The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think there will be an evil team at this point. It just feels like they should say at least something about the evil team and the fact that they haven't makes me think that there really won't be. If that's the case, maybe we're just fighting ourselves for a better region...
It's pretty much a guarantee honestly. Every single game has had an evil team be the driving force of the story outside of beating the eight gyms. I wouldn't mind having a shift away to that something totally different, but I don't think a lack of information about them says that there isn't one.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe GF will release them closer to release to make it easier on those who are trying to not spoil themselves (I'm not really one of them btw). As it's like a giant cookie for fans, and hard to resist.
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Unless they make us aware of the name of the evil corporation, their members etc but keep their motive a secret for us to figure out in-game.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
HyperXhydra

I like it how in BW plasma take over the Pokemon league instead of the usual plot defeat gym leader defeat evil team then defeat elite four, that's why I like BW more than BW2, I hope they make something new this time.
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Unless they make us aware of the name of the evil corporation, their members etc but keep their motive a secret for us to figure out in-game.
Which I'd rather actually prefer that'd they would continue doing with this game. I like having very small information about the plot itself. Maybe they can show their design for the grunts, but other than that I wouldn't want to see the leader of the team or want to know what their motives were ahead of time. It's way more fun to discover it in-game.
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Has anyone else thought about the XYZ
affair
for a possible inspiration for the evil team (or if not the team, the plot)? I know it's fairly obscure but it does have some interesting similarities to X&Y considering that the affair was a conflict between the United States (Unova) and France (Kalos), and the obvious similarity of the names of the conflict and the games. I'm not extremely informed about the details about the XYZ affair but there may be something there that could be a source of inspiration for the plot of the games and the evil team of Kalos. Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to discuss this obscure similarity between the games and a small conflict in the history between the US and France.
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
Has anyone else thought about the XYZ
affair
for a possible inspiration for the evil team (or if not the team, the plot)? I know it's fairly obscure but it does have some interesting similarities to X&Y considering that the affair was a conflict between the United States (Unova) and France (Kalos), and the obvious similarity of the names of the conflict and the games. I'm not extremely informed about the details about the XYZ affair but there may be something there that could be a source of inspiration for the plot of the games and the evil team of Kalos. Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to discuss this obscure similarity between the games and a small conflict in the history between the US and France.
The XYZ Affair was the first thing that came to my head actually, but I never thought of the evil team being apart of that... I'm not sure if there is much substance there, but maybe they could stretch it out to cover a team.

Old May 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
aftaer a quick google search, I'd say maybe not, the XYZ affair is a bit too political, especially for Pokemon.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I have some options in my mind.
Team Ragnarok:The only advanced city is apparently Lumiose.Team Ragnarok wants the world to return to a medival style and wants to use the legendaries for that.
Another Edition:They want to catch the legendaries that affect the seasons(Maybe the trio of this gen?)to mess up the world
Their emblem will be a wolf's head with a viking helmet

Team ???:Wants the Legendaries' DNA in order to reinforce their pokemon so they can rule the world.

Pokemon they will use:Gogoat/Gogoat evo and if the fairy type is true some sort of Vaniresque pokemon.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
I have some options in my mind.
Team Ragnarok:The only advanced city is apparently Lumiose.Team Ragnarok wants the world to return to a medival style and wants to use the legendaries for that.
Another Edition:They want to catch the legendaries that affect the seasons(Maybe the trio of this gen?)to mess up the world
Their emblem will be a wolf's head with a viking helmet

Team ???:Wants the Legendaries' DNA in order to reinforce their pokemon so they can rule the world.

Pokemon they will use:Gogoat/Gogoat evo and if the fairy type is true some sort of Vaniresque pokemon.
I think it would be cool if Odin, Loki, Thor (With name alterations, but where its still obvious) played a part in this... With Loki betraying them, even though this would be obvious to people who know the Gods...

Also here is my copypasta from the general speculation thread since it is relevant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
Norse Mythology... Norse Mythology... NORSE MYTHOLOGY...

Check this out...

Yggdrasil looks like this area of the map...

Xerneas
Yveltal
Z_____

Team name? Team Ragnarok?

Old May 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Lazerith

There are a lot of things pointing at norse mythology in X and Y.

Considering this, perhaps the team could be known as "Team Ragnarok?"
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Another Team would be just very typical & maybe boring if they're not badass enough...
How about the "Team" turns everyone into zombies then it's my role to stop them AND find a cure? (that would be awesome yet not acceptable considering this is -kind of- a kids' game)
LOL playing Silent Hill sure screws one's mind a lot...

Last edited by AnonygooseD; May 20th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:21 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
How about the "Team" turns everyone into zombies then it's my role to stop them AND find a cure?
Haha this would definitely be something else xD

The evil team usually wants to capture the Legendary Mascot to rule over the world,
so im guessing this time will be pretty much the same.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:14 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm putting money on Team Spectrum, then that would complete the whole "Gramps" theory ;)

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'm putting money on Team Spectrum, then that would complete the whole "Gramps" theory
Oh man i totally forgot about all that!! xD
I'm now officially leaning towards Team Spectrum as well :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

As much as I love all the Norse Mythology ideas, is it bad I'm just expecting a generic Team DNA to just pop up?
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
As much as I love all the Norse Mythology ideas, is it bad I'm just expecting a generic Team DNA to just pop up?
This, more or less. I doubt that evil Pokemon teams would be that sophisticated, really. .__.;
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
This, more or less. I doubt that evil Pokemon teams would be that sophisticated, really. .__.;
Which is a shame honestly, there is a lot they could do with this theme honestly, but I doubt they'd want to get too deep, as the main audience is kids. They wouldn't really have much knowledge on it, or really look that deep into it. Of course, it would be the same if they left it simple, so going for something that the older fan base could dig into would be awesome.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Which is a shame honestly, there is a lot they could do with this theme honestly, but I doubt they'd want to get too deep, as the main audience is kids. They wouldn't really have much knowledge on it, or really look that deep into it. Of course, it would be the same if they left it simple, so going for something that the older fan base could dig into would be awesome.
I honestly think that argument is only going to hold so much water for so long. Assuming that the evil team has something to do with genetics (for speculation's sake, let's go with that), then how are kids going to grasp that? When I first played Pokemon, all the science I know was just learning the periodic table or learning about the animals, something like that. .___.;; Genetics is a fair deep subject to get into.

/probably worded this badly. Hope it makes sense.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It's very true that genetics itself is a deep subject, but so are space and time. Pokémon is pretty good at taking complex ideas and simplifying them so that the player base of the games can understand the story and what is trying to be accomplished. I mean, if it their focus is genetics, they could be pretty basic and just say they're gaining control of the mascot Pokémon to change their DNA to make super Pokémon. On the theme and still super basic.

Sponsored Links