The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted February 13th, 2013 (06:29 PM).
proN
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Heh, i gotta agree with you MRAS, i really hope they bring team Galactic back, maybe even better than before, or at least Cyrus.
Old Posted February 14th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'd kinda like it if there was no team, and there was just a single villain. Like Agent J.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old Posted February 14th, 2013 (06:10 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
I'd kinda like it if there was no team, and there was just a single villain. Like Agent J.
Just one would be awesome, I mean, for a while we figured that N could possibly take on that role if it wasn't for Team Plasma, and given N's influence on B/W, chances are it might actually be possible this generation if it's just one person you think/are fighting against!
Old Posted February 15th, 2013 (08:27 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
Eh, I dunno about that.

Evil teams exist to add morals to the story. Children shouldn't necessarily be left to their whims. It's really a part of human nature to want to put a stop to a malevolent syndicate and be the good guy, and in many cases when you're fighting the evil team, you get commended and thanked for saving a small business, or the like. There are also moments when the bad guys are up to no good and you stop them without anyone around to recognize you for your hard work. One of the many morals that fighting an evil team comes with is that not every good deed goes rewarded. Another important thing is that your in-game family and friends all mention that your Pokemon are always growing closer together with you and as a team. This indicates to children that it's important to stick together and bonds between friends is an advantage against any adversary.

There's also all that bulbous about being a hero and standing up for what's good and just when even the local law enforcement seems incapable of keeping the peace, but a new mafia is definitely needed for Gen VI, imo. Without them, kids will go on playing without seeing that people need a good somaritan every once in a while to do what nobody else in town seems capable of accomplishing.

My point is, I'm not sure if just a single person would accomplish feats and provide morals of lessons that a whole team can do, but, it'd be quite interesting if it turns out that way. Unless maybe there is a single true "evil villain" and he/she have followers who do not agree with their plan, and would rather put money on the table than capture a legendary pokemon or something.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old Posted February 15th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe instead of a vast evil team, but yet not one person they could introduce a tight group of Six or Seven powerful trainers who battle you multiple times...like what they could've done with the sages but didn't. They can be based on a super tight secretive cult looking to create a new world order...hey we had PETA, and ecoterrorists, and crazy god wannabes so why not a Illuminati version?
Old Posted February 18th, 2013 (07:04 AM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
^That would be cool if each of the "sages" had separate, interesting personalities. Maybe there would be no specific "leader", similar to the way the Kimono Girls thing worked, and they would all be focused on a single area? Wait, for that to work, there would have to be at least nine, one for each gym, and in this scenario I suppose the last one, the E4 one, would be a leader of some sort. Yeah, this would be interesting, but I think GF may have had enough of the "cult" thing with Galactic...but it would still be quite epic, especially if at least one or two of those "sages" were female.

Or, get this- the Interpol is the evil team! They've gone bad and stuff, except for a few of them who try to work with you to bring the agency down from the inside. Plus, this would give you the excuse to dress up in a cool costume like in HGSS with the Radio Tower. And also, we'd get to see Looker again. Wow, this is reminding me of the BW2 speculations when I saw some person speculating that Looker would form an ultimate evil team from the captured former executives of the teams he and the Interpol had brought down...it was by far both the weirdest and most epic idea ever.
Old Posted February 21st, 2013 (11:07 PM).
Community Supporter

I would perfer if they had them wonder around, in the end they could gather and battle you two on two (you and rival) and if there were a seventh you rival allows you to take them on your own, or perhaps the rival distracts while you go get the legend or at least put a stop to it. When you return she or he could have been defeated forcing you to stop the big bad on your own.

Hopefully the evil team will have more ambitious admins, the sage minus two came off as extremely passive, letting themselves be captured so easily, and most of which left all together. I'll like it if the admins compete against one another to either impress the boss or consolidate power (I got this idea from my history class where we talked about how Hitler's cabinet acted amongst themselves in this fashion.)
Old Posted February 22nd, 2013 (05:55 AM).
Archeops12354
Smoochum

In all the pokemon games, I kinda liked crime organizations, however the average bad guys (eg. team rocket grunt) were stupidly weak. In white 2, I took out the entire team plasma frigate with one pokemon - Excadrill. Not only that, but they just weren't that fun to battle with.
The only people I actually had fun battling were the executives or leaders of the crime organization (such as N).

I want the villainous teams to return, only if Game Freak make them tougher this gen. Of course, I also wouldn't mind having only seven or eight powerful trainers teaming up against you. Just to freshen the series a bit.

Gen 6.
Old Posted February 22nd, 2013 (06:02 AM).
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

I think it'll be based on space...again...cause Team Rocket,Team Galactic,the only one that doesn't relate to space is Team Aqua/Team Magma...and I think they'll be using Dark,Poison,Ghost,or Psychic types

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old Posted February 22nd, 2013 (09:14 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3R0D4C7YL View Post
I think it'll be based on space...again...cause Team Rocket,Team Galactic,the only one that doesn't relate to space is Team Aqua/Team Magma...and I think they'll be using Dark,Poison,Ghost,or Psychic types
Actually they all have to do with science terms (Rocket I'm guessing comes from Rocket Science), with Aqua being latin for water (which is used often in science), and Magma representing a stage in the rock cycle, Galactic refers to space science, and Plasma to the fourth stage of matter. So keeping with the science theme it could be Genetic, Spherical, etc.
Old Posted March 13th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If there's anything I want, I just want to have their motivation to be world domination. I felt like Unova stepped away from this initially then sort of returned to it in B2/W2, but I miss the days of Team Rocket just trying to take over whatever they could in hopes of being able to use it to control the region/world. Maybe a more involved storyline than that, but if that was the endgame of their plans I'd be a happy camper.
Old Posted March 13th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would like a villan like Hunter J. Having your Pokémon almost stolen early on, only to be saved by that champion or someone would be great.
Old Posted March 13th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd actually love to see something like that as well, but I doubt that they'd make you have your Pokémon stolen. A lot of the player base probably wouldn't like it, but I definitely would. Having to make do with whatever they'd give you to fight to get your own Pokémon back would be a really good story moment.
Old Posted March 13th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I have a certain problem with villainous teams, and Jake's post paints it very clearly: They can't really do anything that would directly affect the player. Like, they can't steal your Pokemon, and basically, you're pretty much untouchable. I wish there was a villainous team that, at least, succeeds in stealing your Pokemon, and like vappy has said, you would be saved by someone (probably the champion) and you would end up getting them back. Or go on a separate journey entirely. It's not always about beating the 8 gyms and being incredibly linear, but unfortunately the series have pretty much always been that way. .___. B2/W2 were the closest ever, as far as the most evil team is concerned, since they just about froze your main character. That is something I want to see happen more often.

Let's hope they can create more interactive scenarios with the player and this evil team.
Old Posted March 13th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I wholeheartedly agree. After five generations being the untouchable hero who is just a kid is getting ridiculous. For starters, you're just a kid. It can't be that hard for a group of adults to manipulate a child into doing something they want. They did it with N, but the hero? Pshh, impossible. I think I said this in another thread but I want to see consequences for our actions instead of having a perfectly linear storyline.

Of course, it's not going to happen, because why fix what isn't broken ;_;
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
i think the new team may think that pokemon s are far too powerful and thus dangerous so they might actually try to kidnap and catch pokemon it would be cool i think :D
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I would love to see the Evil team succeed during a part of the game. I think it would be interesting if they "stole" all of your Pokemon and locked you up in their hide-out. Somehow you would manage to break free, and you'd find find one of your Pokemon in the cell next to yours, but just one. You would free him, and you would try to flee from the hide-out. While you are escaping, you would have to battle some members of the evil organization, eventually finding all your Pokemon and breaking them free.
It would be nice to see the hero actually struggling and being in serious trouble, it would make him more "human", if you know what i mean? And it would make for a really exciting storyline!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (09:51 AM).
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
Going with the X and Y theme, maybe the new villainous team will capture Pokemon and try to splice their genes/DNA together like mad scientists? And as the protagonists you have to stop them from trying to work against nature/creating mutant Pokemon?
I actually hope this happens. For the past fourteen years, we've been fighting nothing but regular Pokemon throughout each game. I've always wanted the next game to allow us to fight stuff that wasn't Pokemon (PokeStar was a step in the right direction), so I would love if the next evil team battled with hybrid Pokemon, because they'd be so hard to prepare for. What types would they be? What would be their abilities? What attacks would they use?

And can we please drop the "Team" from the name? Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Snagem, Team Galactic, Team Plasma -- it's like they're all part of some global villainous organization and their team names were assigned to them. I mean, seriously, talk about lacking in creativity.

For instance, let's say the next organization does dabble in mutant Pokemon. Call 'em something like the "Genome Faction" or the "Hybrid Agency" -- something cool and original.
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (10:14 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Oh lord I hope we never have that actually. It's so much unneeded game data when they're already making who knows how many new Pokémon as it is. If we're throwing hybrids into the mix then it's just going to be an awful mess in my opinion. But hey, that's just me =P

However, Team ____ has gotten stale, so I agree with it. I doubt they're going to change it since it's worked this long, why bother? I'd love to see something more original though.
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (03:58 PM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I would love to see the Evil team succeed during a part of the game. I think it would be interesting if they "stole" all of your Pokemon and locked you up in their hide-out. Somehow you would manage to break free, and you'd find find one of your Pokemon in the cell next to yours, but just one. You would free him, and you would try to flee from the hide-out. While you are escaping, you would have to battle some members of the evil organization, eventually finding all your Pokemon and breaking them free.
It would be nice to see the hero actually struggling and being in serious trouble, it would make him more "human", if you know what i mean? And it would make for a really exciting storyline!
Now that is a freakin' crazy...enough to work idea, I LOVE it! Having to find our way out of the hide-out while regaining our Pokemon along the way.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old Posted March 15th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Yamiidenryuu

The "team" thing is a bit more reasonable in the original japanese, where it's actually a rather more menacing "gang", but that obviously wouldn't fly well overseas, so.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old Posted March 16th, 2013 (03:41 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
Now that is a freakin' crazy...enough to work idea, I LOVE it! Having to find our way out of the hide-out while regaining our Pokemon along the way.
Haha thanks, although i think it's pretty much day-dreaming I'd love to actually seem something like that in the new games. It would add some "hero" feeling to the main character and definitely make matters so much more personal than usually.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old Posted April 9th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Given recent news, anyone think Team Rocket might have reassembled once more? We never did find out where Giovanni went after he left Tojho Falls. Perhaps he's the head of a whole new team after abandoning Team Rocket once and for all?

Not that I'm willing to bet that will happen, but it's an interesting thought.
Old Posted April 9th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Maybe! A past character goes insane, evil, corrupt, and brings havoc upon the region. Like Red, Wallace, or Whitney and her Miltank for God sakes (Which would be the most terrifying boss leader EVAR!). Maybe a Gym Leader(s) or Elite 4 uprising/rebellion with a back story to it of course.

But since the reveal of 'Mewthree' I presume it's Team Rocket. But with a twist, the leader of this Team Rocket branch is your own in-game mother or the Professor! Dun Dun Duuuuun!

Back story of your mother being a rocket member goes back for years. But in current time you want to go on a Pokemon journey, but your mother refuse and forbids you from going. But obviously a 12 year old like you, don't give a thing. You go against her and run away, on a journey. And in the very end of the game, you win the heart of your mother, and she quits as a Rocket member/leader.

With a bonus of Jesse, James and Meowth returning, trying to take your Pokemon every time you fight. Appearing traditionally like your rival, but slightly stronger then you in every confrontation. BUT if you fail to defeat them. 100% 1 or 2 of your Pokemon will be stolen from you by you know who while you white out. And you have to take them back, somehow.

Or an evil Legendary Pokemon leads a brand new Team, bringing the ruckus to the region!
Old Posted April 9th, 2013 (11:13 AM).
Community Supporter

I rather not see anime characters in this game...they haven't shown up in any other than Yellow which was based on the anime...

At first I thought maybe Silver will be the boss, but he doesn't like Rocket, and changed for the better at the end of the Johto games, so I doubt it.

I'm hoping it's not Team Rocket again, as having them for a third time as a villainous group would be bothersome...though maybe they are back and these games take place during B2W2, and the grunt from Unova decided to go to this region, deciding to go back to Rocket after all, thus why he was no longer in the second Unova pair.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links