The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
With all the Dunsparce's showing up lately in the anime and on smash, I am almost 90% certain we will be getting a Dunsparce Evo.
With all the Dunsparce showing up?

Huh?

I don't remember seeing that many Dunsparce. I mean I and a bunch of people called the Eevee thing with all the Eevee advertising back during the Unova League tournament, but I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with Dunsparce going on.
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
I'd love to see a Rapidash evolution (Fire/Flying of course, or perhaps Fire/Fairy with wings). It's just practically begging to be turned into a pegasus. An evolution for Pinsir would be cool too, since his buddy Scyther left him in the dust a while ago. I could also envision an evolved or baby (or both) form for Lapras. I'm not sure if that Eevelution in the picture is real or fake, but I speculate there will be another since gens 2 and 4 released them in pairs
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Dope Crunk
likes her bass down low

Nature: Impish
I have always, always dreamed of a Farfetch'd evolution that was a royal swan. He needs his fifteen minutes of fame
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Crunk View Post
I have always, always dreamed of a Farfetch'd evolution that was a royal swan. He needs his fifteen minutes of fame :)
I've always found it kinda unfair that Farfetch'd would have so much potential for an SD moveset but such little chance to ever fully use it. I'm hoping that an evolution would change this, perhaps bump his speed to a base 85 rather than base 60 (at least something reasonably fast, not overly so), at least something so it can get a chance to set up Swords Dance and sweep. Even his meager base 65 attack doesn't help much, it would at least be a huge plus if it got a base 90 or something in an evo.

One can only dream, I suppose. xD;
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
With all the Dunsparce showing up?

Huh?

I don't remember seeing that many Dunsparce. I mean I and a bunch of people called the Eevee thing with all the Eevee advertising back during the Unova League tournament, but I don't really see anything out of the ordinary with Dunsparce going on.
Someone dressed up as a Dunsparce in the last Pokemon Smash episode. Ash tried to catch a Dunsparce one one of the Da episodes. And Pokejungle I think it was, the people who was doing the stuff that showed up said "ANOTHER Dunsparce teaser" Actually I don't remember exactly where I saw this, but it was an article about the last Pokemon Smash episode. So there must have been more.

When Ash caught Aipom, there ended up being a evo of it. It may be nothing, I am just saying and it should get an evolution.

Last edited by Iceman3317; July 30th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Hmm, I don't think I've posted here yet. I haven't read through most of the comments, but there are some I can both agree/disagree.

Here's what I think: Pre-evolutions? IMO they are unneeded for the most part. Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Tauros/Miltank are the only ones I see, possibly Throh/Sawk, because it actually makes sense. Anything else would be a waste of precious pokedex space. I've heard others say that pre-evolutions improved the movesets of Pokemon, but so do evolutions, which IMO are overall better. Maybe it's because I only play Pokemon competitively.

Evolutions: Yes! I would like a Pegasus-like Rapidash evolution! I wouldn't mind a pegasus Pokemon being its own separate Pokemon, but I would also like to see Rapidash get a boost both aesthetically and viability.
I've always pictured Dunsparce evolving into a serpent-like normal/dragon type. Those wings could sure be put to good use.
Mawile is another I agree with. I remember seeing a fan-made picture of it having those jaws as its hands and being more warrior-like.
Houndoom, while its stats are already pretty good, has always made me think that one day it could evolve into a cerberus. I would say chimera, but Litleo seems like it would fill that role.

None of these have been obviously advertised, like Eevee, but neither were most of the evolutions from 4th generation. If I recall from 2006, Electivire & Roserade were two of the few that were introduced while everything else remained hidden.
Old July 30th, 2013, 11:10 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm gonna toss my wishlist of PKMN that I want to have Evolutions or Pre-evolutions. :3
And I'm also posting to secretly increase my post count. Shhhh!!!

Pre-evolution List...
- Scyther
- Pinsir
- Kangaskhan, for goodness' sake! Give it a pre-evo already!
- Tauros
- Miltank
- Stantler
- Smeargle
- Tropius
- Torkoal
- Lapras

Evolution List...
- Lapras
- Torkoal
- Dunsparce, please?
- Volbeat
- Illumisé
- ...Unown?
Old July 30th, 2013, 11:45 PM
victreeplume

Nature: Naughty
I'm not really a fan of Pre-evos, but a baby Lapras would look adorable. Also, a baby cow-mon to evolve into either Miltank or Tauros would be cool.

As for evolutions:
Houndoom - as mentioned, a cerberus kinda look would be awesome
Lapras - an even larger plesiosaur
Durant - turn into in to a queen ant
Ariados - could turn into a huge, menacing spider. we need more strong bug types

I also would love a ghost type Eeveelution - just call it "Ghouleon"
Old July 31st, 2013, 12:33 AM
shamus24

i have a feeling most evolutions will be to promote the fairy type (see: sylveon), so yeah i'd totally bet on dunsparce evolving to a fairy something. i'd be surprised if oldschool pokemon like pinsir and jynx got an evolution, at this point i'm sure gamefreak/nintendo would like to promote something newer/more popular.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:12 AM
Voliol

Tauros and Miltank should evolve from the same baby pokémon. They even appear in the same horde battle.

- Mewtwo
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:20 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

The reason I don't want Dunsparce to become Normal/Fairy is because I want its evolution to be Normal/Ground or Normal/Dragon. But if Dunsparce becomes Normal/Fairy, then Ground/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy would also be okay for its evo.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
pokerex
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
The reason I don't want Dunsparce to become Normal/Fairy is because I want its evolution to be Normal/Ground or Normal/Dragon.
Why do you want the part normal?
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
The fact that Kangaskhan hasn't had a baby pre-evolution really pisses me off.
C'mon, She can't just come out of an egg with a baby Pokemon in her pouch!
Its stupid. They need to make a male counterpart for her also. Something similar looking. but more "manly" Such as real life kangaroo's. The males are much taller. Muscle tone. Ect.
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus24 View Post
i have a feeling most evolutions will be to promote the fairy type (see: sylveon), so yeah i'd totally bet on dunsparce evolving to a fairy something. i'd be surprised if oldschool pokemon like pinsir and jynx got an evolution, at this point i'm sure gamefreak/nintendo would like to promote something newer/more popular.
I agree with the part where Gamefreak would want to create a mass amount of fairy-types for the sake of showcasing the type itself, but I'm not so sure about evolving Pokemon for that purpose. Of course, I do not doubt that dunsparce might get an evo to Normal/Fairy (why get rid of the Normal type after all? I suppose that should answer the above poster's question?), but I feel that it might be one of the very few Pokemon (aside from the ones that we already know of) that are going to get their types changed or anything like that.

Or I could be wrong, but I don't forsee that many past generation Pokemon who dont have evos would evolve into fairy, unless I'm misunderstanding. D: In that case, my bad!
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:12 AM
BlueEspeon
Banned

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:batto:. View Post
Its stupid. They need to make a male counterpart for her also. Something similar looking. but more "manly" Such as real life kangaroo's. The males are much taller. Muscle tone. Ect.
'Sactly.

This is how I want it to work:
Egg= Baby Kangaskhan
Female Baby Kangaskhan can evolve at level 25 into Kangaskhan
-Or-
Male Baby Kangaskhan + holding Skull + Level up = Cubone
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I do agree; and in fact, I always found it really awkward how a Kangaskhan can come out of an egg, but hey, it's Pokemon logic, so I never really bothered to argue much with that. .-. It'd be neat if the baby version of Kangaskhan was actually a Pokemon itself though.

As for the "male" version of Kanga? Not too sure about that, though I wouldn't be bothered if GF decided to include it. I think it'd be an interesting addition, really. n_n I'd like to see it!
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Flamebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:batto:. View Post
If it does then they should increase Kangaskhans stats
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

How about a Kangaskhan evolution as well? It can become Steel/Fighting (it's skin could turn into metal or it could gain armor).
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
How about a Kangaskhan evolution as well? It can become Steel/Fighting (it's skin could turn into metal or it could gain armor).
Personally, I really do not like things that are Steel/Fighting unless they are really fast and are capable of dishing out heavy damage. Lucario, of course, is a good example of this, but nowadays (unless I'm wrong), it doesn't seem to...have the same amount of glory as it once did in 4th gen, I suppose (of course, one can blame this on the fact that Luke is a fairly frail Pokemon, all things taken into consideration).

I don't want to get too carried away with that, but all of that is to say, if Kanga were to get an evolution with a Fighting/Steel combo, please make it super-fast so it doesnt die easily @_@
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:42 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerex View Post
Why do you want the part normal?
Because Dunsparce is pure Normal.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Community Supporter

Well they could change both of Dunsparce's types...I don't believe it's been done yet where a mono type turns into two completely different types but it can happen.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
The_Consumer

Moreover...a third evolution to the Spoink/Grumpig line would be interesting.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
mason385

Nature: Jolly
Im hoping for a third evolution to Krabby/Kingler
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
To everyone who's saying they want more eeveelutions, or think that there will be a 2nd eeveelution this go-around... wouldn't it make sense for Gamefreak to pace themselves with releasing future eeveelutions? There's only 18 types in the game, and Pokemon isn't going to end any time soon. I'm glad they only released one eeveelution this time around, because they're pacing themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Look at every evolution given to a pokemon in a generation after its original debut. The Sinnoh evolutions are the most relevant.

How many of them actively changed types to become a more powerful version of itself? Did Lickitung suddenly become Dragon/Poison, dragon because Lickitung was reptilian, and poison because it used deadly saliva to poison its foe? Did Porygon2 become Electric/Psychic or Electric/Steel due to it being technology related or an artificial intelligence?

I think Kangaskhan becoming a steelclad warrior is too farfetch'd, and if we're going to speculate an evolution, it wouldn't be anything drastic.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Community Supporter

I didn't say a Steel clad warrior. It'll still be Kangoroo...only with a tougher hide. I guess it could become only Steel or only fighting...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links