The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM
pokefangames
Sinor Trainer

Nature: Calm
After reading some of the comments here, I must agree with some of you, it is true that the sales of Pokemon might be hert from being 3DS only, but think of it this way, the 3DS was due for a Pokemon duo, judging from the announcement, the 3DS is the only hand held Nintendo's got that could handle this sorta power, and the 3DS is almost dirt cheep right now (in Canada and US, I'm not sure about else where). so who Agrees?
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I can't believe how dumb some people are here. The DS is deader than dead and your still whining about forking out some money for a 3DS?

The 3DS has been selling decently (although in Japan it's selling ridiculously well) well and we only got a seconded generation due to the length of the DS's relevancy.

Personally, I would refuse to buy it if was released on the DS.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:01 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
My opinion is that Nintendo hasn't really been having the best sales on the 3ds. And since they no the Pokemon is one of the biggest audiences they have, they know some will by it only for X and Y
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
demonta4
President of Demonta Games

Nature: Brave
first of all the 3ds got a price drop so it isn't expensive (unless $160 is),and pokemon x and y would boost 3ds sales,also the 3ds has been out for two years which is more than enough time to buy it.so no this will not have a bad effect.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It's time for them to move on to the 3DS. After two generations and their sequels on the DS, moving onto the 3DS just makes sense. It's not like it's different, every generation except the past two have changed systems after each one, so it makes sense we're advancing onwards. If anything it's just going to sell the 3DS even better than it currently is since people will buy it just for Pokémon games.
Old March 13th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, in this case, you have to look at it from each individual's perspectives. Sure, there might be people who are able to get a 3Ds, and are more than willing than move on from their own DS, but what about those who are unable to move on? I mean from a financial stand point. Consider this; a person might have a DS and a few pokemon games, but, they have no job, and have no other way to earn themselves money. So, I'm just saying. It might not be all that easy for certain people to get a 3DS to begin with. And even so, I doubt people would buy a 3DS just for one pokemon game, if all of the other 3Ds games don't appeal to them.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Jay0173
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay0173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
And even so, I doubt people would buy a 3DS just for one pokemon game, if all of the other 3Ds games don't appeal to them.
As someone who is in the retail industry, who works for a company that sells game consoles and games, I can guarantee you that with every major game release comes an increase in sales of consoles. Always. When the new Pokemon games are released, it's a sure thing that our 3DS sales will be higher than normal.

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I think the Nintendo 3DS would make an excellent platform for the latest Pokémon games to be in. To be honest... The Nintendo DS is dead in Japan, and is almost dead, and should be dead in the rest of the world. It's practically a dead man walking. Perhaps Pokémon X and Y will be the games that deliver the finishing blow to Nintendo DS, for good... and give Nintendo 3DS the jump-start it desperately needs outside of Japan, perhaps securing Nintendo's position, and their fortunes by proxy, for yet another handheld generation of consoles.

Pokémon by itself is a massive system seller, by the way. Do not underestimate the power of these cuddly Pokémon.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I am buying the 3ds just for the pokemon game. There has been no reason for me to buy it till now. It is time to move away from the normal DS. It has been out for far too long. Gamers will buy a system just for one game. I have seen it constantly with the 3ds alone.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
With the increase of sales for the 3DS and more desirable game titles being released and upcoming, it gives buyers more incentive to purchase a 3DS for themselves. I still think there's a lot of hype that will come with further promotion that will only help increase these sales of the 3DS and ultimately X and Y come release day. I'm willing to bet new records will be broken come October.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
DashieFactory
Vivacious Deviant

Nature: Sassy
Oh, Pokemon X and Y being released will certainly boost 3DS sales, not to mention the new 3DS Mystery Dungeon game that's out. I lost my 3DS and was just not going to bother having to buy another one but with two new Pokemon games and the new Animal Crossing, if I can be convinced to buy another one there are certainly a lot more that will buy the console solely for Pokemon.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Huh? Can't afford the 3DS? It costs 100$ used, 125-150$ new pending if you get it around a holiday or not. How can you not afford that when everyone pretty much has a DS (which cost 200$ with tax for a long time) when everyone has had two or three years to "save up" for it. Given today's price, if someone had saved 17c/day for three years, they could have bought a 3DS (even taxes are included in that, ~175$). It's not that expensive.

Plus, Pokemon [and Zelda] fans should have known all along that it was going to happen. Really now. What else would Nintendo do?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Rixe
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
Nope. I bought a red 3DS mainly for these games.
And my DS Lite was on its way out, the hinges were floppy and there's a massive row of dead pixels halfway down the screen. It served me well.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Hearing you people talk about how cheap it is now makes me wish that I hadn't bought it in November of 2011... oh well maybe I'll buy another one now that it's cheap, and the games I've played since then (I first bought the Ocarina of Time remake, followed by Kh 3D and Fire Emblem: Awakening) were fun. I think it's worth buying the system to play those games alone but that's just me.
Either way the DS era is over...time to move on...it costs money to move forward in both life and in technology.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
According to VGChartz the 3DS is currently moving the most units out of all the current consoles on a daily basis.

With an install base growth like that, I don't think we have much to worry about. I am actually relieved that Gen 6 is on the 3DS and not yet another DS generation. The 3DS has been out for ages now, it can to much more than the DS, and allows developers to make more impressive games. It's time to move on!
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
According to VGChartz the 3DS is currently moving the most units out of all the current consoles on a daily basis.
At the very least, it's thrashing the Vita, its only rival apart from tablets, which aren't primarily for gaming.

But yes, I'm glad that the 3DS is getting a Pokémon game (I've had a 3DS since Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7; I got it that Christmas), and the graphics are eve better than Colosseum and XD. I just love the 3D style X and Y are using; it suits Pokémon so well.

Spoiler:
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
KJPokemon

Everyone playing the games today had to upgrade from a GBA to a DS at some point so it's just that time again where we will have to adapt and get a new console. I bought my DS to play Daimond and Pearl and I'll be buying a 3DS to play X and Y.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
RoaringFlameCat
Unhatched Egg

I typically bought the new system (if I didn't have it already) to play pokemon.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
MarinoKadame

I don't know if I should wait more before buying a 3DS or an XL version, since it could get another price drop before X/Y release.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
I don't know if I should wait more before buying a 3DS or an XL version, since it could get another price drop before X/Y release.
There is no scheduled price drop before October. There may not be one for a few more years when they put out the next system. The DSi didn't drop in price until after the 3DS came out. Since the 3DS is only a little higher than what the DSi was, they won't drop until around a similar circumstances happen.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
People on here saying that some people may not be able to get a new console, so just release it on ds. No. if we did that, there would be no progress. Its a natural progression. I know theres a recession on, but why wouldt they release a 3rd generation of pokemon on an 8 year old console. Theres a reason why they don't release brand new games on PS2 or Xbox's these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, in this case, you have to look at it from each individual's perspectives. Sure, there might be people who are able to get a 3Ds, and are more than willing than move on from their own DS, but what about those who are unable to move on? I mean from a financial stand point. Consider this; a person might have a DS and a few pokemon games, but, they have no job, and have no other way to earn themselves money. So, I'm just saying. It might not be all that easy for certain people to get a 3DS to begin with. And even so, I doubt people would buy a 3DS just for one pokemon game, if all of the other 3Ds games don't appeal to them.
If you have no job and no money, should Pokemon be your first priority?

Last edited by Itstoppedatumbreon; April 3rd, 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
@first post

Lack of DS titles? We have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. That's 9 main series Pokemon games for DS. It's time to move to 3DS.

Here's my advice to everyone who can't get a hold of a 3DS. If you're young, be good, see if Santa will bring you one. If your a teenager, get a job and buy one. And if you're an adult, well then you can probably afford one if you really want to.

Wonder Trade!!!

Last edited by Pinta77; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
Should get the Limited Edition XL. It has a Pikachu on it.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
I think that people on here who want it on ds dont understand that the 3ds is a brand new generation of console, so thats why they want it on ds?
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

^ It's probably a safe bet that a fair few of them just don't want to face the reality that nothing lasts forever, they probably don't like having to upgrade to get the latest things in general. As mentioned numerous times though, it's going to keep happening, everything moves on. The GB/C made way for the GBA, the GBA made way for the DS, the DS finally made way for the 3DS, and even the 3DS is going to give way to a new Nintendo handheld in probably 3+ years.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links