The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
I take back the Kanto thing, it was a very stupid idea XD, because it just struck me that. That I hope the new region takes place instead of a new regional island but on Mainland Kanto-Johto, because I don't think the up northern part of the two regions have been exposed much.

Call me out if I'm wrong, but I think North of Kanto-Johto havent been used yet. Plus it would be easy if the region is up there, and we can travel to either Kanto or Johto, with ease.
Here are the four different regions from Japan.

Of note, I can see that Hoenn - based on the southernmost point of Japan - and Sinnoh - based on the northern island - can never connect. Kanto and Johto even should not have connected; there's another unexplored area in the middle of the two actual areas in Japan. Unova meanwhile is based on New York City, and the rapid growth of the city can be seen as why Aspertia Town and the other new areas appear (rapid growth in Unova).

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.

Last edited by CycloneGU; May 5th, 2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Just realized that this had two wrong links the entire time. Fixed. All four work now.
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
Have they confirmed that its a brand new region?

Because we don't know. The game could take place in the Kanto region. And your goal is to go to all of the other regions and beat them all.

But the travel between Regions...would be hard to picture from a small DS chip. But the Japanese are crafty people. They could pull it off.
Also on that note! Kanto in general I wouldn't like to explore in these games because I'm so over Kanto and I'd much prefer a lesser repeated region.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I would love to be able to go to another region. It would be cool if you could go to Sinnoh or maybe Hoenn since they haven't had any remakes. It would make the game longer and probably more fun.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Here are the four different regions from Japan.

Of note, I can see that Hoenn - based on the southernmost point of Japan - and Sinnoh - based on the northern island - can never connect. Kanto and Johto even should not have connected; there's another unexplored area in the middle of the two actual areas in Japan. Unova meanwhile is based on New York City, and the rapid growth of the city can be seen as why Aspertia Town and the other new areas appear (rapid growth in Unova).

Cyclone
Actually Johto is partially made up of the area between the two that you've mentioned, if not it'll have been smaller...
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Actually Johto is partially made up of the area between the two that you've mentioned, if not it'll have been smaller...

I dunno, but I'd say an entire region fits there, not just Routes 26 thru 28.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Old May 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ZSlinx
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Its not impossible but i doubt it will happen.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Of course i wish this would be possible. Imagine travelling through Kanto or Johto again in a 3D universe! Simply amazing, definitely. But as with Unova, i'm pretty sure this will be a an independent region. Kanto and Johto were both based on Asian regions, so having a connection there makes sense. Unova was based on the US, and if the new region is really based on Europe, it would make sense to be an independent one as well.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I'll admit I initially thought that when RSE first came out that I'd finishe the storyline and then get to travel to Kanto and Johto then.

Now, I think it'd be way too much for the developers to do. First, you'd need to write a reason for the story to end up visiting all the older regions again, and then you'd need to develop a story for each reason, not to mention as someone said creating the maps and everything... there's an awful lot of work involved in it...

Nonetheless, it would be nice to see, but I don't think it ever will happen.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

It would be nice, if the franchise were to ever reach an end and be discontinued, to get a final new region that is somehow connected to all other regions from the first four gens., and then by air to Unova and other international-based regions.

However, it's like Mario. An end is not nigh and probably will never be.

Cyclone

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Given the landmarks that we've seen so far in this new region, it seems like the developers are trying to make this new region geographically distant from the first four Japanese-inspired ones. In the trailer, we see an Eiffel Tower-like structure and a chateau much like the Palace of Versailles. Obviously, this region is based off of France, just like Unova was supposed to be like New York City, albeit with some creative liberties to make it interesting, which I've come to expect from the Pokemon series.

Travel to other regions wouldn't make sense, and frankly I don't want it. However, I wouldn't be opposed to having travel to the Pokemon equivalents of France's overseas territories. Those islands could easily boast event Pokemon...

Platinum FC: 4297 2075 6241
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Squirtl

Nature: Quirky
I dunno, but I'd say an entire region fits there, not just Routes 26 thru 28. - cyclone

Not gonna lie to me that area looks strikingly similar to the region map we just got.
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
MarinoKadame

This region seems north of Unova.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

I would say this region will not be any close from Unova, just a feeling i have. Maybe Unova (and BW) were meant to reboot the series, but since this will be the first Pokemon Game on the 3DS, i'm thinking it will be like a re-re-boot

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart, so unless you can travel via air travel then I doubt we'll be revisiting any old regions.

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart
My point exactly. Plus, travel between regions was only possible GSC and HG/SS, which is basically what makes these games so special. Since then, we didn't have the sleightest travel between any of the new and old regions, so why include it now??

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If Unova is set in New York and Karos is set in France then they're miles apart, so unless you can travel via air travel then I doubt we'll be revisiting any old regions.
This.

And besides, when Johto and Kanto were connected, keep in mind the base areas are actually located near each other. The one in the middle ceased to exist in the merge and likely will not become a region unless connected somehow via Route 26/27 someday.

Cyclone

Old May 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
It actually would make sense for it to be the train to goldenrod city... I would actually love that... Maybe that's were you get the fossil Pokemon of this generation and the past ones as well.
Since Goldenrod City is on a completely different continent based on real world locations, I'm going to say this has a 0% chance of happening. Besides, then they'd have to build both Johto and Kanto into the game. They won't do that.

Cyclone

Old May 18th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Since Goldenrod City is on a completely different continent based on real world locations, I'm going to say this has a 0% chance of happening. Besides, then they'd have to build both Johto and Kanto into the game. They won't do that.

Cyclone
Saying it has a 0% chance of happening is a bit careless. You do know you're saying there's no way, no how, not any chance at all that the developers would contemplate having us visit another region again after the Kalos region.

Since there is a precedence for it occurring already (second generation) It's a bit of a careless assumption. They've thought it before, there's always the chance they could think it again. I don't think you have a case to say it has a 0% chance of happening.

It's not like we're talking about them introducing guns to the game.

I don't think we'll revisit an older region...but I also don't think it has a 0% chance of happening. Just a very very small one. Who knows what the developers are thinking sometimes.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Saying it has a 0% chance of happening is a bit careless. You do know you're saying there's no way, no how, not any chance at all that the developers would contemplate having us visit another region again after the Kalos region.

Since there is a precedence for it occurring already (second generation) It's a bit of a careless assumption. They've thought it before, there's always the chance they could think it again. I don't think you have a case to say it has a 0% chance of happening.

It's not like we're talking about them introducing guns to the game.

I don't think we'll revisit an older region...but I also don't think it has a 0% chance of happening. Just a very very small one. Who knows what the developers are thinking sometimes.
If we're going to talk about carelessness, let's consider the logic of what you are suggesting.

1. A train station. Nice concept, and it probably is some kind of train station, maybe even an abandoned train car or a local landmark (I seriously live near such a landmark where I am located). However, the idea that it will be connected through what would be a trip of some 5,000 or more miles? Absolutely no chance. Which brings me to the perceived destination.

2. Heading into Goldenrod. Goldenrod City is part of the Johto region. Johto is connected via Routes 26 and 27 to the Kanto region (in fact those are part of the Kanto region, with the starting home roughly 10 tiles from the border). It would be kind of weird and awkward to have to create blockades to cause one to be unable to get to certain areas (and someone with an Action Replay or somesuch, I guarantee, will wallwalk behind it to basically get stuck), and they will not remake TWO regions into the same game as the new region. There is absolutely NO chance they will do this.

3. Air travel? I'm not ruling out that Unova or another region could be connected by air somehow; however, since Hoenn remakes are due, this is unlikely.

4. Route numbers. Routes 2 and 3 have already been noted on screenshots with nice signs, a feature I really like in fact. If Johto and Kanto are connected, they cannot have Routes 2 and 3 used twice. For this reason, Unova also will not be connected as the Routes would have resumed starting at Route 24, etc.

So my theory is well-founded based on realistic expectations. Please do not come up to me and tell me I'm a careless fool, yes?

Cyclone

Last edited by CycloneGU; May 18th, 2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Add.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Not necessarily a fan of air traveling to other regions, really. I've mentioned this before in another thread, but I'm opposed to visiting pretty much any prevous region other than Hoenn because we've had our chances to explore those regions already to the fullest extent, so what more could really be done? What more could we gain from visiting past regions like Kanto, and Johto, and every single region bar Hoenn and Sinnoh (which I argue is still a bit too "new" to make a remake out of)?
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
On the contrary, I feel like the only way to do any sort of travel to different regions from Kalos would either have be to air or by sea. With all the route resets it's obvious that they're at least far apart, and that any means of more common transportation (cars and trains for the most part) wouldn't make sense. I don't really see this happening currently, but it actually would be cool to travel in a plane to a different region. I mean, as much as I'd hate to visit Unova, you could land in Mistralton City and go from there.

But seriously, don't let that happen

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
As amazing as this would be, I highly doubt that it will. I don't know whether or not I want this to happen though as it could be the end of the Pokémon franchise and could be a last resort for them to make some cash.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightedTurk View Post
As amazing as this would be, I highly doubt that it will. I don't know whether or not I want this to happen though as it could be the end of the Pokémon franchise and could be a last resort for them to make some cash.
This is a fair good point to bring up. I think that, in the case that the Pokemon franchise were to ever "end" (which to be honest, I don't think it's anytime soon, but I digress!), that they would make a game and just throw in all of the regions, just for the players to go through each region one by one, to relive the memories and all. Then again, even if that was the case, I don't think that throwing all of the regions in one game would be a smart idea at all, since it wouldn't really encourage interaction much within the games. I remember Jake bringing up that point (if I remember correctly), and communication between different games is kind of the focus of Gamefreak, if that makes sense. oo;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links