Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
luigi90210
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
So you decided you were the perfect person to lecture people on spending money frivolously when you "just dumped over 1k into my 370z(wet Nos kit with a retune to make sure i dont blow up my engine) last week because i felt like it (sic)"?
..... because quoting part of my post to benefit you makes you look cool

i saved up that money over the course of a few months, im tallking to those kids who think money grows on trees,$150 is not cheap but if i wanted to i could blow the extra $600 i have every month on new games and other electronics but instead of doing that i save it in case i run into problems down the line and i dont foolishly spend money, yes it may seem like spending $1k on a car is foolish but i wanted to do it and i did so by saving up my money and not cutting into my finances, just like how you wanted to spend your saved money on a 3ds and you did so

if you failed to see that in my post then you probably deserve to live below the poverty line, people are not poor, they just have poor money management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
It's actually kind of ironic that you're preaching about the value of money and your username contains one of California's most iconic zip codes and you just spent over $1k on your sports car. But to each their own. Anyway...
yes but i saved up that money because that was something i wanted to do and i planned it all out but i wouldnt have dumped that money into my car if something were to go south(like my daily driver breaking down, or if i got sick and had to pay hospital bills, ect.)
Quote:
And as for kids yapping about how cheap $150 might be, well, maybe they are lucky and have the money to spare or they have someone who can buy it for them. Eventually, their time comes when they have to learn the importance of budget and the value of money. That's just life.
this is the point im trying to make, kids who dont know the value of a dollar will have a lot to learn later on in life, it just drives me crazy when children go around saying $150 is cheap acting like money grows on trees because they never have had to manage their own finances before, or have never had to pay bills before

Quote:

But the 3DS isn't going to kill Pokémon, and I doubt it's going to hurt the franchise very much either. People will buy a 3DS to get the games if they really want them, and if they can't afford it right away, then when they can, they will.
well for starters i never said the 3ds will kill pokemon, i just said in my honest opinion, the new pokemon games dont look all that great, will that stop everyone from buying it? no, will that stop some people from buying it? yes....

same thing with the whole pokemon moving to 3ds, will it stop some people from buying it? yes, will it stop everyone? nope, there are going to be people who will buy their kids games because they want them and they just want to make their kid happy(which i can understand)

i personally dont have high hopes for the game, but then again that is just my opinion(all posted in my original response)
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

I have friends, who haven't touched a pokemon game since Red and Blue; who went out and bought a 3ds just for the games. I think it'll help sells
Pokemon White 2: Sarah
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
..... because quoting part of my post to benefit you makes you look cool

i saved up that money over the course of a few months, im tallking to those kids who think money grows on trees,$150 is not cheap but if i wanted to i could blow the extra $600 i have every month on new games and other electronics but instead of doing that i save it in case i run into problems down the line and i dont foolishly spend money, yes it may seem like spending $1k on a car is foolish but i wanted to do it and i did so by saving up my money and not cutting into my finances, just like how you wanted to spend your saved money on a 3ds and you did so

if you failed to see that in my post then you probably deserve to live below the poverty line, people are not poor, they just have poor money management

yes but i saved up that money because that was something i wanted to do and i planned it all out but i wouldnt have dumped that money into my car if something were to go south(like my daily driver breaking down, or if i got sick and had to pay hospital bills, ect.)

this is the point im trying to make, kids who dont know the value of a dollar will have a lot to learn later on in life, it just drives me crazy when children go around saying $150 is cheap acting like money grows on trees because they never have had to manage their own finances before, or have never had to pay bills before

well for starters i never said the 3ds will kill pokemon, i just said in my honest opinion, the new pokemon games dont look all that great, will that stop everyone from buying it? no, will that stop some people from buying it? yes....

same thing with the whole pokemon moving to 3ds, will it stop some people from buying it? yes, will it stop everyone? nope, there are going to be people who will buy their kids games because they want them and they just want to make their kid happy(which i can understand)

i personally dont have high hopes for the game, but then again that is just my opinion(all posted in my original response)
I wasn't trying to look "cool", I was quoting an example of frivolity that you provided me. And if you believe that people aren't poor for reasons other than poor money management, you are seriously deluded. I'm sorry my father didn't foresee he was going to die in an accident and make sure the company he had just started working for would ensure that his insurance kick in a week earlier, that was really poor management on the part of my family.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM
luigi90210
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfewQuestions View Post
Is there a way to play Pokemon "legally" on a bigger screen? something like the super gameboy that allowed you to play game boy games on the super nintendo using your tv screen?
i believe 3ds capture can let you do it but it costs like $400 to install iirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I wasn't trying to look "cool", I was quoting an example of frivolity that you provided me. And if you believe that people aren't poor for reasons other than poor money management, you are seriously deluded. I'm sorry my father didn't foresee he was going to die in an accident and make sure the company he had just started working for would ensure that his insurance kick in a week earlier, that was really poor management on the part of my family.
cool story bro

i say people cant manage money well because look at america, the average cell phone bill here is $100, everyone has a smartphone, and i have seen people who say they are always broke and poor yet they can spend $150+/month on 2 cell phones

if you actually broke down what you make and what you spend, you will realize there are places that can be saved and there are alot of unnecessary spending

Last edited by luigi90210; January 16th, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
i say people cant manage money well because look at america, the average cell phone bill here is $100, everyone has a smartphone, and i have seen people who say they are always broke and poor yet they can spend $150+/month on 2 cell phones

if you actually broke down what you make and what you spend, you will realize there are places that can be saved and there are alot of unnecessary spending
There's really no point in arguing over this over the internet, especially since I don't think you really... understand.

I think if you actually got to live the lives of people who live in poverty, you will see that you are... not well informed. There are people that have no money to manage.

Or maybe you're just referring to people who do have the money, but claim they don't... as in, you weren't actually referring to poverty, but to middle-class (and above) people with bad spending habits. And my apologies if such is the case.

Otherwise, you can think whatever you want. After all, who am I to tell you what to believe?
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:00 AM
alecr9
Unhatched Egg

I don't think it will be an issue. I'm a prime example that it won't affect sales. I don't have a terrible amount of extra money lying around, I'm a university student who needs to pay for classes and living expenses, but after X and Y were announced on 3DS, I did some creative workarounds like trading in my dsi xl for credit and putting it towards a 3DS. the people complaining about this should have been taking advantage of the 3 week long boxing "week" sales for stores like gamestop, future shop and best buy and bought 3DSes for cheaper or traded in their old games/DSes for more trade value instead of whining.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
luigi90210 and Yuoaman, let's end that discussion on here, as we don't want you two having a personal debate. :P
If you would like to carry on the conversation, please take it to PMs/VMs or a form of IM. :)

Thanks!
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Kaiboiii
Wanna be the very best

Nature: Brave
With me that is a major possibility.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
No. I got an 3DS well...I don't know why. Everyone said it was cool and I bought it. Every game for the 3DS so far's good. Yeah.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Bought my 3DS because of Zelda remake, as well as because I know how Nintendoworks. I got mine when it was $250. The new Pokemon games are just icing on the cake for me. As a store clerk, I have seen people start buying 3DS' because of the new games' announcement, so there are people buying 3DS' just because of the new Pokemon games. A lot of them just bought DSi's last Christmas too.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I got one for Sonic Generations and Zelda 3D.
But, I may have to buy another one, I plan to get both games, and actually try to catch all of the Pokémon.
And, I've no one nearby to trade with.
forever alone
gone.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:58 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Yes actually I bpught it because I knew a generation of pokemon will come in it.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I have a broken one with I got for my B'day last year. With the upcoming gamed yes I will be replacing it just for pokemon X and Y.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Starry Windy
I'm bzzy like a Combee.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I actually considering to buy 3DS way before Pokemon X and Y are announced, but the reason I want to buy 3DS is because I know that main Pokemon games sooner or later will be in 3DS.

Last edited by Starry Windy; January 24th, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I got it when the price had dropped to $170 and the Red version was released. I knew there would be great games coming out for it (including Pokemon).

I think I had StarFox and LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3DS as my first games on it.
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I already got my 3DS for Christmas last year, way before X & Y's announcement.

I do plan to make them be the first 3DS games I play though.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

Perhaps. I've lasted THIS long (2-3 years) without a DS lite after it was killed by me..woops. Damn water !
Now my friend gave me a original Nintendo DS which I can play White and White 2 !
I don't want to spend on a 3DS just to leave it after I complete Pokemon Y, however if they continue to release Pokemon games for the 3DS then it may be worth the investment.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I've already got a Nintendo 3DS, and nope... since I've had the 3DS much longer than the announcement of Pokémon X and Y, the main reason I got a Nintendo 3DS is because of the hardware itself and the new games, even if there wasn't many at launch day. ;)
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
SpitfireYoshi

Well, people had 2 years to get a 3ds... It would boost sells for Nintendo in general
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
I think this will skyrocket the 3Ds's sales of these games. Pokemon X and Y are talked about with just about EVERY serious Pokemon fan, myself included. I have a buddy who knew about it WEEKS before me. When i looked these games up, i was so excited. I own a 3DS, so that makes me even MORE excited. so yeah, i think serious Pokemon fans will flock to buy a 3DS, even IF it is pre-owned. Especially after that AWESOME trailer. swinging on ropes? = AMAZING!
95% of all Pokémon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed.
If you believe that the 2nd generation should be hacked more often,
copy and paste this into your signature

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well personally, I'm buying a 3DS entirely so I can play X&Y on it. That might be poor money management on my part but as a very casual gamer (when it comes to the DS it's really just the Pokémon games and the occasional Mario game), I find spending ~€170 to be entirely worth the amount of enjoyment I'll get. Maybe I'm a frivolous spender and the public in general won't find X&Y worth quite as much money as I do, but to echo pretty much everyone in here, I think not only will being 3DS-exclusive not harm X&Y, X&Y being 3DS-exclusive will hugely help the 3DS.

Old January 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Well personally, I'm buying a 3DS entirely so I can play X&Y on it. That might be poor money management on my part but as a very casual gamer (when it comes to the DS it's really just the Pokémon games and the occasional Mario game), I find spending ~€170 to be entirely worth the amount of enjoyment I'll get. Maybe I'm a frivolous spender and the public in general won't find X&Y worth quite as much money as I do, but to echo pretty much everyone in here, I think not only will being 3DS-exclusive not harm X&Y, X&Y being 3DS-exclusive will hugely help the 3DS.
lmao exactly the same for me in terms of being casual and mario :x (except I've already brought the 3DS and I got it on a sale so it was for $120). I agree in that I think a lot others are going to follow that, and why wouldn't they (that is retorical)? A new system shouldn't keep them away from a new generation. :3;
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
A new system shouldn't keep them away from a new generation. :3;
...and it probably won't. If it hasn't done so in the past, I don't see why moving up to the 3DS will deter those away from a new generation now.

Unless they're truly god awful and no one wants to have anything to do with them. Then.... <sadface>
Old January 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3 View Post
The only problem is, you buy the 3DS to play pokemon, but what else? You can't just buy a new console just to play 1 or 2 games on.

Yeah you may buy more games for it later down the line, but in the end your spending how ever much for a new console and new game(s) instead of just the new game.
Well thts how it was for me tho. bought a gbc to play crystal, bought a gba to play sapphire , bought a ds to play diamond. I do have bought other games too for the platforms but only 2-3.(zelda /star wars ie)

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

3DS pokemon game+ cell shading = WIN!

Pokemon X and Y will be successful. Whether or not the "online" options will actually be good this time...I dunno.

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links