The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
No, they aren't even the same egg-group and that alone is enough to throw the whole idea out the window.
Just because they're flatter-shaped fish doesn't mean they are related.
That plus because Pokemon look similar in general doesn't mean they should evolve into the other, it just means they're the next generation representations. Same goes for Pidove and Pidgey for example, they look somewhat similar but if they evolved into each other it would be -really- weird. Still not a fan of the evolutions related to them. :(
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That plus because Pokemon look similar in general doesn't mean they should evolve into the other, it just means they're the next generation representations. Same goes for Pidove and Pidgey for example, they look somewhat similar but if they evolved into each other it would be -really- weird. Still not a fan of the evolutions related to them.
Think about it this way. Many, many animals can only barely be distinguished from one another, and some are not even closely related. For example, salamanders and lizards. Salamanders look very much like a lizard, but aren't even in the same taxonomy group, being amphibians. Pokemon are based off animals, and animals don't have to be related to look similar is some cases.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Casey16
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
_______Pokemon X & Y- Eeveelutions________

So far in previous games, There are now a total of 7 eeveleutions. I want the new X and Y game to have atleast two new evolutions of eevee. I really want them to have a Dragon type, or a ghost type, Or rock Eeveelution.

- comment, what type do you want?
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Shiny Bidoof
On fire

Steelion or ghostleon, definitely. A poison Eevee would also be cool.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:52 AM
PokeGeisha
Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGeisha
Yeah what he said :o I hardly believe they will make a dragon Evee but i would definitly want to see what the poison Evee would look like!:D

My Fc- 5258 0048 9828
Battles, Trades, Fun♥

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
I want an evolution for Torkoal.
As for eeveelution, I think we will get at least one, but I hope to get at least 2 Because tradition.
Hopefully ghost, flying or poison.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:42 AM
shivamwazhere
Unhatched Egg

As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamwazhere View Post
As cool as a ghost eeveelution sounds i feel that its highly impractical, because the whole point of eevee's evolutions are so that it can adapt into its new environment, a ghost type would indicate that eevee died.
Not really adapt, but rather gain elemental powers from exposure to a pure source.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamwazhere View Post
Hahaha the last part of your post really made me laugh there because it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. New evolution method: death! I had pictured anime trainers carrying their dead Eevee around waiting for it to evolve (Zombieon?). Reminded me of a prank I saw on YouTube where the guy pretended to be blind and walk his little dog, when really he was wearing glasses and had a dead armadillo on the leash to get people's reactions. He took it to the dog park and everything lolol

*hunting:

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:41 AM
DTep
Arcanine4evar

The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTep View Post
The main evolution i have been dying for is Pinsir. It is absolute ridiculous for him to be a straight bug type when the only real useful bug move i can think of him learning is X-Scissor. The best way for them to do this is make a new fighting move, he learns it then levels up and evolves into his new evolution being bug/fighting (finally!). Some other evolutions i would like to see are Torkoal, Mawile, Spinda, Qwilfish, and Kecleon. I also want to see evolutions to Seviper and Zangoose, but that is only because i loved that rivalry and want to see it re-vamped.
I always imagined that if Pinsir were to ever receive an evolution, it would turn out to be Bug/Steel. I know it's the same typing as Scyther's evolution, but Pinsir to me just screams Bug/Steel by itself, so for it to evolve into something of that typing would deem fitting to me. I could see a Bug/Fighting working out though.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
Zombieon
I don't know why but that sounds freakin Awesome !
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

Both:

Heracross

Evolution:

Jynx
Corsola
Eevee
Starmie (somehow)

Pre-Evolution:

Lapras

From what I remember, for now, that's it.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Shiny Bidoof
On fire

I think it's time that Farfechd got an evolution. Right? It's been too long.

Also Emolga.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Quirky
Those are very cool. I really hope for a ghost type Eeveelution.

Old January 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
Ghost...eon?
Anyway, I'd like a castform evolution coz it NEEDS one

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinish View Post
Both:

Heracross
I wouldn't be opposed to a Heracross evolution, simply because it's such an awesome Pokémon, but that's also the reason why I don't think it needs one. It has a Base Attack of 125. If it evolves, how much higher will it go? The rest of its base stats are pretty good as well. On top of that, it comes with a nice movepool under it's belt...er, should I say wings.

Quote:
Evolution:

Jynx
Corsola
Eevee
Starmie (somehow)
Absolutely to Corsola getting an evolution. Poor thing, I really feel like in the mix of so many Pokémon, it has been long forgotten. The thing is, I can see a really awesome evolution for the little one. Bare with me here, but I envision canons. Not extremely large ones, but canons nonetheless.

I don't think there's much chance we'll be seeing a Starmie evolution though. After five generations, there hasn't been a Pokémon yet who evolves again after using an evolution stone on them the first time.

Quote:
Pre-Evolution:

Lapras
Yes, please.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Starmie is ridiculously powerful, I don't see why it needs an evolution. o_O

Last edited by Zorua; January 18th, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Forever
let it go

Plus I think its evolution would be overkill in terms of design. I mean, Starmie's so nice and getting a better looking Starmie would not be easy imo.
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Starmie is ridiculously powerful, I don't see why it needs an evolution.
To quote Tim the Tool Man Taylor from Home Improvement:

Quote:
MORE POWER!
Of course, we know what happened when he said and did that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
thebest
Where beginnings are
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Do you think there will be more evelutions, I would decently want at least one more or two more. What so you guys think?

POKEMON Y 3695 1353 1392
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:32 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.
Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:49 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.
Oh, well in that case HURRAH (unless those people had that idea in this thread in which case it's kind of embarrassing).

I was thinking a hydra of sorts, myself. Fairly massive, three heads, Poison/Dragon type and fabulous sweeping stats. I've always been a huge Arbok/Seviper fan so I'd like at least one of them to be usable
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here