------------100---------80------------65
SPD:--80-----------80-------------75---------80-----------125
SPE:--95-----------100------------75---------100-----------45
Old May 6th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
No no no to Houndoom evo it is perfect thank you very much take back everything you guys said.

I remember wanting a Zangoose and Seviper evo as the above poster mentioned! Many possibilities coming out of that

Old May 6th, 2013 (06:00 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Although I do agree on Dunsparce getting an evolution, I'd prefer it not to evolve into Normal/Flying. I mean, we already have a giant amount of them, and it's not exactly fantastic typing or anything. I'd personally like to see it stay a pure Normal type, but do give it more serpentine characteristics. Plus, It's already obnoxious with Serene Grace and all the paraflinching it can cause, so if it was a little faster with some more Attack it'd be fantastic =)
Old May 7th, 2013 (03:49 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Some of the originals are best left untouched, I would however like to see a couple of older generation Pokemon get some evolutions. Particularly Maractus, Sableye, Corsola, Chatot etc.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 7th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I don't think many of the Pokemon from earlier gens will get an evo, I think the most likely evos for previous Pokemon will be in gens 4 and 5. But more likely gen 5 due to the tremendous number of evos and pre-evos in gen 4. I would love the following gen 5 Pokemon Audino, Basculin, Swoobat, Whimsicott, Maractus, Throh and Sawk, Durant, and some others to have an evo.

Gen 6.
Old May 7th, 2013 (05:20 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess it would make sense to give Gen4 and Gen5 Pokemon some new evos, since they haven't really been touched yet. I just hope they don't go over board with it and just start giving ALL pokemon some evolution. As Suicune says, some are better left untouched

Old May 7th, 2013 (05:35 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think it's safe to say that we will get a couple of Gen V evolutions, it's usually the way when a new generation comes along.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 7th, 2013 (06:08 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I highly doubt gen 5 pokemon to get new evolutions. I still feel like the games aren't that old yet to have changes (it has only been like 3 years since their announcement and the generation ended so quickly. even some gen 3 didnt get evolutions or pre evos during gen 4)

One thing i do have hopes for are evolutions from Generation 3.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 7th, 2013 (06:46 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If anything I actually expect more Gen V evolutions than anything else. Unova was slated as a new beginning, similar to that of Kanto. When we arrived in Johto, we saw that a handful of Pokémon from Kanto were given evolutions. I'm sort of expecting the same kind of treatment here with the new region. Although I'd still love to see some choice favorites from previous regions get some evolutions, it's probably more unlikely that stuff from Gen V.
Old May 7th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
Community Supporter

I actually expect as much evolutions for gen 5 Pokemon this generation as gen 3 had in Gen 4. I feel gen 3 wasn't as widely added to as Kanto was in 2 and Johto was in 4. So I feel like things can still be done with Hoenn. Though Sinnoh may have the most as they haven't had a chance to get new evolution much like how Johto didn't receive evolutions until gen 4 (all it got in 3 was two pre evolutions) and they were a handful of them too.
Old May 7th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Does anyone want a Houndoom evolution? I beleive someone mentioned it a while back but someone didn't want to see it evolve, I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. Personally I wouldn't mind if Houndoom evolved, it just seems like a lot can be done with it. Of course that also presents the chance of messing it up.
The only logical thing I can see is a split evolution that's suppose to be a physical version of Houndoom, because again, base stats exceeds 500. I know it's been rebuttaled numerous times whenever I bring it up, but I'm 100% guranteed that they won't do it again because of evolite, and there won't be 1st/2nd stage evolutions to Pokemon w/ BST 465+.
Old May 7th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I really don't see Houndoom getting an evolution really at all. It isn't really the stat aspect that makes me feel that way, it's just from an aesthetic point of view. I mean, I wouldn't mind it I suppose, but I guess I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P
Old May 7th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I really don't see Houndoom getting an evolution really at all. It isn't really the stat aspect that makes me feel that way, it's just from an aesthetic point of view. I mean, I wouldn't mind it I suppose, but I guess I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P
A three-headed Cerberus. Just think about it. xD
Old May 7th, 2013 (10:20 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
I just don't want to see it happen, probably because I love Houndoom as it is =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
A three-headed Cerberus. Just think about it. xD
I've been thinking about this for a few days now, and i still don't know what I'd prefer.
I love Houndoom and his design, and i would hate for Nintendo to "mess him up" by giving him some meh evolution. On the other hand, a three-headed Cerberus would be AWESOME!! :D

Old May 8th, 2013 (02:34 AM).
Muchasmarcos
Unhatched Egg

Hm, i agree that the normal flying typing would be bad but i don't see why they would make it a pure normal type either, afterall it has wings already and i'd like to see those used. Every pokemon needs a way to counter its strehts so giving it a common weakness is a way to balance it (noone wants the dunsparce evo to become uber immediatley).
If they are going to make it an uber then ground/flying would be my guess.
Old May 8th, 2013 (06:10 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchasmarcos View Post
Hm, i agree that the normal flying typing would be bad but i don't see why they would make it a pure normal type either, afterall it has wings already and i'd like to see those used. Every pokemon needs a way to counter its strehts so giving it a common weakness is a way to balance it (noone wants the dunsparce evo to become uber immediatley).
If they are going to make it an uber then ground/flying would be my guess.
....What are you referring to here? o.o I'm a bit confused.
Old May 8th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
I think aesthetics went out the window when Rhydon got an evolution.
Old May 8th, 2013 (06:32 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I think aesthetics went out the window when Rhydon got an evolution.
This is so true and made me laugh so hard, i still can't stop!
But you are right, Rhydon's evo looks kinda weird, but i still like it

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links