The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old February 13th, 2013 (05:38 PM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinataki View Post
just just look at electric.
this type has only 1 weakness, it's the most overpowered thing in the whole world.
what is the most common type in pokemon?
WATER, and that is weak to electric.
what is the third most common type in pokemon?
FLYING, and guess what, it is weak to electric too

and besides electric types has the best offensive stats and best moves(no, don't tell me you don't think thunder, thunderbolt, zap cannon, volt tackle are the best attacks ever, because you do and you are right)
they are so so so so so so so op. and you know what, they always attack first no matter what.

we must have at least one type to deal with this.

or must cover rock to have immunity against electric but i don't know, just it isnt fair and i hate all the electric pokemons, i want to kill pikachu.
I don't think a new type is needed to put these in place, though. Like, there's a few Pokemon with volt absorb, water types have high sdef - there's Roost, and there's a few water/ground types, too. Plus grass/dragon resists it, sooo. The only thing I can think of is using Rubber but that'd be a weird type. :x
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Pinta77's Avatar
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I hope so =) Light type!!!
__________________

Wonder Trade!!!
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:36 PM).
Haza's Avatar
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ☆Cyanide City☆
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Just to add a little more on the whole "Dark" type thing..If it really signified darkness, Shadow ball,Smokescreen,Shadow sneak,Shadow claw,Shadow force,Shadow punch would be Dark type. Instead, we have moves like Sucker punch,Fling,Fake tears,Foul Play,Taunt,Thief etc. as Dark. It's just a translation blunder. And If 'Light' type signifies 'Kindness', I fail to see how an offensive move can fit into that category.

My Point, If they do introduce new types, I am fairly certain a 'light' type will not be there.
Please. Light can represent two things just as Dark obviously does. Dark Void and Dark Pulse... Yeah.
__________________


Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old February 14th, 2013 (02:14 AM).
Garoucher
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I don't think that they will introduce a new type. When 5º gen was released, almost everybody was thinking that Reshiram would be of Light type. But it was Dragon/Fire.
If Nintendo had introduced a new type, that would be at 2 gen when they introduced Dark and Steel types (not sure if the last one was already in Magnemite and Magneton in 1º gen, but I don't wanna check).
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old February 14th, 2013 (02:25 AM).
shengar's Avatar
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
Please. Light can represent two things just as Dark obviously does. Dark Void and Dark Pulse... Yeah.
Nah-ah. Dark Type in Japanese named as "akuma" or "evil" type. Mos move of Dark type are being pragmatic or cheating. Only few (and most of them being special moves) dark type moves involve the "element" of darkness at all.

I'm no longer against new type despite the meta match-up is still broken. Like Grass and rock have too many weaknesses and not so useful advantages, while electric have only one weakness. But to said that Light type should exist just because we have "Dark" wouldn't cut it. That argument have already being said thousand before and never really like it.
__________________


Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old February 14th, 2013 (02:31 AM).
*Shiny*Monster0198's Avatar
*Shiny*Monster0198
~ Just chillin'
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere on a place called Earth
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
If they're thinking of creating new types, they should find a type that nerfs the other ones imo.
What I mean is finding something to counter steel and dragon types, but also taking effective damage from types that aren't particularly good at coverage such as grass and poison types - although I guess that they could just create new pokemon that are probably gonna be used alot and fulfill this reason.
__________________
Cower in fear for that which is...
ROTOM-S ON A BALLOON!

Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old February 14th, 2013 (02:33 AM).
SolarAbusoru's Avatar
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lumios City
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
No thank you, there is absolutely no need for a brand new type, it hasn't happened again after gen 2, so no chance whatsoever of it happening again.
Also, as Shengar said, Dark type isn't named as such cause of a dark element, it's named as such because of its basis on Fighting dirty and cheating, in which case the polar opposite of Dark is its weakness, Fighting type, which is based on fair and honourable combat. Not Light.
__________________

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old February 14th, 2013 (03:27 AM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by Haza.
Haza's Avatar
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ☆Cyanide City☆
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
No thank you, there is absolutely no need for a brand new type, it hasn't happened again after gen 2, so no chance whatsoever of it happening again.
Also, as Shengar said, Dark type isn't named as such cause of a dark element, it's named as such because of its basis on Fighting dirty and cheating, in which case the polar opposite of Dark is its weakness, Fighting type, which is based on fair and honourable combat. Not Light.
What about Dark Pulse and Dark Void?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
Nah-ah. Dark Type in Japanese named as "akuma" or "evil" type. Mos move of Dark type are being pragmatic or cheating. Only few (and most of them being special moves) dark type moves involve the "element" of darkness at all.

I'm no longer against new type despite the meta match-up is still broken. Like Grass and rock have too many weaknesses and not so useful advantages, while electric have only one weakness. But to said that Light type should exist just because we have "Dark" wouldn't cut it. That argument have already being said thousand before and never really like it.
They are represented as evil and Dark spirited. Of course the Pokémon with this typing would naturally behave mischievously, which is why a.majority of the moves are that way, but there are plenty Pokémon that represent itbm in a more sinister way. Like Spiritomb and Darkrai. Light would simply represent holiness and purity. But just as Dark involves literal darkness with moves like Dark Void and Dark Pulse, Light Type would have its literal moments too.
__________________


Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old February 14th, 2013 (04:45 AM). Edited February 14th, 2013 by shengar.
shengar's Avatar
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shiny*Monster0198 View Post
If they're thinking of creating new types, they should find a type that nerfs the other ones imo.
What I mean is finding something to counter steel and dragon types, but also taking effective damage from types that aren't particularly good at coverage such as grass and poison types - although I guess that they could just create new pokemon that are probably gonna be used alot and fulfill this reason.
I think that both Dragon and Steel is already fine as they are. Steel are supposed to be the defensive type anyway while most of them still have weakness against either Fire or Ground. Fire and Ground are common offensive type.
The same goes with dragon too. Their resistance and weakness are balanced and as far as I know there is no match up type that could render them without weakness.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
What about Dark Pulse and Dark Void?



They are represented as evil and Dark spirited. Of course the Pokémon with this typing would naturally behave mischievously, which is why a.majority of the moves are that way, but there are plenty Pokémon that represent itbm in a more sinister way. Like Spiritomb and Darkrai. Light would simply represent holiness and purity. But just as Dark involves literal darkness with moves like Dark Void and Dark Pulse, Light Type would have its literal moments too.
I think SolarAbusoru have already address it better than me
|
V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
No thank you, there is absolutely no need for a brand new type, it hasn't happened again after gen 2, so no chance whatsoever of it happening again.
Also, as Shengar said, Dark type isn't named as such cause of a dark element, it's named as such because of its basis on Fighting dirty and cheating, in which case the polar opposite of Dark is its weakness, Fighting type, which is based on fair and honourable combat. Not Light.
We come back again to "dark" type original meaning in Japanese that known as "Akuma" or "evil". And as addressed by SolarAbusoru here, their "evilness" are counterpart to Fighting type whose represent "code of honour" or something like that.

Light being represent holiness and purity also too shallow. Those who use anime canon and Pokedex entry canon knows that Darkrai is only blessed with suck as it doesn't really have intention of harm others. And those "holiness and purity" being, which I could say that perfect that image nicely, Cresselia, is Psychic type. Ho-Oh, the pokemon that supposed to be holy is Fire/Flying type as well.

Its already been demonstrated by Generation V Black/White that the argument "There is dark, then there should be light as well" won't cut it. While it is more plausible and much more fitting that Reshiram and Zekrom are Light and Dark type respectively, they didn't do it.

Edit: And yeah, about Dark Pulse
The user releases a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts. It may also make the target flinch.
I correct myself that even Dark Pulse isn't even involve any dark "element" at all. It like Psychic, only it is murk and contaminating your mind instead of crushing.
__________________


Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:02 AM).
xInsiight's Avatar
xInsiight
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castelia City
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I'm pretty sure they won't add any types (and hope they won't) but if they'll add it will probably be 'Light'.
__________________
"あなたはフローティング風のクローバーに似ている"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply With Quote
  #136    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Also in regards to said typing we discuss a lot, Light Type would also get to have Light Screen/Reflect as moves of that type, and take from some of the best from Grass/Fire/Psychic, could be an awesome combination type and could balance out those other typings a bit, too. :)
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #137    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Maybe it wouldn't be called "light". Maybe something of a variation like say, Celestial, or Holy. I'm not sure; I'm throwing names.

Perhaps a light type would get new plasma based moves as well?
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #138    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
.EJ's Avatar
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I think we're all forgetting one type that gets the shaft every gen.

Poison types! If a new type were to be introduced it should at least be weak to Poison.
__________________
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Reply With Quote
  #139    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Maybe it wouldn't be called "light". Maybe something of a variation like say, Celestial, or Holy. I'm not sure; I'm throwing names.

Perhaps a light type would get new plasma based moves as well?
Ya maybe. But it needs to be a good name at least and not just something slightly related to Light. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
I think we're all forgetting one type that gets the shaft every gen.

Poison types! If a new type were to be introduced it should at least be weak to Poison.
Ummmm idk what COULD be weak to poison, unless it's human type but that's close to fighting :(
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #140    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
.EJ's Avatar
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Ya maybe. But it needs to be a good name at least and not just something slightly related to Light.



Ummmm idk what COULD be weak to poison, unless it's human type but that's close to fighting
Well, to throw a bone to the people suggesting a Light type....Poison type could be super-effective against it because poison corrupts, corrodes, etc.

Some type advantages/weaknesses have no realistic reasonings behind by them....such as "Why is Dark weak to bug?"

The only real reason was balancing issues and I think Poison is particularly crap except somewhat decent as a Defensive typing.
__________________
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Reply With Quote
  #141    
Old February 14th, 2013 (06:55 AM).
Keiran's Avatar
Keiran
Moshtradamus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Light, as in "holiness" and "purity" wouldn't fit well with Pokemon, I agree. But light as in the light spectrum would. Could you imagine a flashlight Rotom? lolz

I could easily see a Light-type being weak to the types that are underrepresented offensively, and resistant to the stronger ones.

But if Sylveon isn't a new type, my hope in there being a new type will diminish somewhat cause I can't imagine a better way to introduce a new type than with an eeveelution.
__________________
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Reply With Quote
  #142    
Old February 14th, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
If there was a Light type, then it better be a trio with Steel and Dragon based on the supposed claim Leaf Storm linked to me on my VM page. I would simply imagine Light being super effective against Dragon and weak against Dark and Poison (not sure about Steel).
__________________
You better need a Leaf Shield.
Reply With Quote
  #143    
Old February 14th, 2013 (07:23 AM).
Keiran's Avatar
Keiran
Moshtradamus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
That wouldn't be much of a trinity, if Dragon was at a disadvantage to both types.
__________________
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Reply With Quote
  #144    
Old February 14th, 2013 (07:48 AM).
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Eh, it'd be a tricky type triangle. I think that will result in changing mechanics of types being super effective against types.
__________________

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Reply With Quote
  #145    
Old February 15th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
shengar's Avatar
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Light, as in "holiness" and "purity" wouldn't fit well with Pokemon, I agree. But light as in the light spectrum would. Could you imagine a flashlight Rotom? lolz

I could easily see a Light-type being weak to the types that are underrepresented offensively, and resistant to the stronger ones.

But if Sylveon isn't a new type, my hope in there being a new type will diminish somewhat cause I can't imagine a better way to introduce a new type than with an eeveelution.
I'm agree with the bolded Part.

Although I just said I'm not against new type being introduced despite the broken meta-matchup, I particularly dislike Light-type, especially if they represent like what I've bolded or as contrast to "Dark Type".
Most of the time, the thematic that Pokemon have brought up since Generation III (nature and relationships), to Generation IV(history of the universe, and myths and legends), and Generation VI(relationships of the opposites) are all having neutral view point and it could happen because most of the Pokemon rerepsenting them didn't have any stereotyped prejudice.

What I'm saying is, Light-type would tend to bring the much overused fantasy trope of Good Vs Evil, Light vs Darkness, while the Light-type being the good guy and Dark-type as the bad guy. I would like if they some twist and manage to handle them so both facet of nature could viewed as same and neutral viewpoint. But it even more unlikely since kids are used to Light=Good and Dark=Evil.

If there is indeed Light-type and it represent as purity, holy or the opposite of Dark, all pokemon need later is a medieval-themed game of Pokemon with some sort of overlord as it villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
If there was a Light type, then it better be a trio with Steel and Dragon based on the supposed claim Leaf Storm linked to me on my VM page. I would simply imagine Light being super effective against Dragon and weak against Dark and Poison (not sure about Steel).
It would make Dark type even more uber than it should be. There is no need for trio if the match up not working from the start.
__________________


Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Reply With Quote
  #146    
Old February 15th, 2013 (06:48 AM).
BUKKØW's Avatar
BUKKØW
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I would like "Fairy" typing instead of "light". The moveset would be larger since there are both good and evil "fairy" mythical creatures. They would be able to go back and type some of the older mons too like clefairy, jigglypuff, chansey, and audino.
__________________

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Reply With Quote
  #147    
Old February 15th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottooldforthis View Post
I would like "Fairy" typing instead of "light". The moveset would be larger since there are both good and evil "fairy" mythical creatures. They would be able to go back and type some of the older mons too like clefairy, jigglypuff, chansey, and audino.
But aren't fairies associated with Psychic types such as Celebi and Victini?
__________________
You better need a Leaf Shield.
Reply With Quote
  #148    
Old February 15th, 2013 (07:21 AM).
BUKKØW's Avatar
BUKKØW
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
im not sure, but i definitely can look into to. I just like the idea of "fairy" rather than "light"
__________________

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Reply With Quote
  #149    
Old February 15th, 2013 (08:04 AM).
shengar's Avatar
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
While I rather like the sound of "Fairy" type better than "Light" type, most of the Pokemon are sufficiently covered by Normal-type, while the moves are mostly suited for Psychic. It could work, if they brought it up in earlier Generation. It sadly doesn't fit for now since too many Pokemons would have its type changed.
__________________


Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Reply With Quote
  #150    
Old February 15th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Mochi's Avatar
Mochi
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinataki View Post
just just look at electric.
this type has only 1 weakness, it's the most overpowered thing in the whole world.
what is the most common type in pokemon?
WATER, and that is weak to electric.
what is the third most common type in pokemon?
FLYING, and guess what, it is weak to electric too

and besides electric types has the best offensive stats and best moves(no, don't tell me you don't think thunder, thunderbolt, zap cannon, volt tackle are the best attacks ever, because you do and you are right)
they are so so so so so so so op. and you know what, they always attack first no matter what.

we must have at least one type to deal with this.

or must cover rock to have immunity against electric but i don't know, just it isnt fair and i hate all the electric pokemons, i want to kill pikachu.
Electric-types are actually kind of horrible.

Grass-types are insanely common and resist Electric-types. Dragon-types resist Electric-types. And it resists itself. Plus average HP for Electric-types is 62, average Def is 66, average SpD is 72. They're pretty fragile.

I also think Thunder is mediocre if it isn't used on a Rain team and Zap Cannon has terrible accuracy, but Thunderbolt is pretty legit. Stun Spore is better than Thunder Wave though, because Thunder Wave can't hit Ground-types while Stun Spore can.

Anyway, I don't think a new type is really necessary and it seems like it'd be too strenuous to add at this point, plus our current typing system is already very balanced.

While Grass-types have the most weaknesses, they also hurt a LOT of Pokemon that are dual-typed (Ground/Rock, Water/Ground). It's balanced.

Another type would throw it off, I think it's fine as it is and the only reason I think people want a new type is because they're bored of the current types, and we were sort of taunted with the whole idea that they can throw in types because of Dark-types and Steel-types in Generation II.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.