Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old May 26th, 2013 (01:15 PM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Haha, I'd be afraid to see what sort of monstrosity Tropius would evolve into. I can imagine a pre-evolution, though. But I don't like to see intimidating Pokemon get....weaker forms/pre-evolutions, I guess.
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:51 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Maybe Tropius can grow a longer neck, and become bigger, with more foliage covering it. Oh and maybe ditch the Flying type for Dragon.
Old May 26th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
It could become like a full-out brontasaurus (which I guess it kind of is now, but just bigger I suppose), with more than just bananas dangling from its neck. I'd love to see more fruit around its body other than its neck as well.
Old May 26th, 2013 (04:05 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
If there was any way for Tropius to get rid if it's ridiculous Grass/Flying typing, please make it so in it's evolution. .___. I understand that it's like an herbivore or something, which is why it's Grass/Flying, but still...that type matchup has me deeply concerned, and I feel it'll take more than an evo to make Tropius stand out in any way.

Though other than that, I see no issues with it, and in fact I love Tropius, so I think this should definitely happen. :3

» my dreamiverse
Old May 27th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
I'd love to see pre-evolutions of Lapras, Tropius, Absol and Pinsir.

I'd love to see evolutions of Farfetch'd, Tauros, Qwilfish, Corsola, Sableye, Mawile, Pachirisu, Heatmor and Druddigan.
Old May 27th, 2013 (05:01 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Allow me to say that Farfetch'd absolutely needs an evolution! I don't even care what it is at this point, but I think that, if anything, it would be one of the first candidates for an evo this gen. Even though it's unlikely seeing as they would've evolved it by now, if anything, but the poor thing can barely hurt anything, even with SD boosts. It'd be nice to change that.

» my dreamiverse
Old May 27th, 2013 (06:17 PM).

I never really cared about Pre-evolution except maybe for the pokedex count, I would prefer some pokemons with actual evolution than Pre-evo, Pinsir would need an evolution more than a pre-evo.

The only pre-evo I would need is maybe the one between Tauros and Miltank, Audino will maybe get an Evo and Pre-Evo much like Chansey.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 27th, 2013 (06:54 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

I imagine that, if Audino would get any kind of evolution, that would be a slightly less bulkier version of Chansey (basically an inferior Chansey). But hey, maybe it'd give out more EXP? :x If so, I wouldn't have a problem with it by any means!

» my dreamiverse
Old May 27th, 2013 (07:08 PM).
Silver Tier

Well Audino has 445 bst and Chansey 450. Audino is a mix defensive Pokémon, and a mix attacker, so I imagine a Audino Evolution will become a Jack of all trades version of Blissey. In the end I see each of Audino's stats going up by 15 points for a total of 535 compared to Blissey's 540.
Old May 27th, 2013 (07:18 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Well Audino has 445 bst and Chansey 450. Audino is a mix defensive Pokémon, and a mix attacker, so I imagine a Audino Evolution will become a Jack of all trades version of Blissey. In the end I see each of Audino's stats going up by 15 points for a total of 535 compared to Blissey's 540.
Inferior to Blissey as far as Defenses themselves are concerned. Though if you want to go as far as to say it'd be bulkier in some sense (I don't know how an Audino evo would fare against Eviolite Chansey, that's also something else to take into consideration), then I guess you'd kind of be right, but only as far as physical attacks are concerned. As far as being a Special Wall, Blissey still beats it, iirc.

...Also what's funny is that it'd probably be more useful actually, seeing as an Audino evo would have more offensive power than Blissey, lmao. :x

» my dreamiverse
Old May 28th, 2013 (01:44 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Allow me to say that Farfetch'd absolutely needs an evolution! Even though it's unlikely seeing as they would've evolved it by now
Not necessarily, it's very possible that they would keep evolutions even for first gen pokemon for later rather than doing it all in when go as soon as they get the idea.

They probably want to be able to say "Oh and here's a single stage pokemon from the first gen, evolving at last" for as long as possible. I imagine it creates a good buzz from fans.
Old May 28th, 2013 (02:35 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

I think Audino should be left as it is, it provides enough EXP when defeated and looks wise it's pretty cute. I really don't think we need another Chansey/Blissey evolutionary line with the same characteristics, if that's the case would that mean Audino would also get a pre-evolution too?
Old May 28th, 2013 (04:24 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Not necessarily, it's very possible that they would keep evolutions even for first gen pokemon for later rather than doing it all in when go as soon as they get the idea.

They probably want to be able to say "Oh and here's a single stage pokemon from the first gen, evolving at last" for as long as possible. I imagine it creates a good buzz from fans.
If they were to pull something like that, then Gen VI would honestly be perfect timing. Being five generations away from Gen I kind of gives that "at least, this Pokemon FINALLY evolves" feeling, y'know? .__. At least, I hope that made sense, somehow. Though I doubt we'll see much as far as Gen I evos in this game, at least, I doubt it.

» my dreamiverse
Old May 28th, 2013 (05:51 AM).

If they were to pull something like that, then Gen VI would honestly be perfect timing. Being five generations away from Gen I kind of gives that "at least, this Pokemon FINALLY evolves" feeling, y'know? .__. At least, I hope that made sense, somehow. Though I doubt we'll see much as far as Gen I evos in this game, at least, I doubt it.
Who can say? There aren't many single stage pokemon from the first gen left...so maybe they will want to keep it that way. At the expense of poor Farfetch'd. On the other hand we might see more evolutions of past pokemon then in the fourth gen....maybe they'll go to town.

I keep looking at Farfetch'd and Chatot, thinking that it would be interesting if they both got evolutions and were version exclusives. (Farfetch'd + evo in Pokemon X, Chatot + evo in Pokemon Y)
Old May 28th, 2013 (06:57 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I think Audino should be left as it is, it provides enough EXP when defeated and looks wise it's pretty cute. I really don't think we need another Chansey/Blissey evolutionary line with the same characteristics, if that's the case would that mean Audino would also get a pre-evolution too?
I totally agree on Audino staying the way that it is. It already is practically just a big clone of Chansey, except not as good =P Giving it another evolution akin to Blissey is just going to be the same thing: an inferior Blissey. I'm honestly fine with Audino just being the experience boost that it is and leaving it be just that. It seems like that was mostly the intention for its existence anyways =P

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Who can say? There aren't many single stage pokemon from the first gen left...so maybe they will want to keep it that way. At the expense of poor Farfetch'd. On the other hand we might see more evolutions of past pokemon then in the fourth gen....maybe they'll go to town.

I keep looking at Farfetch'd and Chatot, thinking that it would be interesting if they both got evolutions and were version exclusives. (Farfetch'd + evo in Pokemon X, Chatot + evo in Pokemon Y)
That'd actually be really cool to see. Give both sub-par birds (although I like them both) an evolution, an make them exclusive. I kind of doubt that building up hype for FINALLY giving them an evolution is motivation though. I mean, yeah, they are both meh, but that itself doesn't constitute anything. The hype that comes with it probably helps, but if anything I'd just assume they just didn't want to evolve it until now if it happens.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:03 AM).

Nature: Brave
Heracross needs an evolution, I've waited long enough!

Kangashkhan (sorry for spelling) is an obvious candidate for a pro-evo, Tropius need one too. (Far more likely to get a pro-evo than an evolution simply due to his size)

Some seemingly useless Pokémon like Furret (3rd), Kecleon, Castform, Pachirisu, Farfetch' D etc could use an evolution to make them interesting.

Tropius could possibly get an evolution if they have fossil pokémon in Gen VI, since he's pretty much a dinosaur and all.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:10 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

I don't think Pokemon such as Heracross, Lapras, Tauros or Kangaskhan need evolutions, what would they evolve into since they seem to be at their final stage of their species as they are. Not to mention that they have suitable BST to make them viable.
A pre-evolution for one or two of them maybe, but I think some Pokemon should be left with no evolutions whatsoever.
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

As much as I love Heracross to death, the only thing I can really see it getting is a pre-evolution. Of course, Game Freak can do whatever the heck they want, but I feel like Heracross is already so strong that giving it an evolution would almost make it too strong. I'd just love to see a pre-evolution though, I could see it just being a beetle maybe without the giant horn, or just a smaller one so that when it evolves it just gains the massive horn to wreck everything =P
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

My wish to Gamefreak,

Please give Banette an evolution of some sort. Out of all of the Ghost types you picked in the Hoenn region to evolve, you chose arguably one of (if not the most) useless Ghost type in the entire region. I suppose I can't really blame you, since giving underrated Pokemon an evolution is a definite plus, but it certainly didn't help much.

At least a Banette evo would have some substance to it. It'd still be slow as molasses, but with an offensive power like that, I'd imagine speed would be overlooked quite easily.

Oh, and a better movepool for it would be appreciated too, I suppose.

» my dreamiverse
Old May 28th, 2013 (07:56 AM).
Silver Tier

Hoenn only had two native ghosts...so I guess they picked one, and the other they left as is. Hopefully Banette will evolve thus making Hoenn the first region since Kanto who has all it's native ghosts be members of 3 stage families.
Old May 28th, 2013 (09:11 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
As much as I love Heracross to death, the only thing I can really see it getting is a pre-evolution. Of course, Game Freak can do whatever the heck they want, but I feel like Heracross is already so strong that giving it an evolution would almost make it too strong. I'd just love to see a pre-evolution though, I could see it just being a beetle maybe without the giant horn, or just a smaller one so that when it evolves it just gains the massive horn to wreck everything =P
Well when Scyther evolved into Scizor it's base stats didn't go up. It's stats were just shuffled around. They could do the same for Heracross....it seems a bit pointless but the chance is still there.
Old May 28th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

My wish to Gamefreak,

Please give Banette an evolution of some sort. Out of all of the Ghost types you picked in the Hoenn region to evolve, you chose arguably one of (if not the most) useless Ghost type in the entire region. I suppose I can't really blame you, since giving underrated Pokemon an evolution is a definite plus, but it certainly didn't help much.

At least a Banette evo would have some substance to it. It'd still be slow as molasses, but with an offensive power like that, I'd imagine speed would be overlooked quite easily.

Oh, and a better movepool for it would be appreciated too, I suppose.
Yes, yes shuppet was my first shiny and i always wanted to have my first shiny evolve 3 times and being strong hopefully...
I want it to evolve into a crazy puppet master-clown with a zipper for a mouth and one on his belly

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 28th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
Yes, yes shuppet was my first shiny and i always wanted to have my first shiny evolve 3 times and being strong hopefully...
I want it to evolve into a crazy puppet master-clown with a zipper for a mouth and one on his belly
See, that's the thing! I want a 3-stage evolution Ghost Pokemon that won't be useless. .-. And heck, I take back my statement of the evolution being slow as molasses, because Banette itself isn't even that slow (base 65. It's not the greatest thing ever, but not too terrible). Meaning that it's evolution, at best, would probably fall within base 75-80 range (not too great, but livable, at best). I want it to at least have a comfortable speed range so it can outspeed enough Pokemon to use it's deadly attack stat (which would probably be 130 if it evolves).

So here's hoping that it might be true at some point in time. .___.

» my dreamiverse
Old May 28th, 2013 (02:28 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

I like Bannete, I haven't used it all that much but I really like the design behind it and it does have a good, tactical moveset when set up correctly. Yeah alright it's not the strongest ghost Pokemon but I'll take back what I said on a previous post about not gaining an evolution. I think given another evolution it could potentially become a much stronger and more used Pokemon, maybe even enough to possibly fall into the OU tier given the correct moves and stat distribution.
Old May 28th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I like Bannete, I haven't used it all that much but I really like the design behind it and it does have a good, tactical moveset when set up correctly. Yeah alright it's not the strongest ghost Pokemon but I'll take back what I said on a previous post about not gaining an evolution. I think given another evolution it could potentially become a much stronger and more used Pokemon, maybe even enough to possibly fall into the OU tier given the correct moves and stat distribution.
Assuming that there's a continual power creep this generation (which I hope not, but let's just assume the worst, shall we?l), then it might be UU at the most. The majority of OU Pokemon play on crazy Speed and Offenses, meaning that I'm not too sure if this new Banette evo would be quick enough to deliver blows before being taken down. u__u;

Also, a Grumpig evo would be much appreciated. Just out of curiosity to see if it would be any more useful than it is now.

» my dreamiverse
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links