The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:57 PM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Age: 12
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Light type would be the best choice right now....

I'm really waiting for an Ice/Light Pokemon!

Last edited by mimimahboul; April 7th, 2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #227    
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I personally hope there will be no new type...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #228    
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:18 AM
King Gumball's Avatar
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimahboul View Post
Light type would be the best choice right now....

I'm really waiting for an Ice/Light Pokemon!
Light seems like the only possible new type, seeing as there is already a 'Dark' type. I wouldn't mind the introduction of a light type, but I really can't see any other possible typing being introduced this late in the franchise. I am looking forward to some new typing combinations however, such as a Dragon/Grass.
__________________
Please Click:




Reply With Quote
  #229    
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Mujahid's Avatar
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: India
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
Light seems like the only possible new type, seeing as there is already a 'Dark' type. I wouldn't mind the introduction of a light type, but I really can't see any other possible typing being introduced this late in the franchise. I am looking forward to some new typing combinations however, such as a Dragon/Grass.
'Dark' type is actually a misnomer. The japanese word for the type is 'Evil' type. 'Dark' represents Evil rather than Darkness. Since, there is no Darkness type, a Light type isn't actually needed. They may Make it but it will not be because of Dark(Evil) Type.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #230    
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM
dragonfly_dust's Avatar
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I would love to see a Light type personally because it will finally give Grass Type a worthy competitive edge in battles.

Think about it. Since plants absorb light, Grass types will be strong against Light types!
__________________


Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!



Reply With Quote
  #231    
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:26 AM
CliCliW's Avatar
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
I don't really want there to be a mew type but if there were Sylveon would definitely be the forerunner for it I think.

As for the techniques a light type would use, I can't help but have Flash come to mind first
__________________
Fire Red Nuzlocke Trainer Card:


Deceased:

Reply With Quote
  #232    
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Rai's Avatar
Rai
Misao <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Another World
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I think a Light type could be plausible. I am really surprised that they didn't include one earlier.

I think it would be interesting if they included some kind of new type. It would change things up a bit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #233    
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
I don't really want there to be a mew type but if there were Sylveon would definitely be the forerunner for it I think.

As for the techniques a light type would use, I can't help but have Flash come to mind first :P
I know that was a typo but that's actually interesting... what if the catch was that there's a new type, but that it only affected Pokemon like Mew/Mewtwo/Mewthree, and had no difference in super effective attacks (so it'd affect nothing and nothing would hit them super effectively)?
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #234    
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I know that was a typo but that's actually interesting... what if the catch was that there's a new type, but that it only affected Pokemon like Mew/Mewtwo/Mewthree, and had no difference in super effective attacks (so it'd affect nothing and nothing would hit them super effectively)?
You mean, kind of like Normal-type currently (in regards to type weaknesses)? o.o
Reply With Quote
  #235    
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
GrayJM9's Avatar
GrayJM9
Playing White 2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
I think it would be awesome to have a extremely rare type called Light or Holy. Strong against Dragon and Dark (the book of Revelation) and weak against nothing. Of coure, you would have to beat the game before you gain access to them because otherwise it would be too easy to dominate the game with.
Reply With Quote
  #236    
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:55 PM
RedWing's Avatar
RedWing
Pokemon Capture Specialist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJM9 View Post
I think it would be awesome to have a extremely rare type called Light or Holy. Strong against Dragon and Dark (the book of Revelation) and weak against nothing. Of coure, you would have to beat the game before you gain access to them because otherwise it would be too easy to dominate the game with.
Incorporating religion in Pokemon? Nope.

If Light is included, its would only have an attachment to Dark because "Good beats evil". Nothing more. Light could also be super-effective to Ghost types since ghosts are normally seen in bright light and cnadles are used to ward off spirits.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #237    
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
BraveNewWorld's Avatar
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I'm sure it's been said a billion times, but in Japanese it's not "dark" it's "fighting dirty". Which is why fighting is super effective against dark types, because the honorable way is better than the cheap way.

If there were a new type then I don't think it would be "light".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #238    
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Shadowraze's Avatar
Shadowraze
Love and Peace
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Nah, I really think it will be a light type many people already speculated it to be the new type but we will never know until we see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #239    
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:33 AM
metalhand's Avatar
metalhand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pallet town, next to Red :P
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
i think that if a new type is introduced it should be a sound type, there are already some pokemon who could fit this type and alot of moves that could(or even should) be a sound type
__________________
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Reply With Quote
  #240    
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
A Sound type sounds ridiculous... What can its weaknesses aand resistences be?? ...
EDIT: (no pun intended o.o)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #241    
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:54 AM
metalhand's Avatar
metalhand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pallet town, next to Red :P
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
A Sound type sounds ridiculous... What can its weaknesses aand resistences be?? ...
EDIT: (no pun intended o.o)
thats okay, i can see your point

well in the battle palace in emerled you couldn't control your pokemons and tell them what to do because the water blocked the sound in the room, so water could have resistence to sound, and even rock or steel because its like a wall that block the sound.
it can be super effective against ghost(like in some movies that you use sound waves to track ghost) and against psychic, because psychic power its something from your brain and the sound interrupt you to think well.
Reply With Quote
  #242    
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:04 AM
JohnnyJ773's Avatar
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cianwood City, Johto
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
New types seem unnecessary, Ithink new type combinations will be good enough
__________________

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Reply With Quote
  #243    
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ773 View Post
New types seem unnecessary,
Pretty much this. My feelings about new types is this: Do we really need a new type to balance things out, or do we just want a new type for the sake of wanting one? I really feel like it's the latter, mostly because the current set of types is balanced enough as it is, and adding any additional types, I feel, would make it unbalanced again to some sort of extent. .__.

Last edited by Zorua; April 16th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #244    
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Naikado's Avatar
Naikado
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Here
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Probably been stated like a billion times, but the Fighting type is supposed to be the "good" type to conquer "evil" (dark). A light type would be redundant.

I'm just not too fond of the idea of a Sound type, either. It feels more like something that would fit between normal and psychic, and while this may be years and years of Pokemon conditioning, Sound just doesn't sound as sensible as an element (which is kind of invalid, since Fighting is totally an elemental force).

I like the types we have now, tbh. For me it would be enough if they only added new type combos.
Reply With Quote
  #245    
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
mikhaild's Avatar
mikhaild
Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 17
i think it's possible, but not likely, cuz it would be such a mess!! theyd have to retype all the pokemon, the moves, and the anime and movies cant be undone. there would likely be changes to the tcg too. compatibility between the games, too, would be affected. there are just so many things that would change if they do introduce a new type. but still, it's possible, and i know GF can handle all these :)
__________________
Mikhail | 16 | Student
Philippines | UTC+8
Black ID: 54568 | Black FC: 3009 8173 3899
Trade Shoppe | On Hiatus
Reply With Quote
  #246    
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
The only thing I wish to see regarding types is:
Removing Steel's immunity to poison attacks but keep it immune to poison status.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247    
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhaild View Post
i think it's possible, but not likely, cuz it would be such a mess!! theyd have to retype all the pokemon, the moves, and the anime and movies cant be undone. there would likely be changes to the tcg too. compatibility between the games, too, would be affected. there are just so many things that would change if they do introduce a new type. but still, it's possible, and i know GF can handle all these
They wouldn't have to retype anything actually. Everything in the past can remain as they were and move on from that point forward.
Reply With Quote
  #248    
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Yeah and with that in mind they'd have to create new types that can't fit into anything else we have, otherwise that'd involve retyping, which is something that could become extremely confusing...
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #249    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
The only thing I wish to see regarding types is:
Removing Steel's immunity to poison attacks but keep it immune to poison status.
But why? It wouldn't really make sense if you can utilize poison attacks towards something and not poison it (the exception being poison type themselves).

Quote:
Yeah and with that in mind they'd have to create new types that can't fit into anything else we have, otherwise that'd involve retyping, which is something that could become extremely confusing...
You bring up a good point there, though knowing GF, this probably wouldn't be such a huge concern. :x There's still plenty of room for more types that could fit that don't really have anything to do with what we already have, it's just whether or not they feel like adding those types and whether it's necessary to add them at this point in time.
Reply With Quote
  #250    
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Kurapika's Avatar
Kurapika
Grudgebearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lavendar Town - Morocco
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
But why? It wouldn't really make sense if you can utilize poison attacks towards something and not poison it (the exception being poison type themselves).
Because I think a Steel Pokémon should be immune to Poison status since it's steel. But it should still take damage from Poison attacks, shouldn't Acid/Acid Spray work to melt Steel? I just hate how Steel made Poison even more nerfed. :/ But then, seeing how GF stupidly made Toxic learnable by almost every damn specie... I don't know u_u

Anyway, this stupid Sylveon is probably a new type... -__- So I'm starting to believe a new type will be introduced... I just hope they won't add 2 new types or more. ._.
Well, it's kinda obvious, but I also think this Generation will have to do with genes and DNA...: X Pokémon, Y Pokémon, an introduction of a new Eeveelution (Eevee is know for its particularly unique DNA) and the next movies is mainly about Genesects (who had their genes modified) a new Mewtwo (most probably another DNA modification...)
So, if there is a new type, chances is it will have some connection with DNA... Can't wait to see...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.