Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old May 24th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I understand where a lot of you guys are coming from, really. :x When I saw Elikiteru myself, I figured that it was also a pre-evo of Mawile, but honestly I'm glad it isn't. I just don't really think Mawile needed a pre-evo, and in fact it needs the opposite: It needs an evolution because I feel it really hasn't reached it's potential yet. Being a pure steel type is....well kind of so-so? I mean, at least they could give it's evolution a larger movepool of some sort, but then again, at least it's weaknesses aren't too bad, provided they give the evo more bulk.

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM
Old May 24th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I mean other than colors I don't really see any similarities. Plus evolving from a lizard to something humanoid with a big mouth attached to its head kind of seems like a rather large jump in evolution, even for Pokémon standards. Losing its Electric typing and going to Steel just seems like a strange gap to me as well.
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Thankgoodness they revealed it's typing, or some people may be feeling the same thing with those two as they did with Alomomola and Luvdisc...
Old May 24th, 2013 (02:21 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Thankgoodness they revealed it's typing, or some people may be feeling the same thing with those two as they did with Alomomola and Luvdisc...
Fans are still treating it like Alomomola and Luvdisc. Some believe that Helioptile evolves into Mawile. The typing hasn't discouraged this even the slightest. Some are complaining about it just like the AlomaDisc relationship.
Old May 24th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Surely people would've learnt from the Alomomola/Luvdisc confusion that Helioptile similar appearence to Mawile doesn't indicate an evolution between the two.
Old May 24th, 2013 (05:21 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by tente2.
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I'm so glad other people are on board with the Audino evolution thing. I want it and I think it's likely. I hope it will be speedy and bulky, and that it can learn both Reflect and Light Screen, which I love to have in my party. Design-wise, I imagine it with butterfly wing-type things on its legs and arms. It would be pure Fairy type (along with Audino) if the type turns out to be real. (I really hope it will.) ...Obviously the design part won't come through for me unless I'm somehow psychic without knowing so (although I did think privately about a a Fairy type, not just passingly or jokingly, but with serious thought and consideration, before the rumors even started...), and the stat distribution I also have no control over, but anything with better stats than Audino (although, having used Audino in Pokemon Black, I say it wasn't that bad) while still retaining its charm and role as a team supporter would win my adoration.
As for everything else, I don't think that anything is impossible with Gamefreak. I don't really believe there are "rules" Gamefreak can't break, when it comes to evolutions. Some things are more plausible than others, but nothing is unthinkable.
I just don't want already decent Pokemon to get all the evolutions, though. What about the Pokemon with the low BSTs?
Generation IV was lovely with its new evolutions, in my humble opinion. So I'd love to see more!

This post is brief because I had a longer one that got lost, and I am too frustrated to type it again. :x
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:20 PM).
Community Supporter

I'm hope the Audino evolution will have a high enough special attack to make full use of it's special move filled moveset. Also it being speedy would be good, that seems like something that'll separate it from being a Chansey line clone.
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:30 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I don't really see Audino getting an evolution honestly. It's there for the most part for the player to gain experience, as well as be a Pokémon with a decent support movepool. It evolving would just give off a ridiculously large amount of EXP (assuming it could be found in the wild). Its stats could definitely be improved though, so if it wasn't found in the wild I could see it happening!
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:35 PM).
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Blissey isn't found in the wild, is it? c: Hehe, just my hopes, though. I'm still feeling good overall over the Pokemon we've been revealed so far, so I'm not too worried about it. But Audino's definitely my number one wish for an evolution!
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:36 PM).
Community Supporter

Well Chancey's line had a similar function in the original generation games, only it was harder to find. Also who's to say the evolution will even be found in the wild?
Old May 25th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

What could Audino evolve into? If you ask me it looks pretty fine as it is, anything more would ruin it a little imo.
Old May 25th, 2013 (02:57 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I don't really see Audino getting an evolution honestly. It's there for the most part for the player to gain experience, as well as be a Pokémon with a decent support movepool. It evolving would just give off a ridiculously large amount of EXP (assuming it could be found in the wild). Its stats could definitely be improved though, so if it wasn't found in the wild I could see it happening!
I could see Audino getting a pre-evo more than an evolution really. Audino seems like the perfect candidate to have an Igglybuff/Cleffa type baby form.
Old May 25th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

I just hope that GF doesn't give any more dumb evolutions to GEN I and GEN II Pokemon that aren't even much of an improvement. I may not like cute things, but I have liked the baby pokemon that GF has come up with a lot more than their past gen Evolutions.
Old May 25th, 2013 (05:57 AM).
Muchasmarcos
Unhatched Egg

I figure Sylveon isn't the only evee that we'll get so i'm hoping for a fighting type.
There's a lot of speculation that dunsparce will get an evolved form. It would be good if he did since most people don't even realise that it's supposed to be a snake. If he gets an evo it will be sent into Ubers immediatley thanx to serene grace.
Some other pokemon could also profit from evos, specially 3d gen pokemon.
Mightyena,Absol,Zangoose,Seviper,Tropius,Torkoal etc. I've also seen some ideas about giving existing pokemon other formes in a manner simmilar to the wormadam fammily.
Deppending on areas or other conditions certain pokemon evolve into different formes.
It would be great if they do this at least with the starters of the older gens.
Old May 25th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Muchasmarcos:
I figure Sylveon isn't the only evee that we'll get so i'm hoping for a fighting type.
There's a lot of speculation that dunsparce will get an evolved form. It would be good if he did since most people don't even realise that it's supposed to be a snake. If he gets an evo it will be sent into Ubers immediatley thanx to serene grace.
Some other pokemon could also profit from evos, specially 3d gen pokemon.
Mightyena,Absol,Zangoose,Seviper,Tropius,Torkoal etc. I've also seen some ideas about giving existing pokemon other formes in a manner simmilar to the wormadam fammily.
Deppending on areas or other conditions certain pokemon evolve into different formes.
It would be great if they do this at least with the starters of the older gens.
No Sylveon is being marketed as the only one. For the movie it says "All Eevee's Evolutions are in it" It stops at Sylveon. The intro for it in CoroCoro made it look as if its the only one this generation.

I also don't see them doing anything with starters. Starters are already full lines. They wouldn't be able to do much to them without doing the same for all Starters for the present and future. Anything else with a 2 stage line or Single line can easily be added to, but I don't see them ever adding anything more than more gimmicky attacks to starters.
Old May 25th, 2013 (12:02 PM).
Community Supporter

I like to see the focus of the evolutions be on the three most recent generations, maybe one or two gen 2 mons.
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:17 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I like to see the focus of the evolutions be on the three most recent generations, maybe one or two gen 2 mons.
I agree. iirc there were no evolutions to any previous generations in Gen V right? So to have some Gen IV & Gen V evolutions would be great since we've had none so far.
Old May 25th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I agree. iirc there were no evolutions to any previous generations in Gen V right? So to have some Gen IV & Gen V evolutions would be great since we've had none so far.
I personally feel that would be a bit too soon, but that's me, personally. I could be wrong, of course. I would really rather want to see some underrated Gen III Pokemon get evolutions, like Manectric for example, and perhaps Whiscash, Pokemon like those, really. :x

It'd be interesting to see Lunatone and Solrock get evos, too...

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM
Old May 26th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
metalhand

i think sharpedo could use an evolution, he got a really low defensive stats
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:50 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

I think Lunatone and Solrock would be best with pre-evos, I can't really imagine what they could evolve into and when I think about it I wouldn't really want an evolution for those two since I like their designs as they are.
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:58 AM).
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

I think Lunatone and Solrock would be best with pre-evos, I can't really imagine what they could evolve into and when I think about it I wouldn't really want an evolution for those two since I like their designs as they are.
How would their pre-evolutions look? I can hardly imagine tha- wait, yes I can. But I've always imagined their evolutions. Lunatone would become a full-moon Pokemon, resembling a blue rocky sphere with a few craters and a sleepy expression, and Solrock would evolve into an orange rocky sphere with a fiery psychic aura around him, with a grinning expression.
Old May 26th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I would really rather want to see some underrated Gen III Pokemon get evolutions, like Manectric for example, and perhaps Whiscash, Pokemon like those, really. :x
That's just how i feel. There are so many Gen3 Pokemon that could have a really cool Pre-evo or Evolution before we get started on the newer Pokemon.
I would love for Absol for example to have some kind of evolution, maybe even Tropius!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 26th, 2013 (11:35 AM).
BeefTaco

Not a bad idea, maybe something like a little white rocky star that could evolve into either Solrock or Lunatone.
Old May 26th, 2013 (12:46 PM). Edited May 26th, 2013 by Belldandy.
Belldandy
♥ Cammybear ♥
Community Supporter

I would looovveeee an Absol pre-evolution. Can you imagine it *.* it would be so cute!

Or even an evolutionary line:

Spoiler:

*.* <3

Added spoilers for mega-image.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop; Trade Reviews
Old May 26th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
What about Tropius? The bananas on it could turn into a scarf or something xD

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13