The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM
MarinoKadame

Actually what we saw was the opposite gender rival without the hat I think.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I always have had a close bond with my Pokemon but, it never feels complete since there's no character customization. I'd even settle for pre-set character sprites as long as there was some variety.
Old June 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM
jamespkmntrainer1

How about changing the hair style/colour (not color as I live in the UK) as well as looks I'm mixed race black so I saw the screenshots of the game and it features dark skin tone similar to mine
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Papajones33

matybe but i wudnty count on it. i hope so tho
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

All I'm saying is, character customization is such a basic idea in so many things, I don't see why we don't have it already. Again, basic pre-made sprites is something I could settle with. If you've ever made a Trainer Card at Pokecharms.com, they have hundreds of sprites there, ones from the games and other ones. Just throw those in and I'd be happy.
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:05 PM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

What are you people worried about? Character customization has been already confirmed...
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

No it hasn't...we only get to choose between three different similar characters that have different hair/skin tone.
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1395 View Post
No it hasn't...we only get to choose between three different similar characters that have different hair/skin tone.
What?In Pokemon x y site it says that we will be able to purchase clothes and accessories for our characters.
Even in the PSS picture you can see how diverse the customization is.

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
It is confirmed. They've showed us pictures and told us that you can customize your character so other players can differ other people from each other. Also you could see yourself while playing as the female character and see her as your rival and they both had different clothes and hairstyles. The male rival didn't have his hat but the male player did have his hat with his sunglasses and the skin/hair tone is just the first step where you can choose how you want your tone with your hair and skin to be.

If you don't believe me then here you have the video that GF did upload on their Pokemon channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3I38VO3o

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620

Last edited by WishCookie; July 1st, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Really? All I'd seen/heard of is the three different character appearances you can choose from. Well, that makes a big difference. Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check it out because like I said, all I've seen is the few different appearances you can choose from.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
What?In Pokemon x y site it says that we will be able to purchase clothes and accessories for our characters.
Even in the PSS picture you can see how diverse the customization is.
There are two NPC pictures on it as well so NPC avatars are still possible for Wifi Trade/represenation
Third one in Passerby is the new Lass avatar. Second one in Friends may be a new NPC as well. Honestly, it has potential but diversity doesn't really seem there. If there are more real comboes added in, that'll be cool, but potential of NPC avatars take away from diversity of player customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishCookie View Post
It is confirmed. They've showed us pictures and told us that you can customize your character so other players can differ other people from each other. Also you could see yourself while playing as the female character and see her as your rival and they both had different clothes and hairstyles. The male rival didn't have his hat but the male player did have his hat with his sunglasses and the skin/hair tone is just the first step where you can choose how you want your tone with your hair and skin to be.

If you don't believe me then here you have the video that GF did upload on their Pokemon channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3I38VO3o
NPC versions aren't the same so they aren't worth mentioning with PC customization. Serena and Yvonne are two different characters otherwise they wouldn't have two different names. Same with Calem and Xavier. They may look alike, but that doesn't make them the same character with different customization.

Quote:
Really? All I'd seen/heard of is the three different character appearances you can choose from. Well, that makes a big difference. Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check it out because like I said, all I've seen is the few different appearances you can choose from.
On Pokemon.com they do say that at certain points you can buy new accessories for your character.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/heroes/
Third picture with the male looking in the mirror, caption says:
At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your trainer.

Other than outfits and possibly hats as shown by the PSS, I don't think there will be any other changes to the preset differences.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Well, thank all of you for enlightening me to this. I apologize for my ignorance.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
The Local Joke
Trubbish in the Classroom

Nature: Hasty
This, combined with the global release, makes the Pokemon world almost magical in the way that people interact. It's going to be so great to get immersed, dressed up in your own personal style, with your own personal party, to meet and interact with other people who have done things differently. Diversity is NEVER a bad thing in a video game, as long as there's balance. Hopefully there won't be some hat that gives double attack or something ridiculous like that.

Now I'm rambling... Sorry.

Goals: Play with friends much more often, catch every Pokemon ever released, make my character resemble myself, breed excellent Pokemon and share with friends.

Old July 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yamiidenryuu

I so can't wait to dress my Pokemon trainer up like a little dollie. Squeeee~

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I saw some Pangoro hats on some players in the last update.

Pokemon themed hats yay~
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM
photonman555

it would be awesome if we get a town just for customization with hairdresser cloths shop and etc
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
They need to add a black Team Rocket uniform.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Team Magma and Team Aqua's uniforms look better IMO, so they should include those as well. n_n
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:50 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
They need to add a black Team Rocket uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Team Magma and Team Aqua's uniforms look better IMO, so they should include those as well. n_n
I got a feeling that these along with some other characters' uniforms(Alder's,Riley's)will be a paid DLC

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I am guessing not, but I wonder if GF is going to allow for customization of the trainer's body type (height/weight/muscle). It's nice to see skin color be customizable now. It feels much more inclusive.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It would be nice if they would allow us to go that far, but I'm not expecting anything past skin color/clothing accessories really. u_u;
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It would be nice if they would allow us to go that far, but I'm not expecting anything past skin color/clothing accessories really. u_u;
Yeah I think the same too, hair/skin color and clothing seems enough imo. However I'll probably be using Serena's default design as my character anyway because it heavily resembles my own appearance irl.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old July 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Callīope
█ uranianUmbra

Send a message via AIM to Callīope Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Callīope Send a message via Skype™ to Callīope
I think height/weight is something that they wouldn't bother doing, because the little sprites all have the same build, and you wouldn't even see it except maybe during battles. xD Though, I'm just enjoying that we get any sort of customization at all.

- also Drew.

paired to timaeusTestified

this is how to be a heart breaker
boys, they like a little danger.
i la-la-la-la-love you. ❤
[S] The Prince is Awake.
tumblr || EGC || flavors.me
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
They actually have a diversity of builds.

I could see them having pre-selections for these options like: very tall, tall, medium, short, very short. Rather than a sliding scale.

But, it looks like they won't given the screenshot shows each custom character having the same size face and shoulders, but maybe they are holding out on us? Probably not though

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Airhead
Banned

I best so! Or maybe it may just be the start, you know, where the mom calls you down because your friends are waiting for something... lotsa possibility's...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links