The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMirror View Post
i want pre and evolutions of pokemon like Lapras, Tropious, Druddigon,(Ninetails-Vulpix), (Diglett-Dugtrio), Hypno, Kangaskan, Mr Mime, Ditto, SudoWoodo, Skarmory, Giraferaig, Ambipom, Stantler, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Absol, Pachirisu, Chingling, Spiritomb, Rotom, Carnivine, Lickylicky, Probopass, Zebstrika, Audino, Sawk, Throh, Basculin, Maractus, Sigilyph, Caracosta, Deerling, Emolga, Alomamola, Cryogonal, Bouffolaunt, Heatmor, Durant and of corse HEAPS MORE EEVEELUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well he basically summed up everything I was about to say. As much as I hope to see more eeveelutions, I think Sylveon might be the only new one for a while.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Nah #666 will most likely be vivillion or pangoro because Chespin is 650 so If we include the evolutions of chespin and the rest of the Starters we go to number 658.Only 8 Pokemon remain.Evos for older Pokemon werent that high up the Pokedex
I think this is the only example but Crobat was pretty high on the list :
Chikorita : 152
Crobat : 169

So if Chespin was 650, then we could very well see an evolution of an old Pokemon in the slot #666. Boy, there sure is a lot of pressure on whoever takes the title Pokemon #666..

Talonflame just seems so...uncomplete though. I hope it does get an evolution.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:23 AM
ShiningLust
Gym Leader of Ground Oden

Nature: Jolly
omg I wanna see a new Lapras or Absol that would make me squeal like a lil girl lol

Egg Swap is back for GT10! Join us now and get swapping!
Pokemon White 2
Trainer Name: Oden
Friend Code: 4299-4642-0391
3DS Friend Name: Oden
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4646-3728
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Flamebot

Lapras doesnt need a evolution it's strong enough. Skarmory and absol, mawile, and dunsparce, Swellow qnd noctowl, and claydol,stantler, and durant all need evolutions boosting there stats
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I really just want to see Pokemon that have no evolutions like Dunsparce get an evolution so that they could actually be useful.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If you ask me, it looks like Talonflame has another evolution to go, idk it just doesn't look like it's a fully evolved regional bird.
While I hope that Talonflame has an evolution it looks like it'll be another Nocowl, it just looks like it's complete to me a la Swellow style.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:11 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
While I hope that Talonflame has an evolution it looks like it'll be another Nocowl, it just looks like it's complete to me a la Swellow style.
I agree, Talonflame is the same size as Unfezant and has that aggressive sort of look seen in fully evolved Pokémon about it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:41 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I didn't know where to put this, but Malamar, the new Dark/Psychic type that evolves from Inkay, reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason. Anyone else get that vibe too?
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:52 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I didn't know where to put this, but Malamar, the new Dark/Psychic type that evolves from Inkay, reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid for some reason. Anyone else get that vibe too?
That was my first thought, I commented on that after it was leaked. At first, I was like, this thing is hideous, but then I began to think, well, it is hideous, but it's also feminine and devious like Ursula. Generally, I think it's a great overall concept.

Though, this should be posted in the CoroCoro Leak Section.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I feel as though the Fletchling line will be incomplete without a 3rd member.

Audino=Chansey. Throh/Sawk=Hitmon's. Based on these patterns, I predict that gen 6 will introduce corresponding evolutions.

Lapras is overdue for a pre-evolution, ever since Snorlax got one.

Odd prediction of mine since Alomomola was confirmed to be unrelated to Luvdisc: What if they introduce a 2ndary evolution with a new method, from Luvdisc->NewGuy->Alomomola? We've seen the reverse happen with Roselia. (NewGuy->Roselia->NewGuy)
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Flamebot

Farfetched or however it's spell needs a evolution
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post

Lapras is overdue for a pre-evolution, ever since Snorlax got one.

Odd prediction of mine since Alomomola was confirmed to be unrelated to Luvdisc: What if they introduce a 2ndary evolution with a new method, from Luvdisc->NewGuy->Alomomola? We've seen the reverse happen with Roselia. (NewGuy->Roselia->NewGuy)

What does Snorlax getting a pre-evo have to do with the completely unrelated Lapras? In no way do the two have any connection or be compared for justifiable means.

As for Alomomola, it will never happen. They are not related. They will never be related. Nothing connects the two and randomly forcing a relation will force one to be completely redesigned to better match the other.

Luvdisc and Alomomola will never have an inbetween evo nor will luvdisc evolve into Alomomola.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I'm kind of starting to get worried that maybe we won't see evolutions of poke's from previous gens, as we originally thought was likely, but they've only really showed Sylveon, and been really quiet about everything else.

That being said, I really want to see an evo for druddigon for some reason, which probably won't happen. A third evo in Bisharp's I'd dig too.
Old July 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecr0wFixatioN View Post
I'm kind of starting to get worried that maybe we won't see evolutions of poke's from previous gens, as we originally thought was likely, but they've only really showed Sylveon, and been really quiet about everything else.

That being said, I really want to see an evo for druddigon for some reason, which probably won't happen. A third evo in Bisharp's I'd dig too.
I feel the same way. Hopefully in the next two issues we'll get some more evolutions. If Sylveon's the only one...well I feel we've speculated here for nothing.

I too want an evolution for Druddigon, it looks like it can evolve into a Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Rock Pokémon.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old July 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I'd rather a Druddigon prevo than an evo, to be quite honest. It's already massive, and I don't like Kangashkan cases.

I'd be disappointed were no mons in this generation (Sylveon aside) related to past pokémon, and surprised too. Honestly people asking for evolutions/prevolutions of their favourite pokémon is a very common thing, an obvious fan pleaser (assuming you don't competely mess the new pokémon up like Gen IV) too. Sure, it's safer not to risk annoying people by giving ugly evolutions to pokémon they love, but X&Y don't seem like games that are playing it safe.

Old July 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
I'd rather a Druddigon prevo than an evo, to be quite honest. It's already massive, and I don't like Kangashkan cases.

I'd be disappointed were no mons in this generation (Sylveon aside) related to past pokémon, and surprised too. Honestly people asking for evolutions/prevolutions of their favourite pokémon is a very common thing, an obvious fan pleaser (assuming you don't competely mess the new pokémon up like Gen IV) too. Sure, it's safer not to risk annoying people by giving ugly evolutions to pokémon they love, but X&Y don't seem like games that are playing it safe.
Agreed, they sure are playing with more risk here than they did in the supposed "Reboot" that was suppose to be Gen 5. Also if they don't make more evolutions it'll sort of feel like GF is telling us that this is what we get for having a certain number amongst us not liking the evolutions introduced in Sinnoh (I liked them) and have decided to not do that again. Traditionally Even generations have introduced evolutions while Odd's tend to focus on new lines.

Maybe they can give it the Roselia treatment and give it a pre evo and an evolution. I just hope they introduce a new method of pre evolution...too many Incenses...

Old July 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I doubt they would only add 1 evolution to a generation of previous pokemon, even with it being Eevee. I wasn't around for the Gen 4 showing for the games, so I don't know how they did them.
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Honestly, I'm pretty okay with not seeing evolutions to old Pokemon. Would it be nice to see? Sure, but I'm not overly excited at the possibility of it. If Eevee is to get a new evolution, it's safe to say that we'll probably see a few new evolutions or pre-evolutions (I find that less likely though...) but like I said, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we didn't.
Old July 19th, 2013, 05:17 AM
AmericanWonderland
Sassmaster

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanWonderland
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Guys I just thought about it... What if that latest revealed Poke you know : Oorotto might be an evolution of our old Pokemon : Sudowoodo?
That makes a lot of sense and I was wondering it myself, and considering all the people I've seen who want an evolution for Sudowoodo, it wouldn't surprise me if they made one.

White 2 Friend Code= 3010 6901 0098
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

As I said, it was seen in a Horde battle and I highly doubt they would put 5 fully evolved pokemon attack the player all at once. Now if it was surrounded by Sudowoodo and there was only 1 Oorotto, I could totally see it happening. They really never said if it was just that pokemon in the horde battle or if it was with others.

When I first saw the pokemon I thought of an evolution of Sudowoodo, but it looks too evil to be an evolution of that pokemon.

Also, I wouldn't mind not seeing old pokemon get evolutions as well, other than Eevee still not matching all the different enviroments. And there are just some pokemon that need Pre evos to make any since at all.
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
AmericanWonderland
Sassmaster

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanWonderland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
When I first saw the pokemon I thought of an evolution of Sudowoodo, but it looks too evil to be an evolution of that pokemon.
Maybe you have to evolve it using a Dark stone or something of sorts? It could help to explain why it looks much more evil.

White 2 Friend Code= 3010 6901 0098
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

It's too bad this Skrelp evolution was confirmed fake by serebii. I may have actually changed my mind from selecting X version. I am hoping skrelp undergoes a feebas->milotic transformation like in the fake scan.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Honestly, I'm pretty okay with not seeing evolutions to old Pokemon. Would it be nice to see? Sure, but I'm not overly excited at the possibility of it. If Eevee is to get a new evolution, it's safe to say that we'll probably see a few new evolutions or pre-evolutions (I find that less likely though...) but like I said, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we didn't.
And actually, I really didn't like many of the gen IV evolutions. Many of them just seem extremely bloated, bulky, and uncreative versions of their predecessors. ie. Tangrowth, Electrivire, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Magnezone, Probopass, Togekiss, and Rhyperior. (This is why gen 4 is the least creative as far as overall pokemon design, despite having plenty of great new lines introduced.) These pokemon didn't need an evolution in many of the cases.

Though, there were some innovative designs such as Froslass, Dusknoir, Roserade, Yanmega, eeveelutions (these are always a safe bet), Gliscor, and Mamoswine/Gallade (on the fence with these two).

Don't get me wrong, there are some pokemon I REALLY want a new evolution for, but I am apprehensive about the track record; it's pretty much hit or miss when it comes to these. My short list of good evolutions/pre-evolutions would be:
Spoiler:

1) MAWILE!!!!!!!!!! (No explanation needed)
2) MARACTUS!!!!!! (Unova's very own Roselia, though more powerful. Maybe a cacnea split would work as well as a new family.)
3) SMEARGLE!!!! (Perfect for French Theme!)
4) Lapras (Pre-evo, @ Loch Ness if we are able to surf to the UK)
5) Corsola (I remember, back in the day, I persisted on trying to evolve this thing )
6) Miltank/Tauros (We have all be saying/thinking this!)
7) Tropius (Pre-evo) (Very confused why it wasn't given one in Gen III)
8) Sableye (Evolution with unlimited possibilities)
9) Durant (pre-evo and Queen ant split evo)
10) Geraferig (Pre-evo and split evolution or form for 'darker' side to dominate)
10) Banette (Banette>Dusclops) (Evil Puppeteer)

Many of the pokemon listed are gen III. These would be great to save as new ammunition for a Hoenn remake in 2015/2016 to keep the game fresh without adding new pokemon lines.

Misc) Luvdisc -> Alomamola (So frustrating why they didn't do this. I don't care for either of them, but it is just vexing as hell!)

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; July 19th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old July 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
It's too bad this Skrelp evolution was confirmed fake by serebii. I may have actually changed my mind from selecting X version. I am hoping skrelp undergoes a feebas->milotic transformation like in the fake scan.

Spoiler:

And actually, I really didn't like many of the gen IV evolutions. Many of them just seem extremely bloated, bulky, and uncreative versions of their predecessors. ie. Tangrowth, Electrivire, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Magnezone, Probopass, Togekiss, and Rhyperior. (This is why gen 4 is the least creative as far as overall pokemon design, despite having plenty of great new lines introduced.) These pokemon didn't need an evolution in many of the cases.

Though, there were some innovative designs such as Froslass, Dusknoir, Roserade, Yanmega, eeveelutions (these are always a safe bet), Gliscor, and Mamoswine/Gallade (on the fence with these two).

Don't get me wrong, there are some pokemon I REALLY want a new evolution for, but I am apprehensive about the track record; it's pretty much hit or miss when it comes to these. My short list of good evolutions/pre-evolutions would be:
Spoiler:

1) MAWILE!!!!!!!!!! (No explanation needed)
2) MARACTUS!!!!!! (Unova's very own Roselia, though more powerful. Maybe a cacnea split would work as well as a new family.)
3) SMEARGLE!!!! (Perfect for French Theme!)
4) Lapras (Pre-evo, @ Loch Ness if we are able to surf to the UK)
5) Corsola (I remember, back in the day, I persisted on trying to evolve this thing )
6) Miltank/Tauros (We have all be saying/thinking this!)
7) Tropius (Pre-evo) (Very confused why it wasn't given one in Gen III)
8) Sableye (Evolution with unlimited possibilities)
9) Durant (pre-evo and Queen ant split evo)
10) Geraferig (Pre-evo and split evolution or form for 'darker' side to dominate)
10) Banette (Banette>Dusclops) (Evil Puppeteer)

Many of the pokemon listed are gen III. These would be great to save as new ammunition for a Hoenn remake in 2015/2016 to keep the game fresh without adding new pokemon lines.

Misc) Luvdisc -> Alomamola (So frustrating why they didn't do this. I don't care for either of them, but it is just vexing as hell!)
Woah, that fake evolution is beautiful...compared to the real basic stage (well I'm assuming it's basic).

Also while judging their track record on evolution we should judge the one's introduced in gen 2 as well as that one had several.

Politoad was better than the alternate Poliwrath in design.
Slowking was also more creative than the other option, Slowbro.
Espeon and Umbreon were cool looking and set into motion the future additions to the eevee tree.
Belossom was cute, but the disappearance of poison is interesting...
Scizor was cool, and looks very different than Scyther yet similar enough to recognize it as an evolution.

Old July 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Does anyone know if this Eevelution is fake or real? It was shot during Pokemon Smash but it was never aired. Its said to be a dragon type Eevelution. I know this might be old but I'm just curious since i wont give up on a Dragon Eevelution.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishCookie View Post
Does anyone know if this Eevelution is fake or real? It was shot during Pokemon Smash but it was never aired. Its said to be a dragon type Eevelution. I know this might be old but I'm just curious since i wont give up on a Dragon Eevelution.

I don't think it's real but I sure wish it was, it looks cool plus I want a Dragon eeveelution.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links