Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types?
I can totally see the point in this, it just seems too complicated, at least to me.
It would make more sense to introduce a fourth monkey to the trio who could be electric typed instead of making him a pre-evolution.

And since Kirlia already got a split evolution, i doubt it will get a third one

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
I guess my question to that is, how does it make sense for something Electric to evolve into three completely different types? I mean it's definitely not impossible (because Game Freak does what it wants), but logically that just seems...out there. I mean, if the monkeys just evolved by level up naturally instead of stones, you could theoretically state that using whatever stone would evolve it into Pansear/sage/pour from like a Normal type pre-evolution. But I guess I don't see them having something. Who knows though!
Lol I said it'll baby will evolve into an electric monkey. Their baby stage will proably be normal. The evolution could be by location, like if one evolves it near a river or the sea it evolves into panpour, and a volcan into pansear, and if you go to the forest it can evolve into Pansage, and if you evolve it in an electric plant/electrically charged cave it evolves into Panspark (or whatever they call it).
Stand for Life
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Aw okay now, that makes way more sense :D
I really like the idea tbh, i'd love there to be an electric monkey!!

Old May 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
jrevm30
Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"

Nature: Naive
if we were to say that lapras does get it's evolution, i think it'll resemble the Lock Ness monster.

I know this has a small chance of happening but i hope they make an evolution for the three Simis, i'd love to have a fire-type gorilla in my team!
While we are talking of peace,
people are dying.
Setsuna F Seiei (Mobile Suit
Gundam 00)
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
I designed Pancloud, Pangon and Panfrost a while ago. Of course I also drew their Simis. Also designed a Pegasus evo for Rapidash.
Watch this wicked Pokémon Battle, and PM me if you want a battle. Also watch me talking about how I flirted with famous people.
"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Community Supporter

How about a Spiritomb evolution? It could evolve into a large sinister looking ghost with red eyes and red claws that look like it may have used them on someone recently.
Stand for Life
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess they could give him an evo, why not.
Although I'd rather see Sableye get one before Spiritbomb

Old May 10th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Aw okay now, that makes way more sense :D
I really like the idea tbh, i'd love there to be an electric monkey!!
Although a fourth member of the monkey trio to represent "Do No Evil" would sound good, the only problem is that it'll be out of place for the other theme the monkey trio has it going: the ingredients of tea. An electric or ice type monkey wouldn't fit too well with the tea theme, making the chances of getting a fourth elemental monkey slim.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Sableye might evolve, it has a random special character in the upcoming movie. I smell a Munchlax scene.
Watch this wicked Pokémon Battle, and PM me if you want a battle. Also watch me talking about how I flirted with famous people.
"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Although a fourth member of the monkey trio to represent "Do No Evil" would sound good, the only problem is that it'll be out of place for the other theme the monkey trio has it going: the ingredients of tea. An electric or ice type monkey wouldn't fit too well with the tea theme, making the chances of getting a fourth elemental monkey slim.
I forgot about the tea theme.Well there's cold tea, so I guess ice could work...electricity...it'll only make sense if someone is using electricity to warm it up.
Stand for Life
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
As far as Maractus goes, I don't feel like it needs an evolution. Then again, I thought it was silly to have ANOTHER cactus Pokémon to begin with. I mean if it got one I definitely wouldn't be upset, but I can't visualize it. Cacnea had room for growth and it made sense that it evolved, but Maractus is already rather large as it is. Would it just be a super-adorable giant cactus?
Yeah…if Generation V hadn't forbidden any of its new Pokémon from having evolutionary links to Pokémon from past generations, it would have been obvious to make Maractus into an alternate evolution for Cacnea as opposed to Cacturne in my opinion because of how different their design aesthetics are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMirror View Post
I Want A Girafarig Evolutoin!!!!!!!
I'd prefer if Girafarig got the Roselia treatment, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
…I've been thinking of something like a Manectric evo. Maybe that's going too far? The reason I'm saying this is that, in the metagame where everything is becoming more power/speed oriented(mostly), it's going to be more and more difficult for Pokemon who were once known as good threats in the metagame or keep up. I would love for this guy to have some sort of chance competitively, even if it's not in the higher tiers. If possible, I'd like for Gamefreak to possibly expand on its moveset as well, it seems pretty unnecessary **** poor, though the ability to learn flamethrower is a plus, something you don't see everyday in an electric-type.

Maybe its evolution's type can be Electric/Dark? I mean, I'm unsure about how Dark is as a type offensively, but it just seems like a Dark type to me. Then again, I'm sure that would be adding more weaknesses onto it than necessary...
I'd agree with either that or an Electrike pre-evolution, but that's just me saying that the big guy's kind of large to fit inside an egg…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I mean we might even get LEGENDARY PRE-EVOS! Such as Articuno. :3
The only reason that truly legendary Pokémon might become part of new evolution chains might come up if these evolutions could only occur inside event areas. Even if that were possible, however, I wouldn't bet on past legendaries being grandfathered in to this functionality's user pool even though it would be cool if they were.

P.S.: I'll get back to you on your post, XanderO, but I'm still back on about page 29 or 30…
___________________________________________________________________________________
Some Random Cucco: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; May 10th, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed multi-post order.
Old May 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Yeah…if Generation V hadn't forbidden any of its new Pokémon from having evolutionary links to Pokémon from past generations, it would have been obvious to make Maractus into an alternate evolution for Cacnea as opposed to Cacturne in my opinion because of how different their design aesthetics are.
I don't think every Pokemon based on the same thing should be linked, to be honest.
Quote:
I'd prefer if Girafarig got the Roselia treatment, thank you very much.
...So you want a Girafarig evolution?
Quote:
I'd agree with either that or an Electrike pre-evolution, but that's just me saying that the big guy's kind of large to fit inside an egg…
Big electric tiger would be cool.
Quote:
The only reason that truly legendary Pokémon might become part of new evolution chains might come up if these evolutions could only occur inside event areas. Even if that were possible, however, I wouldn't bet on past legendaries being grandfathered in to this functionality's user pool even though it would be cool if they were.
I think it could happen given the right storyline.[/QUOTE]
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Community Supporter

Electrike's line is based on wolves so it'll be a big electric wolf.
Stand for Life
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I hope this doesn't come across as really ridiculous but...just a thought....

Perhaps Gurrdurr could have a split-evo...kind of pull something like the Ralts evolutionary line and go for a more special-oriented fighting type. I dont know how many of those we even have (and to be honest, we don't even have that many special-type fighting moves, but whatever). A possible wider movepool perhaps, to accommodate the evolution?
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Community Supporter

While I too doubt that'll happen it would be interesting to see a female only evolution of Gurrdurr that's a special fighter. Perhaps it could even gain an extra typing...like Psychic xD.
Stand for Life
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:04 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
There could be a fourth elemental monkey to represent the teapot XDDDDDDDdd...

Nah, they're also "wannabe starters" and there has never been a fourth real starter.

I think its more likely for them to get a Normal shared pre-evo than that.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I honestly don't like Gurdurr at all, but giving him a split evo for his female form would definitely look funny xD

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Elikiteru is NOT a pre-evolved form of Mawile. Let's just get that out of the way XD
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Community Supporter

I think we all should know that...if anyone makes that mistake with it's typing and being based on a lizard then I feel bad for them.

I do hope Mawhile get's an evolution though.
Stand for Life
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

All they share is a color pattern, like a lot of pokemon do, don't get why someone would thing of a possible Mawile pre-evo? And the new pokes type more than disapproves that theory. Mawile can still get an evo, i always felt it was pretty much underappreciated

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Before its name and type were confirmed, I thought it was a Mawile pre-evo.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess you could think that because of his color palette...

Old May 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
If you look at both Elikiteru and Mawile they both have that triangle shape on their head. (you'll have to look at a back shot of mawile to see it)

Plus they both have black hands/feet.....plus they both have floppy ear like appendages.

I think it's just another Luvdisc/Alomomola scenario though.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I would've classed Elikiteru as a pre-evolution to Mawile since it does have many attributes to having an added prevo/evolution at a later date, but since it is an Electric type that would either mean it would lose it's electric type or Mawile would change to Electric/Dark or Electric/Steel which I don't see to be very likely.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Yeah you are probably right. If they wouldn't have revealed Elikiteru type, it would have been very likely (sorry for saying it was a stupid idea Branellope!). But going from a Normal/Electric to a pure Steel type seems pretty unlikely.
And now that you mention it, that whole Luvdisc/Alomomola thing still bugs me

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here