The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I'm gonna try best to make the protag look like myself, so I'll be using the fault skin/hair colour, now I just hope we get a nice hoodie

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'm just so happy that there's a main character who's blonde (by default).

I was waiting soooo longer. Seriously.

- Leaf [Brunette]
- Crystal [Black Hair]
- May [Brunette]
- Dawn [Blue Hair]
- Lyra [Brunette]
- Hilda [Brunette]
- Rosa [Brunette]

And now, finally, finally! T.T There's a blonde!

And I take it's because they've actually left Japan and went for their fanfave country, France, where they believe people are all blonde, blue-eyed and gorgeous They just saved the best for their fanboy country.

/is-blonde-&-blue-eyed
/was-sick-of-brunette-defaults
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
BluuArrowz

Its Blond hair = white. Black hair = Asian. and Colored = Being everyone else.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
A little late on this, but I actually love the new protagonists a lot! Especially the girl; she gives a fresher look compared to the previous female protagonists. And character customization! I might have to get a 3DS after all haha.

The characters look much older though in my opinion, they could easily be 16. Also their appearance looks more European. Hmm.
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I don't think they look that much older than previous trainers?
Like the protagonists from DPPt look older to me than the new ones from X/Y.

And off topic, Loving your sig!! :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I don't think they look that much older than previous trainers?
Like the protagonists from DPPt look older to me than the new ones from X/Y.

And off topic, Loving your sig!! :D
These protags are obviously teenagers though, just look at the size of em, here's a gif showing their sizes compared to Lucas, with heads all the same size.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I like the fact that they're older than previous protagonists, I suppose it can target more of the teenage market.

Old May 15th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Apricots
Cream Puff

Nature: Gentle
I imagine they're around the same age as the characters from Black & White.

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I kind of said this already, but that would definitely cover why the other protagonist was shown wearing different clothing in this screenshot. If they have interactions with the player then it'd make sense that they might randomly have different customization options for them as well!
I can see a system not unlike Pokemon yellow, where certain battles you win or lose effect the outcome of Eevee's evolution, only it would probably be dependant on questions the rival would ask you.

But the rival is not the opposite-gendered protagonist (OGP). They may play a small role, but BW & BW2 both only used the OGP on the Battle Subway. That's not to say that this can not change, but obviously Nintendo didn't back away from that format at all in BW2, and I see no reason to expect the OGP having more significance in this game.

I'm sticking with my co-op theory. I may be wrong but maybe if people start talking about it Nintendo will patch it in there last minute. lol
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:18 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
I can see a system not unlike Pokemon yellow, where certain battles you win or lose effect the outcome of Eevee's evolution, only it would probably be dependant on questions the rival would ask you.

But the rival is not the opposite-gendered protagonist (OGP). They may play a small role, but BW & BW2 both only used the OGP on the Battle Subway. That's not to say that this can not change, but obviously Nintendo didn't back away from that format at all in BW2, and I see no reason to expect the OGP having more significance in this game.

I'm sticking with my co-op theory. I may be wrong but maybe if people start talking about it Nintendo will patch it in there last minute. lol
Patching in co-op last minute would suck... I'd rather them have developed co-op from the start so its implemented everywhere, but if it is a last minute patch I guess they will have community feedback.

Maybe we can get unique clothing in a pokecash shop that gives us random items everyday and using SpotPass, we will be able to share clothing choices with others (they can buy the same things you can that day). I mean, SpotPass has to be in there for something, why not clothing? Maybe a new evolving mechanic is built into SpotPass (which sucks for us with nobody nearby that has it). I guess that is getting off topic a bit... Someone start a SpotPass thread. xD

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Jigglymilk
Awakening The Blade

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
I'm just so happy that there's a main character who's blonde (by default).

I was waiting soooo longer. Seriously.

- Leaf [Brunette]
- Crystal [Black Hair]
- May [Brunette]
- Dawn [Blue Hair]
- Lyra [Brunette]
- Hilda [Brunette]
- Rosa [Brunette]

And now, finally, finally! T.T There's a blonde!

And I take it's because they've actually left Japan and went for their fanfave country, France, where they believe people are all blonde, blue-eyed and gorgeous They just saved the best for their fanboy country.

/is-blonde-&-blue-eyed
/was-sick-of-brunette-defaults
Idk why but Crystal's hair always looked more blue to me and Dawn's looked more black with blue highlights...
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
These protags are obviously teenagers though, just look at the size of em, here's a gif showing their sizes compared to Lucas, with heads all the same size.
Spoiler:
That is quite a difference in size, i didn't think it would be that much!
I guess they might be somewhat older then, but they'll still be around 16/17

Old May 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Katero

Nature: Quirky
I feel like they're making the protagonists older and more mature in style to appeal to Pokemon's maturing fanbase. I don't know any stats, but I'm sure a majority of Pokemon sales are older fans of previous generations. I'm not complaining though. Being a teenager, it feels awesome to be a character my age and that looks almost exactly like me!

Mage of Mind
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:23 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Just a reminder please to keep the discussion more towards player customisation than thoughts on the protagonists themselves, which can be done in this thread.

I suppose being able to change some details is neat, but it's never been a feature that I cared much for in any game.

Old May 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

With more customization and player flexibility they can capture Animal Crossing fans and the like.
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglymilk View Post
Idk why but Crystal's hair always looked more blue to me and Dawn's looked more black with blue highlights...
In GSC, her hair is blue, but blue = black.

Which means Dawn has black hair, too, but because of just how blue it is (and the fact it came out in later generations where "black" was feasible without looking wonky), she truly has "blue" hair.

I've been hoping for a blonde protagonist since GSC. I hated not having a MC that shared my hair colour I feel the same way about Harvest Moon, too! Which is why More Friends of Mineral Town is one of my favourites of the series - blonde girl!
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Jigglymilk
Awakening The Blade

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
In GSC, her hair is blue, but blue = black.

Which means Dawn has black hair, too, but because of just how blue it is (and the fact it came out in later generations where "black" was feasible without looking wonky), she truly has "blue" hair.

I've been hoping for a blonde protagonist since GSC. I hated not having a MC that shared my hair colour I feel the same way about Harvest Moon, too! Which is why More Friends of Mineral Town is one of my favourites of the series - blonde girl!
Hmm I see. I've been waiting for a blonde protag too!!! I am brunette but omg, everytime a new gen is announced I hope for a blonde protaganist, and we finally got not one, but TWO (Although the males isn't default ) I do hope we can customize the hair color more thouroughly than just blone, platinum blonde and brunette though. I hope we get a wide selection of colors to choose from. We haven't had a ginger protaganist yet either
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Worth noting that you could also owe that to art style differences. They've never, despite the Black & White characters being noticeably older-looking, outright stated the player's ages.

I guess I have to say, I should've taken the mirror at the start of the first trailer as a hint. And plus, with StreetPass, they'd definitely run out of excuses to not have anything like customization because you'd inevitably pass a lot of potential trainers who would look the same.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Since there will be clothing and accessoires available as well, then i guess there could be more haircuts and colors to chose from?
I wonder if every city will have like a store where you can buy this sort of stuff, or if you unlock it by accomplishing something??

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:37 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

I think the three character choices are just presets and once you select one it will pan out and let you customize stuff further... Here's hoping...

Old May 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Romaov
Orra

What kind of outfits and accessories are you hoping to see in X and Y as you play through it? plus maybe even more could be added with DLC in the eshop.
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

I bet there we be clothing choices (for the player) , I'm hoping for some cameo clothing, like Majora's mask, Mario's hat, or a tee-shirt with my Mi's face on it
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe we can get some special clothes based on past players? Maybe even some anime characters? Like the male character can have Red and Ethan's clothes thoughout the years,and both versions of Brandon and Lucas', and those of Nate and Hilbert as well. while the Female character can have their female counterparts, maybe even a black dress as a tribute to Blue (female) from Pokémon special and as a tribute to the female character who was going to be in Red and Green.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Romaov
Orra

I`d like to see where exactly we get these clothes from and for what purposes. Maybe casual shops in cities? Itd make sense since Europe is pretty into fashion I guess.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:36 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

I personally hope for some basic stuff like different pants, shirts and hats where I can change the R/B/G levels of it...

Also it would be cool and smart to do cross promo clothing with the game... Like buying Mario could unlock some Mario like clothing... Something that doesn't look strange in the world, but makes sense for it to be unlocked by that game; like overalls for Mario.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here