Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old June 4th, 2013 (03:01 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I think Nocowl should evolve too but that's just me.
And yes Fearow could use an evolution, but it's like a secondary regional bird, just how some regions have two regional bugs (Weedle, and Caterpie, and Wumpel's evolutions) so maybe it won't receive an evolution just like the other two stage birds .
Old June 4th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
______

Nature: Serious
It would be really cool to see some 2nd gneration pokemon families expand, like Noctowl. I think that a Shuckle evolution might work (Though not sure how you could top its stats *coughdefensecough* ...). It could be a very large rock or boulder rather than a small rock and would be more tortoise-like with slightly better defined or somewhat solid legs than just a mass of tentacles in a rock.

One first generation pokemon I would love for them to come back to would be a full Kangaskhan family with a baby pre-evolution. Maybe rather than a new pokemon for a father, it could just be a gender difference like no pouch on its stomach. But at the very least a baby [Or maybe make the link to Cubone ]

"Do you know why we
Villians hate Heroes
so much? It's because you are what
we could only pretend to be,
once upon a time --
heroes who do good for no reward.
And so we call you fools,
and even slay you...
simply because we could not be you."
Old June 4th, 2013 (07:47 PM).
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
I wanna see Corsola get a pre-evo and an evolutionary form like Roselia in Diamond/Pearl. I also wanna see Qwilfish, Mawile and Sableye get evolve stages. And maybe Tentacruel?...Da Tentacool-line, they live in pretty much every body of water around da pokemon world and u even see wild Tentacruel(s)...with da exception of Unova. >.>
Old June 4th, 2013 (09:30 PM).

I would like an Electrode evolution, my sig can show a bit why. But I guess GF would go totally on the other side, they could make him like a Master ball.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I'd like to see a Lapras evolution but I'm not really sure how it'd work..
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:56 AM).
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I think Nocowl should evolve too but that's just me.
And yes Fearow could use an evolution, but it's like a secondary regional bird, just how some regions have two regional bugs (Weedle, and Caterpie, and Wumpel's evolutions) so maybe it won't receive an evolution just like the other two stage birds .
Yea the early pokemon of each gen are usually clones of previous ones in terms of data (same amount of stages with similar stats just shuffled around a bit).

So Starly/Pidove are clones of the 3-stage bird concept that Pidgey introduced,
while Hoothoot/Taillow/Wingull are clones of the 2-stage bird concept that Spearow introduced.
Each gen there is at least of of either.
gen 1=one of both - a 'Pidgey' and a 'Spearow',
gen 2=just second - a 'Spearow',
gen 3=two second - two 'Spearows'
gen 4=just first - a 'Pidgey'
gen 5=just first - a 'Pidgey'
and gen 6= at least the fourth 'Pidgey' (Fletchling is seen to have 3 stages in a pokedex screenshot)

These are 2 distinct leagues of birds, and the 2-stage ones are not meant to be compared to the 3-stage ones, and would probably end up stronger than them if they gained new evolutions since they are stronger than the middle stages.
Old June 5th, 2013 (06:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by Kerg:
Noctowl is Normal/Flying, he isn't Psychic at all mate.
Sorry "mate" but he still learns psychic moves like confusion and he can learn psychic via TM so even if he isn't a psychic type he still learns good psychic attacks, and he's a better pokemon to battle with than Swellow... which makes me think that swellow should evolve.

Please click my pokefarm egg:

Old June 5th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote originally posted by seant123:
Sorry "mate" but he still learns psychic moves like confusion and he can learn psychic via TM so even if he isn't a psychic type he still learns good psychic attacks, and he's a better pokemon to battle with than Swellow... which makes me think that swellow should evolve.
Swellow is stronger than Noctowl. Heck with Guts its a bigger threat than Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio and Unfezant too.

All it needs is some type coverage... like a Fire move, so its not stopped by Steel types. And thats more likely to gain by other means than a new evolution.
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by MiTjA:
Swellow is stronger than Noctowl. Heck with Guts its a bigger threat than Pidgeot, Fearow, Dodrio and Unfezant too.

All it needs is some type coverage... like a Fire move, so its not stopped by Steel types. And thats more likely to gain by other means than a new evolution.
Agreed, and to be honest, I don't think giving Swellow an evolution is really something GameFreak might even have in mind right now. Though, that's a far reaching guess since no one really knows what GameFreak is ever thinking except GameFreak themselves. Point being, Swellow as it stands is one of the strongest regional birds to date, all it needs is better type coverage and newer moves are likely to fix that than an evolution as MiTjA so perfectly said.
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

Have to agree there. Staraptor outclasses it for power and type coverage, although Swellow's faster. Perhaps they'll introduce the next regional bird as the best of both worlds? Although I guess they don't want you too overpowered...

I doubt they'd actually due it as the Hitmon comparisons would be too much...but a joint pre-evolution for Throh and Sawk? They could have it half red, half blue and throw in an anti-racist message :)

Gotta be honest I'm looking forward to the day Raichu evolves into the first 4-stage evolutionary line :P
Old June 5th, 2013 (01:55 PM).

staraptor is the best regional bird imo its just so powerful, fair enough i was probably wrong about swellow but i still think an evolution would be cool

Old June 5th, 2013 (03:42 PM).
» sixteen in the middle of miami
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Swellow, when set up correctly can become the strongest regional Bird. Staraptor can be comparable but with the Guts Ability and moves like Facade, you can stack up an Attack of 403 accompanied with it's high 125 Speed.

Anyway, about Fletchling I definitely can see it becoming one of the stronger regional birds, we already know it can learn Flame Charge which is a first! It was also noted that Fletchling is known to be Fierce in battle using relentless attacks. Regardless I will be using it on my team for X as I do with all regional birds on my first play through.
Old June 5th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
isn't that more of a reason why Swellow shouldn't have an evolutionary form. It'll be a beast...I mean, unmatched. Well, unless gamefreak plans to drop its speed some; ya know, like what they did for Murkrow with Honchkrow...an add more HP or slightly more increased defensive stats? I dunno, man.
Old June 5th, 2013 (08:10 PM).
Silver Tier

I also want to see Corsola evolve. It seems very underrated, same with Qwilfish...maybe make them version exclusives?
Old June 6th, 2013 (12:45 AM).
luster purge
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Corsola would be one of my first picks for Pokemon that should evolve. It's kind of a sad thing that it never really got the opportunity to shine in battle because, although it's typing is fairly decent, its stats are so horrible (aside from it's defenses) that it can't really do much to anything. It's kind of why, when I see Corsola evolving, i want to see like a huge boost in it's offenses. Though that begs the question of the viability of it since, looking at it from a different perspective, there are others such as Kabutops and Omastar that blow Corsola out of the water, so even if it did have an evo, I still wouldn't see it garnering that much use. u___u;;;

Though at least it doesn't hurt to at least hope for something to set poor Corsola apart from it's other Water/Rock brethren.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old June 6th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
Silver Tier

Maybe it's body upon evolution hardens and it becomes Water/Steel that way it wouldn't have much rivally except for Piplup's final evolution.

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, but what about a Sharpedo evolution? I feel like it should be a member of a three stage line. It's evolution could be made to look more shark like and less Piranha.
Old June 6th, 2013 (11:25 AM).

I'd like a sudowoodo evolution too, maybe making it into a really big tree instead of a little flimsy one, and yeah fletchling looks like it could be really strong, also it looks like its going to be part fire which is good.

Old June 6th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote originally posted by seant123:
I'd like a sudowoodo evolution too, maybe making it into a really big tree instead of a little flimsy one, and yeah fletchling looks like it could be really strong, also it looks like its going to be part fire which is good.
Sudowoodo could become a trent!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 6th, 2013 (02:24 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Anyone think Granbull should get an evolution? It seems to be forgotten a lot by fans...

Plus if the Fairy type turns out to be real it could evolve into a Normal/Fairy type.
Old June 6th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Silver Tier

True...seems like Johto still has a fair bit of Pokémon that could potentially have evolutions.

And this may sound strange but how about evolutions for the Hitmons? They all evolve by level depending on their stats and nothing else like Stones, or items, which could be used to say they would be unlikely like my call for evolutions for Sunflora and the like.
Old June 6th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
luster purge
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Maybe it's body upon evolution hardens and it becomes Water/Steel that way it wouldn't have much rivally except for Piplup's final evolution.

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, but what about a Sharpedo evolution? I feel like it should be a member of a three stage line. It's evolution could be made to look more shark like and less Piranha.
That's a good idea! :3 It's only competition then is Empoleon, which is a bit tricky, but I think Corsola can manage to set itself apart, somehow~!

And if Sharpedo were to have an evolution, can it possibly regain the other half of it's body back? When I first saw it, I thought it was so incredibly awkward how it's basically only half a shark, and it just feels weird. u__u It could possibly evolve into a great white shark of some sort?
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
Silver Tier

I also feel the same way, was going to mention that in that earlier post but wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Hopefully it will become a full shark, a great white sounds good.
Old June 6th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
Mud Attack!

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Anyone think Granbull should get an evolution? It seems to be forgotten a lot by fans...

Plus if the Fairy type turns out to be real it could evolve into a Normal/Fairy type.
I agree with you, Grambull should get a evolution. Since the game takes place in France, the french bulldog is one of the main dogs there.
Old June 7th, 2013 (06:14 AM).

I'm not too sure if I want a Fairy type, it just sounds weird and if its real we'll be seeing loads of weird fairy looking things and it doesn't really appeal to me, but if they can pull it off and make pokemon like Granbull evolve into fairies without completely destroying them then kudos.

Old June 7th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
Silver Tier

I'll perfer Granbull to became part Dark. Maybe if fairy is real it'll gain two type replacing Normal.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links